Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 291046 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4418 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1564: Aug 11, 2017 11:00:54 pm
      Mate, serious question and I am not after an argument.

What,  or who,  is the rest of the brigade?

It's the constant FSG have somehow contrived to set up this situation where they are relieved of the barrage that would come their way.

The paranoia is so intense that even channel 4 would not commission a show!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1565: Aug 11, 2017 11:06:16 pm
      The paranoia is so intense that even channel 4 would not commission a show

Make for a good Joe Rogan podcast :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1566: Aug 11, 2017 11:17:45 pm
      Make for a good Joe Rogan podcast :D

Some people are closing in on Eddie Bravo status.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1567: Aug 11, 2017 11:19:15 pm
      If you don't think the owners give a F**k then why have they pulled numerous 'PR stunts'. If they don't care then why both with these 'stunts'
      I dont know; because they're just plagued with bad luck? 😂😂😂

No...no.. joking aside - they do it because it benefits them to keep fucktards quiet. Yes, that's it, like all good snake-oil - if fuckwits keep buying it; they'll keep peddling it. 🤠💸💸🤠

I rest easy tho because the penny is dropping with everyone but 'The International Brigade'...🙉🙈🙊🙄
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1568: Aug 11, 2017 11:21:10 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1569: Aug 11, 2017 11:24:20 pm
      Some people are closing in on Eddie Bravo status.

Ha ha Love Eddie Bravo, he's off his tits, makes a good podcast better when he's on.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1570: Aug 11, 2017 11:25:57 pm
      You certainly are unbelievable.

What will you and the rest of the brigade do if Coutinho is still here after the window closes?

Same as you if he's not. 😂

Nah mate, strike that, I won't be sucking John Henry's cock -  I'll  be supporting the football team. 🙄

Just to be clear: I have no F***ing loyalty to FSG just LFC.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1571: Aug 11, 2017 11:26:51 pm
      I dont know; because they're just plagued with bad luck? 😂😂😂

No...no.. joking aside - they do it because it benefits them to keep fucktards quiet. Yes, that's it, like all good snake-oil - if fuckwits keep buying it; they'll keep peddling it. 🤠💸💸🤠

I rest easy tho because the penny is dropping with everyone but 'The International Brigade'...🙉🙈🙊🙄

Who and what is the 'International Brigade'?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4418 
      Reply #1572: Aug 11, 2017 11:33:36 pm
      Same as you if he's not. 😂

Nah mate, strike that, I won't be sucking John Henry's cock -  I'll  be supporting the football team. 🙄

Just to be clear: I have no f**king loyalty to FSG just LFC.

I think you will find the majority on here love LFC and not any particular player, well I hope they do.

So can't really understand the stance where Klopp and FSG have stated what they have and yet people are still calling that as BS.

Sure of course Klopp may have been bought by FSG, I'm not convinced yet.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1573: Aug 11, 2017 11:36:20 pm
      JĂźrgen Klopp on why Liverpool can't afford to sell wantaway Philippe Coutinho this summer

Reds boss believes he cannot put a price on Brazilian because it's too late to replace him

Jürgen Klopp says it’s impossible to put a price on Philippe Coutinho because it’s too late in the window to try to replace him.

The Brazil international submitted a transfer request on Friday in a bid to force through a move to Barcelona but it was instantly rejected,

Liverpool turned down a second bid of ÂŁ90million from the La Liga outfit earlier this week and owners Fenway Sports Group remain adamant that Coutinho will be staying put.

Klopp lost a number of key players to rival clubs during his reign at Borussia Dortmund but he says that sanctioning deals like that for wantaway stars is all about timing.

“I had to sell a lot of players in my managerial career,” Klopp said.

“Some had clauses, some had no clauses. We had the (Robert) Lewandowski thing and that was difficult when he went to Bayern on a free transfer. A lot of different things.

“The only thing I can say about this is that in life everything is about timing – whichever club asks early enough.

“It’s like how we try to do it. If we ask early enough, we try to do it. If you ask early enough, you can either switch the plan of whatever. But you cannot come up, close to the start of the season and things like this.

“It’s like I said: the club is bigger than anybody. That is the most important thing. It’s about doing it in the right moment. It’s how we do it when we want to bring players in.

