Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Loris Karius
      1 (0.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.7%)
      Emre Can
      48 (34.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      9 (6.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      11 (8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      36 (26.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      19 (13.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (8.7%)
      Marko Grujić
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Voting closed: Aug 31, 2017 05:51:56 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28421 times
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Aug 27, 2017 06:05:47 pm
      Here comes 3 minutes of watching Henderson running his hands through his hair.

How else are they supposed to keep the Nivea sponsorship happy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #507: Aug 27, 2017 06:06:14 pm
      GK was the only one that had a bad game.

Wouldn't say he had a bad game. Didn't have much to do. He could have done better with his feet for sure but couple of the times, Gini and Matip played poor passes back to him. He absolutely smashed a punch when the ball was played into the box, about the only thing I remember him having to do. If that was Migs he'd have been stood on his line watching.

Some dodgy work with the ball but when called upon to do something and command the area, he done it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Arsenal
      Reply #508: Aug 27, 2017 06:06:41 pm
      100/1 for 5-0 useless cu*ts, couldn't even get 5 past that shower! F**k 'em :lmao:

Seriously though had 4-0 too but that was only 40/1 :(

Ratings:

Karius: Didn't have a save to make, thought he commanded his box with a few decent punches but needs to sort the over confidence out on the kicking. Granted nothing came of it but still 3 times is 3 times too many. 6

Moreno: Brilliant, thought he was fantastic the whole game and gave his man nothing, whoever came calling. Winning an aerial duel against Giroud encapsulating a top display by Alby. 8.5

Lovren: His best game in recent times, wasn't put under that much pressure but still did well enough. 7

Matip: Composed as ever, if we could clone him I'd take 4 of them please, he's so, so good. 8

Gomez: A few brilliant blocks, top passing, his game is really showing today and he only got beaten a couple of times and was then bailed out by Hendo. 7.5

Henderson: A mixed bag, his passing was woeful but his pressing and covering was excellent. Should probably have scored or at least done better when he was through 1v1 but great to create the chance in the first place. Got caught once or twice in possession but overall I thought it was a good performance by Hendo. 7.5

Gini: My word what a performance fella, on the high of welcoming his son into the world and it showed. Took too many touches early on but settled into the game so well and absolutely dominated Arsenal's midfield to the point the stopped trying to get the ball off him he was so strong. Passing was fantastic and was simply brilliant. 9

Can: Best performance by Emre I've seen in a long time, people will say that Arsenal's midfield didn't compete but with him and Gini they didn't give them a chance to, far too strong, far too dominant and absolutely blew Arsenal away. Loved that by Emre and just shaded MotM imo. 9

Mane: Will surprise a few but I don't think he was that great today, thought he linked well with Moreno but a lot of what he was trying didn't exactly work but he did score a pure quality goal and that's what will get him some high scores in my opinion. Glad to get him a rest, will do him good and us of course as he is our most potent weapon. 7.5 (that's poor for him :lmao: )

Firmino: Brilliant, great finish from a lovely cross from Salah, absolutely superb work for the 4th where he beat 3 men and got us underway with a fantastic pass. Helped out the defence when he had to and took the fight to the Arsenal lads back there. Also picked up an assist for a nice pass to Mane. Did get caught once and gave Arsenal a bit of a chance when we were 1 up, but other than that it was a top show by Bobby again. 8.5

Salah: I thought he was really, really good, although missed another 1v1 unfortunately. Has to sharpen up on those and his offside trap but was so brave for his break-away goal, going in head first when the feet were flying and then there was no stopping him. Lovely finish too, right into the corner with a bit of swerve about it. Great ball for Studge too to give him a tap in and was also the one providing for Bobby. £37m or whatever it was looks an absolute steal in this day and age, I'd be happy if we'd paid £70m for him, he's pure class. 9

Studge: Did well for his goal, nice movement and finished it from just outside the post with a good header. Other than that his main involvement was really wasting time at the corner and we'd fallen to containment footy but great to see him get on and bag a goal, do him good that and in my opinion this is his best role (impact sub). 6.5

Milner: I like him coming on late, adds tonnes of energy to our midfield when he comes on this late and he nearly broke up and set up a couple of real chances. Good movement and looked hungry. Liked the little that we saw of him there, good introduction and performance for the short minutes. 6.5

Grujic: Not on long enough for a score but did pretty well when he came on, could have been a bit quicker on one break-away but still influenced play and looked comfortable on the ball.

Klopp: Got his tactics absolutely spot on and we battered Arsenal all day long. Changed the keeper and got a clean sheet, that looks good even if he had nothing really to do! :D Honestly think Arsenal set up for a hiding because as Danzel rightly pointed out the played just like Hoffenheim and the tactics worked a treat again. Top stuff Boss! 9
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #509: Aug 27, 2017 06:07:12 pm
      Ironic that we win 4-0 and our GK was the only one that had a bad game.

