Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 196604 times
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1334: Jul 26, 2017 07:18:55 pm
      It's interesting in that if it was Bayern, Barca or even LFC....the manager comes out and says "not for sale, nothing more to say"

RBL seem on a daily basis to have to come out and say something..anything...it's almost like they are doing it simply because they see the club's name all over the papers and internet whereas in real life nobody cares about them or pay's attention.

Whether he stays or goes..RBL is milking the PR for everything it's worth and seem to be lapping it up now while they can.
      These people tend to say something because it is asked over and over again.

You can be sure that someone will be asking Klopp about Coutinho in the next press conference, and what is he supposed to do? Not answer?

Sometimes these things get to people. By the way, I personally see nothing wrong with anything that Rangnick said.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1335: Jul 26, 2017 07:26:20 pm
      You can be sure that someone will be asking Klopp about Coutinho in the next press conference, and what is he supposed to do? Not answer?

The last two times he was asked he said "I've already said all I have to say"  so yeah don't answer, no comment.

The entire saga is making a non relevant club relevant and I think they are milking it for all it's worth and don't mind at all it carrying on.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #1336: Jul 26, 2017 07:37:23 pm
      The last two times he was asked he said "I've already said all I have to say"  so yeah don't answer, no comment.

The entire saga is making a non relevant club relevant and I think they are milking it for all it's worth and don't mind at all it carrying on.
      How are they not relevant? People need to stop being bitter.

To me, it looks like he is fed up to be honest, and who wouldn't be? Last week that was Wenger railing against journalists for sticking with the Sanchez story, and soon that may be Monaco if questions about Mbappe still abound and they have no want to sell.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1337: Jul 26, 2017 07:41:03 pm
      How are they not relevant? People need to stop being bitter.

To me, it looks like he is fed up to be honest, and who wouldn't be? Last week that was Wenger railing against journalists for sticking with the Sanchez story, and soon that may be Monaco if questions about Mbappe still abound and they have no want to sell.

Red Bull Leipzig are an irrelevant club..it's not being bitter at all...they simply have zero history, won nothing and are at the relevancy level of a club like Swansea or Hull.

Simply irrelevant to world football.
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2017 07:47:43 pm by AZPatriot »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1338: Jul 26, 2017 07:43:53 pm
      A whole village in Guinea’: RB Leipzig’s Rangnick criticises Naby Keïta’s entourage

RB Leipzig’s sporting director Ralf Rangnick has criticised Naby Keïta’s entourage and claimed the midfielder has had his head turned by “a whole village in Guinea”.

Keïta has been the subject of two failed bids from Liverpool, with the latest – a £66m offer that would have shattered their transfer record – rejected last week. Jürgen Klopp has made the 22-year-old his priority in midfield this summer, with Keïta understood to have informed Leipzig he is keen to move to Anfield.

But despite reports in Germany that last season’s Bundesliga runners-up were searching for replacements, Rangnick insisted that neither Keïta nor attacking midfielder Emil Forsberg will be leaving the club.

“There should be someone who points them into the right direction,” he said at a coaching convention in Bochum on Wednesday.

“The boys themselves are not the problem here. It is their surroundings. A whole village in Guinea or somebody from their entourage tells the players why they must do something right away. I can’t blame the players.

I expect them to play for us next season. Both are extraordinary players who make the difference for our team.”

Guardian sport has contacted Keïta’s agents for comment. They are understood to have held talks with Leipzig on Wednesday having met with Klopp earlier this week during Liverpool’s pre-season tour to Hong Kong.

More to follow...

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/26/naby-keita-rb-leipzig-village-guinea

Interesting choice of words there..."I expect" vs. "They will be"
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1339: Jul 26, 2017 07:45:52 pm
      A whole village in Guinea’: RB Leipzig’s Rangnick criticises Naby Keïta’s entourage

RB Leipzig’s sporting director Ralf Rangnick has criticised Naby Keïta’s entourage and claimed the midfielder has had his head turned by “a whole village in Guinea”.

