Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Call Of Duty 4

Read 17130 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Call Of Duty 4
      Nov 10, 2007 09:01:08 am
      I bought this game yesterday after work. I didn't play it for long but it is a very good game from what I experienced.
      I'm shocked because I've never played any Call Of Duty games so it gave me a supprise by how quick you have to think and react. I'm use to games like Socom & Metal Gear Solid where you've got time to think and plan ahead, the action in Call Of Duty is crazily fast!!!

Anyway back to what the games based about, it's just based on war in the Middle East and you have to capture him or her and save him or her. The graphics are amazing though, game play seems as realistic as you can get!

The only thing I don't like about this game is that its a first person shooter so you can only see your characters gun and not the character. Oh and the gameplay is a bit of a kick and rush!
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Re: Call Of Duty 4
      Reply #1: Nov 10, 2007 09:33:24 am
      RA RA,

This is awsome! 18 players online with no lag! just crazy paced killing spree!

Graphics and game play are excellent. Easily best shooter and probably game on PS3 at the mo :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #2: Nov 10, 2007 09:57:50 am
      RA RA,

This is awsome! 18 players online with no lag! just crazy paced killing spree!

Graphics and game play are excellent. Easily best shooter and probably game on PS3 at the mo :)

Noticed you on this yesterday.   Thought it was next week.  Trip to the shop later methinks.

Microphone enabled?
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 10, 2007 04:11:30 pm
      yeah comms work excellent aswell............. 10/10 :)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Nov 10, 2007 08:57:47 pm
      Dying to play it! Amazing from the looks of things though.....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #5: Nov 11, 2007 08:51:35 pm
      Not got it yet.  Had a bad weekend TBH.  Anybody know what the cheapest high street price is?  Blockbuster doing a good deal on this?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #6: Nov 11, 2007 09:09:45 pm
      I got this on the release date.. same with PES2008

All games come out on a friday.. if your working like me then just get someone else to fetch it for you if possible!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #7: Nov 11, 2007 09:16:31 pm
      I got this on the release date.. same with PES2008

All games come out on a friday.. if your working like me then just get someone else to fetch it for you if possible!

I am well aware games come out on a Friday.  While at Uni I did work for EB Games. 

Just thought this was next week.  If anybody knows any high street shops where it is around £35 for the PS3 then let me know as I will probably get it on the way home from work tomorrow.  I'd imagine it is £40 in all the supermarkets and stuff.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #8: Nov 11, 2007 09:21:37 pm
      I'm that kind of person who gets stuck on a level and then totally gives up on the game for a few days... maybe weeks ;D

Guess what? I'm totally stuck on a level right now, I know what to do, the gameplay is just too fast and intense for me.. It'll take time for this game to grow on me but I can tell it's an amazing game.. only wish they made Socom & MGS on the 360
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #9: Nov 11, 2007 09:23:08 pm
      I'm that kind of person who gets stuck on a level and then totally gives up on the game for a few days... maybe weeks ;D

Guess what? I'm totally stuck on a level right now, I know what to do, the gameplay is just too fast and intense for me.. It'll take time for this game to grow on me but I can tell it's an amazing game.. only wish they made Socom & MGS on the 360

From what I have heard the one player bit is ridiculously short and easy (so say the reviewers).  I never finished Call of Duty 3 - not because it was too hard - just that I got completely hooked on the online play.

I'm going to be missing off the forum a bit this week I reckon!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Nov 11, 2007 09:24:14 pm
      RaRaRafa, my son wants an X-box 360 for Christmas, are they worth the money?

Sorry I know this has nothing to do with Call of duty
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #11: Nov 11, 2007 09:25:42 pm
      I like online play but I usually try and start playing online after I have completed the story mode. Sometimes I reckon online play is a bit too competitive, I mean, they play like their life's are in it!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #12: Nov 11, 2007 09:26:46 pm

I'm a PS3 owner but there really isn't much between them.  I think you have to pay to play online with the Xbox wherease the PS3 is free.  But at the end of the day - if that's what he wants - do you really have a choice? ;)

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #13: Nov 11, 2007 09:28:59 pm

Yes they are worth the money, they have some really good games. However I think I'm a Playstation boy as I've always been addicted to their exclusive games like Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Socom and probably a few more.