Gini, Can, Bob or Mané can have MOTM. Voted Can.

Hendo, Matip and Salah outstanding. Moreno and Gomez very good.

Bravo and goodnight.

Have a day off and revel in a keeper who could actually punch the ball.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #510: Aug 27, 2017 06:07:43 pm
      Very dodgy with Lovren and Moreno starting this match. Matip will be panicking already. Klopp is asking for trouble there already.

Klopp should surely give Gruijic a chance to show what he is made of.
      Word-my-I'll-eat in another order spring to mind. Gini, Hendo, Can outstanding but Gruey got on
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #511: Aug 27, 2017 06:09:23 pm
      Looked at Arsenal forum for a second, some on there want big sam to replace Wenger.  :lmao:
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #512: Aug 27, 2017 06:10:07 pm
      Wouldn't say he had a bad game. Didn't have much to do. He could have done better with his feet for sure but couple of the times, Gini and Matip played poor passes back to him. He absolutely smashed a punch when the ball was played into the box, about the only thing I remember him having to do. If that was Migs he'd have been stood on his line watching.

Ah come on mate, why recycle an old criticism? We all know that was the old Mignolet.

Mignolet has been very good in his area for some time and regularly comes for the ball.  Can't be using that old line now.

Karius did do well with his clearances, but he had nothing else to do. That aside, he still managed to looks massively nervous and more susceptible to conceding than Mignolet has been for some time. That's the big worry!

As for the "rest" excuse... that's a big mystery!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #513: Aug 27, 2017 06:11:07 pm
      Anyone would think Arsenal got beaten 4-0 by a five a side team the way Sky are talking.

Liverpool 4 v 0 Arsenal

In case anyone's forgotten.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #514: Aug 27, 2017 06:12:08 pm
      Looked at Arsenal forum for a second, some on there want big sam to replace Wenger.  :lmao:
      Probably Fat Sam himself posting that.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #515: Aug 27, 2017 06:12:12 pm
      What a win and what a brilliant performance. Yes Arsenal were dog sh*te but we pressured them into being so bad.

Could have been 6 or 7.

Unfair to single anyone out after such a good team performance.
      HKIred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 751 posts | 34 
      Reply #516: Aug 27, 2017 06:12:24 pm
      10-0 on target  ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #517: Aug 27, 2017 06:12:40 pm

Some dodgy work with the ball but when called upon to do something and command the area, he done it.

About the same sentiments from me, thought twice it was the pass that caused the issue. Like to hear from someone at the game as to whether he was vocal or not.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #518: Aug 27, 2017 06:13:43 pm

In other words.... BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llyiQ4I-mcQ

:lmao:

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #519: Aug 27, 2017 06:14:29 pm
      Ah come on mate, why recycle an old criticism? We all know that was the old Mignolet.

Mignolet has been very good in his area for some time and regularly comes for the ball.  Can't be using that old line now.

Karius did do well with his clearances, but he had nothing else to do. That aside, he still managed to looks massively nervous and more susceptible to conceding than Mignolet has been for some time. That's the big worry!

Ha ha! Still coming out with some corkers ain't you.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #520: Aug 27, 2017 06:16:13 pm
      Went out for a roast, then into the bar to watch the match, and it was stuffed full of Arsenal fans.

Not by full time though.
      Strangely quiet at the final whistle.

Best team performance since Hoffenheim ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #521: Aug 27, 2017 06:16:22 pm
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #522: Aug 27, 2017 06:16:49 pm
      It was a nice 3 points to get going into the international break however we shouldn't overreact - Arsenal were poor today. Tactically Wenger got it wrong massively and their players really do look like they hate him ... that will probably be one of the easiest games we have this season and it shouldn't mask the longer-standing issues we have with our defence etc.

However, attacking-wise we are looking very strong indeed ... we seem to have a lot of quality attacking options, and that is without Lallana and a certain Brazilian whose name I can't quite remember at the moment.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #523: Aug 27, 2017 06:16:59 pm
      100/1 for 5-0 useless cu*ts, couldn't even get 5 past that shower! F**k 'em :lmao:

Seriously though had 4-0 too but that was only 40/1 :(

Ratings:

Karius: Didn't have a save to make, thought he commanded his box with a few decent punches but needs to sort the over confidence out on the kicking. Granted nothing came of it but still 3 times is 3 times too many. 6

Moreno: Brilliant, thought he was fantastic the whole game and gave his man nothing, whoever came calling. Winning an aerial duel against Giroud encapsulating a top display by Alby. 8.5

Lovren: His best game in recent times, wasn't put under that much pressure but still did well enough. 7