Keïta has been the subject of two failed bids from Liverpool, with the latest – a £66m offer that would have shattered their transfer record – rejected last week. Jürgen Klopp has made the 22-year-old his priority in midfield this summer, with Keïta understood to have informed Leipzig he is keen to move to Anfield.

But despite reports in Germany that last season’s Bundesliga runners-up were searching for replacements, Rangnick insisted that neither Keïta nor attacking midfielder Emil Forsberg will be leaving the club.

“There should be someone who points them into the right direction,” he said at a coaching convention in Bochum on Wednesday.

“The boys themselves are not the problem here. It is their surroundings. A whole village in Guinea or somebody from their entourage tells the players why they must do something right away. I can’t blame the players.

I expect them to play for us next season. Both are extraordinary players who make the difference for our team.”

Guardian sport has contacted Keïta’s agents for comment. They are understood to have held talks with Leipzig on Wednesday having met with Klopp earlier this week during Liverpool’s pre-season tour to Hong Kong.

More to follow...

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/26/naby-keita-rb-leipzig-village-guinea

Storm in a teacup for me
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #1340: Jul 26, 2017 07:47:54 pm
      I still think him and VVD are coming incidentally........
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1341: Jul 26, 2017 07:55:30 pm
      I still think him and VVD are coming incidentally........

I'm about 95% on VVD and 60% on Keita....lets hope your right.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #1342: Jul 26, 2017 07:59:04 pm
      Red Bull Leipzig are an irrelevant club..it's not being bitter at all...they simply have zero history, won nothing and are at the relevancy level of a club like Swansea or Hull.

Who on earth cares about history? You have to start somewhere, don't you?

They are now somewhere, and if they keep competing as they did last season, making Champions League appearances, they will become a household name.

People who hang onto history are those who tend to look back because they maybe do not see much to be positive about going forward. 20 years ago, what were Chelsea and Manchester City? In that same time, they have won the league, become more attractive to players, and established themselves as regular Champions League teams while we have gone back for the most part.

History is great (at that time when people experienced it), but what about creating more historic moments?
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2017 08:03:43 pm by grooveshark »
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #1343: Jul 26, 2017 08:01:28 pm

How are Swansea irrelevant, their about to start their 7th season in the Premier League. Just cos leipzig only got promoted into the bundesliga recently that makes them irrelevant aswell does it...I call that an achievement. Or do you call swansea irrelevant because they haven't won anything in the last 7 yrs, well niether have we....or is it because that swansea are a WELSH side playing in the ENGLISH premier league.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1344: Jul 26, 2017 08:05:31 pm
      They are now somewhere, and if they keep competing as they did last season, making Champions League appearances, they will become a household name.

Yup...your right and they at least tied in today's qualifiers

BTW these teams are playing today along with RBL...I'm sure they all think they are going to become household names too just like RBL will... :roll:

Viitorul
      Rijeka
      Fimleikafélag
      H. Beer-Sheva
      OGC Nice
      Apoel Nicosia
      Rosenborg

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1345: Jul 26, 2017 08:07:46 pm
      How are Swansea irrelevant, their about to start their 7th season in the Premier League. Just cos leipzig only got promoted into the bundesliga recently that makes them irrelevant aswell does it...I call that an achievement. Or do you call swansea irrelevant because they haven't won anything in the last 7 yrs, well niether have we....or is it because that swansea are a WELSH side playing in the ENGLISH premier league.

We are talking relevant in global football.

Do you consider Swansea a relevant club in terms of football world wide? Do you consider Swansea a big club?

Maybe if you read previous posts you would catch on with the discussion?
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #1346: Jul 26, 2017 08:10:58 pm
      We are talking relevant in global football.

Do you consider Swansea a relevant club?
      They play in the Premier league. Dont you think the Premier League is a big part of global football?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1347: Jul 26, 2017 08:11:59 pm
      They play in the Premier league. Dont you think the Premier League is a big part of global football?

Bet most people in the world could name 6-8 clubs that play in the premier league.

