Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 294290 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1081: Aug 10, 2017 03:47:47 pm
      What a condescending pr**k you really are.

I was referring to my view of the owners I don't trust them that much is clear but you try and be all high and mighty about life in general...'hey everyone look at me I float around without a care in the world'.........what a w**ker.

I don't comment on peoples personal life, I don't know them so wont generalise as 'those' people that don't bounce on the wind may have good reason too so chat about football or put me on ignore and F**k off.

Get him on ignore mate, very subtle wum at best, F***ing idiot at the other end of the scale.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1082: Aug 10, 2017 04:10:21 pm
      Get him on ignore mate, very subtle wum at best, f**king idiot at the other end of the scale.

hey hey there's my number 1 fan again, I knew it wouldn't take long before he came skulking into yet another discussion which has absolutely nothing to do with him. The really fun part is that he won't see my post unless someone else quotes it, well that's what he claims anyway, has me on ignore, my arse, he's addicted!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #1083: Aug 10, 2017 04:31:24 pm
      Get a f**king grip you tart.

He is NOT for sale.

Klopp outlines reasons Coutinho WON'T be sold to Barcelona

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/coutinho-barcelona-transfer-liverpool-klopp-13458292#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

And when the transfer window shuts and Phil's still here you should be man enough to admit you were wrong.

When you do just don't end the sentence with 'please!', it's unbecoming.

We can only HOPE we will keep Coutinho
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #1084: Aug 10, 2017 04:31:51 pm
      Klopp: There's 'no price' that will make Liverpool surrender Coutinho
      https://www.thescore.com/news/1347903
      (via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #1085: Aug 10, 2017 04:52:39 pm
      F**kin hell, people giving Rib posting advice yesterday has unleashed a monster  :laugh:

Do you think Klopp and team plan to go into the season with this squad, giving an opportunity to some younger players to step up as a 2nd group, or would you guess they are considering any other incoming moves for this window?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #1086: Aug 10, 2017 04:56:47 pm
      Perhaps £90 million plus the return of Suarez, as part exchange, might be worth considering !!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1087: Aug 10, 2017 05:09:58 pm
      Perhaps £90 million plus the return of Suarez, as part exchange, might be worth considering !!

Think about how many player swaps you actually see in any transfer window in high level footy?

Doesn't happen.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1088: Aug 10, 2017 05:17:58 pm
      Think about how many player swaps you actually see in any transfer window in high level footy?

Doesn't happen.

The only one of any real note that I can think of is when Barca paid about 49mill +Eto'o for Ibra...then binned him off a year later.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1089: Aug 10, 2017 06:04:22 pm
      The only one of any real note that I can think of is when Barca paid about 49mill +Eto'o for Ibra...then binned him off a year later.

Chelsea buying Ashley Cole for 6 million plus William Gallas back in 2006 is another one that comes to mind.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #1090: Aug 10, 2017 06:19:57 pm

→ Reply #1111 : Today at 05:09:58 pm »

Quote (selected)

Quote from David Wright on Today at 04:56:47 pmPerhaps £90 million plus the return of Suarez, as part exchange, might be worth considering !!Think about how many player swaps you actually see in any transfer window in high level footy?Doesn't happen.

It was obviously tongue in cheek.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,290 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1091: Aug 10, 2017 06:26:38 pm
      The best thing about this is the majority of Mancs are convinced we'll lose him and add no further signings and ultimately have a sh*t season where they surpass us and go on to win the league as Mourinho does in his 2nd season..

Going to be a fun season.

Until today Daz I was always of the opinion you'd keep him one more season and then he'll be gone. However, after reading what klopp  said on Sky sports it sounds like it's just a question of what you milk Barcelona for. It will be a bad day for you and the fans. He's impossible to replace for me as he's your star player.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #1092: Aug 10, 2017 06:30:03 pm
      Unfortunately true.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1093: Aug 10, 2017 06:35:44 pm
      Do you think Klopp and team plan to go into the season with this squad, giving an opportunity to some younger players to step up as a 2nd group, or would you guess they are considering any other incoming moves for this window?

I'd guess (and it's only a guess) that he has other targets, but for Klopp, they have to be a significant upgrade on the players he already has, plus they'd have to be coachable, and have the right attitude, which IMO means young, hungry players on the verge of a big break through, or for a significant upgrade defensively, such as VvD as we've seen.

He'll always give younger players a chance though (academy or U23), and he has now streamlined the path from academy to training with the first team, so hopefully we'll see more talent coming through.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1094: Aug 10, 2017 06:38:08 pm
      Until today Daz I was always of the opinion you'd keep him one more season and then he'll be gone. However, after reading what klopp  said on Sky sports it sounds like it's just a question of what you milk Barcelona for. It will be a bad day for you and the fans. He's impossible to replace for me as he's your star player.

What did he say on sly sports?

Edit: this is all I can find, and it really doesn't sound the way you're reading it to me.
      Jürgen Klopp insists Liverpool are under no pressure to sell Philippe Coutinho and considers the midfielder priceless to the club.

Sky Sports News understands Liverpool rejected a second bid from Barcelona for the Brazil international on Wednesday, with the Spanish club's latest offer worth up to £90.4m.

