Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Simon Mignolet
      4 (4.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      3 (3.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.3%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      8 (8.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      11 (12%)
      Roberto Firmino
      58 (63%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Dec 26, 2017 09:47:51 pm

Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33366 times
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Re: Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Dec 22, 2017 10:29:41 pm
      Did Cech not make the same mistake as Migs for our 3rd?

Yes, the very same mistake: misjudging the ball curve. It happens.
      Kopite78
      Reply #415: Dec 22, 2017 10:29:50 pm
      Where was Lallana? He was a cornerstone once, now it seems he's pretty deep in the depth chart or did he have another set back?

He's played 20 minutes since May

He's bound to take time to get back
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #416: Dec 22, 2017 10:30:11 pm
      Did Cech not make the same mistake as Migs for our 3rd?

Migs should have done better for their 3rd, and i agree he is crap, but i think everyones being a little harsh on the guy.

Cech made some good saves in the first half ... don't remember Migs making too many decent saves. Who on earth weren't we all over him when Chelsea were letting him go?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #417: Dec 22, 2017 10:32:14 pm

The f**king Summer? I'm available from the 1st January if Jurgs wants a stop gap.

I'm obviously an upgrade as at least my arms and hands aren't made of f**king smoke.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,309 posts | 1670 
      Reply #418: Dec 22, 2017 10:34:47 pm
      Cech made some good saves in the first half ... don't remember Migs making too many decent saves. Who on earth weren't we all over him when Chelsea were letting him go?

Can count on one hand mistakes Cezh has made but would need to be fxxking octopus to count our keepers .Please do not compare Cezh to our Keeper not in same ball park
      rossyred

• 9,309 posts | 1670 
      Reply #419: Dec 22, 2017 10:35:39 pm
      Can count on one hand mistakes Cezh has made but would need to be fxxking octopus to count our keepers .Please do not compare Cezh to our Keeper not in same ball park

That was not in relpy to your comment Ed
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #420: Dec 22, 2017 10:36:37 pm
      Migs should have done better for their 3rd, and i agree he is crap, but i think everyones being a little harsh on the guy.

Sorry Mrs. Mignolet, but your son did make a boo-boo again tonight  ;)
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #421: Dec 22, 2017 10:37:32 pm
      The majority taking out there anger on Migs and of course it was poor but I suspect the result would have been the same no matter the keeper. Migs was no where near the goal when we shipped three 2nd half goals at Sevilla.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #422: Dec 22, 2017 10:39:05 pm
      The majority taking out there anger on Migs and of course it was poor but I suspect the result would have been the same no matter the keeper. Migs was no where near the goal when we shipped three 2nd half goals at Sevilla.

Thank f**k...it probably would have been FIVE for Sevilla if he was playing!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #423: Dec 22, 2017 10:39:37 pm

He let in the 2nd and didn't make himself big for the 3rd. And did nothing else all night really. So I think he did cost us points tonight.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4413 
      Reply #424: Dec 22, 2017 10:39:53 pm

Not sure if that analysis as they only had 4 shots on target.
      F**k me 4 shots and they score 3  :o

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #425: Dec 22, 2017 10:43:28 pm
      Thank f**k...it probably would have been FIVE for Sevilla if he was playing!

Question is; why does it keep happening? Different keepers, same capitulation. Getting a better keeper could cover up for Klopps inability to get us compact but its hardly revolutionary management. Be nice to see some control to be honest.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #426: Dec 22, 2017 10:43:53 pm
      Klopp needs to cut out the crap in his post match. Seriously, Fans aren't stupid. It was not about what we created or put away or defence, it was about Mignolet. 3-0 should be enough, but with Mignolet you need 7 or 8.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #427: Dec 22, 2017 10:43:58 pm
      Any highlight guys? My streams kept stopping.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #428: Dec 22, 2017 10:47:09 pm
      Not sure if that analysis as they only had 4 shots on target.
      F**k me 4 shots and they score 3  :o

Because we had lost control. If Migs tips the second shot over they'd have been coming at us. The pattern was set from 2-1. Arsenal stopped at 3-2 because they had tbe lead and we had tobtake the game back to them, but sooner or later we were going to go 3-2 down.

Same from there point of view at 3-2, sooner or later we would probably equalise.

