Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 195383 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #851: Jul 18, 2017 09:11:12 am
      We can't just keep 'moving on' though, well, we have no choice I guess, but something needs to be done about FSG's recruitment strategy. No way Klopp will stand for this long term, no way, and when that happens, we lose one of the best managers we've had in decades. My worry is, where do you go after Klopp?
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2017 09:48:32 am by Rush »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #852: Jul 18, 2017 09:27:38 am
      We can't just keep 'moving on' though, well, we have no choice I guess, but something needs to be done about FSG's recruitment strategy. No way Klopp will stand for this long term, no way, and when that happens, we lost one of the best managers we've had in decades. My worry is, where do you go after Klopp?

Bit premature.

I think Klopp's on their wavelength more than others might think.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      Reply #853: Jul 18, 2017 09:52:33 am
      That's why I said long term
      I think Klopp's on their wavelength more than others might think.
      You mean concerning our transfer policy and trying to assuage fans concerning the seemingly drawn out transfer dealings (or lack thereof)? I agree. He certainly sounds like the other FSG employees and that's also worrying. Not saying Klopp is a yes man, I'm just thinking he hasn't wised up to things, yet.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #854: Jul 18, 2017 10:06:03 am
      That's why I said long termYou mean concerning our transfer policy and trying to assuage fans concerning the seemingly drawn out transfer dealings (or lack thereof)? I agree. He certainly sounds like the other FSG employees and that's also worrying. Not saying Klopp is a yes man, I'm just thinking he hasn't wised up to things, yet.

Yes.

There's two ways of looking at it, like Mick suggests whereby he's sticking by his guns and pushing forth his targets and isn't settling for anything else. And know's the game exactly here, where he could eventually get impatient and pissed off if his targets aren't brought in.

Or... he's believing the powers above him are in complete control of everything and he's happy to let them get on with it. If this is the case, it may take him a while to realise that our fundamental transfer operations are frustrating most of the time - and disappointment is a bed fellow at this club in that regard.

You've got to remember, he's had what 3 transfer windows, there's those among our fanbase who have seen circa. 14 transfer windows under FSG, and still to this very day pull out all the excuses to curb dissent. It may take Klopp a couple more in that case, if the latter point is correct.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #855: Jul 18, 2017 10:10:51 am
      My worry is, where do you go after Klopp?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #856: Jul 18, 2017 10:40:51 am
      We can't just keep 'moving on' though, well, we have no choice I guess, but something needs to be done about FSG's recruitment strategy. No way Klopp will stand for this long term, no way, and when that happens, we lose one of the best managers we've had in decades. My worry is, where do you go after Klopp?

erm what else could FSG do if Leipzig absolutely don't want to sell, take the family of Rangnik hostage or something?
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #857: Jul 18, 2017 11:38:27 am
      What is taking  us  so long  the first  offer was rejected ,offer them the best
      we  can,if they reject  than we move on .
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      Reply #858: Jul 18, 2017 03:10:41 pm
      erm what else could FSG do if Leipzig absolutely don't want to sell, take the family of Rangnik hostage or something?
      No. Just offer them £70m, the price they slapped on the player, instead £57m

Then if they still don't sell, move on. Nobody needs kidnapping.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #859: Jul 18, 2017 04:03:31 pm

I still reckon we'll get him, prob about £65 million.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #860: Jul 18, 2017 06:11:25 pm

Agreed. If we don't offer 70m, we weren't trying to sign him. We knew all along it is 70m so why show interest if we don't bid the asking price.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #861: Jul 18, 2017 06:54:23 pm
      Agreed. If we don't offer 70m, we weren't trying to sign him. We knew all along it is 70m so why show interest if we don't bid the asking price.

Its because of the supposed £48m (or 48m euro) release clause he has next summer. Would they really want to lose £22m euro for the sake of just a couple million euro?

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #862: Jul 18, 2017 07:09:09 pm
      Its because of the supposed £48m (or 48m euro) release clause he has next summer. Would they really want to lose £22m euro for the sake of just a couple million euro?

Next Summer if he continues on this growth scale it will be Bayern activating that release clause and ole Ralf Rangnick can explain to the club supporters why they sold they're best player to the #1 club in the Bundesliga and strengthened an opponent while weakening themselves

Don't think for a second that discussion is not ongoing all throughout the Red Bull consortium right now.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #863: Jul 18, 2017 07:51:53 pm
      Ralf Rangnick said that there were no players at RB Leipzig that had an exit clause in their contracts.

It is as some have said, offer what is rumored to be their asking price and see whether that will entice them to sell, if not, move on to someone else.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #864: Jul 18, 2017 07:57:56 pm
      ahh yes, those all important release clause. I remember when Arsenal triggered Suarez release clause and then we sold him to Barca a year later for 30million more... yeah lets just wait to trigger that  :roll:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #865: Jul 18, 2017 08:09:55 pm
      ahh yes, those all important release clause. I remember when Arsenal triggered Suarez release clause and then we sold him to Barca a year later for 30million more... yeah lets just wait to trigger that  :roll:

We wouldn't be the ones triggering it next year now would we?
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #866: Jul 19, 2017 07:48:31 am
      https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/887560489865281540

Not the best news, but it is something that had been building up. Do not know how reliable SportBild is, but if this is indeed the case, then it is time to move onto another target.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #867: Jul 19, 2017 07:57:52 am

Not the best news, but it is something that had been building up. Do not know how reliable SportBild is, but if this is indeed the case, then it is time to move onto another target.

If the club think they can still get him then I think we will go in with one more bid.

But £66M for a relatively unknown player, football has gone insane!

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #868: Jul 19, 2017 08:18:36 am
      If the club think they can still get him then I think we will go in with one more bid.

But £66M for a relatively unknown player, football has gone insane!
      like I said, until 70m has been bid, we have not been serious.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #869: Jul 19, 2017 08:21:06 am

I get the impression 'move onto another target' means that's it for this window.

I get the impression Klopp had only earmarked one player for midfield, and that was that, no second, third, fourth choice targets. He either gets the player he think will come in and improve the team, or not, instead of 'spending money for the sake of it'.

That's the impression I got. Who knows he may have an Ace up his sleeve. But the longer this goes on, teams will less likely sell, making them panic rush to buy their own replacement.

Up until this point, it's been another disappointedly frustrating summer window, but we're all getting used to that norm now, aren't we.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,703 posts | 3937 
      Reply #870: Jul 19, 2017 08:26:50 am
      Well that's that then
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,466 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #871: Jul 19, 2017 08:31:59 am

Take out the full stop in the quote and he is leaving,  i should work for a tabloid...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,703 posts | 3937 
      Reply #872: Jul 19, 2017 08:44:28 am
      How comes we never take this type of stance with our star players?

Torres
      Mascherano
      Alonso
      Suarez

All fu**ed off relativley easily.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #873: Jul 19, 2017 08:54:00 am
      We should introduce a world wide red bull ban for all Liverpool fans, f**k em.

Horrible drink no idea why people drink it.

Quick Reply