Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Our current owners and transfer committee

Read 30608 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Our current owners and transfer committee
      Reply #161: Jul 11, 2017 03:14:50 pm
      Seems like this Summer transfer fees are rising again. Fenway seem to think they are the dogs bollocks with the Salah signing but that is a relatively small fee these days and there needs to be plenty more where that came from.

Do they have it in them?

On what grounds do you have to claim "Fenway seem to think they're the dogs bollocks with the Salah signing".

Where are the quotes or any other piece of eveidence that suggest Salah is being celebrated more than any other signing made by any club.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #162: Jul 11, 2017 04:04:26 pm

People could get real petty with that system. I remember getting negged for giving away the ending of Toy Story 3...seriously!

Yeah, I couldn't believe that IRA woman was a man. Shocker!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #163: Jul 11, 2017 08:40:41 pm
      https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/884823144837656577

Doesn't sound good that. I understand that "we said" that we'd date the document and that it should be left off, but the fact it wasn't and was most probably altered by us just doesn't sit right.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #164: Jul 11, 2017 08:50:20 pm
      Do people still believe we will sign Van Dijk and Keita? Just curious, because thinking back to when the nonsense about the £200 Million we had to splurge this summer, a lot of folks on social media used it to attack the FSG doubters, since that had proved to be (surprise surprise) bullshit they've changed their stance. It's lets wait and see now, and if we don't get these players it will be anybody other than FSGs fault.

If we don't get the players we need (and Klopp.wants), it'll be back to they saved us no doubt. But this has to be the Summer where FSG are finally held to account if we don't build on the momentum Klopp has built.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #165: Jul 11, 2017 09:11:09 pm
      https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/884823144837656577

Doesn't sound good that. I understand that "we said" that we'd date the document and that it should be left off, but the fact it wasn't and was most probably altered by us just doesn't sit right.

I haven't been keeping up with this, but are the people involved sacked ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #166: Jul 11, 2017 09:13:09 pm

From what I read of it, this is kind of old news. The Premier League already looked at this as part of their  investigation and penalties. It's the father that's continuing to push the issue. I don't believe there is to be another investigation but maybe I'm reading it wrong.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #167: Jul 11, 2017 09:23:12 pm

With our lot, nah, promoted I think.

RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #168: Jul 11, 2017 11:07:43 pm
      From what I read of it, this is kind of old news. The Premier League already looked at this as part of their  investigation and penalties. It's the father that's continuing to push the issue. I don't believe there is to be another investigation but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Think this is a new thing though. If we have falsified the date on a document to suit our agenda then we deserve everything we are about to get for it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #169: Jul 12, 2017 12:43:55 am
      A month till our first Premier League game.

I feel like we're starting to approach the 'panic buy Balotelli' period of the window.

I didn't expect us to go out and buy Messi but this is increasingly starting to look a bit like a massive piss take.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #170: Jul 12, 2017 08:05:11 am
      A month till our first Premier League game.

I feel like we're starting to approach the 'panic buy Balotelli' period of the window.

I didn't expect us to go out and buy Messi but this is increasingly starting to look a bit like a massive piss take.

Agree. Next week or two will be crucial. Don't mind leaving one or two 'nice to haves' until the latter part of the window, but all essential business should be completely as swiftly as possible.

One out of three/four essential slots filled so far with a month to go leaves us with lots of work to do in a relatively short space of time.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #171: Jul 12, 2017 08:48:59 am
      I have to admit I'm getting a bit tetchy myself, my usual optimism is waning.

The problem I have is will we even panic buy? Jürgen's already said he won't sign players for the sake of it so if our targets won't be available till winter does that mean we wait till then or even worse, as is reported in the case of Keita, next summer.

I mean there's such a thing as playing the long game but f**k me, don't take the piss.

Welcome back mate, good to have a game to look forward to today!

