Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Simon Mignolet
      9 (7.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      80 (69.6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      9 (7.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (0.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      14 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: May 05, 2017 09:58:01 pm

Watford 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28853 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Watford 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: May 01, 2017 10:20:34 pm
      Mind boggling how Sturridge doesn't play Gini in at the end there. He was lucky to get a free kick which worked out alright for us.

How do people still not see it's not the hard ones we lose it's the easy ones. The fact fans are still saying the hard ones are behind us is nonsense, we need to be prepared for every team.

Even if we were up against Sunderland next week with our team and how they let pressure get to them I wouldn't be confident enough to say we'd walk it.

This wasn't aimed directly to you mate, but I'm sick of us thinking we're clear hearing fans go on as if we've got nothing to fear and then we drop points.

We need to take every game as it comes.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #576: May 01, 2017 10:25:18 pm
      Don't understand Jürgen. Why he doesn't play Sturridge instead of Origi baffles me completely. He's been fit for weeks now and gets a few minutes at the end of the game, and nearly scores. Sturridge is a class forward. I wonder what the trouble is between him and the boss.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #577: May 01, 2017 10:26:25 pm
      Klopp fairly silenced Carra,and had a dig at some negative  so called Liverpool fans classic stuff
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #578: May 01, 2017 10:27:41 pm
      Migs: Much improved command of his box in recent games. Great to see him catching with such authority even when getting clearly fouled, impressed me there. Did have a dodgy save which seemed simple which he made look bloody difficult on about their only shot on target. Plus I don't like to see him using the outside of the boot when 35 yards out, but good to see him mopping up like that, next time row Z please. 7.5/10

Milner: Poor again, his passing has now started to completely fail him too, has to be fatigued after a long season because it's even short passes that simply aren't finding their way. Another one that indicated mental tiredness is that free-kick on the far side, proper sh*t show that. 5/10

Lovren: Still tried to jump in front of his man too much imo, but wasn't punished and won his fair share of headers at the back against a huge Watford side. 6.5/10

Matip: He's an absolute star this lad, have to find a way of keeping him fit for longer because imo he's right up there with the best CBs in the league. Pure class on the ball, brilliant in the air and deceptive pace. Won just about every challenge he needed to. 8.5/10

Clyne: Awful again, doesn't block crosses, doesn't cross the ball well, doesn't interplay well, doesn't run beyond. Chooses to shoot when he should take his man on (and hits his man square on). He started the game reasonably well in a defensive sense but we need much, much better than Clyne on this form. 4.5/10

Lucas: Won just about every midfield duel he had to fight. Wasn't helped having to play alongside an awful Gini but thankfully for Gini we had Lucas in top form. He covered for his absence and loved his assist, as much as the finish is the thing that will rightly be talked about for years to come that pass was a thing of beauty too. Bailed out his full-backs when needed and gave me a bloody good laugh at the dive, cheers Lucas 8.5/10

Can: Started the game very slowly but warmed up nicely and that goal will live long in the memory. As he said himself he's never scored one like it and I honestly doubt even if he kept trying without anyone defending he'd struggle to score one again. Caught it absolutely perfect making the keeper a spectator from the moment it left his boot. Another good performance by Emre and thankfully it was just a dip against Palace. 8/10

Gini: Has to thank his full-backs for not being the worst player on the pitch, invisible, poor passing, poor decisions and just not in the game at all. Seemed like his mind wasn't right to me, again away from home, very odd. 5.5/10

Coutinho: Thought he started well and was unlucky to get that injury, not on long enough to score.

Bobby: Don't like him from the left, think it's his weakest position of the front 4. Still looked our most creative influence and still looked to inject the most quality with Lallana, needs a better striker to work with than Origi though because he just gives you so little. 7/10

Origi: Don't know how he got 84minutes, offered so little. Should have had a couple of goals but his lack of strength when he ran clear or shockingly poor anticipation on the Lallana shot off the bar was terrible. Takes 100's of touches when only 1 or 2 would do the same and of course much quicker. Disappointed with him and Sturridge or TAA and shift Bobby central should be the move moving forward. 5/10

Lallana: Thought he as excellent right from the moment he came on. Felt for him when he missed the big chance because to me that was more down to tiredness than it was down to technique. Great to have him back, gave us a willing outlet time and time again. Was disappointed when he ducked out of a challenge late on but with him just coming back from injury I'll forgive him one. 7/10

Sturridge: Made a nice impact coming on, almost scored, thought he would to be honest. Should have fed Gini at the end for sure but still good to see he hasn't played his last game for us because we could well need him in the final 3 games.

