Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 576399 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2760: Dec 22, 2020 06:48:19 pm
      Think what weā€™re overlooking is that he wanted to be captain against Midtjylland.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,700 posts | 3937 
      Reply #2761: Dec 22, 2020 07:02:01 pm
      You boys not reading the thread? Thatā€™s been reference a few times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #2762: Dec 22, 2020 07:07:12 pm
      You boys not reading the thread? Thatā€™s been reference a few times
      What about him wanting the armband in our last European group fixture?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,700 posts | 3937 
      Reply #2763: Dec 22, 2020 07:15:19 pm
      What about him wanting the armband in our last European group fixture?

Yes thatā€™s been discussed above
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #2764: Dec 22, 2020 08:13:03 pm
      If he goes he goes. No player bigger than the club, just make sure we have reasonable replacements in place and wish him well if we canā€™t give him the deal he wants.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #2765: Dec 22, 2020 10:43:09 pm
      This is a legit story, Mo gave an interview to AS and answered questions on the subject of Madrid/Barca. This is unusual in that he rarely ever gives direct 1 on 1 interviews in any media. Whether or not it's a deliberate plan on the part of his agent to shop Salah to Barca/Madrid, or strengthen their hand in contract negotiations with us, who knows. What is clear is that his future beyond the current contract (and next summer, if we don't want to lose him on a free) is in doubt, and nothing is

He made a statement some time ago to the effect that he might eventually play for a big team in Europe, as stated that was before the so called "big sides in Europe" fell from grace - he is now playing for the best team in the world.

Stop playing media bullshit games, where can he go to improve his status/image?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #2766: Dec 22, 2020 11:40:02 pm
      Mo is one for the best forwards in world football and could be on double his salary easily at the likes of Real or PSG.

I think this is all a play to secure a bumper new contract which will be the last big one of his career.

We're gonna need to up his money to around Ā£300k a week or he might well look to leave.

Sickening I know but this is what happens when you become the best club in the world some of your top players will want the top salaries.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #2767: Dec 22, 2020 11:40:46 pm
      Mo is one for the best forwards in world football and could be on double his salary easily at the likes of Real or PSG.

I think this is all a play to secure a bumper new contract which will be the last big one of his career.

We're gonna need to up his money to around Ā£300k a week or he might well look to leave.

Sickening I know but this is what happens when you become the best club in the world some of your top players will want the top salaries.

We ainā€™t gonna pay him 300k per week.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #2768: Dec 22, 2020 11:46:34 pm
      We ainā€™t gonna pay him 300k per week.

Probably not which is why I think he may look to leave. Could be a similar situation with Gini. They both know when can double their salaries at other clubs.

It's a conundrum but I think the club will play it out smartly.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #2769: Dec 22, 2020 11:56:41 pm
      Probably not which is why I think he may look to leave. Could be a similar situation with Gini. They both know when can double their salaries at other clubs.

Gini's issue is not the money, it's the additional year (3 on offer vs 4 he wants).

Salah would never get that kind of money from us because of how it would upset the entire wage structure. If he goes to 300K then its only natural players like Mane and Virgil would want similar money, and if you don't give it to them you could have tension build, and if you do give it to them, then those who make 150K are not going to want 200K, etc etc.

If it ever came to where he wants that kind of money, then he is free to leave at the end of his contract. Wouldn't be the first to mistakenly think he is bigger than the club but should also realize that as good as he is, he production is also a result of the system he plays in, one that is centered around him more than anyone else offensively.

In general, if you want to be successful over the long term, i believe you have to look at it as a business and pay your players for FUTURE performance and not past performance, which is what gets you in trouble when you have players whose days are behind them but still pulling top wages.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #2770: Dec 23, 2020 12:15:55 am
      It's a storm in a tea cup. He can't leave, no one is going to pay what he is worth given his age, especially when all clubs are financially compromised. And who could be a more attractive club than the one he currently plays for? The Mancs? Don't make me laugh. The big two in Spain are going through a big depression. PSG? There's a small chance there I suppose, but the league is so weak it's got to feel like an anteroom to retirement and is he far too young for that.

I call bollocks.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #2771: Dec 23, 2020 12:41:33 am
      Gini's issue is not the money, it's the additional year (3 on offer vs 4 he wants).

Salah would never get that kind of money from us because of how it would upset the entire wage structure. If he goes to 300K then its only natural players like Mane and Virgil would want similar money, and if you don't give it to them you could have tension build, and if you do give it to them, then those who make 150K are not going to want 200K, etc etc.

If it ever came to where he wants that kind of money, then he is free to leave at the end of his contract. Wouldn't be the first to mistakenly think he is bigger than the club but should also realize that as good as he is, he production is also a result of the system he plays in, one that is centered around him more than anyone else offensively.

In general, if you want to be successful over the long term, i believe you have to look at it as a business and pay your players for FUTURE performance and not past performance, which is what gets you in trouble when you have players whose days are behind them but still pulling top wages.

I don't think we should change our wage structure one bit. Look at the mess Arsenal are in now paying a player they have frozen out Ā£350k per week, and a past his prime striker Ā£375k a week.

Dishing out bumper pay mega contracts out of desperation to hold on to players rarely works out well for clubs.

