Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 290955 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,969 posts | 5030 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1104: Aug 10, 2017 07:46:24 pm
      That is not the one I read swabs. If/when it comes on again will copy & paste what was said.

So what was it you read then Keith surely you can remember, now I know that Man U fans are not exactly known for their grey matter, perhaps your the exception, so if you can please enlighten us with your knowledge.  :f_whistle:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

YNWA
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #1105: Aug 10, 2017 09:50:19 pm
      What Klopp said there means nothing, it makes no sense.

He means that if they offer more early in the window next summer then there could well be a different answer
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #1106: Aug 10, 2017 09:51:03 pm
      Guillem ballbag, the face who makes a small fortune every transfer window being the expert in all things related to spanish football and invariably just shoots fish in a f**king barrel.

They've put a lot of effort in?

How is putting two offers in for a player putting a lot of effort in?

My daily sh*te takes more effort than that.

Wasted effort too.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1107: Aug 10, 2017 10:57:19 pm
      Barca getting pushed back on all front.

Dortmund reject Barcelona’s €100m offer for DembĂ©lĂ© and suspend player

Borussia Dortmund have rejected Barcelona’s opening offer for Ousmane DembĂ©lĂ© and suspended the France forward after he missed a training session on Thursday.

Dortmund have said the France forward is “unlikely” to move to Spain unless they receive an improved offer, despite reports in France and Germany suggesting the 20-year-old is on the verge of signing for Barça. A statement from the German club confirmed the offer – understood to be €100m – had been rejected. “There has been a discussion with Barcelona in regards to a possible transfer of Ousmane DembĂ©lĂ©,” read the statement, which was released to the German stock exchange.

“In these talks Barcelona have presented an offer that does not match the extraordinary footballing and otherwise status of the player and also not the current market situation. BVB have turned this offer down.

Ousmane DembĂ©lĂ©: football’s hottest property, if you can convince his mother
       Read more
      “And as there is no other offer from Barcelona a transfer should not be expected and is at this moment in time unlikely.”

Dortmund’s sporting director later said DembĂ©lĂ© would be fined and suspended for their next match.

“Ousmane DembĂ©lĂ© missed training without notifying the club and has clearly taken this action consciously. We will obviously sanction him for this,” Michael Zorc said. “We have also suspended the player until after the cup game at the weekend.”

It is understood Dembélé went to Paris on Thursday evening to visit friends and family, and was awaiting news as the clubs continue to negotiate the fee.

Talks have been continuing for several days, with Dortmund insistent they would not accept less than €150m for the player they signed from Rennes last summer for a 10th of that cost. DembĂ©lĂ© was pictured in the official team photo on Wednesday but the Dortmund manager, Peter Bosz, said the player had failed to show up the following day.

“He wasn’t there this morning and if I am completely honest I have to say I have no idea why he wasn’t,” Bosz said. “We have tried to reach him but we have not managed to. I hope nothing bad has happened to him. He wasn’t there.”

Asked if it was linked to Barcelona’s interest, Bosz said: “That I do not know as I haven’t spoken to him.”

A report in the French newspaper L’Equipe claimed DembĂ©lĂ© will fly to Barcelona “in the coming hours” to sign a long-term contract. Sky Sports in Germany has also reported he is set to join Ernesto Valverde’s side.

On Wednesday, Barcelona failed with a ÂŁ90m bid for Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho, with JĂŒrgen Klopp reiterating on Thursday the Brazilian is not for sale at any price.

DembĂ©lĂ©, who has four years remaining on his Dortmund contract and made his full international debut for France against Italy last September, scored six goals in his debut season in the Bundesliga. Rennes are believed to have a 25% sell-on clause which means they could be due up to €30m of any transfer fee received for DembĂ©lĂ©.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/10/ousmane-dembele-borussia-dortmund-barcelona?CMP=fb_gu
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1108: Aug 10, 2017 11:21:47 pm
      Barca getting pushed back on all front.

Dortmund reject Barcelona’s €100m offer for DembĂ©lĂ© and suspend player

Borussia Dortmund have rejected Barcelona’s opening offer for Ousmane DembĂ©lĂ© and suspended the France forward after he missed a training session on Thursday.

