Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Simon Mignolet
      4 (4.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      3 (3.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.3%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      8 (8.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      11 (12%)
      Roberto Firmino
      58 (63%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Dec 26, 2017 09:47:51 pm

Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32928 times
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Re: Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Dec 22, 2017 11:28:46 pm
      All those bashers against Simon should not forget that it was Klopp's "genius" idea to put Mig on the bench for CL, unsettling him even further. He gets what he planted.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #438: Dec 22, 2017 11:32:36 pm
      It was a quality finish in a one on one situation from a very good player (despite his detractors) in Ozil.

We had a free kick not 4-5 seconds earlier. Robertson killed us there. Why should he get off Scot (boom boom) free? He's not even had a mention.

The technique was quality, the decision to chip the Keeper was an easy one, because Mignolet made it easy for him. If he stands up, arms spread and makes himself a big target, it's going to need a hell of a lot better finish than that to get past him. Look, Mignolet is a half decent goalkeeper, but half decent doesn't cut it at the level we want to compete with. To do that, we need a full decent Keeper. After all, would you allow a half decent mechanic do work on your car, or a half decent builder build your extension? I don't about you but in those circumstances I want the best quality my money can buy and sadly, Mignolet is nowhere near the best Liverpool's money can buy.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #439: Dec 22, 2017 11:34:45 pm
      All those bashers against Simon should not forget that it was Klopp's "genius" idea to put Mig on the bench for CL, unsettling him even further. He gets what he planted.

Migs was making mistakes well before Jürgen even arrived, and will continue to long after he leaves us (the sooner the better).
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #440: Dec 22, 2017 11:35:56 pm
      The technique was quality, the decision to chip the Keeper was an easy one, because Mignolet made it easy for him. If he stands up, arms spread and makes himself a big target, it's going to need a hell of a lot better finish than that to get past him. Look, Mignolet is a half decent goalkeeper, but half decent doesn't cut it at the level we want to compete with. To do that, we need a full decent Keeper. After all, would you allow a half decent mechanic do work on your car, or a half decent builder build your extension? I don't about you but in those circumstances I want the best quality my money can buy and sadly, Mignolet is nowhere near the best Liverpool's money can buy.

Tbh, it's depressing that we have to keep having these arguements, and after all this time, still have people arguing in Migs favour :(
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #441: Dec 22, 2017 11:38:33 pm
      It was a quality finish in a one on one situation from a very good player (despite his detractors) in Ozil.

We had a free kick not 4-5 seconds earlier. Robertson killed us there. Why should he get off Scot (boom boom) free? He's not even had a mention.

Jesus mate - he miscontrolled a pass behind him a second after it should’ve been played and you’re crucifying him for a goal several other players coulda/shoulda/woulda stopped.

He played a part in them getting the ball - several down our right side more culpable for the goal.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #442: Dec 22, 2017 11:38:50 pm
      Bring back Pepe.

Or Jerzy.

Sander will do, also.

Does Bruce still have legs and arms?

6 points dropped in four games. Enough to be tied for second.
      They all had their share of glangers too
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #443: Dec 22, 2017 11:41:33 pm
      Conceding 3 goals in 4.5 minutes is just purely diabolical.

Migs, I'm sorry, I've been very patient with you but it's time to F**k off.

Gomez needs to be switched on and not wait for that ball and the less I say about Sadio Mane's game, the better.

F***ing shattered we dropped those 2 points. Should have been 3 up at HT.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #444: Dec 22, 2017 11:51:37 pm
      Welcome to playing against a top player, Joe Gomez.
      Learn from it.
      Yeah, he got targeted as a weak defensive link, and Sanchez skinned him a few times, but he just switched off for a second, and that's all it takes at this level.

Ditto Robertson; if you're coming narrow, check you have cover outside first.

To be fair, that shot from Xhaka swerved, and dipped viciously, BUT I'd still expect a good keeper to save that.
      I've said it since he came here; Migs is a #2 not a starter.

