Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 267496 times
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 285 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1541: Jul 30, 2017 12:13:01 pm
      Will this happen before we get Sakho off the books?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1542: Jul 30, 2017 12:20:06 pm
      We haven't actually bid for him have we?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #1543: Jul 30, 2017 12:27:22 pm

Heard a rumour last night we've done everything on the quiet and he'll be ours within the week.

Obviously huge pinch of salt needed, but feeling confident we'll get this move sorted.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1544: Jul 30, 2017 12:38:44 pm
      Heard a rumour last night we've done everything on the quiet and he'll be ours within the week.

Obviously huge pinch of salt needed, but feeling confident we'll get this move sorted.

I've no doubt Southampton would sell in we bid £70 million, but as with Keita, I doubt we'll go that high.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1545: Jul 30, 2017 01:11:08 pm
      I've no doubt Southampton would sell in we bid £70 million, but as with Keita, I doubt we'll go that high.

Well if VVD is our last signing we have the cash so no excuse not to.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1546: Jul 30, 2017 01:28:56 pm
      Well if VVD is our last signing we have the cash so no excuse not to.

The price tag shouldn't be a problem, we have a £200 million budget 👍🙄
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1547: Jul 30, 2017 03:10:49 pm

No mate, just apologised for him I think.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1548: Jul 30, 2017 03:33:21 pm
      Little bit of information I heard last night regarding this from a lad that works for the website development at LFC, his words were:

"from people above my pay grade, this is very nearly a done deal." "Van Dijk is extremely confident he can force through a move."

For a bit of background on the lad, I've known him around 15 years, think around 10 of those he's worked for LFC and I've never known him to bullshit or see no reason why he would.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1549: Jul 30, 2017 04:38:16 pm
      Little bit of information I heard last night regarding this from a lad that works for the website development at LFC, his words were:

"from people above my pay grade, this is very nearly a done deal." "Van Dijk is extremely confident he can force through a move."

For a bit of background on the lad, I've known him around 15 years, think around 10 of those he's worked for LFC and I've never known him to bullshit or see no reason why he would.

But yet he's not handing in a transfer request so I don't see how he can force through a move.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1550: Jul 30, 2017 05:01:22 pm
      But yet he's not handing in a transfer request so I don't see how he can force through a move.

No idea mate. I grilled about it at the gin festival of all places, but we started drinking at 6pm and finished around 5am after getting knocked back from going in a gay bar for being too straight because apparently one of our single mates said "there's always loads of hot women in gay bars".

That bit didn't half make me laugh, apparently they wanted a more "partisan" crowd is how they put it. If that's not discrimination I don't know what is, and they want equal rights! :D

Good night had by all though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #1551: Jul 30, 2017 05:25:35 pm

Will be same rumour I've heard doing the rounds mate.

No idea mate. I grilled about it at the gin festival of all places, but we started drinking at 6pm and finished around 5am after getting knocked back from going in a gay bar for being too straight because apparently one of our single mates said "there's always loads of hot women in gay bars".

That bit didn't half make me laugh, apparently they wanted a more "partisan" crowd is how they put it. If that's not discrimination I don't know what is, and they want equal rights! :D

Hahaha yeah done that too and yeah you do tend to find even more hotter women in gay clubs, just a shame the bouncers on the doors can be arseholes.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1552: Jul 30, 2017 06:17:05 pm
      Will be same rumour I've heard doing the rounds mate.

Hahaha yeah done that too and yeah you do tend to find even more hotter women in gay clubs, just a shame the bouncers on the doors can be arseholes.

Fair enough mate, likely is the same rumour.

Hope we get him though because apart from LB, I think CB was the most crucial area to strengthen this summer. Didn't get to see the match last night and have watched the highlights which doesn't really show much of Robertson but heard he actually did alright.