Dortmund have said the France forward is “unlikely” to move to Spain unless they receive an improved offer, despite reports in France and Germany suggesting the 20-year-old is on the verge of signing for Barça. A statement from the German club confirmed the offer – understood to be €100m – had been rejected. “There has been a discussion with Barcelona in regards to a possible transfer of Ousmane DembĂ©lĂ©,” read the statement, which was released to the German stock exchange.

“In these talks Barcelona have presented an offer that does not match the extraordinary footballing and otherwise status of the player and also not the current market situation. BVB have turned this offer down.

Ousmane DembĂ©lĂ©: football’s hottest property, if you can convince his mother
       Read more
      “And as there is no other offer from Barcelona a transfer should not be expected and is at this moment in time unlikely.”

Dortmund’s sporting director later said DembĂ©lĂ© would be fined and suspended for their next match.

“Ousmane DembĂ©lĂ© missed training without notifying the club and has clearly taken this action consciously. We will obviously sanction him for this,” Michael Zorc said. “We have also suspended the player until after the cup game at the weekend.”

It is understood Dembélé went to Paris on Thursday evening to visit friends and family, and was awaiting news as the clubs continue to negotiate the fee.

Talks have been continuing for several days, with Dortmund insistent they would not accept less than €150m for the player they signed from Rennes last summer for a 10th of that cost. DembĂ©lĂ© was pictured in the official team photo on Wednesday but the Dortmund manager, Peter Bosz, said the player had failed to show up the following day.

“He wasn’t there this morning and if I am completely honest I have to say I have no idea why he wasn’t,” Bosz said. “We have tried to reach him but we have not managed to. I hope nothing bad has happened to him. He wasn’t there.”

Asked if it was linked to Barcelona’s interest, Bosz said: “That I do not know as I haven’t spoken to him.”

A report in the French newspaper L’Equipe claimed DembĂ©lĂ© will fly to Barcelona “in the coming hours” to sign a long-term contract. Sky Sports in Germany has also reported he is set to join Ernesto Valverde’s side.

On Wednesday, Barcelona failed with a ÂŁ90m bid for Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho, with JĂŒrgen Klopp reiterating on Thursday the Brazilian is not for sale at any price.

DembĂ©lĂ©, who has four years remaining on his Dortmund contract and made his full international debut for France against Italy last September, scored six goals in his debut season in the Bundesliga. Rennes are believed to have a 25% sell-on clause which means they could be due up to €30m of any transfer fee received for DembĂ©lĂ©.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/10/ousmane-dembele-borussia-dortmund-barcelona?CMP=fb_gu

Also won't buy inigo martinez as they reckon his buy out is too high
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,207 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1109: Aug 10, 2017 11:34:28 pm
      To be honest, about Ajax, I said Ajax from the start so I was not far off as they got runners up. About Barca, it means if they bid 200m+ it will make no difference.

IT was a good call but still wrong  :D I predicted the winners  ;D
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1110: Aug 11, 2017 12:32:35 am
      Are you on a wind up, are you seriously suggesting there is no such thing as two clubs bidding for the same player??
      Why do you think Barca are serious about Coutinho but we weren't about Keita.

BTW I think I'm going to enjoy you struggle to explain this.

no i didn't say that. i said why would anyone else be going in for Keita right now? they all saw us approach first and get knocked back hard - why would, say Juventus, or Celtic, or Trabzonspor go in for him now when the whole world knows he's not for sale? that's what i said, nothing to do with "no such thing as clubs bidding for the same player"......

why do i think barca were serious but we aren't? because our owners are FSG. i will never ever believe they're just going to buy a huge asset without selling one until i see it. they've never done it yet, right? so idk why people think it will happen now.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1111: Aug 11, 2017 09:08:45 am
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1112: Aug 11, 2017 09:27:09 am
      Barcelona cannot afford to buy Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho if they sign France forward Ousame Dembele from Borussia Dortmund, according to Spanish football journalist Graham Hunter. (BBC Radio 5 live)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1113: Aug 11, 2017 10:03:32 am
      FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho

We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.

