Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (4.8%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      5 (6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (7.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      61 (73.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: Nov 29, 2017 07:33:03 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28302 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Nov 25, 2017 08:15:52 pm
      Flopp cost us the game with that sh** decision to bring on a mid after the goal, should of been mane, firminho etc.

You on a wind up?

You give me a + & leave the following comment :

DeanoLFC   He flopped big time.   In topic   Today at 08:08:23 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,029 posts | 3960 
      Reply #392: Nov 25, 2017 08:16:30 pm
      The sad thing for me is, if Chelsea score first they see out the lead. The defensive problems need solving ASAP or this will keep happening!

Until the root cause is confronted our deficiencies at the back will cost us points, how many F***ing seasons does this have to go on?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #393: Nov 25, 2017 08:17:00 pm
      If Mignolet stopped waiting until the next century to come around and moved his feet when the ball comes towards him we'd be talking about how Klopp expertly managed to get us through without having to use our top line of attackers. Sadly Klopp has too much trust to realise that certain players out there will continue to let him down miserably and because he continues to start them I suppose, in the end, it all falls down on his shoulders.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #394: Nov 25, 2017 08:17:05 pm
      People. People,People...Klopp can take little blame for this... Chelsea fielded a team that could beat most in the premier league and are only one of two team that Imo' has real game changes on their bench (the other being Man City) Klopp does not have that on his bench... I think Chelsea gave us more respect than we deserved and i'm glad that did
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,463 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #395: Nov 25, 2017 08:18:18 pm
      I think he doesnā€™t care. Suarez and Carra will. Theyā€™ll feel hurt and come back with a revenge.

This guy just gets on with life. I strongly believe. Doesnā€™t get affected by any of this sh*te. What a great character.

You know that for a fact eh ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,029 posts | 3960 
      Reply #396: Nov 25, 2017 08:19:14 pm
      Flopp cost us the game with that sh** decision to bring on a mid after the goal, should of been mane, firminho etc.

Behave your F***ing self.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #397: Nov 25, 2017 08:20:50 pm
      If we win at Stoke due to fresh ManƩ, Gini, Lallana and Firminho I'll be alright with Klopp's decision. Maybe he figured he had a better chance to beat Stoke than Chelski and saved his ammo?

Still, how can we play so fearful and defensive after we scored? For the second time! In modern football a 1-0 is merely an invitation to sit back and prepare for coutner attacks. But we did nothing, we just bombed the balls out of our box to the next Chelski player. When Chelski scored we went back to play our normal style football, but then it was too late.  :mad:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,204 posts | 1101 
      Reply #398: Nov 25, 2017 08:22:06 pm
      Damned if he does.. Damned if he doesn't.
      If he brings on an attacking player, then he needs to learn to manage games better. If he brings on  a mid, then he has no tactical nous.

I donā€™t see it quite that way. I see his issues being when he brings them on. Why does he always wait until something happens to be reactive? Why not coach proactive? Heā€™s a funny guy and his attacking style is awesome to watch. But there are some tactical short comings there that a lot of people ignore. There is also some arrogance to his personality that bleeds over into our results. VVD was the only ā€œKloppā€ CB on the market this year. How scary is the thought that Van Dijk was the only player in Klopps eyes that was worthy of improving our defense? From an unskilled stupid American I have seen about 15 that could have had Lovern picking splinters out his ass all season.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #399: Nov 25, 2017 08:23:36 pm
      People. People,People...Klopp can take little blame for this... Chelsea fielded a team that could beat most in the premier league and are only one of two team that Imo' has real game changes on their bench (the other being Man City) Klopp does not have that on his bench... I think Chelsea gave us more respect than we deserved and i'm glad that did

There is some truth to it. They played better football than us. I was impressed how clean and simple and effective they played. In that regard we can be happy with the draw, but then we led and we were at home....
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #400: Nov 25, 2017 08:24:01 pm
      Migs has earned his stripes to be blamed. To put it simply, he asked for it. Whether or not itā€™s really his fault at this stage. Our basis? He has cost us enough points. Even the premier league. Heā€™s heading down the road of no return.

Finally an admission of bias. Appreciate the honesty.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #401: Nov 25, 2017 08:29:11 pm
      Hamann at his age now would have done a better job defending our goal compared to hendo and the rest that strolled in the last 10 minutes of the game.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #402: Nov 25, 2017 08:30:20 pm
      Until the root cause is confronted our deficiencies at the back will cost us points, how many f**king seasons does this have to go on?

Until the manager, whoever that may be, realises that until we have a solid defence, it doesn't matter how many goals we score, we are liable to concede.

Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #403: Nov 25, 2017 08:31:50 pm
      Hamann at his age now would have done a better job defending our goal compared to hendo and the rest that strolled in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Oh for Didi and Henchoz now!

Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #404: Nov 25, 2017 08:46:18 pm
      Was important not to lose but the win would have been massive for us, it really would have, plus that would have been four in the bounce. Unfortunately we seem destined never to be able to defend a lead when the game gets tight. If JĆ¼rgen could just figure it out we'd be a force to be reckoned with in the EPL and Europe as well.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,029 posts | 3960 
      Reply #405: Nov 25, 2017 08:47:44 pm
      Until the manager, whoever that may be, realises that until we have a solid defence, it doesn't matter how many goals we score, we are liable to concede.

