Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 292984 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #966: Aug 09, 2017 04:16:46 pm
      Spot on Mick.

Another fu**ed up window by FSG.

All the FSG backers on here need to wake up.

So it was FSG who told RBL not to sell Keita.
      Got it.
      Thanks for clearing that up.

Although, I only care if Klopp has a problem with them, and so far absolutely no sign of that.

Hang on, in this particular echo chamber, that makes him a stooge or a shill or a "mouthpiece" doesn't it?

I've become so confused by the bullshit, I can't keep track.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #967: Aug 09, 2017 04:19:49 pm
      Can you please explain to me what FSG have done wrong this window, I'm really confused by this.

Do you think we should be challenging heavily for the title and pushing in the CL, while also competing well in the domestic cups this coming season?

If yes, do you think that our current first team as a whole is strong enough to compete with the other top teams in the PL and the CL?

If yes, do you think that our second team is strong enough to fill the shoes of the members of the first team given that we're likely going to be playing 55+ games this season?

If yes, what drugs are you on? If no, then our front and back offices (ownership included) have not done a good enough job to capitalize on our position having qualified for the CL, having had a strong PL performance, and leveraging that into signing some class players to push and improve our problem areas while also holding onto our best.

Addition/FYI: I'm not excluding Klopp from any liability here either.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #968: Aug 09, 2017 04:24:38 pm
      Can you please explain to me what FSG have done wrong this window, I'm really confused by this.

Can you explain what they have done right in the 7 or 8 years they have been here?

I see a weakened team, a weaker squad, a dumbed down of expectations from some of the supporter base and I include you in that group, a negative net spend most years not sure if its all and a reluctance to pay what is needed.

Now you can quote the Keita situation all you like but when you know someone isn't for sale you can bid what you like safely however VVD is for sale so where is our big bid.

You can go on banging their drum my mind is made up for now, I hope they can change it but when Couts is sold and again I hope im wrong but im convinced it will happen we can chat again about your glorious owners.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #969: Aug 09, 2017 04:36:46 pm
      As far as FSG and doing things right/wrong are concerned, I suppose it depends upon what you see their role as. Tomymind, their role is to take whatever steps are sensibly necessary in order to help us to improve as far as winning trophies is concerned. That means by and large, getting the players in who the manager wants.

Now I personally don't buy this idea that "it depends if the selling club is up for selling and if they're not, it's not FSG's fault". These two main transfers will have been discussed for many a month, with all of the prospective player, his agent and the selling club being well aware of what's going on. We'll have concluded after much discussion and consideration that both transfers were doable. It's not like Jürgen was saying he wanted Sergio Ramos and Lionel Messi, he said he wanted two relatively uncourted talents in VVD and Keita. That we didn't get them AFTER HAVING DECIDED TO GO FOR THEM, is IMHO 100% FSG's fault.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #970: Aug 09, 2017 04:40:59 pm
      Do you think we should be challenging heavily for the title and pushing in the CL, while also competing well in the domestic cups this coming season?

If yes, do you think that our current first team as a whole is strong enough to compete with the other top teams in the PL and the CL?

If yes, do you think that our second team is strong enough to fill the shoes of the members of the first team given that we're likely going to be playing 55+ games this season?

If yes, what drugs are you on? If no, then our front and back offices (ownership included) have not done a good enough job to capitalize on our position having qualified for the CL, having had a strong PL performance, and leveraging that into signing some class players to push and improve our problem areas while also holding onto our best.

Addition/FYI: I'm not excluding Klopp from any liability here either.

ok I almost +1 that post, a good post and in most respects I fully agree with you. The main difference is that i do think the owners and club have put up the money and tried their very best at negotiating to get the mangers choices. Its just a combination of a few F**k ups, VVD, and hitting a brick wall with the Keita deal that have prevented us form having a great transfer window. You could argue that there should have been 2nd options to both but clearly the manager does not agree with you on that.
      For what its worth I actually think we have a much stronger team and squad than most give us credit for, i think there are some real parallels between us and Spurs currently and man Utd in the middle of the 90's with their "you can't win with kids" team. Now whether that will be enough to challenge for the league is a very very good question but I simply don't believe all this crap that the owners are not backing the manager enough, not that you were saying that but plenty of others have been.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #971: Aug 09, 2017 04:44:53 pm
      As far as FSG and doing things right/wrong are concerned, I suppose it depends upon what you see their role as. Tomymind, their role is to take whatever steps are sensibly necessary in order to help us to improve as far as winning trophies is concerned. That means by and large, getting the players in who the manager wants.

Now I personally don't buy this idea that "it depends if the selling club is up for selling and if they're not, it's not FSG's fault". These two main transfers will have been discussed for many a month, with all of the prospective player, his agent and the selling club being well aware of what's going on. We'll have concluded after much discussion and consideration that both transfers were doable. It's not like Jürgen was saying he wanted Sergio Ramos and Lionel Messi, he said he wanted two relatively uncourted talents in VVD and Keita. That we didn't get them AFTER HAVING DECIDED TO GO FOR THEM, is IMHO 100% FSG's fault.