The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1114: Aug 11, 2017 10:04:09 am
      It took 45 minutes to reject their first bid, last nights bid was rejected immediately.

That tells you everyone from owners, ceo to manager are all on the same page regarding Coutinho.

LIVERPOOL rejected Barcelona’s increased £90.3m offer for Philippe Coutinho in just 35 minutes.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 567 posts | 129 
      Reply #1115: Aug 11, 2017 10:04:41 am
      Club statement just issued. Coutinho will not be sold and will still be LFC player at end of window.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #1116: Aug 11, 2017 10:10:13 am
      Thats how you do it! FSG should put statement, cou will not be sold until his contract expires :)
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1117: Aug 11, 2017 10:13:17 am
      Club statement just issued. Coutinho will not be sold and will still be LFC player at end of window.

:aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :clap:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1118: Aug 11, 2017 10:15:01 am
      What would it take for you to actually respect or like the owners, would they have to speak arabic and be buying Neymar for ÂŁ200 million?
      for them to invest in the Club and not the so called seven years of the Mike Ashley style of investment that Newcastle as had and they have given to Liverpool FC...
      For them to treat the Club and supporters with respect, and to realize that with out the supporters the club is nothing...
      Be up front with the Supporters about your plans for the club...

I don'y care what language they speak as long as they treat us, and the club in the right way
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2017 11:20:35 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1119: Aug 11, 2017 10:16:45 am
      Get a f**king grip you tart.

He is NOT for sale.

Klopp outlines reasons Coutinho WON'T be sold to Barcelona

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/coutinho-barcelona-transfer-liverpool-klopp-13458292#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

And when the transfer window shuts and Phil's still here you should be man enough to admit you were wrong.

When you do just don't end the sentence with 'please!', it's unbecoming.

So it took 35 minute to translate to Spanish "Not For Sale" ...?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1120: Aug 11, 2017 10:22:55 am

We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.

The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/271620-fsg-statement-on-philippe-coutinho
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1121: Aug 11, 2017 10:24:23 am

And when the transfer window shuts and Phil's still here you should be man enough to admit you were wrong.

Here's where I believe we differ... I believe that you view admittance of being wrong as a weakness... I view admittance of being wrong as a strength. So I am never affair of admitting when I am wrong...Besides If they don't sell Coutinho this window all it says to me is that Barca never offered enough ÂŁÂŁÂŁ 
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2017 11:28:11 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,207 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1122: Aug 11, 2017 10:24:27 am
      So 9/10 good price now to stay at Liverpool  :D

Topic locked.  :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1123: Aug 11, 2017 10:25:30 am
      Sometimes when a player agrees to stay/you won't let him go, he does a Suarez or an Alonso. He has the season of his life and he signs off in style. Oftentimes though, once a players head is turned his performances dip dramatically. That's why clubs usually get shut once a player "expresses a desire", what's the point when their heart ain't in it?

Don't be surprised if while we're telling Barca to eff off, we're also agreeing a fee for a Christmas sale should by then we be out of contention for stuff/Coutinho ain't doing the biz.
      DanMann

• 5,796 posts | 892 
      Reply #1124: Aug 11, 2017 10:26:24 am

Boom! Barcelona can smoke on that!

Meanwhile, the FSG haters and conspiracy theorists will need a new hammer to hit them with.  :lmao:

Case closed.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1125: Aug 11, 2017 10:30:58 am
      Bollocks, the first bid took 45 minutes to reject, there was probably e-mails, calls etc between Klopp, Edwards, Henry, Warner et all, it returned a unanimous No.

Klopp then came out and said Coutinho is not for sale.

Next bid comes in, rejected immediately, no Communications between any one with a little message to Barca 'We consider the matter closed'

The Reds took just 35 minutes to reject Barcelona's increased ÂŁ90.3m offer for 25-year-old midfielder Philippe Coutinho.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/839346/Philippe-Coutinho-Liverpool-Transfer-News-Barcelona-offer-Guillem-Balague

Having representatives of Barca fly in to discuss the matter is hardly "rejected immediately, no Communications between any one" is it...?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #1126: Aug 11, 2017 10:33:32 am
      I wonder if Barca put some proper money up would our stance stay the same?

Quick Reply