Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (4.8%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      5 (6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (7.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      61 (73.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: Nov 29, 2017 07:33:03 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27975 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Chelsea
      Reply #368: Nov 25, 2017 07:46:26 pm
      Goalkeeping experts out in full force I see.

Can you tell me where exactly you wanted him to be then right before the cross (because that's what it was) was taken? As his positioning was the exact same as every other goalkeeper in the world in that situation.

He is anticipating a cross, which he should do in that position. It's a fluke. Unlucky and by no means is he at fault.

Jesus It just gets worse .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #369: Nov 25, 2017 07:46:49 pm
      Oh god, how is that not his fault? It was slow as f**k, plenty of time to react.

https://twitter.com/GoodyCraig/status/934504991741669376

The ball (which is slow travelling) is already over Matip's head by time Mignolet starts realising that it is too close to the goal for comfort and starts moving his feet.

Predictable really but what are we going to do about it? Just all round a horrific player. For sure, he won't be tweeting that tonight.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #370: Nov 25, 2017 07:48:02 pm
      Anyone defending Mignolet, ask yourselves this question.

Do you think Simon Mignolet is sitting in that dressing room content in the knowledge he couldn't have done a thing?

Or does he correctly feel like sh*t because he cost us?

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #371: Nov 25, 2017 07:49:34 pm
      The ball (which is slow travelling) is already over Matip's head by time Mignolet starts realising that the ball is too close to the goal for comfort and starts moving his feet.

Predictable really but what are we going to do about it? Just all round a horrific player. For sure, he won't be tweeting that tonight.

I think his footwork is dreadful first few steps take him hardly anywhere, it's like he is hogging on the spot.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #372: Nov 25, 2017 07:50:50 pm
      It's called reflexes, the ability to react quickly is expected of a top goalkeeper... the ball was slow enough to allow time for him to react.

Savable for Coutoris and De Gea’s standards. With some height, a little stretch, and lots of drive and determination it is possible to keep that out with your life. Migs got a little hand to it. That’s enough proof. Migs is not world class. And Liverpool is a world class club. That’s it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #373: Nov 25, 2017 07:51:17 pm
      It's called reflexes, the ability to react quickly is expected of a top goalkeeper... the ball was slow enough to allow time for him to react.

Yep. People absolving him of blame don’t understand basic physics apparently.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #374: Nov 25, 2017 07:51:54 pm

Do you think Simon Mignolet is sitting in that dressing room content in the knowledge he couldn't have done a thing?

For definite the first one. Not shown an ounce of realisation in the 1000 plus interviews he conducts with the LFC Offal that he may just be a part of the problem.

I suppose he can always throw out the 'I'm a penalty saving expert' to cover his arse in such interviews. Oh and the obligatory 'we have to learn from this' and that 'now is the time for us to stand up'.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #375: Nov 25, 2017 07:54:48 pm
      Mignolet , Lovren, Moron, or Henderson. It's like having a bet. Pick any one from four for a cock up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #376: Nov 25, 2017 07:55:17 pm
      Migs is decent; he’s just not good and sorry if I think my team needs to set the baseline at “good”.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #377: Nov 25, 2017 07:56:04 pm

I think he doesn’t care. Suarez and Carra will. They’ll feel hurt and come back with a revenge.

This guy just gets on with life. I strongly believe. Doesn’t get affected by any of this sh*te. What a great character.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #378: Nov 25, 2017 07:56:26 pm
      For definite the first one. Not shown an ounce of realisation in the 1000 plus interviews he conducts with the LFC Offal that he may just be a part of the problem.

I suppose he can always throw out the 'I'm a penalty saving expert' to cover his arse in such interviews. Oh and the obligatory 'we have to learn from this' and that 'now is the time for us to stand up'.

One thing I haven't seen enough in my life is not up to it Liverpool player go half a dozen games without being sh*t and then giving a crowing interview about it.

It's a f**king classic.

Klopp needs to bin the sh*te. Rodger's was sacked because we couldn't defend anymore and yet you can make a solid argument our "strongest" defensive unit still has 3 of the worst offenders in it.

Hardly surprising we sti can't defend. You can't polish a turd
      Redangel

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #379: Nov 25, 2017 07:56:29 pm
      The sad thing for me is, if Chelsea score first they see out the lead. The defensive problems need solving ASAP or this will keep happening!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,171 posts | 1094 
      Reply #380: Nov 25, 2017 07:58:16 pm
      Fair enough. To be fair I wanted Mane one after we scored.

But I thought your previous comment was a tad emotional. Slightly harsh on Klopp.