Agree that 'playing the long game' in this case would seem fraught with pitfalls. Without a name on a dotted line then realistically, even when the time comes, someone could gazump us and we'd be left looking like fools.

Jürgen is only back about a week so one would hope that he's cracking the whip behind the scenes but it's hard not to get the distinct impression that all our eggs are sitting in a couple of lonely baskets right now. If not Keita and VvD then the alternatives look very thin on the ground.

The part that's getting to me a little is that, ok we're waiting on these two, but don't we have other business that could be done. The left back situation is dire yet I get the feeling we're waiting on Moreno to leave before anything is done there. Even if/when he does then it's a deputy that's being touted and not a starter. For me the biggest issue that needed sorting was the defence, too often last season when teams broke on us we looked woefully short on recovery pace on our left and that led to disorganisation and massive gaps appearing across the back line so Milner/Lovren needed upgrading upon and if you can't do one, at least do the other.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #172: Jul 12, 2017 09:19:23 am

Agree that 'playing the long game' in this case would seem fraught with pitfalls. Without a name on a dotted line then realistically, even when the time comes, someone could gazump us and we'd be left looking like fools.

Jürgen is only back about a week so one would hope that he's cracking the whip behind the scenes but it's hard not to get the distinct impression that all our eggs are sitting in a couple of lonely baskets right now. If not Keita and VvD then the alternatives look very thin on the ground.

The part that's getting to me a little is that, ok we're waiting on these two, but don't we have other business that could be done. The left back situation is dire yet I get the feeling we're waiting on Moreno to leave before anything is done there. Even if/when he does then it's a deputy that's being touted and not a starter. For me the biggest issue that needed sorting was the defence, too often last season when teams broke on us we looked woefully short on recovery pace on our left and that led to disorganisation and massive gaps appearing across the back line so Milner/Lovren needed upgrading upon and if you can't do one, at least do the other.

Spot on mate and looking at the two primary targets VVD and Naby you can see that they'd both have a massive effect.

I mean Naby is compared with Kante and look how much he alone has an affect in the defensive half of the field.

It's daft, we'll probably sign two youngsters Baby Keita and Vincent Van Dijk.

But don't worry they'll be ready for the first team in 21 years just waiting on their mother to push them out then we can start the tapping up process.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #173: Jul 12, 2017 10:06:52 am
      I feel that unless we have a successful season the natives will get restless and Fenway will know they have got a battle on their hands.We have had too much success over the years and will not take finishing in the top 4 as acceptable.We have had enough heartache over the years and we want nothing more than to see our trophy room used on a regular basis once again.Open your ears Fenway and listen to the loyal supporters of L.F.C. the greatest club on this earth.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #174: Jul 12, 2017 11:33:18 am
      Do people still believe we will sign Van Dijk and Keita? Just curious, because thinking back to when the nonsense about the £200 Million we had to splurge this summer, a lot of folks on social media used it to attack the FSG doubters, since that had proved to be (surprise surprise) bullshit they've changed their stance. It's lets wait and see now, and if we don't get these players it will be anybody other than FSGs fault.

If we don't get the players we need (and Klopp.wants), it'll be back to they saved us no doubt. But this has to be the Summer where FSG are finally held to account if we don't build on the momentum Klopp has built.

Well said. And the pattern is all too familiar in the last 8 years. Modus operandi, booooom!!!! buy early on a 30t mil player. Gets every fan excited that FSG has finally changed their ways and more world class players will come onboard. Meanwhile, continue to haggle over the price until the seller clubs lost patience with us and abandon negotiations. Finally, last minute bought 2nd grade players at cut price or overpaid for players. Am i surprised at what happens now, not at all. I have grown accustomed to FSG ways, max profit and baseball is the order of the day. And don;t give a damn s**t about the fans.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #175: Jul 12, 2017 11:40:15 am
      I feel that unless we have a successful season the natives will get restless and Fenway will know they have got a battle on their hands.We have had too much success over the years and will not take finishing in the top 4 as acceptable.We have had enough heartache over the years and we want nothing more than to see our trophy room used on a regular basis once again.Open your ears Fenway and listen to the loyal supporters of L.F.C. the greatest club on this earth.

