Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193633 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1196: Jul 23, 2017 11:14:01 pm
      So we bid that kind of cash as a publicity stunt?

Is this down to the ownership or the manager or neither?

Publicity stunt? I have no idea, but why are we dicking around chasing players that aren't for sale? On whose information did we think that we had a chance to buy this kid even though everyone and their brother within the actual organization said till they were blue in the face that it wasn't happening?

When Dortmund said Pulisic wasn't for sale, we tucked tail and ran. On this one we acted like we were deaf, dumb and blind.

I'm not sure who this is "down" to, but we are supposed to be an all-time great, HUGE club with plenty of financial resources and Champion's League football to offer and so far we've been able to land three targets, one of which will be a sure starter, 3 of which to my knowledge, no other teams were even in for. I hope they all three turn out to be stars...we are going to need it if we have any intention of challenging for the league and/or making headway in the cups.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1197: Jul 23, 2017 11:16:57 pm
      41 pages... mental.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1198: Jul 23, 2017 11:23:50 pm
      Publicity stunt? I have no idea, but why are we dicking around chasing players that aren't for sale? On whose information did we think that we had a chance to buy this kid even though everyone and their brother within the actual organization said till they were blue in the face that it wasn't happening?

When Dortmund said Pulisic wasn't for sale, we tucked tail and ran. On this one we acted like we were deaf, dumb and blind.

I'm not sure who this is "down" to, but we are supposed to be an all-time great, HUGE club with plenty of financial resources and Champion's League football to offer and so far we've been able to land three targets, one of which will be a sure starter, 3 of which to my knowledge, no other teams were even in for. I hope they all three turn out to be stars...we are going to need it if we have any intention of challenging for the league and/or making headway in the cups.

Ok

Is it the owners problem for not stumping up enough for the player?
      Is it Edwards fault for not getting the deal over the line?
      Is it the managers fault for wanting Keita and not moving on sooner?

Someone needs to take the fall for this I was curious as to who you thought.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #1199: Jul 23, 2017 11:48:32 pm
      I think this and VVD will happen.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,416 posts | 3409 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1200: Jul 23, 2017 11:52:30 pm

Oh please stop using pulisic as an example, HE said he didn't want to leave, end of...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,416 posts | 3409 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1201: Jul 23, 2017 11:53:13 pm
      we lowballed them. 70m rated player. We never met that fee.

Get a grip
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1202: Jul 24, 2017 12:06:43 am
      Ok

Is it the owners problem for not stumping up enough for the player?
      Is it Edwards fault for not getting the deal over the line?
      Is it the managers fault for wanting Keita and not moving on sooner?

Someone needs to take the fall for this I was curious as to who you thought.

Dunno, do we ever have enough solid info to know where the blame lies? There's a lot of assumptions that would have to be made. The owners seem to be willing to spend, Klopp seems to have targets identified (although are they realistic and are there numerous backups?), the one wildcard is Edwards, I'm not really sure what role he plays in all of this.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1203: Jul 24, 2017 12:09:04 am
      Oh please stop using pulisic as an example, HE said he didn't want to leave, end of...

I'll use him as an example as much as I want. What he said was clearly said to  make sure he saved faced with the Dortmund fans.

I'm not sure why you have such a hard on for people that are frustrated at our lack of movement in this window. I don't go around telling you how stupid you are for not being more concerned that we can't seem to ever get a first choice target over the line.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1204: Jul 24, 2017 12:18:45 am
      If true he's intent on joining us and that is our final bid, he'll know by now its up to him to force the issue, i'd love to believe that this is the end of the saga and we'll move on to other targets but I don't believe it is, can see more twists and turns in this.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1205: Jul 24, 2017 12:22:48 am
      If the deals dead, move on to the next target and we'll discuss this one later. Ok we tried! 🙄 Don't fail next time, get it F***ing sorted before we run it of time. While we're on the subject, what's stopping us buying Van Dijk?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1206: Jul 24, 2017 12:25:02 am
      "Liverpool yet to decide over Keita" - Pearce "Liverpool haven't tabled a 3rd bid" - Bascombe "Liverpool have 3rd bid rejected" - Sky.