It absolutely was mate, but I don’t think I’m wrong. Klopp is one of these guys who seems to think that his way is the only way. I get that he believes in his system, and he should. Only a fool does something with no confidence. However, you have to adapt, and that is where Klopp falls short time and time again. I have no qualms with sitting Mane, it’s been a busy stretch for the dude and I get it. But you know he expected to play him for this very reason. So why don’t you have ready to go like you did Lallana? If the goal doesn’t go in than you never have to use him. But if it does you give yourself some chance of creating chances by bringing him out there early. Mane is really upset with Klopp after the game and it’s understandable why. Klopp is set in these ways and unfortunately for us I see it costing the club in the long run. He is set in his personal even though players have given him reason to be open minded. He is set in his style of defending even though we have one of the worst in European football. I ignored a lot of critics for a while, but damn if the red flags they raised don’t seem to be rearing their ugly heads over and over again.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #381: Nov 25, 2017 07:58:20 pm
      Klopp should have started a stronger side, rather than waiting 80+ minutes to make changes, Milner was a waste and the sturridge/gini sub was baffling
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Chelsea
      Reply #382: Nov 25, 2017 08:01:37 pm
      Thanks Klopp. F**k em. He is a arrogant coach who thinks he is smarter than he really is. WTF? Who in their right mind holds off your best player until the 89th minute? Stupid troglodytes who know nothing about footy know not to do that. His way of coaching is F***ing us. Experts who are smarter than us say it, we can brain wash ourselves into not seeing it we want but his arrogance is costing us. Thanks for a chance at 2 more points Klopp. Thanks for not sorting out our defense. Thanks for settling on one keeper. Thanks for bringing in players and not playing them. U are so smart

Without doubt - or not.

Klopp has thrown away the king's ransom he was presented with to correct a malfunctioning midfield - or not.

Defensive issues have been our Achilles heel for seasons, even when our sh*t hot target man is on top of his game his best efforts are undone because for whatever reason the means to shore up a leaking defence are not provided - Klopp to blame or not.

The keeper problem is also ongoing, Klopp keeping faith or like the other discrepancies does the answer lie elsewhere? 

ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #383: Nov 25, 2017 08:01:59 pm
      Yep. People absolving him of blame don’t understand basic physics apparently.

Migs has earned his stripes to be blamed. To put it simply, he asked for it. Whether or not it’s really his fault at this stage. Our basis? He has cost us enough points. Even the premier league. He’s heading down the road of no return.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #384: Nov 25, 2017 08:02:06 pm
      Flopp cost us the game with that sh** decision to bring on a mid after the goal, should of been mane, firminho etc.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,171 posts | 1094 
      Reply #385: Nov 25, 2017 08:02:26 pm
      And BTW shame on the lad that voted Moreno MOTM. That dude surely campaigned for Lovern to win player of the month.  :mad:
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #386: Nov 25, 2017 08:02:28 pm
      Thanks Diego for the clip. Take a fecking look at that equaliser. Ok, I'm one of the strongest critic of Mignolet and no reason to defend him  and wanted him gone but we can't blame him for that goal. Wanna blame, blame it on why in the first place we allowed Chelsea so much space and time just outside our box that allowed that looping cross to come in that resulted in the equalizer. Take a fecking look at the build-up to that equalizer. Fecking hendo fingers pointing everwhere (as usual) issuing useless instructions for others to act while he stood there acting busy and backtracking, the 2 stooges beside him did nothing while Klavan never bother to put a foot in to distrupt Willain. Here you go again Klopp, your trusted Captain. Appears to be busy organizing things but actually not but actually busy causing us to drop points. The amount of time, space and freedom we allowed the 2 Chelsea players to dance outside our box is criminal. If fecking hendo or someone had put a foot in, it would have distrupted Chelsea's flow. Our players are simply too complacent game after game.

It goes back to a DM, if we had one today in front of that back four ala Lucas, that equalizer may not have happened. Klopp relying on hendo to do that defending, he is causing us to leak more goals than preventing one. There'll be more days like these if we continue to have hendo defending the back four. get a bloody DM Klopp. You don;t need anymore AM, you have a busload already.

Stop those 89th minute substitutions Klopp. It is truly embarassing, others are mocking you. Please stop that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #387: Nov 25, 2017 08:03:48 pm
      Flopp cost us the game with that sh** decision to bring on a mid after the goal, should of been mane, firminho etc.

Flopp? Have a serious word with yourself will you..FFS..
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #388: Nov 25, 2017 08:08:39 pm

:tosser:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #389: Nov 25, 2017 08:09:15 pm
      Hey, did anyone in our midfield notice Fabregas had come on? Did you guys see the space and time he had? I'm starting to think the opposition playing a DLPM could be our achilles heel!
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #390: Nov 25, 2017 08:10:50 pm

Damned if he does.. Damned if he doesn't.
      If he brings on an attacking player, then he needs to learn to manage games better. If he brings on  a mid, then he has no tactical nous.

Quick Reply