They won;t because they haven't gone though the successful years of the 70s, and 80s like many of us here do. LFC is just another money churning machine to them, reputation built over the last few decades and they just ride on it, to finance their baseball team back in Boston. They will be punished in one way or another sooner or later, fan base is already dwindling over the last 8 years, I;m sure. The club needs to win honours to attract new generation of supporters, for the last 8 years we aren't. I have stopped buying all merchandise and pay tv subscription in a silent way I'm already boycotting even though it has no effect at all to FSG.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #176: Jul 12, 2017 12:36:22 pm
      Sorry mate but the Red Sox are worth 2.3bn so I don't think us valued at 1bn are supporting them at all. We're self sufficient and unless a wedge is spent this window then the profits are going somewhere but I doubt they're going into the Red Sox.

Just try and hold yourself and see what happens over the coming couple of weeks before you start cancelling stuff and not buying merchandise, unless you wanted to do it anyway of course.

😉

Thanks mate for the encouragement, truly appreciate that but the last 8 years have been truly depressing. Coming through the 70s era till now and saw the club remain stagnant for the lat 26 years is extremely depressing. Asking to be a champion at least once in the last 8 years is not too much, I would think. But having said that, I will never support another football club and  LFC forever for me.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #177: Jul 12, 2017 12:38:49 pm

Well said, but Boston is having very different priorities. Fans' and owner's objectives do not converge.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #178: Jul 12, 2017 01:06:48 pm
      Pretty sure I read somewhere that the club's stance is that if we don't think a team will sell to us, then we won't even submit a bid.

If that's true, that's the biggest joke of a "stance" I've read in awhile. Successful clubs dictate transfer policy, especially to smaller clubs, we need to start acting like a bigger club. The tapping up thing was the first joke move...now here we are waiting around to submit bids because we aren't sure if the other club will deal with us. Like I've said before, pull your balls out and make the first move. Stop standing on the sideline waiting for the girl to give you the "come hither" eyes.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #179: Jul 12, 2017 04:12:26 pm
      4 weeks until the seasons opener and we're still f***in about every other team has recruited new players and preparing for the new campaign, but not us. Now I've been as patient as I can get but I'm starting to question if there's any f***in money at all,  this not the Klopp way of prepping for a challenge on all fronts,

He last season wanted new faces in for pre-season so why is it being left this late this season,
      If selling clubs are dragging their feet we should at least let it be known we're interested in other parties,

I mean even sly sources have F**k all to shout about, not even a bullshit rumour or two,  it's a f***in sad day when your Shitty neighbours out buy you in a transfer window,

This was supposed to be the THE season we step up in recruiting quality and spend the kind of money that can take us closer to no19, yet with 1 month to go and we have signed one decent player and a young untried future prospect,
      Hardly the kind of preparation required to have us hitting the ground running and starting as though we mean business is it?

I'm all for keeping information indoors the Liverpool way but by now we should have had at least 3-4 new faces in working with Jürgen and familiarising with their new surroundings,

Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance,  looks like we've failed on this count, and dare I say seriously damaged our chances of keeping up with the Jones's, Conte's, Maureen's,  Wenger's et al.

No one knows for sure what's happening or happened behind the scenes but I think it's safe to say it's not how Jürgen would have wanted to prepare,

My question is WHY is it taking so long to acquire new faces, we have the collateral apparently, so no reason we cannot bring in new players?

