Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Malfunctioning Midfield

Read 58043 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Re: Malfunctioning Midfield
      Reply #736: Aug 03, 2023 11:17:17 am
      Are you that naïve to think it’s that easy to get all the signings needed in nice and early

As for coaching and adjusting

How did we do for the last 12 games of the season after Klopp made some changes

There was no pressure on us, there is a difference, a big difference

And we weren’t that good but got awya with it in some games

Come on dude, you must be able to see what’s going to happen, it’s the same as last season

Anyway I’m going to do some work, let’s hope for the best and someone who find some miracles to fix our issues with reserve team players I guess 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,211 posts | 3478 
      Reply #737: Aug 03, 2023 11:20:41 am
      There was no pressure on us, there is a difference, a big difference

And we weren’t that good but got awya with it in some games

Come on dude, you must be able to see what’s going to happen, it’s the same as last season

Anyway I’m going to do some work, let’s hope for the best and someone who find some miracles to fix our issues with reserve team players I guess

Why are people so against giving young players a chance 🤷‍♂️

I’m looking forward to the season and it may well be a bit more exiting and attacking
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #738: Aug 03, 2023 11:21:54 am
      If Jesus was real (and she is not) they would be turning in their graves at how many meltdowns there are on footi forums before the season even kicks off.  :lmao: :mad: :lmao: :mad:

If Jesus was real mate, he saves…..but Mohamed scores the rebound 🤣🤣👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,595 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #739: Aug 03, 2023 11:26:02 am

YNWA

:lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,595 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #740: Aug 03, 2023 11:27:16 am

I’m looking forward to the season and it may well be a bit more exiting and attacking

-ditto-

I'm excited to see these academy lads get more chances this season.

What's the point of having a top quality academy if none make it to 1st team.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      Reply #741: Aug 03, 2023 11:28:47 am
      If Jesus was real (and she is not) they would be turning in their graves at how many meltdowns there are on footi forums before the season even kicks off.  :lmao: :mad: :lmao: :mad:

YNWA
      so do you think we are ready for the start of the season to challenge from Day 1 because I don't. Realism isnt negativity its just looking around what is going on elsewhere and realising we were already playing catch up before Fab and Hendo fu**ed off and seeing the goals Bayern scored looked very much like the goals we conceded last season and going into this season seems defensively we are still weak.

Probably not Walton if I’m honest, but we all know it’s a marathon not a sprint, ideally of course we’d want everyone ready, up and running but that doesn’t always happen or goes to plan,

For me we have solved the woes of last season albeit perhaps a cb short, I think Lavia is imminent but probably won’t feature for the first two/three games to allow him to get up to speed, other than that I see no reason why we won’t be in the mix from the get go ??

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      Reply #742: Aug 03, 2023 11:29:56 am
      Sorry, not sure what happened there, I’m sure our wonderful Mods will fix it 😁👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,124 posts | 3370 
      Reply #743: Aug 03, 2023 12:26:04 pm
      Ah F**k it, might as well end the season now.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 567 posts | 129 
      Reply #744: Aug 03, 2023 12:36:54 pm
      Ah F**k it, might as well end the season now.

Let's just play the last 12 matches
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,124 posts | 3370 
      Reply #745: Aug 03, 2023 12:44:51 pm
      Let's just play the last 12 matches

Nah no point. Seasons already over. 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,595 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #746: Aug 03, 2023 01:26:52 pm
      loving how everyone is now gutted at losing Fab & Hendo, but were slagging them into the ground not long ago. l o l

Remember all the ffs. patter oh no its the brexit midfield again. Well that MF has gone now, and we have to allow all of the new guys and younglings some time to settle etc.

All good. We take it. #YNWA
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #747: Aug 03, 2023 01:59:21 pm

The problem is there is no youngster at cb, it will be the same as last season which you are failing to understand that will be used

And it will also be Gomez used at rb vast majority of the time if Trent isn’t playing

What we need is say matip or Gomez moved on and a quality cb bought in to compete with our main two

So where people are saying we need a cb and rb and you’re saying we have youngsters, what got don’t realise is it’s the old guard that will be used which didn’t do well last season and has not done well in pre season

We also had a weakness in dm which has not been addressed

I do feel the dm issue will be fixed but it’s been left to last moment with the new season starting soon  which is really poor stuff

It’s like we are make doing with bandages such as jones in dm for the season starting

Klopp will play a high line and imagine matip or Gomez having to cover Trent going in the middle

We are repeating the same mistakes from last year and we will get the same results

We should have bought a dm 2 weeks ago and he should be training with the team

Before you say these things take time, they had the whole of june and july there has been time

It feels like we are spurs
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #748: Aug 03, 2023 01:59:47 pm
      loving how everyone is now gutted at losing Fab & Hendo, but were slagging them into the ground not long ago. l o l

Remember all the ffs. patter oh no its the brexit midfield again. Well that MF has gone now, and we have to allow all of the new guys and younglings some time to settle etc.

