Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 267296 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #529: Jun 05, 2017 10:59:45 pm
      Gee the mood and sentiment towards the club has changed over the past couple of pages :D

Makes a change from doom and gloom
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #530: Jun 05, 2017 11:04:15 pm

Just funny how people make such bold comments about the club based on clueless journos and fan pages.

Even the current story is dumb. "VVD agrees to sign for Liverpool and Liverpool willing to pay what Saints want".

If that were the case he'd be signed already!

Anyway, if he comes then good luck to him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #531: Jun 05, 2017 11:04:41 pm
      I get on a plane to St. Thomas and all hell breaks loose, what next, we buy a world class striker???? 😂
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #532: Jun 05, 2017 11:08:06 pm
      Sod that, just give me a 30 goals a season Striker and I'll be happy as larry  ;)

Lacazette and I'd be happy with us resigning konchesky.. seriously.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #533: Jun 05, 2017 11:13:08 pm
      Lacazette and I'd be happy with us resigning konchesky.. seriously.

I'd be happy if we sign him, but I do get the feeling that Jürgen will go into next season with Firmino leading the line. The front 4 of Salah/Firmino/Mane/Coutinho will all get double figures in assists and goals imo.

If we manage to add Keita and a LB too then I'll be hunting out the best priced bookie for us for the title.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #534: Jun 05, 2017 11:24:03 pm
      Glad he isn't called virgil dijk or else the thought of getting VD would be prettty scary
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #535: Jun 06, 2017 01:15:01 am
      I'd be happy if we sign him, but I do get the feeling that Jürgen will go into next season with Firmino leading the line. The front 4 of Salah/Firmino/Mane/Coutinho will all get double figures in assists and goals imo.

If we manage to add Keita and a LB too then I'll be hunting out the best priced bookie for us for the title.

That would be a F**k up on Jurgens behalf if we approached the season with Bobby leading the line. Sturridge showed what an out and out striker brings in the last few crucial games of the season.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #536: Jun 06, 2017 01:28:29 am
      That would be a f**k up on Jurgens behalf if we approached the season with Bobby leading the line. Sturridge showed what an out and out striker brings in the last few crucial games of the season.

Firmino is capable of brilliant things but I don't think he's a brilliant player. I'd be quite disappointed if we started the season with Firmino as our main man up top. Actually not 'quite', very disappointed. Not direct enough not gifted enough in front of goal to merit such a pivotal role.

A Lacazette type player in contrast would be absolutely sensational.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #537: Jun 06, 2017 01:52:05 am
      There's going to be no direct quotes yet until anything is made official. Nothing ever works like you've described it.

Fair enough. But that's why I will hold off on my very entertaining celebration dance.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2017 02:01:46 am by Robby The Z »
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #538: Jun 06, 2017 04:11:02 am
      I thought I read he was off to PSG.... 

I saw that somewhere too mate, said it's about 60m but not sure that's reliable. I'd say it's the most disappoint if he's available but we can't mange to get him. He's a true world class at his peak that rarely available (especially at around the rumored price) and he's success work with Klopp at Dortmund.
      If someone tell me LFC just sign only one player this summer and he's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang I'd be really happy.

Back to VvD ;D if we end up signing him then I'm admit I wrongly estimate the club, new dawn then it seemed :D
      BTW, his free kick and shot, as a CB recall me of our Danny Agger. And, Lovren's reaction was look not so grace, should do better professional.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #539: Jun 06, 2017 04:54:00 am
      Type of signing that would show a real intent. Fair play to FSG if they pull this one off.

VVD is the best CB in the league for me, I don't see a weakness in his game.

If he comes we have gone from kolo and skrtel to matip and VVD.

Wow.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #540: Jun 06, 2017 05:43:26 am
      Glad he isn't called virgil dijk or else the thought of getting VD would be prettty scary

You haven't got a Vertical Dangler?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #541: Jun 06, 2017 06:40:22 am
      If we get this done for less than the 70 million they threw around it would be a real statement. It would also show me that tho new transfer machine is purring with Klopp getting the final say on if we get someone or not l. The way it should be.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #542: Jun 06, 2017 06:55:49 am
      If we get this done for less than the 70 million they threw around it would be a real statement. It would also show me that tho new transfer machine is purring with Klopp getting the final say on if we get someone or not l. The way it should be.
      i think it won't reach 60.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #543: Jun 06, 2017 06:57:23 am
      i'll still call him vd. Too lazy to write vvd. I don't see the big problem. I also say happy vd every 14th of February.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #544: Jun 06, 2017 09:30:10 am
      i'll still call him vd. Too lazy to write vvd. I don't see the big problem. I also say happy vd every 14th of February.

f***in hell Riba, it's no wonder you're a miserable negative git, contracting VD every year, there is help out there yanno!   ;)  ;D

YNWA
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #545: Jun 06, 2017 09:33:49 am
      Not getting too excited until it's done, it would be typical Liverpool for us to find a way to F**k this up.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #546: Jun 06, 2017 09:59:16 am
       :lmao:Any more rumours. I'm sure he on holliers . :f_steam: :f_wah:
      Jimsouse67

• 9,547 posts | 1495 
      Reply #547: Jun 06, 2017 10:52:09 am
      Not going to get carried away myself until it's done & dusted but what a signing it would be but knowing about some of our past shenanigans regarding potential signings we may well end up with Julie Andrews.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #548: Jun 06, 2017 11:05:46 am
      Would anyone be surprised if Ian Ayre/our DOF/Sporting Director and FSG messed this (negotiation and funding) up themselves even though we have our stars aligned?
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2017 11:26:15 am by ruthcity »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #549: Jun 06, 2017 11:06:08 am
      Firmino is capable of brilliant things but I don't think he's a brilliant player. I'd be quite disappointed if we started the season with Firmino as our main man up top. Actually not 'quite', very disappointed. Not direct enough not gifted enough in front of goal to merit such a pivotal role.

A Lacazette type player in contrast would be absolutely sensational.

In addition, as good as this lad is, tackles and headers don't get you out of your seat, cheering like a maniac. Goals do and this club has a proud, if not the proudest tradition of having some of the best Strikers in European football. As you say, Firmino is an important player but lacks the one essential ingredient needed to lead the line. He's simply not clinical enough and is not a natural finisher. All that being said, I don't see Jürgen agreeing with us because I haven't seen a credible link with a Striker yet. Rumours, yes, but no links in the same way we've been linked to VVD, Keita etc.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #550: Jun 06, 2017 11:29:49 am
      Can't make this crap up.....

I don't see anything different in the way this was reported than any other transfer window for any other team. Sounds like sour grapes on the Saint's part but of course it would have to be difficult.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/06/southampton-ask-premier-league-to-investigate-illegal-approach-from-liverpool-over-Jürgen-klopps-involvement-in-virgil-van-dijk-chase/
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #551: Jun 06, 2017 11:33:08 am
      Can't make this crap up.....

I don't see anything different in the way this was reported than any other transfer window for any other team. Sounds like sour grapes on the Saint's part but of course it would have to be difficult.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/06/southampton-ask-premier-league-to-investigate-illegal-approach-from-liverpool-over-Jürgen-klopps-involvement-in-virgil-van-dijk-chase/

I do think it has been a bit different FL.

I don't recall this amount of talk and reports of a players agreeing to join a club before an offer has been made to the selling club.

Quick Reply