Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 293479 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1863: Aug 14, 2017 04:51:08 pm
      If Coutinho has a good world cup he will fetch £200m+. Buy before world cup, not sell. Why do you think it's so hard to buy good players right now?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1864: Aug 14, 2017 05:56:31 pm
      Sorry but that's nonsense, "not his fault"?? he handed in a transfer request 1 day before the season started, he has to take some blame surely. If he was desperate to leave then he should have made that very clear at the start of the window, like VVD, not at the end.

Did you read anything what I said?

It's not coutinhos fault we can't sell him at the end of the window. He may try and force a move but ultimately he will get told no.

Had we brought in half a dozen of players by now and if we had the squad depth then coutinhos transfer request coming this late may have been different.

Of course we would have planned this season with coutinho in our team so it may have thrown us all a little bit, but it wouldn't have been anywhere near as disastrous (if we had signed players) like it is now.

We can't sell him because our squad is so thin. We wouldn't cope without him. We've played one game this season and already we struggled with no creativity on the pitch and limited options on the bench.
      « Last Edit: Aug 14, 2017 08:09:10 pm by HamannsTheMan »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1865: Aug 14, 2017 06:19:34 pm
      Obviously our ambitions for Isco are too high, how about this guy?

Salah Griezmann Salah
                 Firmino

Tasty front 4 that, even if I do say so myself! Yeah... of course we shouldn't look at a good player like Griezmann.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/antoine-griezmann-could-be-set-to-leave-atletico-madrid-after-all-report-claims-137905?utm_content=buffer11c85&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1866: Aug 14, 2017 06:22:56 pm

Salah Griezmann Salah
                 Firmino

Tasty front 4 that, even if I do say so myself! Yeah... of course we shouldn't look at a good player like Griezmann.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/antoine-griezmann-could-be-set-to-leave-atletico-madrid-after-all-report-claims-137905?utm_content=buffer11c85&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Don't they have some type of transfer ban or something...thought the mancs wanted him but it couldn't be done.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1867: Aug 14, 2017 06:27:40 pm

Salah Griezmann Salah
                 Firmino

Out attack is lethal, it's our defensive play that is a problem.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1868: Aug 14, 2017 06:33:18 pm
      Don't they have some type of transfer ban or something...thought the mancs wanted him but it couldn't be done.

Yes mate they do, I was just reading the article though and apparently if they sell Oblak then Griezmann is going to want out. With United already picking up Lukaku it would seem he'd not be wanted there (although I wouldn't put it past them buying both). Of course Barca would be an issue but let's set up a Torres/Carroll scenario, you want Cou Barca, then facilitate the Griezmann deal or no deal?

Of course it wont happen and it's living in dream land but right now I just want to see us linked to quality again rather than seemingly scraping the barrel because our first targets aren't immediately available.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1869: Aug 14, 2017 06:37:40 pm
      I think they can sell him, the ban is for signing players.

The reports said that he choose to stay for another year because Atletico wasn't going to be able to replace him after the ban was placed.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #1870: Aug 14, 2017 07:03:45 pm
      If we lose this qualifier does that change anyone's stance on Phil? Most don't buy the back injury, so if his holding out cost us the CL does that change peoples "don't sell him" stance?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1871: Aug 14, 2017 07:13:16 pm
      If we lose this qualifier does that change anyone's stance on Phil? Most don't buy the back injury, so if his holding out cost us the CL does that change peoples "don't sell him" stance?

One thing for sure, if we fail to qualify, I know who I will be blaming...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1872: Aug 14, 2017 07:27:47 pm
      If they sign Dembele they've filled the Neymar void add the Paulinho signing and I think its game over in their pursuit of Phil for this season.

Nah, they still want both
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #1873: Aug 14, 2017 07:47:37 pm
      One thing for sure, if we fail to qualify, I know who I will be blaming...

It's me isn't it?  :'(
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #1874: Aug 14, 2017 08:09:26 pm

No, I'd still keep him. But yeah I'd be pissed off with him, and it would make it more difficult for him with the fans.

