Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 291531 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2507: Aug 22, 2017 11:48:54 am
      If Klopp mentions "like a new signing", I'll begin to lose a bit of faith in him....

What if one of our "new signings" scores the winner tomorrow evening?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2508: Aug 22, 2017 11:49:00 am
      :D

I'm sure they do.

Just how daft do they think we are...

No I can well imagine that it was Barca's idea, the question is what are we going to do about it, I say put in a bid for Iniesta, F**k with their minds give them an ultimatum etc. God how I wish clubs would start standing up to this bully club, so glad PSG pinched their best player from them, just hoping that Citeh will try to grab Messi as well, that would be so bloody funny.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2509: Aug 22, 2017 11:55:18 am
      What if one of our "new signings" scores the winner tomorrow evening?

So what if he does? That doesn't excuse the fact we've had another poor transfer window, or the fact Klopp is talking through his arse in order to cover that fact up.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2510: Aug 22, 2017 12:04:47 pm
      So what if he does? That doesn't excuse the fact we've had another poor transfer window, or the fact Klopp is talking through his arse in order to cover that fact up.
      Bit harsh but yeah, my point is that it's becoming a term used to placate fans for the lack of ACTUAL new signings.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2511: Aug 22, 2017 12:07:04 pm
      TAA is like a new signing though, he really is.
      No, what he really is, is a youngster that's come through.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2512: Aug 22, 2017 12:08:40 pm
      "He had to because he was told to by his representatives"
      Paraphrasing a bit, but am I missing something here?

Surely the whole point of having "representatives" is that they do what the player tells them, otherwise, they are not "representatives", they are in charge.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2513: Aug 22, 2017 12:08:54 pm
      Mane and Salah have come in to compliment him

OOoohh Phil your hair looks nice and I just love your new tattoo 'Fcb4eva' :D
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2514: Aug 22, 2017 12:10:53 pm
      OOoohh Phil your hair looks nice and I just love your new tattoo 'Fcb4eva' :D
      ;D - complement
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #2515: Aug 22, 2017 12:14:24 pm
      Binning his tw*t of an agent off would be a good start.

Took the words out of my mouth mate. If he's really not happy that'd go someway towards exhibiting genuine contrition.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2516: Aug 22, 2017 12:15:53 pm

So you will have lost faith in the manager because he is the one scouting and closing out deals to sign players?

Fair enough if that's your view.

red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #2517: Aug 22, 2017 12:23:03 pm
      So you will have lost faith in the manager because he is the one scouting and closing out deals to sign players?

Fair enough if that's your view.

At least he doesn't have to say stuff like this squad is good enough even if no more additions are made to it.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #2518: Aug 22, 2017 12:23:50 pm
      If Klopp mentions "like a new signing", I'll begin to lose a bit of faith in him....

Remember Jürgen isn't just there to make us feel better. Indeed he's pointed out several times that's absolutely NOT his job......his job is to deliver a team with the resources he can muster that makes us feel better.

I know the "new signings" thing was a poor choice but remember whilst his English is excellent it's not his first language.

To be perfectly honest I think that was as much him thinking out loud and emphasising the positive to himself......"at least I have cover at LB and that frees up Millie in the middle to cover".

Too much has been made of that sentence because we're all fu**ed off at how royally pish this club are at delivering the manager's targets......
      Kopite78
      Reply #2519: Aug 22, 2017 12:23:56 pm
      I don't get this view that the players are being forced to do this or that by big bad agents and other clubs..

At 25 I knew my own mind and could make my own decisions.

His 'representatives' are exactly that, they represent him, they work for him... He advises them what he ultimately wants. They need him more than he needs them, he could get other agents if the ones he has we're working against his wishes or wants

If he didn't want this or thought what they were doing was wrong he could say so to his employees

To expect us to believe different is bollocks

It's a smoke screen that he wants us to swallow

I'm not that naive
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2520: Aug 22, 2017 12:24:55 pm
      At least he doesn't have to say stuff like this squad is good enough even if no more additions are made to it.