If Mo is stirring in pursuit of a bumper contract he will soon realise this club does not compromise. And if he leaves for another club purely for more money he'll soon after realise what a mistake he made as others have before him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #2772: Dec 23, 2020 11:43:47 am

As stated mate, other clubs could maybe offer higher wages but they do not have the best manager in the world running the best club in the world.
      Coincidentally all this sh*te about Salah joining RM, Barca or whoever has been conjured up at the same time his contract and salary is up for renewal, Salah's agent no doubt sparking and stoking the smouldering horseshit..
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #2773: Dec 23, 2020 12:13:09 pm
      As stated mate, other clubs could maybe offer higher wages but they do not have the best manager in the world running the best club in the world.
      Coincidentally all this sh*te about Salah joining RM, Barca or whoever has been conjured up at the same time his contract and salary is up for renewal, Salah's agent no doubt sparking and stoking the smouldering horseshit..

That depends on whether heā€™s a go for the money Emre Can or a loyalty to club and fans Carra (may be an extreme example) type of person. The top money is deffo elsewhere. But at Liverpool thereā€™s always a chance to win things.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #2774: Dec 23, 2020 12:41:40 pm
      That depends on whether heā€™s a go for the money Emre Can or a loyalty to club and fans Carra (may be an extreme example) type of person. The top money is deffo elsewhere. But at Liverpool thereā€™s always a chance to win things.

As stated.
      Your ā€œexamplesā€ are of no consequence, the scenarios involving Carragher and Can were  entirely different.
      In simple terms Salah is a world class striker who is the subject of exploitation by a so called representative.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2020 12:52:43 pm by stuey »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #2775: Dec 23, 2020 12:42:45 pm
      At end of the day there's no chance this front three all stay with us and retire together. They're going to be broken up at some point and it will most likely start this coming summer. Mane, Mo or Bobby? Who knows?

It'll be sad but it's something that needs to happen if we want to stay at the top. They've given us their best years and made us European Champions, League champions and the best team in the world - that'll do for me.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #2776: Dec 23, 2020 02:00:36 pm
      At end of the day there's no chance this front three all stay with us and retire together. They're going to be broken up at some point and it will most likely start this coming summer. Mane, Mo or Bobby? Who knows?

It'll be sad but it's something that needs to happen if we want to stay at the top. They've given us their best years and made us European Champions, League champions and the best team in the world - that'll do for me.

Would definitely want to hold our front 3 for at least two more years as they are in their prime now. That will give the likes of Jota and Elliot more time to develop, and also time to bring in a couple of top forwards as natural replacements preferably Sancho and Haaland.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #2778: Dec 24, 2020 01:46:59 pm
      There is no reason for him to dump the world's best coach here where he can win the lot, for Koeman just to play Alaves and Levante every week.

I know players want to play for Real and Barcelona, but Barcelona are a laughing stock atm. Ask Coutinho.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2779: Dec 24, 2020 02:15:31 pm

He made a statement some time ago to the effect that he might eventually play for a big team in Europe, as stated that was before the so called "big sides in Europe" fell from grace - he is now playing for the best team in the world.

Stop playing media bullshit games, where can he go to improve his status/image?

These are quotes from the AS interview a week or so ago, nothing to do with statements from some time ago. I don't know how Salah himself feels about his status or image, but I have no idea why you're telling me to stop playing media bullshit games? I was just stating the facts of the matter, including the fact that whilst he didn't rule out Barca/Madrid, he also said he wants to 'break all the records' at LFC. This isn't media bullshit, or a made up agent story, it's literally his words.

You can read into his quote however you like - I'd suggest reading the Athletic write up WAHS posted, and from that you can tell there's a certain amount of uncertainty around Mo's future, however you read his quotes. He might just like a new challenge at the end of his career - these guys only have one career and sometimes they want to play for certain clubs. Just as likely at this stage is that we offer him a contract and keep him beyond 2022.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #2780: Dec 24, 2020 10:37:38 pm
      These are quotes from the AS interview a week or so ago, nothing to do with statements from some time ago. I don't know how Salah himself feels about his status or image, but I have no idea why you're telling me to stop playing media bullshit games? I was just stating the facts of the matter, including the fact that whilst he didn't rule out Barca/Madrid, he also said he wants to 'break all the records' at LFC. This isn't media bullshit, or a made up agent story, it's literally his words.

You can read into his quote however you like - I'd suggest reading the Athletic write up WAHS posted, and from that you can tell there's a certain amount of uncertainty around Mo's future, however you read his quotes. He might just like a new challenge at the end of his career - these guys only have one career and sometimes they want to play for certain clubs. Just as likely at this stage is that we offer him a contract and keep him beyond 2022.

What's a "new challenge"??
      Winning the club world cup?
      Winning the CL?
      Winning the domestic Premier League?

You are crediting his agent's speil as the player's intentions, the two are entirely different.with different agendas.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #2781: Dec 24, 2020 11:22:13 pm
      A lot of media bull sh*t.  Salah scored at the weekend and the camera is fixed on Mane's face.  FFS we want to see JĆ¼rgen celebration the players celebrations no they're looking for something always.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2782: Dec 25, 2020 12:44:12 am
      Disgusting comments on social media about his family posing in front of the Christmas tree hope he can completely ignore them.

Quick Reply