When the manager whoever that may be is given the spondoolies to address the problem that costs us points after points, game after game nothing will change.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #406: Nov 25, 2017 08:58:54 pm
      I donā€™t see it quite that way. I see his issues being when he brings them on. Why does he always wait until something happens to be reactive? Why not coach proactive? Heā€™s a funny guy and his attacking style is awesome to watch. But there are some tactical short comings there that a lot of people ignore. There is also some arrogance to his personality that bleeds over into our results. VVD was the only ā€œKloppā€ CB on the market this year. How scary is the thought that Van Dijk was the only player in Klopps eyes that was worthy of improving our defense? From an unskilled stupid American I have seen about 15 that could have had Lovern picking splinters out his ass all season.

In terms of only numbers, as far as points won from leading position is concerned,  last season was the second best season for us in the past 20 years . And, we were second best after Chelsea in the number of times that we led in a game. While I understand where you are coming from, it is also important to note that you dont fix until its broken. In a majority of the games, we have dominated and led teams and hence there was no real reason to effect a change.

I don't want to get into Vvd debate partly because of the discussions that have happened already and partly because I believe that the owners might have offered 5 Fiats instead of a Ferrari like they did to Rodgers after Suarez was sold.

As far as the arrogance bit is concerned all top managers have that. Rafa had that too which costed us points.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #407: Nov 25, 2017 09:05:12 pm
      When the manager whoever that may be is given the spondoolies to address the problem that costs us points after points, game after game nothing will change.

Well, according to JĆ¼rgen, the owners back him financially, no matter what. Now, I am not prepared to call either JĆ¼rgen or our owners liars, because I do not have the inside information to make that sort of judgement. I have trouble believing that JĆ¼rgen would put up with the shenanigans some believe is going on! We should thank the Lord, Moshiri doesnā€™t own us!!

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #408: Nov 25, 2017 09:07:03 pm
      You on a wind up?

You give me a + & leave the following comment :

ok, I will bite ,     Jk , maybe, put Mane on earlier to make them think more about defence, rather than attack, it might have give our pisspoor midfield another option.  Can you not see that,   2 points lost again?
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #409: Nov 25, 2017 09:20:19 pm
      We're still in the midst of a pretty solid run here Yano people, 10 points for the last 12 in the league and a win or draw to qualify for the last 16 in Europe. Could be a lot worse. Yes there are some issues but the way some of you react and hold forth in here recently makes me not want to come onto this forum given the ferocity of some of the criticism.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #410: Nov 25, 2017 09:20:47 pm
      ok, I will bite ,     Jk , maybe, put Mane on earlier to make them think more about defence, rather than attack, it might have give our pisspoor midfield another option.  Can you not see that,   2 points lost again?

I would have like to have seen that that 5-10 mins after we scored tbh, that or Firmino to hold the ball up and help with the midfield battle.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,204 posts | 1101 
      Reply #411: Nov 25, 2017 09:22:37 pm
      In terms of only numbers, as far as points won from leading position is concerned,  last season was the second best season for us in the past 20 years . And, we were second best after Chelsea in the number of times that we led in a game. While I understand where you are coming from, it is also important to note that you dont fix until its broken. In a majority of the games, we have dominated and led teams and hence there was no real reason to effect a change.

I don't want to get into Vvd debate partly because of the discussions that have happened already and partly because I believe that the owners might have offered 5 Fiats instead of a Ferrari like they did to Rodgers after Suarez was sold.

As far as the arrogance bit is concerned all top managers have that. Rafa had that too which costed us points.

Your VVD point is valid and for all I know exactly how it ā€œreallyā€ went down. Fair enough. Still think it is bonkers that no other players were rumored to be signed when every little thing is speculated about on social media outlets. Kind of makes me think that we didnā€™t see the need, but again Iā€™m speculating. As far as the reactive / proactive thing goes I do feel as though that can be done if you have the balls to do it. Two things could have been done after Salahs goal. One Klopp instructs the boys to sit back and defend, maybe even go with 3 in the back with Gomez. The second is you bring Mane and Lallana in right than and make Chelsea hesitant to get forward and keep them defending. No matter if you agree or disagree with my strategy, the one thing I think most can agree on his how Klopp misuses subs. He has subbed the same day since day one. In tight close games it really hurts us as the lads have no time to get into the game and get their legs and tempo going before the final whistle blows and points are lost before they have a chance to get em back.
      rossyred

• 9,306 posts | 1669 
      Reply #412: Nov 25, 2017 09:27:47 pm
      When we went up all his thoughts were to defend the lead but with no one to hold the ball up it just kept coming back . He hoped we would break hence Salah up top. But again if Mane and say Firminho Chelsea would have been more wary where I think it just told them to attack as it was only going to be the odd rare attack to repel. Horse bolted at 1-1 and subs no time to impact
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,029 posts | 3960 
      Reply #413: Nov 25, 2017 09:50:11 pm
      Well, according to JĆ¼rgen, the owners back him financially, no matter what. Now, I am not prepared to call either JĆ¼rgen or our owners liars, because I do not have the inside information to make that sort of judgement. I have trouble believing that JĆ¼rgen would put up with the shenanigans some believe is going on! We should thank the Lord, Moshiri doesnā€™t own us!!

The manager has backed his employers time after time, even when the facts make it a contradiction.
      It maybe some obscure principle Klopp has about loyalty to a club he holds dear and a belief that any unprofessional conduct be it directed at LFC or it's owners is a serious dereliction of duty on his part.

Klopp appears to be a man of principle and the above would accommodate that label.

Quick Reply