What do you expect him to say they are "sh*te"

Get a grip no manager puts down his players apart from Maureen who throws them under the bus.  :D

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2521: Aug 22, 2017 12:33:44 pm

Or Rodgers when he fields a bunch of kids or Woy when rubbing his face has no impact on the game. :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2522: Aug 22, 2017 12:37:41 pm
      I don't get this view that the players are being forced to do this or that by big bad agents and other clubs..

His 'representatives' are exactly that, they represent him, they work for him... He advises them what he ultimately wants. They need him more than he needs them, he could get other agents if the ones he has we're working against his wishes or wants

If he didn't want this or thought what they were doing was wrong he could say so to his employees

I'm not that naive

Exactly.
      A convenient excuse, just like "ooh, big bad Barca made me send an email".

No doubt some will lap it up, just like some overlook the fact that Suarez bit another player, 3 times, and each time he had asked for a move, but apparently, that's just a "coincidence".

Bottom line for me, is I don't give a F**k how good a player is, if they sh*t on the Club, they become nothing in my eyes.
      I'm not going to slag him off, and I hope he gives his all for us, but I won't see him in the same light anymore.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2523: Aug 22, 2017 12:42:13 pm
      No, what he really is, is a youngster that's come through.

and the difference between that and a new RB signing is??
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2524: Aug 22, 2017 12:44:56 pm
      "He had to because he was told to by his representatives"
      Paraphrasing a bit, but am I missing something here?

Surely the whole point of having "representatives" is that they do what the player tells them, otherwise, they are not "representatives", they are in charge.

So presumably you tell your accountant exactly what to do then or your solicitor how to conduct your case? Of course he'll be taking advice from his representatives but ultimately I agree that the buck stops at him, but he's young, rich and probably not blessed with intelligence and I'm willing to let him redeem himself.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2525: Aug 22, 2017 12:47:22 pm
      and the difference between that and a new RB signing is??
      £10M-£50M
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #2526: Aug 22, 2017 12:48:44 pm
      He has to sack his agent, otherwise all this throwing blame around doesn't work.

Sack the agent who is working on his behalf? That would make Coutinho unprofessional both towards his employer and his employee.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2527: Aug 22, 2017 12:51:23 pm
      So presumably you tell your accountant exactly what to do then or your solicitor how to conduct your case? Of course he'll be taking advice from his representatives but ultimately I agree that the buck stops at him, but he's young, rich and probably not blessed with intelligence and I'm willing to let him redeem himself.

They'd still only advise you.

Football is more simple than those examples though.

If Phils agents come to him and say, do you want to move to Barca.. It's his choice..

Even if he says yes and then they come to him and say lets do a transfer request, it's still down to him.

If they advice he pretends his back hurts... It's up to him.

If they then as we are going to release stuff about you not being happy with the manager and that you are willing to miss the World Cup to get the move.. It's up to him.

As I said at 25 I knew my own mind. I'm sure Phil does too.

If I were Phil, I'd go along with the want to go there, maybe even the transfer request.. But I'd still at 25 say to them, maybe not the day before the first game of the season.

If then all the other sh*te, I'd say no it's not the best way, I don't want to upset Liverpool. Let's just let the clubs sort it out if a deal can be done.

Don't be fooled that everything that's been done or been released by his agents and family Phil is fully behind.

There's a right way and a wrong way to do things, and agents won't work rogue, they will advice and ask their clients all the way through
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2528: Aug 22, 2017 12:51:26 pm

I'm not that naive

At 25 did you have your favourite childhood company come over to you and offer to double your salary, if not then please shut up because you simply cannot compare yourself to Coutinho especially when all his closest advisors and the club itself, Barca, are all whispering in his ear for him to do this and that to force through the move.
      I genuinely feel for the lad and if you guys don't chill the F**k out with this condemnation then he will be gone, out of the club very quickly and/or his game shot to pieces.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #2529: Aug 22, 2017 12:51:39 pm

I'm not that naive

You might not be but 90% of the 'LFC Family', sadly, are.

Quick Reply