Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Hoffenheim - UEFA CL Playoff Leg 2 Wed 23 Aug 7:45pm BST

Read 9337 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Hoffenheim - UEFA CL Playoff Leg 2 Wed 23 Aug 7:45pm BST
      Reply #46: Aug 23, 2017 02:10:51 am
      Attack early and cripple them with a goal and than counter from then on. Easier said than done, but they are in a position that should be suitable for us to open up early on. I REALLY like our chances tomorrow. I'm taking off and hope to be 3 beers in by kickoff (3 pm my time)

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Hoffenheim - UEFA CL Playoff Leg 2 Wed 23 Aug 7:45pm BST
      Reply #47: Aug 23, 2017 02:15:51 am

Never forget the love glove when banging a mistress club. Rookie mistake.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017 02:20:07 am by bigvYNWA »
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #48: Aug 23, 2017 07:02:44 am
      Word is Can has the same illness as Phil but apparently he will be ready to play, unlike Phil.

Because he Can Can Can, whilst its Coutih - no

I'll get my coat
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #49: Aug 23, 2017 10:38:26 am
      Origi is a one goal in 4 games kinda guy. 1 in 3 is below par, but not awful. 1 in 2 is good. He's half of good.

Team is good but ...

Solanke full 90 mins not Origi.

Robertson is au naturelle at left back   certainly not Moreno .

Gone for 2-0 .

Origi over Solanke? You been for a smoke at the Emirates?

Origi is a one goal in 4 games kinda guy. 1 in 3 is below par, but not awful. 1 in 2 is good. He's half of good.

I may have a soft spot for Origi, I think he will start tonight and hopefully score couple of goals to get his confidence back. He's decent but I agree he is out of form.

:couch:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #50: Aug 23, 2017 10:44:52 am
      Don't think he'll play but would have thought tonight would have suited Origi.

They'll have to go for it and Origi seems to shine when he gets threaded the ball on those quick counters.  Wouldn't be the world's biggest gamble if he were involved.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #51: Aug 23, 2017 10:56:20 am

They'll have to go for it and Origi seems to shine when he gets threaded the ball on those quick counters.  Wouldn't be the world's biggest gamble if he were involved.

Agree they play with 3 Centre backs not the quickest and a fairly high line, definitely the sort of game which would suit Divock but doubt he will start.

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      Reply #52: Aug 23, 2017 11:02:38 am

There is one, who is on the same page as me. They need to play football and Origi loves those pockets of space where he can stretch his legs through those runs.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #53: Aug 23, 2017 11:50:58 am
      We need height inside Hoff's box and Solanke has to start to bully defenders in the air. Solanke looks to be capable of bulldozing pass defenders and this is the kind of players we needed for a long time.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017 11:58:31 am by redkop63 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #54: Aug 23, 2017 11:56:05 am
      We need height inside Hoff's box and Solanke has to start to bully defenders in the air.

You are expecting a 19 year old who has not started a PL game never mind CL to come in and bully grown up experienced Centre Backs?

Don't see it see it myself.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #55: Aug 23, 2017 12:08:21 pm
      You are expecting a 19 year old who has not started a PL game never mind CL to come in and bully grown up experienced Centre Backs?

Don't see it see it myself.

Age doesn't matter, if you're good you're good, the opposite is true. There's no rule in the game to say that a 19 year old player cannot outrun, out-tackled and winning headers against more experience players. Did you watch him closely in those games? Why does he needs to feel inferior? He has the height and looks to be a confident lad to take on defenders. The opposite is also true to say that these young players are easier to condition them to be fighters compared to many of the deadwoods in the squad now. Common, let's have some confidence in ourselves with these young players and drop those defeatists attitude.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #56: Aug 23, 2017 12:14:44 pm
      Age doesn't matter, if you're good you're good, the opposite is true. There's no rule in the game to say that a 19 year old player cannot outrun, out-tackled and winning headers against more experience players. Did you watch him closely in those games? Why does he needs to feel inferior? He has the height and looks to be a confident lad to take on defenders. The opposite is also true to say that these young players are easier to condition them to be fighters compared to many of the deadwoods in the squad now. Common, let's have some confidence in ourselves with these young players and drop those defeatists attitude.

Of course age matters he has virtually no experience playing in these sort of big games.

