Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 105196 times
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #161: Aug 29, 2017 05:28:28 am
      Yep, I'd take any of Sanchez, Lemar, Aubameyang as a trade for Origi, that's how it's done. A few days ago that seemed unrealistic, right now it's there.

Thing with our players such as Salah and more so Mane, they could play as strikers anyway. I would much prefer to bring in a different player than Origi and make do with Mane as the striker if we had to rest Firmino. So having a winger to be able to do that makes sense to me.

Honestly drooling at the thought of a first team of:

Mane Firmino Salah
                  Lemar
              Keita Henderson
       Moreno VvD Matip Trent
                     Migs

Karius, Gomez, Lovren, Can, Wijnaldum, Solanke, Sturridge

That challenges for the title without question imo.

If I were a defender I would rather take a no-pay sick day than having to face that.  :laugh:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #162: Aug 29, 2017 06:28:58 am
      You do realise they've broken the club transfer record twice already this season and are doing their very best to make it third time's a charm? We where also in the conversation for Mbappe and whilst we may not have signed him, at least we where taken seriously enough not to be laughed out of town. I've been critical of them in the past but this Summer they're really pulling out all the stops to make a statement of intent. More work needs to be done this Summer, and more moving forward but this has definately been a good start and should be recognised for such.

Obviously we will be able to evaluate things better on Friday morning. If it's Lemar in and Coutinho out will we have got better than we are right now or worse. At least things are happening now, but as I said before they always happen when FSG are selling one of our best players. It was good to hear us bidding for Keita earlier in the window and great that he is coming next year but we are still currently very short. As for VVD who knows, maybe if they had simply put a bid in in the first place he'd be a Liverpool player. As for Mbappe, come on your clutching at straws here, we were never in the conversation.

Let's see what the next two days bring. I'll judge the window based on how much I think we have improved. As things stand currently we're not that much better than we were before. Yes we have started the season well but ditto last season. There is nothing in place to stop us hitting the wall as was the case last season and there is a lot more football to play this time around. If Lemar comes in and Coutinho stays I'll eat my words. I suspect it will be one in one out though and ournet spend will be either negative or negligible.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #163: Aug 29, 2017 09:51:21 am
      Obviously we will be able to evaluate things better on Friday morning. If it's Lemar in and Coutinho out will we have got better than we are right now or worse. At least things are happening now, but as I said before they always happen when FSG are selling one of our best players. It was good to hear us bidding for Keita earlier in the window and great that he is coming next year but we are still currently very short. As for VVD who knows, maybe if they had simply put a bid in in the first place he'd be a Liverpool player. As for Mbappe, come on your clutching at straws here, we were never in the conversation.

Let's see what the next two days bring. I'll judge the window based on how much I think we have improved. As things stand currently we're not that much better than we were before. Yes we have started the season well but ditto last season. There is nothing in place to stop us hitting the wall as was the case last season and there is a lot more football to play this time around. If Lemar comes in and Coutinho stays I'll eat my words. I suspect it will be one in one out though and ournet spend will be either negative or negligible.

I don't understand this point of view, "As things stand currently we're not that much better than we were before."  We have an extra winger, Salah, so our attack gets an extra dimension, we have a proper new LB, Robertson, and a rejuventated one in Moreno. We have TAA and Gomez breaking into the team who if nothing else fills out the squad very nicely. We also have Solanke, Kent and Woodbourne who whilst young give us a few more options in the squad. The ONLY loss we've had is Lucas who whilst being a great servant to the club was really only an ok utility player, fairly ordinary at both CB and DM.
      So from my POV we are in every regard a far stronger team and squad this season and if we can secure VVD and Lemar then we are starting to look very very strong indeed.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #164: Aug 29, 2017 10:45:59 am
      I think almost every club in the PL has broken their transfer record this summer (a sh*t load have anywY) so I don't think that's a good barometer. You'd be f*cking shocked if we didn't spend more than £35m on a player!

What? Not a good barometer for not recieving criticism for criticism's sake? I made it clear more needs to be done but some people on here would criticise FSG for a rainy day. I try to take a more balanced approach. Criticism, and praise, where they're due.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #165: Aug 29, 2017 11:10:31 am
      Origi copping grief but carried us in the second half of Jürgen's first season. He's not bad, just needs regular football and a simpler system, i feel.

