Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 297519 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2070: Aug 17, 2017 12:22:06 pm
      Yeah it's to complicated for a yes/no possibly add if the price is right and if we can sign quality replacements too.

I've just clicked yes by mistake too haha can anyone change my vote please?

Voting with only 2 options seems to complicated for you, sure you want to see additional options :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2071: Aug 17, 2017 12:25:47 pm
      Yes but I don't see how holding on to him makes us any stronger... He could fain injury for a good part of the season. Back pain is the hardest thing to disprove... Would be better off getting another player in and trying ti utilize them, and using some of the money for VVD

he simply can't and won't do that, he has to play and play well to get into the Brasil world cup squad, no way he dumps on that. We have him by the short and curlies and he bloody well knows it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2072: Aug 17, 2017 12:28:19 pm
      he simply can't and won't do that, he has to play and play well to get into the Brasil world cup squad, no way he dumps on that. We have him by the short and curlies and he bloody well knows it.
      It's spelt Brazil. I seen few people spell it wrongly. It's no big deal, just thought  I'd mention it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2073: Aug 17, 2017 12:28:59 pm
      Barcelona have offered Liverpool £118m for 25-year-old Brazilian midfielder Philippe Coutinho.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/637948/Alexis-Sanchez-Man-City-Arsenal-transfer-news-gossip
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2074: Aug 17, 2017 12:30:24 pm
      If true, I think that £120+ m will see him sold
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2075: Aug 17, 2017 12:30:59 pm
      It's spelt Brazil. I seen few people spell it wrongly. It's no big deal, just thought  I'd mention it.

Spelt Brasil in Brasil mate and that's what I'm sticking with. Fantastic country.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #2076: Aug 17, 2017 12:31:39 pm
      Voting with only 2 options seems to complicated for you, sure you want to see additional options :D

Haha good point it's my stupid chubby fingers on this phone.

Don't even know if I did actually press sell but it just looked like when the screen was changing.

Could have been no because the results don't display till you've voted do they.

Either way I still think we should keep him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2077: Aug 17, 2017 12:33:03 pm

Oh I'm sure we can squeeze an extra £12 million out of the fuckers and all up front as well! if they do that, £130 million, then I say sell the little pr**k and then we go get Keita and VVD, offer them whatever it takes.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2078: Aug 17, 2017 12:34:36 pm
      Spelt Brasil in Brasil mate and that's what I'm sticking with. Fantastic country.
      I guess it is a bit like how the Chinese word for China is Zhongguo then.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2079: Aug 17, 2017 12:36:17 pm
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2080: Aug 17, 2017 12:37:46 pm
      Oh I'm sure we can squeeze an extra £12 million out of the fuckers and all up front as well! if they do that, £130 million, then I say sell the little pr**k and then we go get Keita and VVD, offer them whatever it takes.
      Would like that, but not sure we will get it... Also not sure of Keita this season..
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #2081: Aug 17, 2017 12:38:07 pm

They make stuff up. sh*t source
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2082: Aug 17, 2017 12:39:16 pm
      You may want to rethink that post buddy. 😕
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #2083: Aug 17, 2017 12:40:47 pm
      Yes but I don't see how holding on to him makes us any stronger... He could fain injury for a good part of the season. Back pain is the hardest thing to disprove... Would be better off getting another player in and trying ti utilize them, and using some of the money for VVD

If, and its a big if, we sold him for lets say 120m and we then put that money towards signing both Keita and VVD this window as well as bringing in another attacking option like Draxler, then I would agree with you - sell him and get rid. I'm a firm believer of getting shut of players who don't want to be here (it appears Klopp is too).

Seriously though, are FSG going to get those deals over the line in 2 weeks time? They've had two and a half months of the window so far and we've only signed Salah (who we dragged our heels over for weeks) and two kids who I wouldn't consider as players who walk into our first 11.

Coutinho is that good and that important to us that one player coming in won't justify selling him. I'm shitting myself that we will sell him and that NO players will come in. Imagine that?

We are much weaker without coutinho, he is our best player, so unless we make (in my opinion) three major signings before he leaves then we simply can't let him go.

Its world cup year so if he wants his spot on that plane to Russia and if he wants clubs to interested clubs to remain interested in him then he will have to get over his sore back and start scoring goals for us again.

Kopite78
      Reply #2084: Aug 17, 2017 12:47:24 pm

Kind of I guess  :-\

It's just spelt Brasil in Portuguese
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #2085: Aug 17, 2017 12:47:40 pm
      So is Klopp the problem here? Wants to get rid of Coutinho but wont bring anyone in if they are not his Plan A signings.