“Most of the other clubs won’t come to us and say ‘by the way, we have a good player, do you want to buy him?’

“It is about timing. That is how I understand it. And that is all I have to say. Maybe everybody has a price – in the right moment. In the wrong moment? No price.”

The owners issued a statement on Friday morning insisting that “no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes”.

Their position is unchanged in the wake of the transfer request which was sent by Coutinho via email to sporting director Michael Edwards

Coutinho and his agent Kia Joorabchian have been made aware of the owners’ resolve to retain his services throughout the summer. Liverpool are disappointed that Coutinho is agitating for a move despite the player having been told face to face by the owners that any such request wouldn’t be entertained.

The club’s expectation is that Coutinho will act professionally and won’t let either his team-mates or the supporters down.

Coutinho reported to Melwood as usual on Friday morning but didn’t travel with the squad to Watford ahead of Saturday’s game at Vicarage Road due to a back problem.

Speaking before the transfer request went in, Klopp had played down the prospect of Coutinho really pushing for a move.

“I have known him for 20 months and that’s the only thing I can say about this,” he said.

“If he would be fit and not in the squad, then maybe we could talk about it. But he is not fit.

“Everything is not like it should be but it is a normal situation apart from a few things flying around.

“The player is not in team training. I don’t go to the medical department every day and ask things like that.

“Nobody comes to me every day and says ‘Oh my God! Phil!’ We speak about the injury. That is all.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-klopp-coutinho-barcelona-transfer-13466808
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #1574: Aug 11, 2017 11:37:15 pm

If true, this is really disappointing from him. He didn't look as that kind of guy.
      Proves that modern players (except the few "abnormalities" like Stevie or Totti) are mercenaries.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4418 
      Reply #1575: Aug 11, 2017 11:39:47 pm

Suggests the Neymar transfer changed everything.

We all know Barca have wanted Couts but probably next year but the loss of Neymar has accelerated their desire to placate the fans and obviously forgetting the fact that without the Neymar money they couldn't afford Coutinho.

Hence I can imagine it's been a now or never offer to Coutinho, something which has been airing in social media.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1576: Aug 11, 2017 11:39:54 pm
      F**k but you can't be that daft wee man... the fans of FSG. Or the main protagonists if you prefer - you, AZed, Pricilla Queen of the Desert, Wab and a few other assorted baseball fans. Like I said "International". 😄

No insult intended by the way. 😒😊

Keep buying that snake oil. 👍

In the meantime... I will repeat for the 4th or 5th time... I believe JĂźrgen. 😎

Probably should add Crouch maybe you should call him "King of the Dingo's"
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1577: Aug 11, 2017 11:41:43 pm
      Who and what is the 'International Brigade'?
      Ignore it kid... I'm  just agitated. Way off to cool down. 😎
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1578: Aug 11, 2017 11:42:59 pm
      Probably should add Crouch maybe you should call him "King of the Dingo's"
      I did ... he's Pricilla 😁 but like i said above: ignore me, I'm in bad form. I've deleted it. Sorry if it offended.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1579: Aug 11, 2017 11:44:24 pm
      JĂźrgen Klopp on why Liverpool can't afford to sell wantaway Philippe Coutinho this summer

Reds boss believes he cannot put a price on Brazilian because it's too late to replace him

Jürgen Klopp says it’s impossible to put a price on Philippe Coutinho because it’s too late in the window to try to replace him.

The Brazil international submitted a transfer request on Friday in a bid to force through a move to Barcelona but it was instantly rejected,

Liverpool turned down a second bid of ÂŁ90million from the La Liga outfit earlier this week and owners Fenway Sports Group remain adamant that Coutinho will be staying put.

Klopp lost a number of key players to rival clubs during his reign at Borussia Dortmund but he says that sanctioning deals like that for wantaway stars is all about timing.

“I had to sell a lot of players in my managerial career,” Klopp said.

“Some had clauses, some had no clauses. We had the (Robert) Lewandowski thing and that was difficult when he went to Bayern on a free transfer. A lot of different things.

“The only thing I can say about this is that in life everything is about timing – whichever club asks early enough.

