Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Spurs 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion

Read 35443 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Spurs 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion
      Reply #667: Oct 22, 2017 06:55:15 pm
      He needs to be more flexible with his line up. He plays 4-3-3 every week. I said he should be playing 4-4-2, should of kept it tight, we were at them from the off, the back 4 taking a high line. Lovren to high, first goal, second goal Lovren charging forward not that far from the half way line.

We need to give the defense more cover, we can't just go at from the off and expect this defense to actually do their job. We have to build from the back, build some confidence to actually defend.

4-4-2 ?, don't have a left footed midfielder,  get overrun in midfield, 4-2-3-1 jis probably the best formation with the players we have
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #668: Oct 22, 2017 06:55:50 pm
      One of the many depressing things that struck my watching that crap today was neither of our 3 midfielders that stared in midfield (Can, Hendo, Milner) can tackle a football to save their lifes. I agree fully that we need a better class CB defender (obviously) but we need a disciplined composed defensive midfielder to mop the sh*t up and Jordan Henderson is not that player
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #669: Oct 22, 2017 06:55:51 pm
      Right lads - Halloween's coming up next week.

Who's going as Lovren and Mignolet?
      Scariest costume you could have.

Started watching the recording, turned it off at halftime. No use torturing myself. Feel for those that pay money to go and watch that shower.
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #670: Oct 22, 2017 06:56:42 pm
      After that s*it I would go with a completely changed starting 11 next game, few have blown there chance now.
                             Ward
      Milner     Matip    Gomez      Robertson
                              Gini
                    Ox                  Couts
      Salah            Solanke            Woodburn

Surely wouldnt be any worse than todays mess??
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #671: Oct 22, 2017 06:57:35 pm
      No surprise that we we conceded so many goals on the left side with the great combo of headless chicken Moreno and calamity Lovren. But Klopp still thinks it is ok, is he having maximum arrogance or what? Why buy Roberson and Alex when he doesn;t wanna use them??? Saving them up for what? Both are better than the 2 donkeys.
      Harrisimo

• 8,391 posts | 1422 
      Reply #672: Oct 22, 2017 06:58:29 pm
      He needs to be more flexible with his line up. He plays 4-3-3 every week. I said he should be playing 4-4-2, should of kept it tight, we were at them from the off, the back 4 taking a high line. Lovren to high, first goal, second goal Lovren charging forward not that far from the half way line.

We need to give the defense more cover, we can't just go at from the off and expect this defense to actually do their job. We have to build from the back, build some confidence to actually defend.

On second thoughts it was our defense wot got us into this mess in the first place, so handing them the future of the club might not be wise.

So its attack, attack, attack...and if that doesn't work attack again till the bas**rds give in......'ave it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,225 posts | 4419 
      Reply #673: Oct 22, 2017 07:00:25 pm
      Surely time to give Ward a chance and if not then F***ing stick with Karius till the January window.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #674: Oct 22, 2017 07:01:17 pm
      One of the many depressing things that struck my watching that crap today was neither of our 3 midfielders that stared in midfield (Can, Hendo, Milner) can tackle a football to save their lifes. I agree fully that we need a better class CB defender (obviously) but we need a disciplined composed defensive midfielder to mop the sh*t up and Jordan Henderson is not that player

Again, singling out Hendo, today of all days !! Pathetic.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #675: Oct 22, 2017 07:02:40 pm
      Ok, we can put all the blame on Lovren and I fully agreed but I have watched the goals conceded again and we could have avoided 2 of the goals if our players don't ball watch in our own box and marked Spurs players closely. Pure lazy bas**rds deserves to be shipped out.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #676: Oct 22, 2017 07:03:54 pm
      Surely time to give Ward a chance and if not then f**king stick with Karius till the January window.

Personally would give Ward a try, having seen what Karius can do.
      Bit of a concern alright that Jürgen is not playing him, in that maybe he's not ready, or something else.
      But I'd be willing to give the lad a try.

There is no silver bullet here though.
      We simply don't have a DeGea, Courtois, Loris in the squad.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #677: Oct 22, 2017 07:04:28 pm
      Was just thinking how it could have been different had the 3rd goal not gone in before the break...

I hope Mignolet has played his last game for the club.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #678: Oct 22, 2017 07:05:47 pm
      Again, singling out Hendo, today of all days !! Pathetic.

It's not Jordan Hendersons fault he's not a competent defensive midfielder any more than it's not Christian Eriksen's. I'm not getting at Jordan Henderson I like him as a player, look at that pass today for Salah but you see him at times playing like a 3rd centre back and it's not his role
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #679: Oct 22, 2017 07:10:50 pm
      Right lads - Halloween's coming up next week.

Who's going as Lovren and Mignolet?

I'm going as Gini. You won't see me but I swear I'm there!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #680: Oct 22, 2017 07:12:27 pm
      Individual mistakes fu**ed us up big time today. Can, Mignolet, Lovren and Matip.

