Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Mohamed Salah (AS Roma)

Read 84261 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Re: Mohamed Salah (AS Roma)
      Reply #552: Jun 20, 2017 06:33:11 am
      The thought of him and Mane running the counter makes me do this......... :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #553: Jun 20, 2017 07:30:03 am
      I am sure, what-a-hit-son will, that guy is a f**king stalker!!!!! I bet he's at the airport with a bunch of roses and a welcome mat for him.

I'm a stalker?  I just go to work in Liverpool and come home mate.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #554: Jun 20, 2017 07:35:54 am
      I'm a stalker?  I just go to work in Liverpool and come home mate.

That's what every international spy would say ;)
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #555: Jun 20, 2017 07:45:14 am
      Sturridge? Lukaku? Matic the first time round? Even Bertrand.

Can't think of many youngsters who arrived there and worked their way up to be a star there apart from Hazard. Even Courtois had made his name out on loan at Atletico and made a CL final i think it was before returning to Chelsea.

His pace, versatility, being left footed and going off how people describe his play style, he's the prototype of the winger we are missing.

Yeah, Chelsea aren't a side you associate with giving much of a chance to younger lads. Or at least, giving them a sustained and fair go at competing for a place.

But also, he signed for Mourinho who well know has players he trusts and those he doesn't. The longer we've seen him manage the less and less rational his 'trust' in players seems to based on their talent alone. For all we know he could have taken a dislike to Salah's jeans and considered them an existential threat to his authority as manager... the man is a paranoid weirdo!!

Taking Chelsea and Mourinho's history in account, I just can't see how you can hold the Chelsea spell against him. He's exactly the 'profile' of player can get, should get and, I hope, will make a habit of competing for.

I'd still be interested in a bit more information or an analysis of how he's played for Roma recently when he's not had the space in behind. I haven't seen them at all last season so while I know they are attacking, do they build attacks in similars ways to this Liverpool team? Especially interested in how he did at home against a packed defence, if that actually happened.

I'm not a Serie A buff so I'd appreciate it if anyone had information or an opinion on that.
      « Last Edit: Jun 20, 2017 07:50:46 am by KS67 »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #556: Jun 20, 2017 08:29:33 am
      Serious question: Is this Salah any good?

We've been after this bloke for God know's how long, I hope he's worth it after disappointing at Chelsea.

One name - Kevin De Bruyne
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #557: Jun 20, 2017 08:49:07 am

Thanks for the name.

But is he any good?

There doesn't seem to be much insight into this fella really, other than the fact we're trying to sign him.

For example, would he bring more, less, the same to the team as what Mane does?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #558: Jun 20, 2017 08:59:18 am
      https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7a/Graph_of_sliding_derivative_line.gif
      Using ^, a ~67% chance of him being a success.    In other words, finers crossed. Would be hopeful though, not in a Markovic hopeful kinda way, more confidently hopeful given his past experience. Tis a slight worry though that we were interested in him 'before' Klopp arrived.
      :D

Fingers crossed then.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #559: Jun 20, 2017 09:01:55 am
      Thanks for the name.

But is he any good?

There doesn't seem to be much insight into this fella really, other than the fact we're trying to sign him.

For example, would he bring more, less, the same to the team as what Mane does?

I had similar questions, mate. Because when we played against Chelsea, Brendan asked Flanno to heckle him at Anfield. He was subbed from the game eventually. People say he has been doing well in Italy and that he will be a good signing for us. I hope he is really worth all this.

Of course, IF we sign him!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #560: Jun 20, 2017 09:23:36 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #561: Jun 20, 2017 10:10:34 am
      The Echo reports that Salah is waiting to catch a Liverpool bound plane as the protracted negotiations continue on a £35m deal with no date set for a medical, 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-medical-booked-yet-mohamed-13207371

Edwards will end up phoning Spurs telling them to get their arses in gear and put a rival bid in.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #562: Jun 20, 2017 10:53:43 am
      Must say I'm pretty excited at the prospect of Mo, Mane, and Bobby up front next season.

If Bobby can become more consistent with his finishing it will be a deadly combo.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #563: Jun 20, 2017 11:02:52 am
      Must say I'm pretty excited at the prospect of Mo, Mane, and Bobby up front next season.

If Bobby can become more consistent with his finishing it will be a deadly combo.

Gods, I'm not. The thought of going into next Season with Bobby spearheading our assualt is enough to make me cry. He has his uses but the guy is no natural goal scorer. Now if we had Mo, Mane and a world class Striker then yes.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #564: Jun 20, 2017 11:09:22 am
      Gods, I'm not. The thought of going into next Season with Bobby spearheading our assualt is enough to make me cry. He has his uses but the guy is no natural goal scorer. Now if we had Mo, Mane and a world class Striker then yes.

Seconded.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #565: Jun 20, 2017 11:25:21 am
      F**k me if we gotta piss about like this with a virtually unproven winger, what F***ing chance have we got in going for what we are crying out for in a proven, game-saving striker.
      For that matter a sh*t hot defender or an Alonso type middle man?

F**k this 'wait and see' FSG placation, 8 F***ing years of placation and we're still hoping beyond hope.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #566: Jun 20, 2017 11:28:08 am
      F**k me if we gotta piss about like this with a virtually unproven winger, what f**king chance have we got in going for what we are crying out for in a proven, game-saving striker.
      For that matter a sh*t hot defender or an Alonso type middle man?

F**k this 'wait and see' FSG placation, 8 f**king years of placation and we're still hoping beyond hope.

Wait, are you saying Mo Salah is unproven? Have you watched him play at Roma at all? He's 🔥
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #567: Jun 20, 2017 11:32:15 am
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #568: Jun 20, 2017 11:56:46 am
      Wait, are you saying Mo Salah is unproven? Have you watched him play at Roma at all? He's 🔥

There's a stigma attached to the fact he's perceived to have failed at Chelsea. Nonetheless, this guy should not represent the pinicle of this Summer's business. We've yet to see us get a deal over the line for a player other clubs were interested in.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #569: Jun 20, 2017 11:58:31 am

Well obviously a fit and firing Sturridge would be the preference up top but the chances of this are as slim as us signing a world class striker.

I think Bobby can score 20 league goals next season personally.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #570: Jun 20, 2017 12:06:05 pm
      Well obviously a fit and firing Sturridge would be the preference up top but the chances of this are as slim as us signing a world class striker.

I think Bobby can score 20 league goals next season personally.

Sturridge has been working his arse off in the U.S to get fit:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/875809200764596224

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #571: Jun 20, 2017 12:08:29 pm

I don't doubt that mate but if he gets a kick in training all that working his arse off won't matter a toss.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #572: Jun 20, 2017 12:09:38 pm
      I don't doubt that mate but if he gets a kick in training all that working his arse off won't matter a toss.

True, but if he's staying, then this is a good start!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #573: Jun 20, 2017 12:09:42 pm

He does that every year mate and then come the start of the year its same old story.

I wish he could give us 1 year like 2013/14 under Klopp.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #574: Jun 20, 2017 12:11:46 pm
      Bet every cent I have Bobby plays every game he's fit and able.

Quick Reply