Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (4.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      38 (36.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (3.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      47 (45.6%)
      Marko Grujić
      2 (1.9%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: Dec 06, 2017 04:53:34 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27001 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,175 posts | 524 
      Re: Live: Brighton V Liverpool
      Reply #299: Dec 02, 2017 05:25:36 pm
      I don't know. Two convincing looking wins, first Stoke, now Brighton, right? But when you look deeper you see a fragile team: if Migs gets the red card @Stoke and if Brighton makes the 2-3 we're in trouble. We need to win those games with more swagger.

Despite Countino's 1.5 goals he doesn't seem to make the next step. If I am LFC I let him go for big bucks in January.

Firminho does make that next step. He's developed into a multidimensional striker, more valueable than Mané.

That said...  :kop5cf8koxp6: :drinking: :kop5cf8koxp6: :drinking: :kop5cf8koxp6:

And if farts were lumpy, I would sh*t myself. Who pissed on your cornflakes then FFS.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 1-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #300: Dec 02, 2017 05:26:58 pm
      Missed the game but will deffo be watching MOTD tonight.

Just need a draw later on today from Arse to make it a beautiful weekend.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #301: Dec 02, 2017 05:36:38 pm
      Just finished watching. What an odd lineup that was, thought Gini was crap for the most part, Lovren and Can did ok, but our attack was really our defense for the most part. Good to see Robertson out there. I would definitely play him ahead of Moreno, defensively I think he reads the game better and offensively he’s much better in my opinion. Firmino was immense today, my MOTM. Really love him, probably my favorite player in this squad at the moment. He loves his football and loves his teammates and it shows in his play. Worked his butt off, took two nice goals for it. Salah was dangerous, Coutinho played well too although still seems a bit selfish at times. Scoring 5 without Mane? That’s a nice luxury.

Still, at times we seemed a bit scatterbrained, luckily against this team it didn’t matter too much.

Oh and that penalty call was absolute horsesh*t. Ref should be suspended for getting something so wrong.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #302: Dec 02, 2017 05:41:45 pm
      First calling Karius a cancer on Wednesday night then this?

That was a metaphore to point out that Migs is still the better keeper. I might be too harsh on Coutinho, but I definitely see us as a team that can pull off s*it like against Sevilla any time. Just look at the game today. If Brighton is more lucky it's 2-3 with 10min. to go and then it's a different ball game. Not the first time we stop playing after a lead. 1-5 looks well but it's also deceiving.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #303: Dec 02, 2017 05:47:04 pm
      Poor Sturridge seems in some doghouse of Jürgen again. What happened?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #304: Dec 02, 2017 05:53:17 pm

Who the F**k cares? We won 5-1 you know?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #305: Dec 02, 2017 05:55:26 pm
      Comfortable win in the end.
      And somehow managed it too dragging the ball and chain that are Hendo and Cou ?!?!  Hendo did OK without being great, and thought Cou was really good.  Still though, reckon some will argue we'd have scored 10 without them!

We looked excellent on the break, but fair play to Emre, got the important first, a proper dominant CB header from a corner :)
      Third goal was brilliant stuff, good block by Migs, excellent buildup, and top finish by Bob.  (2nd wasn't bad either)
      Cou proved again he's a top man from just outside the box, and drew an og for 5th.

After the line up, who'd have thought would be so comfortable. Emre has the attributes to be a defender, but don't think Gini will be slotted in there too often.  Nice to see Robertson play, and be solid.  Up front we're clicking right now and even though we're making changes game to game, we're still getting the goals, which is great.

Roll on the ruskies...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #306: Dec 02, 2017 05:56:05 pm
      Robertson already doing well enough with crosses on the box. Can't remember Moreno doing that.

In my defence I was decorating ;)
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #307: Dec 02, 2017 05:56:35 pm

And that's exactly why we can discuss soap opera issues like that!

We could also be p*ssed about ManU leading Arsenal 2-0 after 20min. There's always something to b*tch about. :)

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #308: Dec 02, 2017 06:00:07 pm

He scored a goal and proved his point.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #309: Dec 02, 2017 06:02:44 pm
      Not read through this thread, so fill me in..

Are we blaming Mignolet for not keeping another clean sheet? Moreno perhaps?
      Was it Lovren's fault that we didn't score 6?