Jürgen: No idea why he's persisting with Origi but he got us the 3 points so much like Migs with the outside of the foot, you get away with it and it's forgotten quite easily. Dodged a bit of a bullet right at the death but it really would have been cruel for that to rob us of 2 hard earned points. 7/10

Big win, we move on and the pressure on the pack is turned right up! Well in lads!!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #579: May 01, 2017 10:28:36 pm
      He's been fit for weeks now and gets a few minutes at the end of the game,

Really?, according to everything I read he resumed training on the 28th of April after being hurt a few weeks prior where it was likely he would be out for the remainder of the season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #580: May 01, 2017 10:30:23 pm
      20 points out of the last 27.  Very good.

Spring has been good to the reds.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #581: May 01, 2017 10:36:36 pm
      I agree, lets forget the 2nd phase and just blame Lucas for everything.

Global warming is Lucas' fault. There I said it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #582: May 01, 2017 10:39:10 pm
      No great surprise teams try and bully us as it's worked often in the past, what I wouldn't give for a couple of nasty fuckers in the team where the likes of Deeney would think twice before committing an assault on one of our players.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #583: May 01, 2017 10:40:09 pm
      Global warming is Lucas' fault. There I said it.

I doubt your response would be the same if Prodl had lashed that into the back of the net.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #584: May 01, 2017 10:43:02 pm
      Just got off a flight from Glasgow to London. So happy!!!! F***ing yes
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #585: May 01, 2017 10:43:46 pm
      Don't understand Jürgen. Why he doesn't play Sturridge instead of Origi baffles me completely. He's been fit for weeks now and gets a few minutes at the end of the game, and nearly scores. Sturridge is a class forward. I wonder what the trouble is between him and the boss.

Christ.

Yes he is a class forward. Well, he might still be.

Who'd know?

We don't know because he is injured practically all of the time.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #586: May 01, 2017 10:45:24 pm
      Clearly Emre's goal was a beauty and is a goal of the season contender but I gave MotM to Lallana. I thought he was excellent and it was like he had never been away as he was in fine form when he got injured.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #587: May 01, 2017 10:45:55 pm
      The one were Lucas won just about every single aerial duel in the midfield against the biggest side in the league. The one were his passing was fantastic including an assist.

Just because Can scored a wonder goal doesn't buy him the MotM award imo, it's about the contribution over the entire 90 minutes and for me Lucas was the most dominant player out there.

FWIW I also think Matip was ahead of Can, but people get attracted to goals and tend to ignore the little things in the match which all add up.

I thought Lovren and Matip were good.

I suppose my vote wasn't the right one to make but I gave it to Lallana.

Slotted right back in.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #588: May 01, 2017 10:47:09 pm
      Clearly Emre's goal was a beauty and is a goal of the season contender but I gave MotM to Lallana. I thought he was excellent and it was like he had never been away as he was in fine form when he got injured.

Considering he only had 2 training sessions after 4 weeks out, he did really well. Thought he was better than Firmino and Origi on the night.
      Hope Cou's knock isn't too bad and he's back for the next match.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #589: May 01, 2017 10:54:05 pm
      Lucas and Can are really building a good understanding in midfield.
      Good to see; they are both excellent footballers.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #590: May 01, 2017 10:57:32 pm

Slotted right back in.

Exactly who I gave it to also.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #591: May 01, 2017 10:58:56 pm
      Coutinho posted on Instagram that is not serious. Can't wait to see him and Lallana on the same field again.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #592: May 01, 2017 11:00:38 pm
      Coutinho posted on Instagram that is not serious. Can't wait to see him and Lallana on the same field again.

Thank goodness

phil.coutinhoThanks to all for the support. It isn't serious 🙏
      😳 Que Golaçooooooooo amigooo @ec2323 👏🏽👏🏽 big 3 points 🔴🔴 Obrigado a todos pelas mensagens. Foi só um susto, graças a DEUS nada sério 🙏🏽⚽️
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #593: May 01, 2017 11:09:14 pm

Slotted right back in.

Not sure what you mean by "wasn't the right one to make" there mate but I can certainly understand the case for Lallana. Missing 20 minutes of the game though means for me he has quite a lot of catching up to do already. If you viewed it only on the 70 mins he was on the pitch then for sure he was right up there with best player.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #594: May 01, 2017 11:14:35 pm
      Still in the mix for a Champion's League spot !
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,634 posts | 3861 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #595: May 01, 2017 11:15:20 pm

If that strike had gone in off the bar...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #596: May 01, 2017 11:37:59 pm
      If that strike had gone in off the bar...

Before that shot, referee missed a clear foul as Matip was barged out of the way as the ball fell to him. Would have been a horrible injustice for it to have gone in.

Of course if we had simply scored a 2nd goal....

No matter, onward and upward.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #597: May 01, 2017 11:38:28 pm
      Can't be bothered to analyse. We won and that's all that matters.

Missed most of the game too as bloody ISP blocked IPTV provider, until I got VPN installed.

3 points in the bag and a corker of a goal. Get in there!!

Quick Reply