Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 293302 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1058: Aug 10, 2017 12:39:01 pm
      Tells me that they are holding out for more money

Yep!... That they can get more from Barca, and if PSG enters the fray it is a bidding war

Apologize for what?... For expecting Greed owners to do what greed owners do...?  Please!

What would it take for you to actually respect or like the owners, would they have to speak arabic and be buying Neymar for £200 million?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1059: Aug 10, 2017 12:42:35 pm
      I reckon they might best hold off till the window closes fella or at least until they've seen FSG blow off the next bid which will no doubt be up near the £120 million mark. This will only be over once that transfer window shuts. In the meant time it would be frickin nice if we could sign a player or two and get Emre signed while we're at it.

Well I'll not argue with that, we all want more signings but the amount of nonsense spoken about the owners who have finally opened the purse strings and tried their hardest to sign top players is just getting on my nerves now.
      i still think we'll get VVD because it would be batshit crazy if it now doesn't happen and I also have a slight feeling that the Keita deal might not be completely dead yet, but if it is then there could well be another big midfield signing.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #1060: Aug 10, 2017 01:04:30 pm
      When the Coutinho transfer topic is more active than any other rumoured incoming player topic....  :mad: :mad:
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #1061: Aug 10, 2017 01:22:08 pm
      No one wants to see Phil leave, but if he wants to, i think we should take the Suarez stance... 1 more season and play like a man possessed and we will let you go.

As long as Barca offer at least £150mil not shitty euros!! pay up or take yourself off BARCA!!!! :rasp:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1062: Aug 10, 2017 01:50:57 pm
      but if we were first to enquire about keita which launched the whole charade then of course nobody else will bother, they've all seen what we went through with RBL. i think barca are serious, that's why they'll keep bidding even though we keep saying we wont sell...

What are you on about? This isn't F***ing finders keepers, just because we made a bid doesn't mean no one else can. And you've went from saying 'We would have him if the owners were serious' to saying that RBL put us through a debacle to such an extent that all other clubs have been put off bidding... All over the place.

Keita was not for sale. He was not sold. Phil is not for sale. He will not be sold. He F***ing better not be anyway.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1063: Aug 10, 2017 01:54:58 pm

Yep!... That they can get more from Barca, and if PSG enters the fray it is a bidding war

Bollocks, the first bid took 45 minutes to reject, there was probably e-mails, calls etc between Klopp, Edwards, Henry, Warner et all, it returned a unanimous No.

Klopp then came out and said Coutinho is not for sale.

Next bid comes in, rejected immediately, no Communications between any one with a little message to Barca 'We consider the matter closed'

If anything it points to FSG backing the manager.

I'm no cheerleader for them and they do have their faults but i'm not going to invent more faults by plucking them out of my arse, no wonder half of you are like a woman with pms/pmt. :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1064: Aug 10, 2017 02:09:27 pm
      Bollocks, the first bid took 45 minutes to reject, there was probably e-mails, calls etc between Klopp, Edwards, Henry, Warner et all, it returned a unanimous No.

Klopp then came out and said Coutinho is not for sale.

Next bid comes in, rejected immediately, no Communications between any one with a little message to Barca 'We consider the matter closed'

If anything it points to FSG backing the manager.

I'm no cheerleader for them and they do have their faults but i'm not going to invent more faults by plucking them out of my arse, no wonder half of you are like a woman with pms/pmt. :D

Mike Gordon runs LFC for FSG now, and has done for a couple of years.
      Henry took over more running of the Red Sox, Gordon bought more equity in LFC.

So we now have Gordon and Werner being the FSG people on the board (I think Gordon has the largest stake), Edwards negotiating for the club, and Klopp and his team identifying players, with input from old TC analysts, and Klopp saying yea or nay on players.

Not that it matters.
      More for info in case anyone is interested.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1065: Aug 10, 2017 02:10:23 pm
      No one wants to see Phil leave, but if he wants to, i think we should take the Suarez stance... 1 more season and play like a man possessed and we will let you go.

As long as Barca offer at least £150mil not shitty euros!! pay up or take yourself off BARCA!!!! :rasp:
      he's not for sale. Klopp said so, now shut up with this 150m crap.  He's not even for sale at 200m.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1066: Aug 10, 2017 02:12:27 pm

Apologize for what?... For expecting Greed owners to do what greed owners do...?  Please!
      can you shut your mouth trying to spread your paranoid rhetoric around. Get your straight jacket and tin hat then f**k off.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1067: Aug 10, 2017 02:17:18 pm
      he's not for sale. Klopp said so, now shut up with this 150m crap.  He's not even for sale at 200m.

can you shut your mouth trying to spread your paranoid rhetoric around. Get your straight jacket and tin hat then f**k off.

f***in hell, people giving Rib posting advice yesterday has unleashed a monster  :laugh:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1068: Aug 10, 2017 02:18:26 pm
      F**kin hell, people giving Rib posting advice yesterday has unleashed a monster  :laugh:

Same level of transformation as Moreno ;-)
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1069: Aug 10, 2017 02:37:03 pm
      She used to DM me on twitter mate, ask Shabs.