Just want to be able to jump on the bandwagon.. is it rolling again?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #310: Dec 02, 2017 06:06:12 pm
      We could also be p*ssed about ManU leading Arsenal 2-0 after 20min. There's always something to b*tch about. :)

Maybe, if yer an Arse fan (in a manner of speaking)
      Personally don't care about that match.  We won comfortably today, enjoy!

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #311: Dec 02, 2017 06:15:12 pm

Don't be so ridiculous.

It was hendos fault.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #312: Dec 02, 2017 06:22:45 pm

You do realize you're the biggest moaner on here right?
      We just won 5-1 away from home so take a F***ing break for fucks sake.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #313: Dec 02, 2017 06:39:40 pm
      Comfortable win in the end.
      And somehow managed it too dragging the ball and chain that are Hendo and Cou ?!?!  Hendo did OK without being great, and thought Cou was really good.  Still though, reckon some will argue we'd have scored 10 without them!

We looked excellent on the break, but fair play to Emre, got the important first, a proper dominant CB header from a corner :)
      Third goal was brilliant stuff, good block by Migs, excellent buildup, and top finish by Bob.  (2nd wasn't bad either)
      Cou proved again he's a top man from just outside the box, and drew an og for 5th.

After the line up, who'd have thought would be so comfortable. Emre has the attributes to be a defender, but don't think Gini will be slotted in there too often.  Nice to see Robertson play, and be solid.  Up front we're clicking right now and even though we're making changes game to game, we're still getting the goals, which is great.

Roll on the ruskies...

The 'ball and chain' Coutinho got 3 assists and a goal
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #314: Dec 02, 2017 06:53:37 pm
      The 'ball and chain' Coutinho got 3 assists and a goal

He was joking.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #315: Dec 02, 2017 06:58:49 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #316: Dec 02, 2017 07:03:29 pm
      I can't even get annoyed about that penalty decision.

It was so bad, I just shake my head and laugh every time I see it.

Apart from that, good win from a makeshift team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #317: Dec 02, 2017 07:10:30 pm
      Who the f**k cares? We won 5-1 you know?

Seriously. There’s plenty that you could criticize but do we really need to? Job done against a team we should have beat. 5-1 probably flatters them to be honest. Some on here need to learn how to enjoy the good stuff.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #318: Dec 02, 2017 07:15:00 pm
      Gave Coutinho my man of the match. I've read some silly things like 'we don't need him anymore', or 'look at our record with him in the team this season' etc. He's still our best player and if we can keep hold of him for a few more seasons and add a player like Keita then we'll be in great shape.

Was a bit ropey for 10 minutes after the dubious penalty but we always look like scoring and it was comfortable in the end. Really odd line up and set up but hats off to the manager, he is starting to sho a bit of tactical flexibility this season and we hadn't really seen much of that the past couple of seasons.

Back I the top four which is where we need to be. Happy days.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #319: Dec 02, 2017 07:35:12 pm
      I wasn't overly convinced with us at times today. That first goal from a set play was vital because at the time we looked a bit flat.

As ever the first goal opens up the game for us and we were cruising at 3-0 until that ridiculous penalty decision. For a while after that though we looked edgey but again the fourth goal finally kills them off.

I know it was done out of necessity in many ways but Wijnaldum isn't a viable solution to partner Can and Lovren at the back for too many games. The lad did his best but he looked uncomfortable.

Brighton huff and puff but against a team with more about them we'd be found out pretty quickly.

Hopefully Klavan is well for midweek, and especially weekend.

Went for Firmino MoTM stuck away 2 goals and worked hard as ever.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #320: Dec 02, 2017 07:37:27 pm
      Gave Coutinho my man of the match. I've read some silly things like 'we don't need him anymore', or 'look at our record with him in the team this season' etc.

Yeah I gave him man of the match as well but the fact remains that we don't have as good a record with him as we do without him the season.   But you are right - he did have a wonderful game today.  Against Brighton.

I do think you are in a minority if you genuinely believe we have a chance of keeping him for a few more seasons.  At the minute I'd be surprised if he was still here in February.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #321: Dec 02, 2017 07:39:10 pm
      I can't even get annoyed about that penalty decision.

It was so bad, I just shake my head and laugh every time I see it.

Apart from that, good win from a makeshift team.

Their lad needs a retrospective ban for that dive. Ref was on the wrong side and bloody guessing but the theatrics convinced him.

Truly awful decision and there's no excuse to guess. Ref will look at that later and be so embarassed, but hopefully he learns a lesson because he did it throughout the game in fairness; stop bloody guessing.

Quick Reply