I'm not sure Klopp is a 'problem'  as such but I think you're right to highlight the issue. As I see it, there are two stand-offs at the moment:

Coutinho and Liverpool - Coutinho wants to leave, we don't want him to go ... there is an ongoing battle of wills there

There is another battle of wills between FSG and Klopp. Klopp will be aware of how we have spent in years gone by on 'cheaper' options who have added little or value to the team. He might not have been here at the time, but he will know about Carroll replacing Torres, Balotelli replacing Suarez.

There will have been 'cheaper' options presented to him for Keita and for VVD and he's sticking to his guns. I think FSG have set a figure for both that is the maximum they will pay and both their current clubs are saying emphatic No's to those figures. We've hoping that our name will unsettle both players enough to force their respective clubs to sell them anyway and, so far, that plan has not worked at all

The irony is, of course, that Barcelona are trying to do exactly the same thing to us with Coutinho. We can't criticise them in any way because it's exactly what we've been doing with VVD and Keita.

However, I think that Klopp is playing hardball with the owners to try and pressure them into paying more for VVD and Keita ... I hope he succeeds, and if the defence continues to play in the way they have so far, it will be harder for the owners to continue to say no to Klopp
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2086: Aug 17, 2017 12:50:46 pm

i thought it was 中国, 中华
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2087: Aug 17, 2017 12:51:47 pm
      If, and its a big if, we sold him for lets say 120m and we then put that money towards signing both Keita and VVD this window as well as bringing in another attacking option like Draxler, then I would agree with you - sell him and get rid. I'm a firm believer of getting shut of players who don't want to be here (it appears Klopp is too).

Seriously though, are FSG going to get those deals over the line in 2 weeks time? They've had two and a half months of the window so far and we've only signed Salah (who we dragged our heels over for weeks) and two kids who I wouldn't consider as players who walk into our first 11.

Coutinho is that good and that important to us that one player coming in won't justify selling him. I'm shitting myself that we will sell him and that NO players will come in. Imagine that?

We are much weaker without coutinho, he is our best player, so unless we make (in my opinion) three major signings before he leaves then we simply can't let him go.

Its world cup year so if he wants his spot on that plane to Russia and if he wants clubs to interested clubs to remain interested in him then he will have to get over his sore back and start scoring goals for us again.

I often find myself agreeing with your posts, and again word for word I concur.

Although, that last paragraph - apparently he's even willing to lose his Brazil place and basically sit in the stands if he doesn't get his move, he's also apparently stated he's already played his last game for Pool.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #2088: Aug 17, 2017 12:57:09 pm
      Some bloody stupid comments on here about transfer prices going down in the future so best to sell up now.

Please remind me, since the start of the premier league, when has that happened?

Setanta Sports collapsed in 2009 because they agreed to pay the Premier League more money than they recieved in subscription fees and advertising. Sky stepped in so it did not have a huge impact ... However, Sky's TV viewing figures fell 14% last season - the first time they have dropped in over seven years:

https://www.ft.com/content/45e8a3e8-4d1e-11e7-a3f4-c742b9791d43

The price of watching football on TV (in the UK at least) has gone up and too many people cannot afford it. Across the country, people are having to live on less - yet they are having to pay hundreds of pounds more to watch the likes of Wayne Rooney so that he can continue to get his six-figure weekly wage.

It would not surprise me at all if the whole thing imploded, in the way that it did with Setanta. This would leave clubs royally f%*ed because they will all have budgeted for tens of millions of TV money that they would no longer be getting.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #2089: Aug 17, 2017 01:00:45 pm
      Yeah it's to complicated for a yes/no possibly add if the price is right

One man's final price is another man's starting price.

You either want to sell him for what will (lets all agree here) be a shed load of money that we've never received for a player before or you think the club should refuse to sell this window.

I don't think this vote is going to be a binding result on Fenway Sports Group! ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #2090: Aug 17, 2017 01:06:43 pm
      Kind of I guess  :-\

It's just spelt Brasil in Portuguese

You mean they don't speak Brazilian there? ;D
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #2091: Aug 17, 2017 01:07:49 pm
      Also a strong DOF could tell Klopp to stop being so petty about players like Coutinho and Sakho. If they are genuinely disruptive then ok but when we are in the position of being unable to secure a new CB and AM then FFS reintegrate the French and Brasil international ones we have, don't freeze them out and agitate to have them sold!!
      Fully agree with you here ... I admire Klopp for insisting we only sign players of quality but he is doing that as he unnecessarily freezes out players with quality. We all saw Sakho's performances for Palace last season - I'd like to think Klopp can bring Sakho back in for Lovren after how he played against Watford and Hoffenheim
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2092: Aug 17, 2017 01:09:32 pm
      You mean they don't speak Brazilian there? ;D

Nope, they speak an old version of Portugese, same as how the South Africans, Afrikans, speak a very old version of Dutch, almost like meeting someone speaking Elizabethan English, doth thee understandeth ;-)

Quick Reply