You stud you..... ;) ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1070: Aug 10, 2017 02:41:12 pm

Press stud that's about it, i'm hen pecked :D
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1071: Aug 10, 2017 02:46:40 pm
      I wonder if the posters who have been slamming the owners over the past few days are going to offer an apology?

Ill tell you when I will apologise and be up their arse like you is when I see proper investment in the playing squad window after window.

I said before I hope I am proved wrong about Coutinho this window and until it closes I will remain with my view.

You trust them implicitly I do not lets agree to disagree.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1072: Aug 10, 2017 02:54:12 pm
      Ill tell you when I will apologise and be up their arse like you is when I see proper investment in the playing squad window after window.

I said before I hope I am proved wrong about Coutinho this window and until it closes I will remain with my view.

You trust them implicitly I do not lets agree to disagree.

So you're very much a glass half empty, trust no one type of chap then? How's that working out for you in general?

You see I prefer to be positive, it makes life so much easier. Sure I get dissapointed just like everyone else when things don't work out but until then I'm in a good mood rather than grumbling, bitching and moaning about everything.

but as you say lets agree to disagree.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1073: Aug 10, 2017 03:04:15 pm
      So you're very much a glass half empty, trust no one type of chap then? How's that working out for you in general?

You see I prefer to be positive, it makes life so much easier. Sure I get dissapointed just like everyone else when things don't work out but until then I'm in a good mood rather than grumbling, bitching and moaning about everything.

What a condescending pr**k you really are.

I was referring to my view of the owners I don't trust them that much is clear but you try and be all high and mighty about life in general...'hey everyone look at me I float around without a care in the world'.........what a w**ker.

I don't comment on peoples personal life, I don't know them so wont generalise as 'those' people that don't bounce on the wind may have good reason too so chat about football or put me on ignore and F**k off.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1074: Aug 10, 2017 03:09:39 pm

I'm a pessimist by nature, but it doesn't affect my mood much, it just means I'm more realistic and better prepared to handle disappointment. If anything, as opposed to putting me in a bad mood all the time, by preparing for the worst, I have more time and energy to enjoy everything else going on around me. Maybe you should give it a try.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1075: Aug 10, 2017 03:15:03 pm
      What a condescending pr**k you really are.

I was referring to my view of the owners I don't trust them that much is clear but you try and be all high and mighty about life in general...'hey everyone look at me I float around without a care in the world'.........what a w**ker.

I don't comment on peoples personal life, I don't know them so wont generalise as 'those' people that don't bounce on the wind may have good reason too so chat about football or put me on ignore and f**k off.

Oops, did I touch a nerve there SM?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1076: Aug 10, 2017 03:16:20 pm
      I'm a pessimist by nature, but it doesn't affect my mood much, it just means I'm more realistic and better prepared to handle disappointment. If anything, as opposed to putting me in a bad mood all the time, by preparing for the worst, I have more time and energy to enjoy everything else going on around me. Maybe you should give it a try.

hang on are you advocating that I just try to be more pessimistic, well its a kind of life coaching/advice I suppose ;D ;-)
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1077: Aug 10, 2017 03:21:06 pm
      Oops, did I touch a nerve there SM?

No mate you didn't I just fancied calling you out for what you are that's all.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1078: Aug 10, 2017 03:26:28 pm
      The best thing about this is the majority of Mancs are convinced we'll lose him and add no further signings and ultimately have a sh*t season where they surpass us and go on to win the league as Mourinho does in his 2nd season..

Going to be a fun season.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1079: Aug 10, 2017 03:41:01 pm
      https://twitter.com/BVB/status/895624429522366465

Translates as (forgive me, my German isn't that good):"Ousmane Dembele was not present at today's training. We tried to reach him, but couldn't. We hope nothing bad happened to him." (Official Dortmund Twitter)

So... Did he skip training to force a transfer to Barcelona? According to L'Équipe (for what it's worth) he's on a plane to Barcelona.
      « Last Edit: Aug 10, 2017 03:48:11 pm by Danzel »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1080: Aug 10, 2017 03:42:37 pm
      No mate you didn't I just fancied calling you out for what you are that's all.

hmmmm, yeah I touched a nerve I think, anyway apologies if I did, I didn't mean to upset you.

Quick Reply