All good. We take it. #YNWA

We still need some of the new guys ffs 🤦🏾 that’s the issue
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,211 posts | 3478 
      Reply #749: Aug 03, 2023 02:04:01 pm
      The problem is there is no youngster at cb, it will be the same as last season which you are failing to understand that will be used

And it will also be Gomez used at rb vast majority of the time if Trent isn’t playing

What we need is say matip or Gomez moved on and a quality cb bought in to compete with our main two

So where people are saying we need a cb and rb and you’re saying we have youngsters, what got don’t realise is it’s the old guard that will be used which didn’t do well last season and has not done well in pre season

We also had a weakness in dm which has not been addressed

I do feel the dm issue will be fixed but it’s been left to last moment with the new season starting soon  which is really poor stuff

It’s like we are make doing with bandages such as jones in dm for the season starting

Klopp will play a high line and imagine matip or Gomez having to cover Trent going in the middle

We are repeating the same mistakes from last year and we will get the same results

We should have bought a dm 2 weeks ago and he should be training with the team

Before you say these things take time, they had the whole of june and july there has been time

It feels like we are spurs

Matip , Gomez - both back up players

Both very good - Gomez has the pace to cover if needed but they are both squad players who will spend most of the time on the bench

But as for youngsters

Quansah And Koumetio are two very promising players

If we need a rb if TAA is out then Bradley will play
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #750: Aug 03, 2023 02:05:21 pm

Both very good - Gomez has the pace to cover if needed but they are both squad players who will spend most of the time on the bench

But as for youngsters

Do you actually believe Gomez or Matip are good enough in our new system ?

We are playing with fire much like last season mate

Klopp will not be using them much the youngsters this season, he will go with experience

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #751: Aug 03, 2023 02:06:17 pm
      If Gomez was on the market, would anyone pay a transfer fee for him ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,211 posts | 3478 
      Reply #752: Aug 03, 2023 02:07:41 pm
      Do you actually believe Gomez or Matip are good enough in our new system ?

We are playing with fire much like last season mate

Klopp will not be using them much the youngsters this season, he will go with experience

Gomez can be with his pace

But I would expect if Matip is playing then they would adjust to suit the players

In pre season they have done a combination of tactics - don’t expect anything is set in stone
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #753: Aug 03, 2023 02:11:36 pm

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,595 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #754: Aug 03, 2023 02:27:55 pm

But as for youngsters

Agreed.

We do need another defender of some sort though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,417 posts | 6418 
      Reply #755: Aug 03, 2023 02:50:36 pm

So you don't think Gomez is good enough for us and we should get rid, but then you turn around and question if anyone would pay for him. I'm not sure what point you are trying to drive home?

If no one would pay for him then I guess there's no use trying to sell him? Or do you just randomly want to cut a player that if he plays to his potential still has value to the club? That seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,320 posts | 4956 
      Reply #756: Aug 03, 2023 02:52:01 pm

Yes.

Can't be any more simple than that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,320 posts | 4956 
      Reply #757: Aug 03, 2023 03:02:34 pm
      Back on topic and the end of last season and this preseason it seems we've developed into a box style midfield once Trent steps in and could be the reason we haven't been targeting an out and out 6 and have let Fabinho go.

Two sitting and two attacking midfielders definitely suits us in terms of attacking midfielders we just need to sort out the 2 sitters.

As I said in the Tactics thread though it's how we set up behind midfield that's more concerning in the shirt term as we are very imbalanced at the back.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,124 posts | 3370 
      Reply #758: Aug 03, 2023 05:31:37 pm
      You win games by outscoring your opponents, not keeping the most clean sheets.

So F**k the back line, F**k the defensive midfielders and go all out attack. Win every game 5-4 and win the F***ing lot.

Alisson

Alexander-Arnold
      Eliott Szoboszlai Mac Allister Jones
      Salah Gakpo Diaz
      Jota Nunez

Quick Reply