2 daft teams to be fair.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #429: Dec 22, 2017 10:47:57 pm

The only thing that pisses me off more than Mignolet still being at this club is the idiots who persist in defending him. He's mid-table quality at best. We need a world class Keeper and a world class defence and until we do, the best we can ever hope for is to be the best of the rest, finishing in the Champions League every couple of years.

As for MOTM, Bobby by a mile. At times he seems to be the only one out there with a footballing brain, playing passes at the right time, fouling when needed. Mane has me worried. Not because of his form but because of his decision making which seems to have gone to sh*t.On countless occasions tonight he passed when he should have shot, shot when he should have passed. The guy seems to have a crisis of confidence right now; or at least a crisis of judgement. Hopefully he can get it back soon.

Overall, I'd have taken a point away to the Arse before the game, especially since it meant going into Christmas in the top four and above them. I'm disappointed not to have taken all three, relieved we clawed our way back into to the game. All in all it was the same old thing from us with both our strengths and weaknesses as a team under the spotlight.
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #430: Dec 22, 2017 10:48:19 pm
      He let in the 2nd and didn't make himself big for the 3rd. And did nothing else all night really. So I think he did cost us points tonight.

He wasn't at fault for the third goal. We had a free kick on the left, Robertson gives the ball away cheaply and Gomez gets caught out by the back heel from Lacazette.

The keeper is a problem but he's only part of it. It gets my goat that it's always one plYer to blame in here on a match thread when we lose (actually it's when we draw recently). It's the 'take that player out and insert another and we would have won the game' attitude that so many adopt. We defend as a team and the problems run deeper than the goal keeper.

It's about personnel but it's also about tactics.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #431: Dec 22, 2017 10:55:45 pm
      He wasn't at fault for the third goal. We had a free kick on the left, Robertson gives the ball away cheaply and Gomez gets caught out by the back heel from Lacazette.

The keeper is a problem but he's only part of it. It gets my goat that it's always one plYer to blame in here on a match thread when we lose (actually it's when we draw recently). It's the 'take that player out and insert another and we would have won the game' attitude that so many adopt. We defend as a team and the problems run deeper than the goal keeper.

He was at fault, he was at fault because he went down far too easily when he should have stayed standing and made himself big to cut down the angle. Might the ball have still gone in? Sure, but his decision to go down made Lacazette's decision to chip him an easy one.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #432: Dec 22, 2017 11:01:33 pm

Someone else pointed out it was 4 shots for Arse and 3 goals. That tells it's own story.

Personally think if you play the 4 lads up front, that's fine when momentum is with us. But when it swings, we're short in the middle and the back is stretched. Agree, it's not just all about replacing certain players with better ones - but that IS part of it.
      Guys making individual mistakes have been costing us points and will continue to. Migs is one of those guys, and as someone else also said, he should have been replaced over a year ago. It's hard to understand why he's still here tbh.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #433: Dec 22, 2017 11:03:23 pm
      Bring back Pepe.

Or Jerzy.

Sander will do, also.

Does Bruce still have legs and arms?

6 points dropped in four games. Enough to be tied for second.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #434: Dec 22, 2017 11:12:37 pm
      Bring back Pepe.

Or Jerzy.

Sander will do, also.

Does Bruce still have legs and arms?

6 points dropped in four games. Enough to be tied for second.

Reckon his zimmer frame would do better than Mignolet.
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #435: Dec 22, 2017 11:17:22 pm
      He was at fault, he was at fault because he went down far too easily when he should have stayed standing and made himself big to cut down the angle. Might the ball have still gone in? Sure, but his decision to go down made Lacazette's decision to chip him an easy one.

It was a quality finish in a one on one situation from a very good player (despite his detractors) in Ozil.

We had a free kick not 4-5 seconds earlier. Robertson killed us there. Why should he get off Scot (boom boom) free? He's not even had a mention.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4413 
      Reply #436: Dec 22, 2017 11:25:42 pm
      It was a quality finish in a one on one situation from a very good player (despite his detractors) in Ozil.

We had a free kick not 4-5 seconds earlier. Robertson killed us there. Why should he get off Scot (boom boom) free? He's not even had a mention.

Because lots of players gave the ball away in dangerous positions and luckily didn't end up as goals. No one more so than Mane.

Quick Reply