He's not bad but he's never going to get a run of games here. Very raw player still imo. A good makeweight in any deal though.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #166: Aug 29, 2017 11:18:32 am
      Just can't see this transfer coming off with Monaco unwilling to sell, what else is in the pipeline ??

Apparently Monaco are close to signing Balde Keita from Lazio who plays in a similar position to Lemar so maybe still a chance of this happening.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #167: Aug 29, 2017 11:36:09 am
      Apparently Monaco are close to signing Balde Keita from Lazio who plays in a similar position to Lemar so maybe still a chance of this happening.

Sky Italia saying Keita for €30M
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #168: Aug 29, 2017 12:01:04 pm
      €80M + Origi is getting crazy, shows we are serious and Klopp wants him badly.
      Don't think we will go any higher.

https://twitter.com/deadlinedaylive/status/902485553165340672
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #169: Aug 29, 2017 12:03:45 pm
      €80M + Origi is getting crazy, shows we are serious and Klopp wants him badly.
      Don't think we will go any higher.

https://twitter.com/deadlinedaylive/status/902485553165340672

Nothing says "goodbye Phil" quite like €80m for a replacement........
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #170: Aug 29, 2017 12:05:30 pm
      Nothing says "goodbye Phil" quite like €80m for a replacement........

But imagine we keep Phil and get Lemar plus VVD?

That's a F***ing window, that.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #171: Aug 29, 2017 12:06:52 pm
      But imagine we keep Phil and get Lemar plus VVD?

That's a f**king window, that.

Where would Lemar play then?

Makes no sense.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #172: Aug 29, 2017 12:21:30 pm

Makes no sense.

Ever heard of a squad??
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #173: Aug 29, 2017 12:22:23 pm

So you spend 80 million on a squad player?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #174: Aug 29, 2017 12:24:36 pm

Why not?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #175: Aug 29, 2017 12:24:49 pm

If you have ambitions, yes, and you are thinking of a squad in the wrong way, think more Rafa rotation.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #176: Aug 29, 2017 12:30:57 pm

Makes no sense.

No you miss the point mate.....he plays.....ickle Phil is in the half time oranges 😉
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #177: Aug 29, 2017 12:32:08 pm
      Thomas Lemar latest - #LFC will increase bid to £75m : ECHO
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #178: Aug 29, 2017 12:35:05 pm
      Theres no way we spend 80 mn on a player and he doesn't start. I would have liked to see Phil remain at the club but it seems we have decided to replace him with Lemar. He seems to be a fantastic player though, got pace, good dribbling, eye for a goal and dead ball skills.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #179: Aug 29, 2017 12:36:42 pm
      If you have ambitions, yes, and you are thinking of a squad in the wrong way, think more Rafa rotation.

I would rather we strengthened our defence as priority if we are keeping Cou.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #180: Aug 29, 2017 12:37:19 pm
      Thomas Lemar latest - #LFC will increase bid to £75m : ECHO

Now that's a bid! Apparently we're also willing to include Origi on loan too.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #181: Aug 29, 2017 12:40:50 pm
      Now that's a bid! Apparently we're also willing to include Origi on loan too.

They're also one of a number of clubs apparently keen on him so it looks like there's a good chance this could go through. You don't hold further talks the day after if you've no intention of selling the player. Most likely it's about hammering out the structure of the deal in a way that's acceptable to both parties.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #182: Aug 29, 2017 12:44:06 pm
      They're also one of a number of clubs apparently keen on him so it looks like there's a good chance this could go through. You don't hold further talks the day after if you've no intention of selling the player. Most likely it's about hammering out the structure of the deal in a way that's acceptable to both parties.

Does seem like we're getting the right noises from Monaco. Apparently they want £92m, granted £75m isn't that close when you think it's a whole £17m! off, but it seems close in football terms, throwing in a make-weight they want. Perhaps we give them a £15m option to buy Origi or something therefore valuing Origi at £30m, splitting the difference to round it up to £90m, works all day that! :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #183: Aug 29, 2017 12:59:10 pm
      https://twitter.com/GrizzKhan/status/902496987999870976

Same fella who has been calling the Keita deal pretty well, although he's revelling in that a little he might actually know something.

What I do know is:

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/902498435064094720

He's surely more a replacement for Lemar than he is Mbappe?!

Quick Reply