Coutinho pledged his future to Liverpool in January by signing a new five-and-a-half-year contract, with the deal including no release clause.
      Sky Sports News understands the 25-year has since indicated he would like to move to the Nou Camp if a deal can be done amicably with Liverpool.

Sky Sports News understands Barcelona are prepared to pay up to £110m for Coutinho and pundit Guillem Balague believes the Catalan side will continue their pursuit.

"They will try to come back because they've put a lot of effort into this one" Said Balague.

"They think they have a chance and that chance is that the player wants to go to Barcelona, but is seems like that will not be enough"

But, in an exclusive interview with Sky Germany, Klopp said: "Liverpool is not a club that has to sell players. That is set in stone. So what they pay in the end doesn't matter.
      "From a financial standpoint, there is no price limit to let him go. No price at which we are ready to give in.

"Our goal is to have the best possible team. So we want to keep our guys and add new ones. That is our plan."

Coutinho enjoyed a superb 2016/17 campaign, scoring 13 times and providing seven assists in 31 Premier League appearances as Liverpool finished fourth and secured Champions League qualification.
      The Liverpool manager added: "Today, no player on the planet is untouchable. But a transfer is also a question of timing and if you have the opportunity and the need to react to such a transfer.

"Also you have to ask, if you have the time to react. But just because of one request of one club, we don't have to think about that. We are not in that situation."
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10982010/Jürgen-klopp-insists-philippe-coutinho-is-priceless-to-liverpool
      « Last Edit: Aug 10, 2017 06:43:23 pm by Swab »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1095: Aug 10, 2017 07:01:15 pm
      Don't need Suarez as much as Coutinho, we have good enough going forward. We need to keep Strength in midfield. Swap deal? no thanks.
      Coutinho 25 Suarez 30. Who's going to be the best in two years?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,290 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1096: Aug 10, 2017 07:01:21 pm
      What did he say on sly sports?

Edit: this is all I can find, and it really doesn't sound the way you're reading it to me.http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10982010/Jürgen-klopp-insists-philippe-coutinho-is-priceless-to-liverpool

That is not the one I read swabs. If/when it comes on again will copy & paste what was said.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1097: Aug 10, 2017 07:05:32 pm
      That is not the one I read swabs. If/when it comes on again will copy & paste what was said.

What was said has been plastered all over twitter and the usual forums. Klopp has said nothing to infer that Coutinho is leaving. Quite the contrary, his statements have all pointed to Phil not leaving this summer and maybe not next either. Unless you can come up with whatever quotes you are talking about. Klopp gave an interview to SkySports Germany, that's where all of the recent soundbites have come from.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1098: Aug 10, 2017 07:09:45 pm
      Not being funny, but it was only a week ago you said united would sign VVD  :roll:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,290 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1099: Aug 10, 2017 07:18:59 pm
      Not being funny, but it was only a week ago you said united would sign VVD  :roll:

It wasn't long ago you said Ajax would win the Europa Cup, we all get it wrong at times.  ;D I still believe VVD will join Liverpool so not wrong on that one yet!  :D

This is what I read on sky sports.
      From a financial standpoint, there is no price limit to let him go. A price, at that we are ready to give in.

My bad, I read it like there in no price limit to let him go at a price that we are ready to give in.

My apologies guys.  :couch:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1100: Aug 10, 2017 07:23:49 pm
      It wasn't long ago you said Ajax would win the Europa Cup, we all get it wrong at times.  ;D I still believe VVD will join Liverpool so not wrong on that one yet!  :D

This is what I read on sky sports.
      From a financial standpoint, there is no price limit to let him go. A price, at that we are ready to give in.

My bad, I read it like there in no price limit to let him go at a price that we are ready to give in.

My apologies guys.  :couch:
      To be honest, about Ajax, I said Ajax from the start so I was not far off as they got runners up. About Barca, it means if they bid 200m+ it will make no difference.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #1101: Aug 10, 2017 07:28:08 pm
      What was said has been plastered all over twitter and the usual forums. Klopp has said nothing to infer that Coutinho is leaving. Quite the contrary, his statements have all pointed to Phil not leaving this summer and maybe not next either. Unless you can come up with whatever quotes you are talking about. Klopp gave an interview to SkySports Germany, that's where all of the recent soundbites have come from.

This is the bit everyone is latching onto: 

“Today no player on the planet is untouchable. But a transfer is also a question of timing and if you have the opportunity and the need to react to such a transfer,” said Klopp.

But he quickly dismissed that Coutinho was going anywhere, because Barca won't pay the crazy amount of money it will take to convince us to sell. 
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1102: Aug 10, 2017 07:30:12 pm
      This is the bit everyone is latching onto: 

“Today no player on the planet is untouchable. But a transfer is also a question of timing and if you have the opportunity and the need to react to such a transfer,” said Klopp.

But he quickly dismissed that Coutinho was going anywhere, because Barca won't pay the crazy amount of money it will take to convince us to sell.
      What Klopp said there means nothing, it makes no sense.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1103: Aug 10, 2017 07:44:24 pm
      What Klopp said there means nothing, it makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense. No player is untouchable (Neymar). But the timing (Coutinho) has to be right or no amount of money matters. In other words, with Phil, we have neither the desire OR the time to replace him at this point in time. Maybe at some other point in time a huge offer could see us change our minds but not right now.

Quick Reply