Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 288695 times
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,828 posts | 475 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2139: Aug 17, 2017 03:29:44 pm
      Suarez feigning injury to force a move to LFC?

You sir win best post of the day!!! Made me laugh, thanks for that!!

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2140: Aug 17, 2017 03:30:43 pm
      Navis if I remember right, injured Suarez back of knee.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #2141: Aug 17, 2017 03:38:50 pm
      https://twitter.com/YahooSportUK/status/898145285129588736

This, perhaps, is why Jürgen wants to sell Coutinho.

I'd be all over this personally. Brilliant player.

If we sold Cou and got Draxler + VvD I'd still say this window had been decent, sell Cou and get Keita/Draxler/VvD, I'd be over the moon.

Correct me if I am wrong, but he is the mercenary types, isnt he? Weren't we in for him in January? And,he chose PSG over us?

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2142: Aug 17, 2017 03:44:39 pm
      Correct me if I am wrong, but he is the mercenary types, isnt he? Weren't we in for him in January? And,he chose PSG over us?

I am slowly coming to the realisation that 99% of players are mercenaries
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #2143: Aug 17, 2017 03:45:53 pm
      Can't see FSG bidding for an available player ;D we only seem to bid for ones that are not available.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #2144: Aug 17, 2017 03:48:50 pm
      I am slowly coming to the realisation that 99% of players are mercenaries

Like the good Taliban and the bad Taliban, can we categorize them as good mercenary and bad mercenary? Players like Nasri, Ade, Owen fall under the bad mercenary. A good mercenary could be the Griezman type player.

Getting coat...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,983 posts | 3061 
      Reply #2145: Aug 17, 2017 03:50:34 pm
      Can't see FSG bidding for an available player ;D we only seem to bid for ones that are not available.

Yep we like the unattainable.

We don't sign them - hell we don't even talk to them!

We just keep a scrapbook with clippings of their pubes and toenails along with a very specific itinerary of their EVERY move........ :roll: :mad:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,357 posts | 6398 
      Reply #2146: Aug 17, 2017 03:51:57 pm
      James Pearce‏Verified account @JamesPearceEcho 17m17 minutes ago
      Replying to @GreekCule
      LFC won't sell him mate. Owners/manager adamant that whatever Barca come back with, whether it's £100m or £120m, it will be rejected.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2147: Aug 17, 2017 04:03:04 pm
      James Pearce‏Verified account @JamesPearceEcho 17m17 minutes ago
      Replying to @GreekCule
      LFC won't sell him mate. Owners/manager adamant that whatever Barca come back with, whether it's £100m or £120m, it will be rejected.
      I believe Pearce over any other journalist or newspaper.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,695 posts | 3935 
      Reply #2148: Aug 17, 2017 04:23:52 pm
      End of the day, he's under contract and Liverpool put him on the world stage. He's developed perfectly and he can't complain.

Time for him to knuckle down and help the team achieve success this season.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,956 posts | 5013 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2149: Aug 17, 2017 04:32:11 pm
      Nope, they speak an old version of Portugese, same as how the South Africans, Afrikans, speak a very old version of Dutch, almost like meeting someone speaking Elizabethan English, doth thee understandeth ;-)

Yeth I doeseth my mithus got a Brathilian wonth, thought ith wasth thantastic, ith meanth I couldth lick all the way roundth to her athole  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

You'll never walk aloneth
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,828 posts | 475 
      Reply #2150: Aug 17, 2017 04:32:48 pm
      End of the day, he's under contract and Liverpool put him on the world stage. He's developed perfectly and he can't complain.

Time for him to knuckle down and help the team achieve success this season.

Or kiss his chance to play first team for Brazil in 2018 WC

leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2151: Aug 17, 2017 04:41:07 pm
      Jürgen Klopp responds to Barcelona's Coutinho claims

Jürgen Klopp admits Philippe Coutinho situation is "difficult"

Jürgen Klopp says he has no idea why Barcelona general manager Pep Segura claims a deal for Philippe Coutinho is “close” and insists nothing has changed in Liverpool's stance over their Brazilian star.

The Barca chief gave a TV interview last night following his side's Super Cup defeat by Real Madrid and said “We are close to Coutinho and Dembele. We are discussing their deals but do not know when it will be done."

But at today's press conference to preview Saturday's visit of Crystal Palace, Reds bos Klopp said: “No reaction actually. I saw the game but forgot to watch the interviews afterwards so there's nothing to say from my side. I don't know why other people are saying what they are saying. I don't even know them.”

Asked if discussions were taking place between the clubs, as Segura claimed, Klopp added: “I'm not sure I have to answer this because we have already said what we have to say. Nothing new. No news from me and nobody has told me anything different since the last time we spoke.

He also suggested that reports from Spain that Coutinho was prepared to go on strike to force through a move were wide of the mark.

He added: “I can't say anything about his attitude because since he has had a back problem he hasn't been in training. But when I asked the medical department about him they said nothing bad.

“We are all not silly. It's a difficult situation but there's nothing new to say.

“I don't like to lie and it's exactly how I say it. Nothing else.”

Coutinho is ruled out of Saturday's first home match of the season but Daniel Sturridge good be fit to return.

