Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287935 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2231: Aug 18, 2017 05:36:21 pm
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #2232: Aug 18, 2017 05:41:36 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2233: Aug 18, 2017 05:45:00 pm
      Take the money you lunatics!!! He's not worth that much in a month of Sunday's!

The way the market is these days is anyone worth the money clubs are asking? However, if they can get it good luck to them. Good business tactics by the owners but unfortunately that doesn't win you trophies. Going to be really interesting if he stays though.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2234: Aug 18, 2017 05:45:40 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2235: Aug 18, 2017 05:48:32 pm
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2236: Aug 18, 2017 05:49:01 pm
      This is becoming a bit like the Mascherano saga.

or VVD or Dembele....several going on like that right now.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2237: Aug 18, 2017 05:49:50 pm
      Think the best solution here is try sign Draxler and give Coutinho his year long swan song, gives Draxler year to adjust Couts gets his move.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 453 
      Reply #2238: Aug 18, 2017 05:50:43 pm
      I think that Coutinho is the ideal replacement for Neymar.  Yeh he won't score the goals but will provide the service to Messi and Suarez.  One might say that he would be a better choice than Neymar. 

He has made the mistake maybe because he felt the interest of Barca and with the club not showing no interest whatsoever, he tried to make it happen.   What we have to do is to wrestle with the situation and keep our best player.  It is how the top clubs go about it and we have done it in the past.   We just can't afford to let him go so soon after his head gets turned unless their is a massive incentive for us,  regardless it makes us a selling club for the future.  We have to be strong.   As for keeping our best player, Barca has lost their best player so it can happen.  But we have to look at our own reputation of keeping our most important players.

With how the situation is we might have to adjust our actions as fans too.  In situations like this we might have to be more forgiving it is damn hard, but it seems the way.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #2239: Aug 18, 2017 05:52:06 pm
      Why do I still have a feeling that one big deal will unblock the whole Barca, Liverpool, Leipzig, Southampton "impasse" like a pint of Cod Liver Oil and a bowl of prunes would a constipated 5yr old......?🤔

NB - before deadline day......
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2240: Aug 18, 2017 05:53:54 pm
      I think that Coutinho is the ideal replacement for Neymar.  Yeh he won't score the goals but will provide the service to Messi and Suarez.  One might say that he would be a better choice than Neymar. 

He has made the mistake maybe because he felt the interest of Barca and with the club not showing no interest whatsoever, he tried to make it happen.   What we have to do is to wrestle with the situation and keep our best player.  It is how the top clubs go about it and we have done it in the past.   We just can't afford to let him go so soon after his head gets turned unless their is a massive incentive for us,  regardless it makes us a selling club for the future.  We have to be strong.   As for keeping our best player, Barca has lost their best player so it can happen.  But we have to look at our own reputation of keeping our most important players.

With how the situation is we might have to adjust our actions as fans too.  In situations like this we might have to be more forgiving it is damn hard, but it seems the way.

Despite the fact that Suarez sh*t on the club, not once, but twice, plenty on here would have him back, and continue to worship him as some kind of hero, so it seems that ship has already sailed.

As far as I'm concerned, he acted the c**t and I wouldn't entertain having him back just so he could get another big pay day.
      F**k him.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #2241: Aug 18, 2017 05:54:48 pm
      or VVD or Dembele....several going on like that right now.

Am also wondering why the club is releasing statements on Couti telling Klopp that he doesn't want to play for LFC anymore (is it to eventually sell?) . That is, assuming Joyce is getting this information from the club
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #2242: Aug 18, 2017 05:56:50 pm
      This is becoming a bit like the Mascherano saga.

That's the difference between Hicks and Gillette and FSG.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2243: Aug 18, 2017 05:57:38 pm
      So apparently they offered 82 million including add-ons if Coutinho wins the Ballon d'Or?  :lmao: :lmao:
      If that's the case, get fu**ed Barca. Get absolutely fu**ed you cu*ts.
      I would turn down every future offers from them unless it involves Suarez going the other way.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #2244: Aug 18, 2017 05:58:57 pm
      That's the difference between Hicks and Gillette and FSG.

Jeez this is like the 3 cups and the pea game.......show me again cos I missed it the first time 😲
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #2245: Aug 18, 2017 05:59:50 pm
      Why do I still have a feeling that one big deal will unblock the whole Barca, Liverpool, Leipzig, Southampton "impasse" like a pint of Cod Liver Oil and a bowl of prunes would a constipated 5yr old......?🤔

NB - before deadline day......

I'm not sure ... the thing that links Keita, VVD and Coutinho is that they are on long contracts at their current clubs with no Buy-Out clause. One big deal would change nothing because you'd still have three separate club owners to persuade and they'd all be worried about selling the sale to their supporters and finding a suitable replacement
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #2246: Aug 18, 2017 06:00:50 pm
      Jeez this is like the 3 cups and the pea game.......show me again cos I missed it the first time 😲

???
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #2247: Aug 18, 2017 06:01:12 pm
      Philippe Cuntinho?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2248: Aug 18, 2017 06:03:01 pm
      Can't understand why everybody is getting their knickers in an extra twist because of the "Coutinho has told Klopp he doesn't want to play for the club again" comments.

What do you think he handed in a transfer request but said he wants to play for us again?
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #2249: Aug 18, 2017 06:04:22 pm
      So apparently they offered 82 million including add-ons if Coutinho wins the Ballon d'Or?  :lmao: :lmao:
      If that's the case, get fu**ed Barca. Get absolutely fu**ed you cu*ts.
      I would turn down every future offers from them unless it involves Suarez going the other way.

Yeah, exactly ... Barcelona have run out of cash because they want Dembele too so now they're throwing in all sorts of "add-ons" but essentially offering the same up front
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 453 
      Reply #2250: Aug 18, 2017 06:07:39 pm
      Despite the fact that Suarez sh*t on the club, not once, but twice, plenty on here would have him back, and continue to worship him as some kind of hero, so it seems that ship has already sailed.

As far as I'm concerned, he acted the c**t and I wouldn't entertain having him back just so he could get another big pay day.
      F**k him.

I hold the same sentiment for Suarez too.  Would not be interested in him coming back to the club.  He had his chance it is over for me.  But we held on to him for another season and for me that also one of the ingredients for long term success.  Or else we become a Southampton.  But I am thinking to be able to wrestle in these situations it will be help that whilst they are here we don't go over the top.  It is hard but I think it will help in the future.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2251: Aug 18, 2017 06:10:11 pm
      Barcelona would try to scam us anyway. That 15m add on? probably based on if Coutinho flies to the moon during his first season or some other b*llsh*t that will never happen.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2252: Aug 18, 2017 06:13:40 pm
      We shouldn't sell our best player
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2253: Aug 18, 2017 06:14:10 pm
      I hold the same sentiment for Suarez too.  Would not be interested in him coming back to the club.  He had his chance it is over for me.  But we held on to him for another season and for me that also one of the ingredients for long term success.  Or else we become a Southampton.  But I am thinking to be able to wrestle in these situations it will be help that whilst they are here we don't go over the top.  It is hard but I think it will help in the future.

It's important to show teams we can't be bullied into selling, and let's face it, Barca fancied their chances again with Coutinho.

It's a bit of a different scenario though, because if Suarez hadn't bitten someone (for the 3rd time) I think the owners would have made him stick to his contract, but as things stood, he turned into an absolute PR nightmare for the club.

Personally, I think Coutinho has been badly advised by a bloke trying to get himself another big pay out.
      Kia Joorabchian really is a piece of sh*t, and I think he's doing what's best for himself rather than the player.

Quick Reply