Lovren and Klavan did well.
      A bit deeper line, support from midfield to pick up the 2nd ball, and they were comfy, for the most part.
      If I was being hyper critical, I'd say that Lovren should have got closer when Lacazette was tugging his shirt before the backheel. but really that's just getting to a silly stage of being critical.

Henderson going off early changed our whole gameplan, and not for the better, although Milner did OK.

Firmino was fabulous yet again.
      What a player.

It's a good point, but it feels like less after being 2-0 up.

sh*t happens, we go again.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #445: Dec 22, 2017 11:57:27 pm

I'm not disputing that we need a new keeper, it's clear as day but in here it's always Migs fault, or Henderson's fault or Lovren's fault. People often ignore the rest of the game i.e. Other errors by other players, tactical aspects of the game etc. it's lazy.

I suspect Klopp will give the gloves to Karius for the next game. He deserves a run but I really don't think he is the answer either. I can see just as many errors in him as in Migs.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #446: Dec 23, 2017 12:00:48 am
      2-0 up the missus rang, i somehow failed to pause the tv. went out of the room. 5mins later come back in and its 3-2. i just laughed.
      how on earth is that possible. its F***ing laughable. 40plus points dropped from winning positions since klopp came in i heard? thats absurd.

said it time and time and bloody time again, with this keeper, and lovren, we will never win anything.
      tbf gomez is absolute sh*te on the 1st goal, but i can cut him some slack, cos my word theres a hell of a player there.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #447: Dec 23, 2017 12:03:34 am
      Jesus mate - he miscontrolled a pass behind him a second after it should’ve been played and you’re crucifying him for a goal several other players coulda/shoulda/woulda stopped.

He played a part in them getting the ball - several down our right side more culpable for the goal.

Hardly mate, if Henderson loses the ball in the same situation and it leads to a goal this place blows up. That's the truth of it.

Maybe the free kick should have gone long in the first place, they'd just scored two In Three minutes but our lads don't have the tactical nous to make the right decisions under real duress from a defensive standpoint.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #448: Dec 23, 2017 12:05:13 am
      Welcome to playing against a top player, Joe Gomez.
      Learn from it.
      Yeah, he got targeted as a weak defensive link, and Sanchez skinned him a few times, but he just switched off for a second, and that's all it takes at this level.

Ditto Robertson; if you're coming narrow, check you have cover outside first.

To be fair, that shot from Xhaka swerved, and dipped viciously, BUT I'd still expect a good keeper to save that.
      I've said it since he came here; Migs is a #2 not a starter.

Lovren and Klavan did well.
      A bit deeper line, support from midfield to pick up the 2nd ball, and they were comfy, for the most part.
      If I was being hyper critical, I'd say that Lovren should have got closer when Lacazette was tugging his shirt before the backheel. but really that's just getting to a silly stage of being critical.

Henderson going off early changed our whole gameplan, and not for the better, although Milner did OK.

Firmino was fabulous yet again.
      What a player.

It's a good point, but it feels like less after being 2-0 up.

Sh*t happens, we go again.

Opinions, opinions, opinions Swab. Some we’ll share, some not.....

One fact from tonight and the rest of the season screams out.....

Bobby.

Oppo hates him even more than we love him.

Just magic.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #449: Dec 23, 2017 12:06:00 am
      Hardly mate, if Henderson loses the ball in the same situation and it leads to a goal this place blows up. That's the truth of it.

Maybe the free kick should have gone long in the first place, they'd just scored two In Three minutes but our lads don't have the tactical nous to make the right decisions under real duress from a defensive standpoint.