Matip: Composed as ever, if we could clone him I'd take 4 of them please, he's so, so good. 8

Gomez: A few brilliant blocks, top passing, his game is really showing today and he only got beaten a couple of times and was then bailed out by Hendo. 7.5

Henderson: A mixed bag, his passing was woeful but his pressing and covering was excellent. Should probably have scored or at least done better when he was through 1v1 but great to create the chance in the first place. Got caught once or twice in possession but overall I thought it was a good performance by Hendo. 7.5

Gini: My word what a performance fella, on the high of welcoming his son into the world and it showed. Took too many touches early on but settled into the game so well and absolutely dominated Arsenal's midfield to the point the stopped trying to get the ball off him he was so strong. Passing was fantastic and was simply brilliant. 9

Can: Best performance by Emre I've seen in a long time, people will say that Arsenal's midfield didn't compete but with him and Gini they didn't give them a chance to, far too strong, far too dominant and absolutely blew Arsenal away. Loved that by Emre and just shaded MotM imo. 9

Mane: Will surprise a few but I don't think he was that great today, thought he linked well with Moreno but a lot of what he was trying didn't exactly work but he did score a pure quality goal and that's what will get him some high scores in my opinion. Glad to get him a rest, will do him good and us of course as he is our most potent weapon. 7.5 (that's poor for him :lmao: )

Firmino: Brilliant, great finish from a lovely cross from Salah, absolutely superb work for the 4th where he beat 3 men and got us underway with a fantastic pass. Helped out the defence when he had to and took the fight to the Arsenal lads back there. Also picked up an assist for a nice pass to Mane. Did get caught once and gave Arsenal a bit of a chance when we were 1 up, but other than that it was a top show by Bobby again. 8.5

Salah: I thought he was really, really good, although missed another 1v1 unfortunately. Has to sharpen up on those and his offside trap but was so brave for his break-away goal, going in head first when the feet were flying and then there was no stopping him. Lovely finish too, right into the corner with a bit of swerve about it. Great ball for Studge too to give him a tap in and was also the one providing for Bobby. £37m or whatever it was looks an absolute steal in this day and age, I'd be happy if we'd paid £70m for him, he's pure class. 9

Studge: Did well for his goal, nice movement and finished it from just outside the post with a good header. Other than that his main involvement was really wasting time at the corner and we'd fallen to containment footy but great to see him get on and bag a goal, do him good that and in my opinion this is his best role (impact sub). 6.5

Milner: I like him coming on late, adds tonnes of energy to our midfield when he comes on this late and he nearly broke up and set up a couple of real chances. Good movement and looked hungry. Liked the little that we saw of him there, good introduction and performance for the short minutes. 6.5

Grujic: Not on long enough for a score but did pretty well when he came on, could have been a bit quicker on one break-away but still influenced play and looked comfortable on the ball.

Klopp: Got his tactics absolutely spot on and we battered Arsenal all day long. Changed the keeper and got a clean sheet, that looks good even if he had nothing really to do! :D Honestly think Arsenal set up for a hiding because as Danzel rightly pointed out the played just like Hoffenheim and the tactics worked a treat again. Top stuff Boss! 9
      Some great points here.

Agree that some of hendo's passing was shocking, he seems to want to pass the ball like Gerrard, first time without looking, but it didn't come off for him today. Small dose of realism but he played decent enough.

Firmino was unbelievable again today. Maybe our best player technically, his first touch and his ability in tight areas are unrivalled in the premier league imo. My worry is that he plays well when we play well and can't quite change a game like Coutinho.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #524: Aug 27, 2017 06:18:12 pm

go back to Watford shall we?....

Or want to say how Bobby isn't a striker by a long shot?...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #525: Aug 27, 2017 06:18:21 pm
      Brilliant. No more needs saying.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #526: Aug 27, 2017 06:19:45 pm
      How well did Gomez and Moreno play today? They were both excellent
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #527: Aug 27, 2017 06:19:50 pm
      Amazing to see Gomez come in and contribute with an excellent performance. That's trust for you and you wonder where it leaves Nathaniel Clyne. It's become a bit of a cliche but having TAA and Gomez available for us really is like having made a couple of new signings.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5010 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #528: Aug 27, 2017 06:19:58 pm
      Absolutely outstanding, seriously, that performance was one of the best since Jürgen took the helm,

Apart from that bloke between the sticks everyone to a man were brilliant, Can, Gini, Salah, Bobby, all contenders for motm I gave my vote to Emre, world class  performance from him imo, Gini a close second,

WE still need to add quality that's a given, we started last season well too but we all know how it developed, we have more games to play what with CL so it's imperative we add.

Fantastic today Redmen

YNWA

Quick Reply