Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 580022 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #6141: Apr 06, 2024 12:42:13 pm

Look out Mancs on Sunday. We are all coming for ya!

If we treat it like another cup final.  :f_whistle: maybe we can raise our game again.  :lmao: Sad isn’t it. 😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6788 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6142: Apr 07, 2024 12:43:38 am
      If we treat it like another cup final.  :f_whistle: maybe we can raise our game again.  :lmao: Sad isn’t it. 😂

Form goes out the window here mate.

Hate this fixture more then anything else, coz u guys are such jammy cu*ts!

Also nerve racking knowing them 2 cu*ts went away and got the 3 points.

Have to be faultless.

Fancy Mo to get his boots back on tonight.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,220 posts | 841 
      Reply #6143: Apr 07, 2024 05:59:30 pm
      Can’t fault Salah for playing with average forwards next to him.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #6144: Apr 07, 2024 06:01:52 pm
      He wasn’t the best but fk me the other were awful today

It’s like having baros all over again at times

I miss mane and bobby so much, we would be top with a few points clear if we had them imo
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 439 
      Reply #6145: Apr 07, 2024 06:03:04 pm
      Hes not been great since his return but still chipping away on personal numbers.

Why do keepers not know by now he goes bottom left?

Every F***ing time he does it and mixes it up every now and then with one down the middle!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,090 posts | 2121 
      Reply #6146: Apr 07, 2024 06:04:00 pm

Agreed. Mo's had plenty of games like that in the last 7 years and has had periods where despite scoring has looked slack in all round play. And yet he's still worth so much more in this state than whatever the F**k Diaz, Nunez and Gakpo have in their minds.

I thought Nunez was appalling in his lack of awareness as to Mo's whereabouts. Donkey Gakpo failed to release the ball to him on the right on a couple of occasions when he made his usual underwhelming appearance from the bench. Diaz and his moronic mindset just wouldn't pass to anyone when the pass was on.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 439 
      Reply #6147: Apr 07, 2024 06:15:45 pm
      Agreed. Mo's had plenty of games like that in the last 7 years and has had periods where despite scoring has looked slack in all round play. And yet he's still worth so much more in this state than whatever the F**k Diaz, Nunez and Gakpo have in their minds.

I thought Nunez was appalling in his lack of awareness as to Mo's whereabouts. Donkey Gakpo failed to release the ball to him on the right on a couple of occasions when he made his usual underwhelming appearance from the bench. Diaz and his moronic mindset just wouldn't pass to anyone when the pass was on.

What happened to you? You used to be full of praise and optimism. You're worse than me these days  and im a proper negative b***ard during the matches :lmao:

For what it's worth I agree entirely.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,220 posts | 841 
      Reply #6148: Apr 07, 2024 06:42:35 pm

When Salah had Firmino and Mane with him we would score most of our counters

With Nunez and Diaz ….
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #6149: Apr 07, 2024 06:47:06 pm
      When Salah had Firmino and Mane with him we would score most of our counters

With Nunez and Diaz ….

He was as guilty as the other two in my eyes poor
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #6150: Apr 07, 2024 07:26:29 pm
      Thankfully Ramadan ends on Tuesday. Salah has looked leggy and lacking his usual spark today and this past week, not that you can blame him it can’t be easy.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,052 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6151: Apr 07, 2024 07:46:12 pm
      He was as guilty as the other two in my eyes poor

100%. Wasted 2 chances 2nd half after doing next to nothing in the 1st, the only good thing he did was converting the pen.

Diaz was our best forward today.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6788 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6152: Apr 08, 2024 04:58:10 am
      Looked still completely rusty, surely that was the game for the cobwebs to be blow away!

Mo 7-10 games to go Legend.

Go on and win the scoring Title which in turn leads us to winning the Premier League Title.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,281 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6153: Apr 09, 2024 04:48:33 am
      Another poor performance hasnt looked the same since the Afcon
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts | 863 
      Reply #6154: Apr 09, 2024 05:26:53 am
      Mo's performance against United was disappointing.  I anticipated a drop in form due to his involvement in AFCON, as Mo is someone who relies on building his form gradually. A good preseason sets him up well for the season, but if he misses games, it takes him a few matches to regain his usual level. The certainty of a drop in form grew when he suffered an injury and it was revealed he'd be out for an extended period.