“It’s like how we try to do it. If we ask early enough, we try to do it. If you ask early enough, you can either switch the plan of whatever. But you cannot come up, close to the start of the season and things like this.

“It’s like I said: the club is bigger than anybody. That is the most important thing. It’s about doing it in the right moment. It’s how we do it when we want to bring players in.

“Most of the other clubs won’t come to us and say ‘by the way, we have a good player, do you want to buy him?’

“It is about timing. That is how I understand it. And that is all I have to say. Maybe everybody has a price – in the right moment. In the wrong moment? No price.”

The owners issued a statement on Friday morning insisting that “no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes”.

Their position is unchanged in the wake of the transfer request which was sent by Coutinho via email to sporting director Michael Edwards

Coutinho and his agent Kia Joorabchian have been made aware of the owners’ resolve to retain his services throughout the summer. Liverpool are disappointed that Coutinho is agitating for a move despite the player having been told face to face by the owners that any such request wouldn’t be entertained.

The club’s expectation is that Coutinho will act professionally and won’t let either his team-mates or the supporters down.

Coutinho reported to Melwood as usual on Friday morning but didn’t travel with the squad to Watford ahead of Saturday’s game at Vicarage Road due to a back problem.

Speaking before the transfer request went in, Klopp had played down the prospect of Coutinho really pushing for a move.

“I have known him for 20 months and that’s the only thing I can say about this,” he said.

“If he would be fit and not in the squad, then maybe we could talk about it. But he is not fit.

“Everything is not like it should be but it is a normal situation apart from a few things flying around.

“The player is not in team training. I don’t go to the medical department every day and ask things like that.

“Nobody comes to me every day and says ‘Oh my God! Phil!’ We speak about the injury. That is all.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-klopp-coutinho-barcelona-transfer-13466808

Absolutely fuming in my opinion. JĂźrgen has that nice blend of lovable rogue to absolute psycho, one minute laughing his head off and the next ready to rip your throat out.

Wont be an easy road back for Cou because I don't think we'll sell him and he will want to play with it being a world cup year, no matter what his pr**k of an agent is releasing to the press. Going to be interesting to watch the dynamic between the two of them.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #1580: Aug 11, 2017 11:46:04 pm
      One aspect could be miscommunication. C. cannot speak English very well. So nobody on the club probably ever had a deeper conversation with him to get to really know him. I imagine it like:

Early 2017

Klopp: You wanna extend the contract, we love you, man.
      C: Yes, mucho I like it.

Last weeks

Klopp: Any intent to go to Barca, there are rumors.
      C: No, no, no tumors, all mucho great, boss. Pero Barcelona mio sueno (But Barca is my dream club).
      Klopp: Cool, yeah, my sueno is fine too, I love my son, you know.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1581: Aug 11, 2017 11:46:12 pm
      I did ... he's Pricilla 😁 but like i said above: ignore me, I'm in bad form. I've deleted it. Sorry if it offended.

Doesn't bother me...Mag's, Crouch, HsC, Swab.

Good company that.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1582: Aug 11, 2017 11:49:47 pm
      Ain't that the truth... 🙉🙈🙊
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1583: Aug 11, 2017 11:49:49 pm
      Agree Luke looks like he will get a very cold shoulder from JĂźrgen  based on that statement it won't be an easy road back.

The timing is what really gets me and it shows a complete lack of integrity from Coutinho.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1584: Aug 11, 2017 11:51:48 pm
      Is his agent that Kia bloke with a long surname?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1585: Aug 11, 2017 11:52:59 pm
      One aspect could be miscommunication. C. cannot speak English very well. So nobody on the club probably ever had a deeper conversation with him to get to really know him. I imagine it like:

Early 2017

Klopp: You wanna extend the contract, we love you, man.
      C: Yes, mucho I like it.

Last weeks

Klopp: Any intent to go to Barca, there are rumors.
      C: No, no, no tumors, all mucho great, boss. Pero Barcelona mio sueno (But Barca is my dream club).
      Klopp: Cool, yeah, my sueno is fine too, I love my son, you know.

At least you're not calling him a little queer now.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1586: Aug 11, 2017 11:53:28 pm
      Nothing a big hug can't cure: right?

Quick Reply