The rest of those clubs are filler material.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1348: Jul 26, 2017 08:12:42 pm
      Who on earth cares about history? You have to start somewhere, don't you?

People who hang onto history are those who tend to look back because they maybe do not see much to be positive about going forward. 20 years ago, what were Chelsea and Manchester City? In that same time, they have won the league, become more attractive to players, and established themselves as regular Champions League teams while we have gone back for the most part.

History is great, but what about creating more historic moments?

Or you could just buy your history like Chavs & City are , your obviously a modern type of fan who only cares what happens in the 'now' and F**k our achievements from the past, well, we started somewhere too, 125 yrs ago to be precise, but unlike chavs, city, psg, rb f***in leipzig we built sides that brought us the history we have today, through sheer hard f***in graft, rather than signing a f***in cheque,

you sound exactly like a Manc friend of mine who isn't interested what happened 30+ yrs ago, i pointed out to him his dis-interest, cos his club were f***in sh*te back then, i told him he was nothing short of a f***in glory hunting tosser, with his only sing when your winning bullshit,

your not like that are ya lad ?

YNWA
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #1349: Jul 26, 2017 08:14:14 pm
      Bet most people in the world could name 6-8 clubs that play in the premier league.

The rest of those clubs are filler

The rest of those clubs are filler material.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #1350: Jul 26, 2017 08:15:11 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1351: Jul 26, 2017 08:15:21 pm

I call it fact.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1352: Jul 26, 2017 08:16:58 pm

More to follow...

Yeah, certainly no certainty there.

Strangely, in my opinion, he's been accused of racism on the back of those quotes. Unless there's something that's not quoted there I'm struggling to see anything that can be construed as racism.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #1353: Jul 26, 2017 08:18:35 pm

So let's start a new league with the 6 to 8 clubs that world can name in the premier league and let the rest drift off into the sunset. Let's see if Keita will join us then.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1354: Jul 26, 2017 08:19:59 pm
      Yeah, certainly no certainty there.

Strangely, in my opinion, he's been accused of racism on the back of those quotes. Unless there's something that's not quoted there I'm struggling to see anything that can be construed as racism.

Think the implication is that he was saying that black Africans live in villages.

I'm not going to point fingers one way or the other because only he knows what he meant, just passing along what I've read.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #1355: Jul 26, 2017 08:20:30 pm
      Yup...your right and they at least tied in today's qualifiers

BTW these teams are playing today along with RBL...I'm sure they all think they are going to become household names too just like RBL will... :roll:

Viitorul
      Rijeka
      Fimleikafélag
      H. Beer-Sheva
      OGC Nice
      Apoel Nicosia
      Rosenborg
      Prior to last season, no one I know of knew of RB Leipzig. The moment they started winning games, and how they competed the whole season is what made them relevant.

It is just like Deportivo, if you ask some of the younger fans whether they are relevant or not, most will come and tell you that they are a small team in Spain. Winning is what builds a name, competing is the next best thing. Unlike some of the teams that you have listed up there, the Bundesliga is a league that is one of the better followed leagues out there outside the La Liga and Premier League. So they are relevant, more than Greece, Sweden, Israel......leagues I am not bothered to know who won, or who came up in the runners up spot.

As I said, Chelsea were not relevant two decades ago, neither were City. They are more relevant in the game today, as are Arsenal and United. Winning is what creates history.......what have we created last 7 years?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1356: Jul 26, 2017 08:24:44 pm
      So let's start a new league with the 6 to 8 clubs that world can name in the premier league and let the rest drift off into the sunset. Let's see if Keita will join us then.

That is not the conversation...the conversation was is that I believe that RBL are playing this up for all it's worth because they're names in the papers where normally it would not be.

I think they love it and are milking it to the nth degree.

I do not believe RBL are a big club..and I think you would struggle to find a group of people in a room outside of the Bundesliga that have ever even heard of them.

Now as to your plight of dealing with football snobbery goes; I will let you deal with it and carry the torch for all the little guys out there.

Quick Reply