Hmmm
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1207: Jul 24, 2017 12:32:56 am
      so is anyone still dumb enough to think FSG would drop 60, 70, 80mil on a midfielder? silly season and everyone's a sucker! clearly all a PR stunt to get the fans on their side, brainwash them into 2 months of thinking they will spend 150m net spend haha, they will never do it, i don't know why my fellow fans are all losing their minds. you pay too much attention to the media, you shouldn't even read it every day let alone have this addiction.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1208: Jul 24, 2017 12:38:33 am
      i don't know why my fellow fans are all losing their minds. you pay too much attention to the media, you shouldn't even read it every day

Ironic considering the conflicting reports.

"Liverpool yet to decide over Keita" - Pearce "Liverpool haven't tabled a 3rd bid" - Bascombe "Liverpool have 3rd bid rejected" - Sky.

Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #1209: Jul 24, 2017 12:52:22 am
      so is anyone still dumb enough to think FSG would drop 60, 70, 80mil on a midfielder? silly season and everyone's a sucker! clearly all a PR stunt to get the fans on their side, brainwash them into 2 months of thinking they will spend 150m net spend haha, they will never do it, i don't know why my fellow fans are all losing their minds. you pay too much attention to the media, you shouldn't even read it every day let alone have this addiction.

I think the dumbest thing is to have this one player lined up that we want, and should we fail to get that one player, then we go without. Whatever happened to options? Like should we fail to get Player 1 then we go for Player 2, etc. We don't run like that now, if option 1 is a no go, then game over, make do with what we have.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1210: Jul 24, 2017 01:29:39 am
      Next year?

:lmao:

Right..just like Dahoud and Pulisic.

What a fecking joke. This was the year to get him, his release clause (for German clubs) will kick in next year and you will see Bayern show us how you bully a smaller club into a transfer. What a waste of time this all was.

Congrats to FSG for sanctioning the bids, but something tells me we knew from day one that we'd never end up paying it.

Meanwhile our rivals are all having no problems signing players.

Let's not start bashing FSG again. Had enough of that in every other thread on the forum.

That last statement couldn't be further from the truth.

Man United have been struggling to sign Perisic for 2 months. They also failed to sign Morata.

Chelsea missed out on Lukaku before spending £70m on a guy who has scored double figures in the league just once so far.  They also failed to sign Sandro.

Spurs haven't signed anybody.

Arsenal have so far failed to sign Mbappe & Lemar.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1211: Jul 24, 2017 01:30:21 am

Give it a F***ing rest.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1212: Jul 24, 2017 01:37:27 am
      just trying to help my fellow fans out, its painful when we all knew RB wouldn't sell their best players 2 months ago but for some reason everyone thinks it could happen out of nowhere, i dont want us being such hysterical nitwits all over the internet anymore! embarrassing!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1213: Jul 24, 2017 01:41:12 am
      i dont want us being such hysterical nitwits all over the internet anymore! embarrassing!

Still got some way to go before we get into the David Silva/David Villa/Arda Turan* never going to happen levels of hysteria.

*Delete as applicable

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1214: Jul 24, 2017 01:49:20 am
      We didn't bid 70m. We didn't try.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1215: Jul 24, 2017 01:57:53 am
      We didn't bid 70m. We didn't try.

Seem fairly sure about this lid!!
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1216: Jul 24, 2017 07:13:47 am
      What's this Kaveh Solhekol bloke saying on sky?
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1217: Jul 24, 2017 07:39:02 am
      Let's not start bashing FSG again. Had enough of that in every other thread on the forum.

That last statement couldn't be further from the truth.

Man United have been struggling to sign Perisic for 2 months. They also failed to sign Morata.

Chelsea missed out on Lukaku before spending £70m on a guy who has scored double figures in the league just once so far.  They also failed to sign Sandro.

Spurs haven't signed anybody.

Arsenal have so far failed to sign Mbappe & Lemar.

Captain "fsg" defender? Are you on the pay role or what lad?  ;D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1218: Jul 24, 2017 07:41:17 am
      Roll out the chestnut...

Next summer we'll be in for him.

Same sh*t, different window.

Quick Reply