“Daniel, yes, I would say,” added Klopp. “He was part of a complete session and looked really good but always after injuries you have to wait to see how a player reacts to this intensity.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Jürgen-klopp-responds-barcelonas-coutinho-13490538

It looks like hes going nowhere.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2152: Aug 17, 2017 04:44:33 pm
      Just to say - getting a central mid and a center back were never supposed to be contingent on on selling Phil or someone else.

Keita would be a #7 or more currently, a box-to-box midfielder, not a #6, not a #8. Keita would replace or displace Emre or Gini, not Phil.

Keita, who 99.9 percent for sure is NOT coming here.

I am so glad there are football games to watch again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #2153: Aug 17, 2017 04:44:40 pm
      Jürgen Klopp responds to Barcelona's Coutinho claims

Jürgen Klopp admits Philippe Coutinho situation is "difficult"

Jürgen Klopp says he has no idea why Barcelona general manager Pep Segura claims a deal for Philippe Coutinho is “close” and insists nothing has changed in Liverpool's stance over their Brazilian star.

The Barca chief gave a TV interview last night following his side's Super Cup defeat by Real Madrid and said “We are close to Coutinho and Dembele. We are discussing their deals but do not know when it will be done."

But at today's press conference to preview Saturday's visit of Crystal Palace, Reds bos Klopp said: “No reaction actually. I saw the game but forgot to watch the interviews afterwards so there's nothing to say from my side. I don't know why other people are saying what they are saying. I don't even know them.”

Asked if discussions were taking place between the clubs, as Segura claimed, Klopp added: “I'm not sure I have to answer this because we have already said what we have to say. Nothing new. No news from me and nobody has told me anything different since the last time we spoke.

He also suggested that reports from Spain that Coutinho was prepared to go on strike to force through a move were wide of the mark.

He added: “I can't say anything about his attitude because since he has had a back problem he hasn't been in training. But when I asked the medical department about him they said nothing bad.

“We are all not silly. It's a difficult situation but there's nothing new to say.

“I don't like to lie and it's exactly how I say it. Nothing else.”

Coutinho is ruled out of Saturday's first home match of the season but Daniel Sturridge good be fit to return.

“Daniel, yes, I would say,” added Klopp. “He was part of a complete session and looked really good but always after injuries you have to wait to see how a player reacts to this intensity.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Jürgen-klopp-responds-barcelonas-coutinho-13490538

It looks like hes going nowhere.

Or more likely it's a merry-go-round, we'll get shut of him to Barca, once we get the nod from Leipzig we can sign Keita.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2154: Aug 17, 2017 04:52:00 pm
      No attitude problem?! He handed a transfer request straight after a club statement and a day before the season started. I'd say he's got a pretty big attitude problem.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 536 
      Reply #2155: Aug 17, 2017 05:28:05 pm
      Heard the BBC on the radio saying Jürgen just said it wasn't easy to tell the 100% truth about Coutinho. The implication was it was about his injury. They even played a clip of him saying it.

So I thought, that's it, he must be going if Jürgen is letting it be known Coutinho's back injury is fake. Otherwise, why burn your bridges? However I just went to the video on the BBC website and, in context, Jürgen actually says " it's not always easy to tell the 100% truth, but in this case it's exactly how I say it". He is talking about Coutinho's attitude, and how the medical team had no complaints with it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40963379

Just an example of some of the sh*t stirring that is going on, including from supposedly less sensationalist sources.

[Edit -  It's an interesting snippet of his press conference that though. He mentions "different interests from different departments" as well. Is he talking about within the club? Not sure, but probably. He's very good with ambiguity is Jürgen. He gives you little hints of information but leaves you not sure exactly how to take them.]
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2017 05:45:28 pm by sore monad »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1667 
      Reply #2156: Aug 17, 2017 06:01:21 pm
       Not a problem with actually wanting a move but refusing to play is sh*te. I take it he wont be getting paid 🙈😭
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #2157: Aug 17, 2017 06:02:19 pm
      Actually the thing that has annoyed me the most since the news broke Coutinho wanted to leave, is that we haven't seen or heard anything directly from the player himself, not a single word. Has he been working with the medical staff the past two weeks? Has he been at Melwood? Has he been sulking at home doing nothing?

Something tells me he's a bit emberassed with how all this has gone down. As he should be, to be honest.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 536 
      Reply #2158: Aug 17, 2017 06:18:44 pm
      Actually the thing that has annoyed me the most since the news broke Coutinho wanted to leave, is that we haven't seen or heard anything directly from the player himself, not a single word. Has he been working with the medical staff the past two weeks? Has he been at Melwood? Has he been sulking at home doing nothing?

Something tells me he's a bit emberassed with how all this has gone down. As he should be, to be honest.

I'd rather he stayed away from the media to be honest. It's only going to wind people up. The more low profile he keeps, the more it keeps open the option to be here next season.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2159: Aug 17, 2017 06:30:58 pm
      On the Draxler rumours... always thought he was overrated personally.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2161: Aug 17, 2017 07:41:51 pm
      Can someone start a Draxler thread to keep this on topic please.

Quick Reply