Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 288983 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #253: Jul 26, 2017 11:25:51 am
      If we sell Coutinho then this will be a big disappointment for us fans. We need a boost and we need to be motivated for next season by keeping our best players.

FSG need to slap a 200m price tag, pay up or not.

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #254: Jul 26, 2017 11:41:50 am
      What's that got to do with the Coutinho talk?
      Was pointing out earlier that the Coutinho money could possibly be what FSG are waiting on to fund the Keita bid, and that getting Keita pushes Can further down the ladder, hence this story would make sense
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #255: Jul 26, 2017 11:44:47 am
      Why can't we play the 'you can go next year' card that we played with Suarez? He's tied himself down to a long deal here...we've taken him from a struggling Inter Milan Squad member to a regular star for us!

He owes us

As others have said with Cou behind the front 3 we have at the minute we could have an incredible season.

Just as a side note - does anyone think Salah was signed with Cou's departure in mind? Maybe Coutinho has already said to Jürgen he wanted to go to Barca so the club moved in for Salah before we would be charged a premium for a replacement?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #256: Jul 26, 2017 11:47:28 am
      Was pointing out earlier that the Coutinho money could possibly be what FSG are waiting on to fund the Keita bid, and that getting Keita pushes Can further down the ladder, hence this story would make sense

or maybe you're watching too many conspiracy theory movies.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #257: Jul 26, 2017 11:52:00 am
      Why can't we play the 'you can go next year' card that we played with Suarez? He's tied himself down to a long deal here...we've taken him from a struggling Inter Milan Squad member to a regular star for us!

He owes us

As others have said with Cou behind the front 3 we have at the minute we could have an incredible season.

Just as a side note - does anyone think Salah was signed with Cou's departure in mind? Maybe Coutinho has already said to Jürgen he wanted to go to Barca so the club moved in for Salah before we would be charged a premium for a replacement?

How about playing the "You can go when we say or when your contract runs out, whichever is sooner" card for a change? Seems that's the card the parent clubs of all our targets are playing. The 'You can't keep an unhappy player' adage only seems to apply to us. It's working out perfectly well for Saints and RBL so far.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #258: Jul 26, 2017 11:54:59 am
      or maybe you're watching too many conspiracy theory movies.
      No... Just unlike you I can view things on many levels and i am not myopic  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #259: Jul 26, 2017 12:43:49 pm
      These Barca cu*ts are really starting to piss me off now. F**k of you cu*ts.

If I wake up in the morning and find out Couts is gone, I'm gonna be pissed!!!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #260: Jul 26, 2017 12:53:13 pm
      No... Just unlike you I can view things on many levels and i am not myopic  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Nah, you're just assuming things without evidence and relying on unsubstantiated articles by journos who haven't got a clue.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #261: Jul 26, 2017 01:27:46 pm
      Unfortunately it comes down to the player.  Now i don't want big Phil to go, who would!! But if he wants to there is no point in keeping an unhappy player. If the worst came to the worst we should hold out for some absolutely ridiculous offer of £120 mill or a swap with Messi & Suarez coming the other way.

Come on Phil, you are expected to win the league with barca, but win it here and you would go down in folk lore!!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :celebrate:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #262: Jul 26, 2017 01:37:55 pm
      I would be astonished if this happened, I think it would either have to be a massive bid, somewhere around £120m at least or the player throwing a major sulk, transfer request handed in/strike etc.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #263: Jul 26, 2017 02:46:11 pm
      I would be astonished if this happened, I think it would either have to be a massive bid, somewhere around £120m at least or the player throwing a major sulk, transfer request handed in/strike etc.

Yeah, I would be surprised if he left this summer, I am even confident of him staying next. However, if we were to sell, I would like to see us only do so IF we can 100% get Keita and VVD.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #264: Jul 26, 2017 03:33:28 pm
      Nah, you're just assuming things without evidence and relying on unsubstantiated articles by journos who haven't got a clue.

But that's what this thread is about, discussing cou's transfer rumours. If we all waited for the club to say anything before we post then it would be one boring place to be.

I love that some go crazy and almost get heartattack then reading posts from people who are cool and brush it aside.

I personally feel that barca are taping him up for next season, Spanish teams does that a lot. Ronaldo bale Suarez and modric. We heard the rumors couple of season before it actually happened.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #265: Jul 26, 2017 04:09:10 pm
      But that's what this thread is about, discussing cou's transfer rumours. If we all waited for the club to say anything before we post then it would be one boring place to be.

I love that some go crazy and almost get heartattack then reading posts from people who are cool and brush it aside.