I am happy enough with my 360, though one day soon I might start thinking about buying a Playstation 3. I can afford it now, but is there any point right now? Let the price drop!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: Nov 11, 2007 09:33:28 pm
      Thanks Chaps,

He's already got an x-box, but you can't get ant decent games for it, since they bought the 360 out.

I'm under pressure from him now, he won't give up on this.

JD your right, I probably don't have a choice.  Kids eh.......who'd have em !!

I don't think he'd bother about playing on-line.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #15: Nov 12, 2007 08:19:09 pm
      My 360 got the three red lights and packed in, Microsoft eh!! Just gonna let my little brother get it fixed and I'm gonna buy the elite :)

Seen a few reviews of this and it really does look like a quality game! Can't wait to get this and my elite hooked up to my 50" HDTV  8) heh!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #16: Nov 12, 2007 11:06:32 pm
      These people that get the three red lights are not unlucky, they just brought it on themselves. I've had my console for 8 months now and not a single problem with it - why? Because I don't over play it like a lot of other people would. I play the 360 about 2 hours a week, didn't play it today - prob not 2morro either as i'll be tired after work.. probably i'll play it on a sunday.

Thing is when you play the console, don't play it solid as that'll screw the machine up.. it'll wear out. Some games are so good that people play these like 5 hours solid.. I seriously don't know how they do that as I can't even play it 1 hour solid even if its the best game going!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #17: Nov 13, 2007 01:07:10 am
      Got this on the PS3 on my way home from work.

One of the most realistic games I have ever played.  I was pretty decent at Call of Duty 3 but this is something entirely different. 

A must buy game.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #18: Nov 13, 2007 12:11:22 pm
      Got this on the PS3 on my way home from work.

One of the most realistic games I have ever played.  I was pretty decent at Call of Duty 3 but this is something entirely different. 

A must buy game.

Its excellent isnt it JD :)

Tried to join your game yesterday but I had a server issue, appaerantly Activison ran some server maintenance so they should run fine now, they underestimated the amount of people who play this online! It Rocks!!!

These people that get the three red lights are not unlucky, they just brought it on themselves. I've had my console for 8 months now and not a single problem with it - why? Because I don't over play it like a lot of other people would. I play the 360 about 2 hours a week, didn't play it today - prob not 2morro either as i'll be tired after work.. probably i'll play it on a sunday.

Thing is when you play the console, don't play it solid as that'll screw the machine up.. it'll wear out. Some games are so good that people play these like 5 hours solid.. I seriously don't know how they do that as I can't even play it 1 hour solid even if its the best game going!

Sorry RA RA have to disagree with you on this, Its a Microsft Issue not the owners. They released it to early when clearly it had design faults, just cause you ONLY play 2hrs a week doesnt mean your not gonna get the 3RL, I know someone who bought the Halo 360 and that broke after a week so your wrong..........

I have played my PS3 for 10hrs+straight for 3days in a row and I leave it on over night and I have never had any issues......... Its build quality not the amount of time played............. 

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #19: Nov 13, 2007 07:06:54 pm
      You've played your PS3 for 10 hours straight? Too much time on your hands?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #20: Nov 13, 2007 11:57:39 pm
      Tried to join your game yesterday but I had a server issue

<insert chicken noises here> ;)

You've got a bit of a lead on me but I will claw it back.  Much harder than COD3 - but getting the hang of it slowly but surely.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #21: Nov 14, 2007 12:10:09 am
      You've played your PS3 for 10 hours straight? Too much time on your hands?

kind of yeah, was 'ill' a couple of weeks back so was makin full use of the time at home........
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #22: Nov 14, 2007 12:39:41 am
      And that 'intro' after you escape off the ship in one player is superb.

Quick Reply