Going into the season with:

Matip
      Lovren
      Klavan
      Gomez

would just seem to be asking for trouble, first two are far too injury prone, Klavan is alright in short spells and Gomez has looked better but is hardly reliable just yet. So getting this one over the line, or any top quality CB, simply has to happen.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1553: Jul 30, 2017 06:39:36 pm

Hope we get him though because apart from LB, I think CB was the most crucial area to strengthen this summer. Didn't get to see the match last night and have watched the highlights which doesn't really show much of Robertson but heard he actually did alright.

Matip
      Lovren
      Klavan
      Gomez

would just seem to be asking for trouble, first two are far too injury prone, Klavan is alright in short spells and Gomez has looked better but is hardly reliable just yet. So getting this one over the line, or any top quality CB, simply has to happen.

I agree. I may be clutching to straws but if that is the case that we are heading into the season with the same defence then at the very least maybe it can give us a chance to see Gomez develop. Gomez can only improve and it's so great to see him getting a full pre-season under his belt with the first team and I thought he was excellent yesterday in Berlin! This summer has probably been the first time I've seen him and thought the guy could have a very very bright future with us.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #1554: Jul 30, 2017 06:40:58 pm

Matip
      Lovren
      Klavan
      Gomez

Agree on the need for a CB.

The fact that Lucas played so many times  filling in there last season shows were short in the position.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #1555: Jul 30, 2017 07:00:57 pm

Matip
      Lovren
      Klavan
      Gomez

From reading twitter, seems Lovren has already picked up a knock from yesterdays game.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #1556: Jul 31, 2017 09:20:10 am
      From reading twitter, seems Lovren has already picked up a knock from yesterdays game.

No worries for FSG there mate. We have got a ready made replacment in Milner (jack of all trades). ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #1557: Jul 31, 2017 02:44:37 pm
      Virgil van Dijk set for showdown talks at Southampton

Liverpool transfer target Virgil van Dijk is set for showdown talks with Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino this week.

The Dutch defender was left out of Saints' pre-season trip to France last week after informing Pellegrino of his desire to join the Reds.

Van Dijk, who is under contract until 2022, was told he would have to train on his own until he accepted the club's stance that he's not for sale.

With the Southampton squad returning to their Staplewood training base, Pellegrino is hoping that the £60million-rated centre-back will back down so he can be reintegrated with his team-mates.

However, if Van Dijk continues to push for a move then Saints will have a big decision to make with the new Premier League campaign less than a fortnight away.

Whatever happens, Van Dijk is going to be short of match fitness come the big kick-off. He hasn't played since suffering a season-ending ankle injury in January.

If Saints are prepared to listen to offers for Van Dijk then Liverpool are prepared to shatter their transfer record to take the 26-year-old to Anfield.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/virgil-van-dijk-set-showdown-13409319
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #1558: Jul 31, 2017 03:21:06 pm
      I think it will be somebody else.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1559: Jul 31, 2017 04:12:48 pm
      Southampton would have to be bigger idiots than Leipzig to cling onto their player, especially if offered a big fee.

I reckon he'll be ours by the end of the week, I'm also not entirely ruling out Keita just yet although I think that is much less likely now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #1560: Jul 31, 2017 04:20:13 pm
      I reckon he'll be ours by the end of the week, I'm also not entirely ruling out Keita just yet although I think that is much less likely now.

Hence what me and KopiteLuke have been saying, it's the rumour going round the city at the moment, signing will be done by end of the week.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #1561: Jul 31, 2017 05:20:25 pm

That made me laugh mate - once got stranded in a gay bar in Majorca after we missed the boat back on a booze cruise.

3 hours and about 10 beers later my mate goes "what's with all these feckin greco roman statues and have any you two seen a bird in this whole place.....?"

Penny dropped......

We just had a couple more before leaving ;)
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1562: Jul 31, 2017 06:27:31 pm
      Klavrn sh*t going forward we as good anyone in league even Europe but if we don't bring in one more cback next thing we playing can or young player never see play before why is manger going in new season still our back line is worse in league
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1563: Jul 31, 2017 06:29:10 pm
      Don't get other cback in bye top 4 or winning anything no point score lots goals but still lose games Bournemouth etc last year type games

Quick Reply