I personally feel that barca are taping him up for next season, Spanish teams does that a lot. Ronaldo bale Suarez and modric. We heard the rumors couple of season before it actually happened.

It is, but then again you don't come up with conspiracy theories based on rumors as a stick to beat the owners with because of their total bias against them.

If Coutinho wants to leave, we shouldn't accept less than 200m or 150m. Skysports are saying Barca are confident but then we aren't in any pressure to sell Coutinho or do we need to as Klopp has said numerous times he won't sell his best players
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #266: Jul 26, 2017 05:28:31 pm
      If we sell him it's a massive step backwards and even if we went on to sign VVD and Keita, IMO, we wouldn't  have strengthened. You don't sell your best player.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #267: Jul 26, 2017 05:32:14 pm
      Say that he was going, full-stop. Nothing we could do about it. Who out of Barca's current players would you take in part exchange?

Not saying at all I would be ok with him leaving, mind you. Just curious.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #268: Jul 26, 2017 05:32:53 pm
      Say that he was going, full-stop. Nothing we could do about it. Who out of Barca's current players would you take in part exchange?

Not saying at all I would be ok with him leaving, mind you. Just curious.

Suarez.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #269: Jul 26, 2017 05:40:32 pm

Busquets or Suarez but no chance of that happening.
      Munir is highly rated by barca fans.
      Umtiti had a horrible game against psg in CL but he could be really good. Rafinha is good too.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #270: Jul 26, 2017 06:00:14 pm
      100m and suarez and we sign keita and VVD then we wouldn't be weaker...

Edit: and my username would be relevant for lfc again which must be worth the money alone
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,461 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #271: Jul 26, 2017 06:42:14 pm
      Busquets or Suarez but no chance of that happening.
      Munir is highly rated by barca fans.
      Umtiti had a horrible game against psg in CL but he could be really good. Rafinha is good too.

Munir and rafinha are available but not better than we have, no chance of umtiti
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #272: Jul 26, 2017 06:50:11 pm
      Munir and rafinha are available but not better than we have, no chance of umtiti

Munir is miles better then origi, a proper striker which firmino is not. Stu is injured a lot.

Solanke I can't comment on, but Munir is good, I'm not going to say he is next Ronaldo or Suarez or somebody else but that kid has got talent.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #273: Jul 26, 2017 06:52:20 pm

Munir is miles better then origi, a proper striker which firmino is not. Stu is injured a lot.

Solanke I can't comment on, but Munir has more experience against better teams and under pressure. I'm not going to say he is next Ronaldo or Suarez or somebody else but that kid has got talent.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #274: Jul 26, 2017 06:55:15 pm
      We already sold Suarez to these bas**rds before a CL season and it ruined us. We have to keep hold of our best player, unless the offer becomes so ridiculous it would be stupid to turn down. That figure would need to double from the first bid however.

We would then have to go and vuy top quality and land them targets.

In all honesty that would be beyond our transfer comittee. We need to keep him but if he downs tools and eventually does go, we can't buy this years versions of Balo and Lambert.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #275: Jul 26, 2017 07:51:16 pm
      We already sold Suarez to these bas**rds before a CL season and it ruined us. We have to keep hold of our best player, unless the offer becomes so ridiculous it would be stupid to turn down. That figure would need to double from the first bid however.

We would then have to go and vuy top quality and land them targets.

In all honesty that would be beyond our transfer comittee. We need to keep him but if he downs tools and eventually does go, we can't buy this years versions of Balo and Lambert.

Yep, we sold Luis far too cheaply, i'm hoping to F**k that FSG don't buckle and sell for less than £100m, he still has his best years ahead of him so we need to get as much as possible to even get near justifying selling our best asset,
      as far as i'm concerned Coutinho going is inevitable, it's just a matter of when, i would expect Jürgen to let FSG know he wants him for this season at least,

we have CL to play in assuming we qualify, so i'd be digging my heels in until after the qualifying period, that would render Phill cup tied for CL if he were to F**k off,

IF FSG bend over and prepare to be anally fu**ed over by the Catalans AGAIN then for me i'm done with them, it would prove to me once and for all they have little ambition pitchside for our club, IF on the other hand they dig in and unequivicably tell Barca to f***in do one, bring in VVD & Keita within 7 days that would go along way in reinforcing their '' We will match any rival'' bollocks,

Pivotal week or two ahead for our club ppl, a fortnight of frustration, despair and anger, possibly, or it could get very exciting apart from the knowledge that we could lose our little magician, two steps forward three back, are we really still this mode ?

YNWA

Quick Reply