He will get his chances slowly but asking him to lead the line in such a big game when we have Firmino and Sturridge it's not going to happen and neither should such pressure be placed on his young shoulders.

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      Reply #57: Aug 23, 2017 12:39:39 pm
      Of course age matters he has virtually no experience playing in these sort of big games.

He will get his chances slowly but asking him to lead the line in such a big game when we have Firmino and Sturridge it's not going to happen and neither should such pressure be placed on his young shoulders.

I agree. If we where lead 3-0, I may include Solanke in starting XI but not for this important game, still very open. Either Origi or Sturridge will lead the line.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #58: Aug 23, 2017 01:10:15 pm

Do the Hoffenheim players have much experience in these sort of games?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #59: Aug 23, 2017 01:33:39 pm

To play Devil's advocate...he played in some pretty big games (for his age group) this past summer and did pretty well. Yea it's not the same as a CL qualifier, I get that...but I wouldn't feel all that uncomfortable with him starting or playing a part (although I don't think he will).
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017 02:28:43 pm by FL Red »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #60: Aug 23, 2017 01:59:52 pm
      Certainly not over this. They did create some decent chances last game, and they know they have to pile on the pressure tonight. They did look dangerous with some of the one touch reverse passing and long diagonal balls so, although I've gone for the win in the predictions, I'm still a bit concerned in case our defensive frailties resurface tonight.
      Certainly all to play for. I expect they will come with a bit of confidence. As their manager said, we were a bit luckier than them first leg, and I sort of agree, we hardly ran away with it did we.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #61: Aug 23, 2017 02:06:12 pm
      Will be interesting who Klopp picks in midfield tonight as that is where the game will be hotly contested.

Hendo is a given which leaves Milner Gini and Can.
      Not the most inspiring from an attacking perspective. Gini ability wise has the most in his locker to play the attacking role, there again he has been completely off the mark so far but does tend to perform in the big games.
      Can will obviously give his all and provide some steel to shield the back 4 and is not as bad as people think going forward but my preference would be for Hendo and Can to swap roles as this plays to they're strengths.
      Not really sure what Milner offers in midfield but you can't doubt his heart and passion.

Personally I would stick with Hendo, Can and Gini.

Seems like Lovren, TAA and Moreno were rested for this game so I expect them to come in for this one.
      And here is the dilemma with Lovren and Moreno combination they will need more help from Hendo and co than they received in the first game.

Up front is easy just save Sturridge for the last 20mins against tiring legs.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #62: Aug 23, 2017 02:16:48 pm
      To play Devil's advocate...he played in some pretty big games (for his age group) this past summer and did pretty well. Yea it's not the same as a CL qualifier, I get that...but I wouldn't feel all that comfortable with him starting or playing a part (although I don't think he will).

If your good enough your old enough.

Just ask Michael Owen.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #63: Aug 23, 2017 02:23:50 pm
      I'm not sure that Hoffenheim need to bomb at us from the off exactly.  They only need to win 2-1 to draw level, so even if we get an early goal, there's no reason for them to go gung ho.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #64: Aug 23, 2017 02:29:25 pm
      I'm not sure that Hoffenheim need to bomb at us from the off exactly.  They only need to win 2-1 to draw level, so even if we get an early goal, there's no reason for them to go gung ho.

Scoring 2 at Anfield, while holding us to even 1 goal is no easy task for a top team, much less Hoffenheim.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #65: Aug 23, 2017 02:35:55 pm
      Scoring 2 at Anfield, while holding us to even 1 goal is no easy task for a top team, much less Hoffenheim.

They are a decent team no doubt but if they're away form was anything like at home they would have won the bundesliga.

We have already beaten them at theirs so no reason to not expect a win esp with the fact that we can even allow them one F**k up from our defence  ;D

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #66: Aug 23, 2017 02:52:12 pm
      Hendo is a given which leaves Milner Gini and Can.

Didn't somebody say Emre Can was ill?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #67: Aug 23, 2017 02:58:49 pm

Well they'll have to attack at some point won't they?? Would be fantastic if they start slow but I expect they will be at our throats form the first second looking for an early goal, as will we.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Aug 23, 2017 02:59:12 pm

For once I agree with you.

Quick Reply