So if its is FSG's fault BigMick, what can they learn from it? Were they wrong to think they were for sale, ie scouting issue, are their negotiating abilities poor, need better deal makers and negotiators, or did they simply not put up enough money?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #972: Aug 09, 2017 05:05:41 pm
      ESPNFC has now removed any trace altogether from their homepage of an "agreed deal" and has replaced it with the story of Stevie saying Coutinho would have to force his exit and create a war to get out of Liverpool - not sure why he's gone and said this, in my opinion it paints the club, the owners, and management in a bit of a bad light and is not really an appealing thing to see if you're a prospective player trying to join.

When clicking into that they're also running a video of their analysts "talking tactics" and making their lineups for the opener without Coutinho.  :lmao:

Personally don't see us losing Phil this summer at this point. I don't think he's prepared to start any kind of a war with our ownership and I think that they're going to hold strong. If we do really well this season and Klopp can continue to sell him on the club, maybe he stays beyond that otherwise he'll likely be gone next year - but hopefully at that point we'll have anticipated the move and done the due diligence to run a proper replacement.

The infamous Guillem Balague has stated that there has been no updated bid, there has been no request from Coutinho, and that a deal is totally rubbish. Says Barca aren't the ones running these stories and that it's click-bait stuff instead. Take it with a grain of salt.  :roll:

Their evening TV program, ESPN FC, had a story announcing this as done, last night. Steve Nicol is a regular and he refused to say anything about it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #973: Aug 09, 2017 05:42:20 pm
      ESPNFC has now removed any trace altogether from their homepage of an "agreed deal" and has replaced it with the story of Stevie saying Coutinho would have to force his exit and create a war to get out of Liverpool - not sure why he's gone and said this, in my opinion it paints the club, the owners, and management in a bit of a bad light and is not really an appealing thing to see if you're a prospective player trying to join.

When clicking into that they're also running a video of their analysts "talking tactics" and making their lineups for the opener without Coutinho.  :lmao:

Personally don't see us losing Phil this summer at this point. I don't think he's prepared to start any kind of a war with our ownership and I think that they're going to hold strong. If we do really well this season and Klopp can continue to sell him on the club, maybe he stays beyond that otherwise he'll likely be gone next year - but hopefully at that point we'll have anticipated the move and done the due diligence to run a proper replacement.

The infamous Guillem Balague has stated that there has been no updated bid, there has been no request from Coutinho, and that a deal is totally rubbish. Says Barca aren't the ones running these stories and that it's click-bait stuff instead. Take it with a grain of salt.  :roll:
      laugh my head off if Gerrard saw that and sued them for defamation.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #974: Aug 09, 2017 05:43:20 pm
      laugh my head off if Gerrard saw that and sued them for defamation.

What are you on about? They are quoting Gerrard. There's nothing defaming about that. Get a grip.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #975: Aug 09, 2017 05:48:19 pm
      What are you on about? They are quoting Gerrard. There's nothing defaming about that. Get a grip.
      ah he said that. I thought it was usual press garbage.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #976: Aug 09, 2017 05:54:15 pm
       Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ
      Philippe Coutinho is a major doubt for Liverpool’s Premier League opener at Watford after he once again missed training. (Dominic King)

Wow...sure am glad we did everything we could to strengthen in midfield this off season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #977: Aug 09, 2017 06:09:42 pm
      Philippe Coutinho is a major doubt for Liverpool’s Premier League opener at Watford after he once again missed training. (Dominic King)

Wow...sure am glad we did everything we could to strengthen in midfield this off season.
      it's his back. I mentioned it in match thread yesterday.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #979: Aug 09, 2017 09:33:30 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #980: Aug 09, 2017 09:34:08 pm
      F**k you Barca.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #981: Aug 09, 2017 09:37:06 pm
      Nice, I guess they can F**k back to Spain now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #982: Aug 09, 2017 09:43:27 pm
      Don't think they won't try to bid again. They've got money burning a hole in their pocket and they NEED to spend it. So far though, it looks like FSG backing their man.

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #983: Aug 09, 2017 09:44:23 pm
      90 million, wow, even if we were going to sell, give us the money from Neymar, ( not that it'll get spent tho'),. Do one,  I always liked Barca, but now they can F**k off, you cheeky ba*tards.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #984: Aug 09, 2017 09:47:23 pm
      £90m last summer would of been a blockbuster but now it's just standard.

F**k off Barca you cu*ts
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #985: Aug 09, 2017 09:48:07 pm
      Low balling fuckers after getting £200M for Neymar, £90M is frankly embarrassing.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #986: Aug 09, 2017 09:49:12 pm
      Barca will really have to stump up, if they want our man. I'd make them go over the £100 million mark, and then tell them to f**k off !
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #987: Aug 09, 2017 09:51:24 pm

I still think Ox will come into the equation for us this window. A lot of deals still to be made this month for everybody and Wenger has said they still need to trim their roster.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #988: Aug 09, 2017 09:53:29 pm
      They really are a bunch of reprehensible, corrupt cu*ts.

Given their past actions they're not a football club. More akin to a crime syndicate.

Quick Reply