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #180: Jul 12, 2017 04:38:48 pm
      4 weeks until the seasons opener and we're still f***in about every other team has recruited new players and preparing for the new campaign, but not us. Now I've been as patient as I can get but I'm starting to question if there's any f***in money at all,  this not the Klopp way of prepping for a challenge on all fronts,

He last season wanted new faces in for pre-season so why is it being left this late this season,
      If selling clubs are dragging their feet we should at least let it be known we're interested in other parties,

I mean even sly sources have f**k all to shout about, not even a bullshit rumour or two,  it's a f***in sad day when your Shitty neighbours out buy you in a transfer window,

This was supposed to be the THE season we step up in recruiting quality and spend the kind of money that can take us closer to no19, yet with 1 month to go and we have signed one decent player and a young untried future prospect,
      Hardly the kind of preparation required to have us hitting the ground running and starting as though we mean business is it?

I'm all for keeping information indoors the Liverpool way but by now we should have had at least 3-4 new faces in working with Jürgen and familiarising with their new surroundings,

Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance,  looks like we've failed on this count, and dare I say seriously damaged our chances of keeping up with the Jones's, Conte's, Maureen's,  Wenger's et al.

No one knows for sure what's happening or happened behind the scenes but I think it's safe to say it's not how Jürgen would have wanted to prepare,

My question is WHY is it taking so long to acquire new faces, we have the collateral apparently, so no reason we cannot bring in new players?

YNWA

All good points billy....in fact Jürgen had already said most of the business had been done, meaning they'd identified who they wanted, so all that was left was the negotiation and closing the deal. Surprise, we can't close a deal. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #181: Jul 12, 2017 04:53:12 pm
      All good points billy....in fact Jürgen had already said most of the business had been done, meaning they'd identified who they wanted, so all that was left was the negotiation and closing the deal. Surprise, we can't close a deal. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Frustrating the sh*t out of me FL, there's not even a whiff, anywhere, Klopp must have employed the KGB to keep things under wraps,
      For all we know we could see Keita, Aubameyang, VVD all arrive on Friday, but then again we might end up with, Barclay, Peter Crouch and that tw*t Johnny Evans,

AAAAARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!  Doing my Fookin head in it is!!

f***in SIGN SOMEBODY FFS!!!!!

YNWA
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #182: Jul 12, 2017 05:25:10 pm
      I have to admit I'm getting a bit tetchy myself, my usual optimism is waning.

The problem I have is will we even panic buy? Jürgen's already said he won't sign players for the sake of it so if our targets won't be available till winter does that mean we wait till then or even worse, as is reported in the case of Keita, next summer.

I mean there's such a thing as playing the long game but F**k me, don't take the piss.

If our targets aren't available it will be because the owners aren't prepared to do what's necessary to make them available.
      Pogna wasn't available last season until the Scum coughed up the dough.
      If we only have a limited amount of target then Koop and our Scouts need to spend a bit more time searching for them.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #183: Jul 12, 2017 06:12:57 pm

Said it on the other thread - we've got enough issues to deal with in getting the first team right let alone plundering the market further to strengthen the squad from the bench. Mignolet for starters is just a poor keeper full stop. Lovren hasn't proved himself to be anything but a top half/Europa League type defender. Clyne had a very poor season. Milner, did his best, but his limits as you well noted Luke were gradually exposed over the course of the season. Can had a good last month of the season but was that enough to make up for a truly awful 8 months previous? Sturridge is completely unreliable and it is jarring to note just how tough it is to get him playing just 50% of matches a season. Divock has talent but his mentality and posture at times looks so utterly pitiful that it just makes you wonder how fragile his mentality is. Beyond Matip, Coutinho, Mane, Firmino, Lallana and Henderson (as well as Gini possibly - consistency is the key there for him) our squad looks so poor.  Those are 6/7 players who represent a really solid core that has speed, technicality, intelligence and work rate. Beyond them the squad looks utterly trite. I don't like the majority of this team and quite frankly there are some players in this squad who were freeloading off the back of the good work done by Mane, Coutinho etc from last season. We so nearly ended last season in a completely disastrous situation. The idea of not getting CL football while we didn't have to contend with continental football or much of the FA Cup would have been horrifying. 

Quick Reply