But I suspect if we don't qualify, I'll be blaming our defence,  the owners and just about everybody going tbh.
      Scottbot

• 9,626 posts | 2160 
      Reply #1875: Aug 14, 2017 08:18:16 pm
      Sorry but that's nonsense, "not his fault"?? he handed in a transfer request 1 day before the season started, he has to take some blame surely. If he was desperate to leave then he should have made that very clear at the start of the window, like VVD, not at the end.

I don't know why everyone gets so hot under the collar about a 'transfer request'? All it is is putting the intention to leave in writing, something he had probably done verbally prior to then. What's the big drama? He would like to play for Barcelona, I think just about every player out there would like to do that so it's hardly a surprise. I'm not sure he will owe Jürgen this big apology. The real trick will be how he acts if and when he is told he is definitely staying at the club, the final week of the transfer window will be the real test of his quality.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1876: Aug 14, 2017 08:29:05 pm
      I don't know why everyone gets so hot under the collar about a 'transfer request'? All it is is putting the intention to leave in writing, something he had probably done verbally prior to then. What's the big drama? He would like to play for Barcelona, I think just about every player out there would like to do that so it's hardly a surprise. I'm not sure he will owe Jürgen this big apology. The real trick will be how he acts if and when he is told he is definitely staying at the club, the final week of the transfer window will be the real test of his quality.

On TAW this morning they said when he signed his new contract without a release clause every thing was good but all parties figured at some point he might want to go there as Barca has been sniffing him for a couple of years. Phil was OK without a release clause as he figured he owed the club for what it had done for him.

Barca approached again at the beginning of Summer and Phil with his agent had an inkling that he would go next Summer...again management and the manager were OK if that is what he really wanted to do and that was that.

When they lost Neymar they came back again and Phil/Agent went back to the club and said they want me now to which the response was OK a month ago every thing was fine..now you want to go?...No way we don't have time to get anybody in so you are staying. (This is when Jürgen came out saying he's not going anywhere)  After the 2nd bid came in Klopp said no again and FSG came out with the statement which apparently triggered Barca to tell Phil "It's now or never" at which time the transfer request was sent in and immediately rejected.

Barca also have several players such as Dembele and another (I can't remember the name) that they told it was now or never submit a request.

Evidently they never ever thought they would lose Neymar to PSG and before that deal did not even have any cash to do any kind of major transfer...now that they have cash they are trying to optimize it with low ball bids to both us and Dortmund in an attempt to land both players and another for the money they got from Neymar.

Now Barca is in a panic and scrambling.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1877: Aug 14, 2017 08:58:00 pm
      Barca sign brazillian midfielder CouPaulinho.

40 million... one of the bizzarest transfers of the window so far.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 760 
      Reply #1878: Aug 14, 2017 09:02:40 pm
      SELL EM OFF!

Dont want anyone that doesnt wanna play for liverpool.

invest in 3 strong signings.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1879: Aug 14, 2017 09:02:55 pm

Crazy money for such an average player.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1880: Aug 14, 2017 09:03:51 pm
      SELL EM OFF!

3 strong signings from where?

If we sell Cou we're signing squat.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1881: Aug 14, 2017 09:04:26 pm
      SELL EM OFF!

Were sitting on money right now and can't even spend it....another XXX sitting there doing nothing doesn't help.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1882: Aug 14, 2017 09:07:26 pm

Yep, and Alcácer, Vermaelen, Gomes and the sale of Alves are just as bad imo!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1883: Aug 14, 2017 09:18:10 pm

Not that bizarre if the the text that  some Barcelona fans have got is true which suggests the Barcelona president has business links in the city where paulinho played in china, going to try another no confidence vote which will probably be unsuccessful
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1884: Aug 14, 2017 09:27:53 pm
      http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40924202
      He's not in the champs league squad so if "Hes not for sale" why would you leave him out?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1885: Aug 14, 2017 09:30:24 pm
      http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40924202
      He's not in the champs league squad so if "Hes not for sale" why would you leave him out?

Not right frame of mind?

Quick Reply