We got what we deserved.
      DanMann

• 5,796 posts | 892 
      Re: LIVE: Tottenham v Liverpool - October 22nd 16.00 GMT
      Reply #681: Oct 22, 2017 07:16:31 pm
      4-1 down and Studge comes on to save us.

He didn't come on to save us. He came on to preserve and protect Firmino after a pointless game.

If you think Klopp had goals in mind, he would have prepared his side better and brought him on sooner. The game was dead already. Just a usual pointless sub. Not the player. The tactic.
      DanMann

• 5,796 posts | 892 
      Reply #682: Oct 22, 2017 07:19:24 pm
      No surprise that we we conceded so many goals on the left side with the great combo of headless chicken Moreno and calamity Lovren. But Klopp still thinks it is ok, is he having maximum arrogance or what? Why buy Roberson and Alex when he doesn;t wanna use them??? Saving them up for what? Both are better than the 2 donkeys.

Curious isn't it that we conceded 2 goals with Lovren on, and yet still 2 goals without him?
      DanMann

• 5,796 posts | 892 
      Reply #683: Oct 22, 2017 07:21:39 pm
      Was just thinking how it could have been different had the 3rd goal not gone in before the break...

I hope Mignolet has played his last game for the club.

Why? Is it the transfer window? Do we have another option?

No, we have Karius and Ward. Both been tried and yet Mignolet is better than both.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #684: Oct 22, 2017 07:28:59 pm
      If we look at things objectively - which isn't easy after a result and performance like this - there are three key points that need stating:

1) The defence and goalkeepers are not good enough. Moreno has improved a bit and Matip occasionally plays like someone who knows what he is meant to be doing but there are too many others in that back 5 who routinely make individual errors that leak goals.

2) The players in the back five have been together for over a year now. We only added one defender in the Summer who has hardly played. The players who played today have been at the club for some time. Yet they still make the same basic errors. To me, this reflects on the coaching staff. The coaching staff work with them in training day in day out and should be makng them better players. They aren't. If anything, under the current coaching staff setup they seem to be getting worse.

3) Despite making so many individual errors last season and it being so clear that we need better players in those positions we sold Sakho, a France international Centre-back, and Lucas, a Brazil international midfielder who could play at Centre-back. This needs to be questioned because we let those guys go on an assumption that we would get Keita and Van Dijk. We got neither and are now even worse off defensively.

So, however you look at things, it is pretty bleak. The players are piss poor and have been for some time, the coaching staff are worryingly ineffective and seem to be doing absolutely nothing constructive with the players in training, and the transfer business of the club is - at best - naive, and - at worst - plain stupid. The one person who has a hand in all of these things is Klopp. I can see why Klopp pulled Lovren off after 30 mins today - Lovren was not playing well and Klopp was probably frustrated. But what Klopp was doing was blaming Lovren for that defensive fiasco and I don't agree with him on that. It's not Lovren's fault we sold Sakho, it's not Lovren's fault that the VVD deal fell through because Klopp was dumb enough to send him coaching videos while he was still a Southampton player, it's not Lovren's fault that our coaching staff are useless t*ats who seem to know nothing about football ... it's Klopp's fault. If Klopp wants to blame anyone for todays mess then he needs to go and find a mirror.
      rossyred

• 9,312 posts | 1671 
      Re: LIVE: Tottenham v Liverpool - October 22nd 16.00 GMT
      Reply #685: Oct 22, 2017 08:15:24 pm
      You want to turn on him, that's your choice.

You'd be wrong to but you've got some ammunition now so go right ahead and make your case.

I'll tell you now that he'll turn this around, top 4 will be tough this season but I still fancy us to get there. That, imo, was our toughest remaining away fixture but we need to cut out the individual mistakes and that is much harder than it sounds.

Read your post again you are saying the poster should not turn on Klopp as it individual mistakes that are costing us but its him who is picking the individuals and they are making the same mistakes
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,225 posts | 4419 
      Reply #686: Oct 22, 2017 08:19:03 pm
      Won't get a more honest assessemrnt than this.

https://twitter.com/theanfieldwrap/status/922154387807637504
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #687: Oct 22, 2017 08:21:31 pm
      Read your post again you are saying the poster should not turn on Klopp as it individual mistakes that are costing us but its him who is picking the individuals and they are making the same mistakes

Oh I'm not absolving Jürgen of picking them, of course he takes a huge slice of responsibility for it. I am saying that I think it's loyalty, misguided belief that they can be better, or simply arrogance (check his thread) that caused those decisions. I believe it's the former, but that loyalty should now be well and truly spent.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #688: Oct 22, 2017 08:25:57 pm
      "It's okay Jürgen, I'll play my reserves next weekend,just don't let me down" ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #689: Oct 22, 2017 08:27:15 pm

Agree with all, actually cheered me up a little too!

Quick Reply