I agree mate. It’d be equally misplaced.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #450: Dec 23, 2017 12:06:30 am
      Wouldn't blame migs for the 3rd, like the chelsea goal but it does seem it is going around in circles with him
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #451: Dec 23, 2017 12:09:26 am
      Wouldn't blame migs for the 3rd, like the chelsea goal but it does seem it is going around in circles with him

ye feels a tad harsh. thing for me is he was absolutely nowhere near it.went down so so early. seems like he saves barely anything.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #452: Dec 23, 2017 12:10:59 am

I thought he went down too early but other errors down right flank.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #453: Dec 23, 2017 12:20:36 am
      I thought he went down too early but other errors down right flank.

Be bice to have a keeper who did pull of the sublime every now and again in a similar way to a striker who can score from nothing.

But yeah not his fault and you dont want to be letting opposition teams with 1 on 1s against your keeper.

He's our last line of defence though and he's like an open gate at times.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #454: Dec 23, 2017 12:23:10 am
      Opinions, opinions, opinions Swab. Some we’ll share, some not.....

One fact from tonight and the rest of the season screams out.....

Bobby.

Oppo hates him even more than we love him.

Just magic.

Tell me where we share, and where we differ mate.
      I'll gladly have a chat :)

The only real bone of contention that I can see is about Robertson.
      I think we did well in attack, and he certainly puts a good ball in (although a speculative ball, rather than picking someone out), but he's a bit naive defensively, as I'd expect from a player that age.
      He has decent recovery pace, doesn't get exposed often, but I think he comes too narrow, too soon sometimes.
      He has the makings of a fine LB, but he also needs to step it up, and concentrate for the whole match.
      He got caught a couple of time; no biggie, just saying he needs to learn.

As does Gomez.

The thing is, players like Gomez, Robertson, Moreno, TAA are only going to get better.
      I think we're pretty solid for fullbacks.
      Maybe not just for this season, but with those players, the future is rosy.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #455: Dec 23, 2017 12:27:26 am
      Tell me where we share, and where we differ mate.
      I'll gladly have a chat :)

The only real bone of contention that I can see is about Robertson.
      I think we did well in attack, and he certainly puts a good ball in (although a speculative ball, rather than picking someone out), but he's a bit naive defensively, as I'd expect from a player that age.
      He has decent recovery pace, doesn't get exposed often, but I think he comes too narrow, too soon sometimes.
      He has the makings of a fine LB, but he also needs to step it up, and concentrate for the whole match.
      He got caught a couple of time; no biggie, just saying he needs to learn.

As does Gomez.

The thing is, players like Gomez, Robertson, Moreno, TAA are only going to get better.
      I think we're pretty solid for fullbacks.
      Maybe not just for this season, but with those players, the future is rosy.

Was meant as an endorsement of a screaming fact (Bobby) rather than a dilution of anything else mate.

Proper footballer.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #456: Dec 23, 2017 12:31:51 am
      Was meant as an endorsement of a screaming fact (Bobby) rather than a dilution of anything else mate.

Proper footballer.

Aye, it's funny how his detractors have disappeared and we no longer have pages and pages screaming we need a "proper" striker.

He'll do for me.
      Top player.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #457: Dec 23, 2017 12:36:51 am
      Aye, it's funny how his detractors have disappeared and we no longer have pages and pages screaming we need a "proper" striker.

He'll do for me.
      Top player.

My boys hero at the moment.

His Bobby to my Kenny.....now there’s a partnership........

If selfless did partnerships.......
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #458: Dec 23, 2017 12:40:32 am
      A bit of Robertson bashing going on needs to take into account he got zero support from Salah tracking back.

Although Mane was a bit sh*te going forward he provided a lot of support for Gomez.

There again Salah staying up may have been a tactic.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #459: Dec 23, 2017 12:44:40 am
      My boys hero at the moment.

His Bobby to my Kenny.....now there’s a partnership........

If selfless did partnerships.......

Still need a bit of selfishness though.

Not a problem for Firmino.
      If he's in the best position, he'll take the shot.
      Cracking player.

When I was a lad, my favourite was Keegan.
      Brave as F**k, that fella, and had a good eye for goal, as well as decent all round play.

Quick Reply