Mo is Mo, in a game or two he'll be  back to averaging 1g and 1a per game, but truth is that our frontline, with Jota out for a long time, simply can't afford to have the second best finisher in the team (I consider Jota to be our best finisher) pulling blanks even if for 2 or 3 games. As much as I like Nunez and Diaz, those lads are not exactly Mane and Firmino. If Mo's form drop you can't expect one of them to step up and get himself a brace every game for a run of 3 or 4 games until things are back in order. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,485 posts | 3437 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6155: Apr 09, 2024 07:02:49 am
      People keep mentioning the afcon but seem to forget he's been injured since then , such are his standards that he's set then I understand why people expect more but we need to understand that players do have peaks and troughs during a season
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,052 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6156: Apr 09, 2024 09:30:25 am
      Few of our key players are just not with it lately. Mo, Szobo, Nunez.

At least we've seen a big improvement from the likes of Mac, Kelleher and a resurgence from Robbo.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #6157: Apr 09, 2024 10:18:38 am
      I think people are underestimating how much fasting till 7pm takes it out of you. The guy cannot eat or drink, I can barely do my day job at a desk while fasting let alone play professional football at the highest level.

I expect after today with Ramadan being over us seeing Mo be more like his usual self.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,052 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6158: Apr 09, 2024 10:27:21 am
      I think people are underestimating how much fasting till 7pm takes it out of you. The guy cannot eat or drink, I can barely do my day job at a desk while fasting let alone play professional football at the highest level.

I expect after today with Ramadan being over us seeing Mo be more like his usual self.

Might be wrong but I can't remember us ever talking about Ramadan with Mo ever being a detrimental factor in his form the last 6-7 years?

In truth he hasn't quite looked right other than the Brentford cameo ever since the injury he picked up at AFCON.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,428 posts | 805 
      Reply #6159: Apr 09, 2024 10:29:03 am

If there was a drop off in stamina to the level that you suggest, the club would no doubt be aware of it, and wouldn't take the risk of playing him. I didn't see any noticeable lack of energy on Sunday...he certainly didn't miss from 3 yards out due to tiredness....he missed because players sometimes miss. I think the fasting excuse is exagerated.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #6160: Apr 09, 2024 10:30:13 am
      Might be wrong but I can't remember us ever talking about Ramadan with Mo ever being a detrimental factor in his form the last 6-7 years?

In truth he hasn't quite looked right other than the Brentford cameo ever since the injury he picked up at AFCON.

Personally I have always felt a drop off, calling him Ramadan Mo at home ;D.

If there was a drop off in stamina to the level that you suggest, the club would no doubt be aware of it, and wouldn't take the risk of playing him. I didn't see any noticeable lack of energy on Sunday...he certainly didn't miss from 3 yards out due to tiredness....he missed because players sometimes miss. I think the fasting excuse is exagerated.

They did and that's why he came off early against Sheffield UTD.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,428 posts | 805 
      Reply #6161: Apr 09, 2024 10:44:14 am
      Personally I have always felt a drop off, calling him Ramadan Mo at home ;D.

They did and that's why he came off early against Sheffield UTD.
      That's your guess...fair enough...but you don't know that for sure....there's no way you could know.
      You don't really believe he was labouring with fatigue at Utd....You've made a suggestion and you feel the need to defend it...He wasn't tired.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #6162: Apr 09, 2024 10:51:10 am
      That's your guess...fair enough...but you don't know that for sure....there's no way you could know.
      You don't really believe he was labouring with fatigue at Utd....You've made a suggestion and you feel the need to defend it...He wasn't tired.

You are right there was no way of me knowing oh well, I do believe his performance is hindered when fasting that's all. But I guess you are a pro athlete who fasts so you can say he isn't tired.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,428 posts | 805 
      Reply #6163: Apr 09, 2024 11:03:46 am
      You are right there was no way of me knowing oh well, I do believe his performance is hindered when fasting that's all. But I guess you are a pro athlete who fasts so you can say he isn't tired.
      Never really understood the attraction of sarcasm, anyway, Your eyes witnessed a player hindered by exhaustion....my eyes saw a player as fit and able as any other time I've seen him play.....moving on.

Quick Reply