Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.7%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      21 (17.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      14 (12%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (0.9%)
      Emre Can
      4 (3.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      9 (7.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      55 (47%)
      Sadio Mane
      6 (5.1%)
      Dominic Solanke
      1 (0.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.9%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Voting closed: Jan 05, 2018 05:05:52 pm

Burnley 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24165 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,700 posts | 3937 
      Re: Burnley 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Jan 01, 2018 05:44:02 pm
      Went for Ox MOTM he has been excellent the last few games and even today didn't stop and directly involved in both goals. The lad is coming good.

Looks so strong and powerful. I really rate him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #576: Jan 01, 2018 05:53:39 pm
      Thanks SO MUCH to NBC for pulling the coverage for North American viewers almost immediately upon full time being blown. Would have loved to see the post-match celebration from Klopp and the boys but instead we immediately went to Arlo and Lee for Man United time. Tossers.

But that aside, what a glorious roller coaster of emotion. That's two big-time character wins in a row, using the squad wisely to avoid shattered players. You can pick a full strength side for the Cup match now (assuming Phil and Mo are fit). Also great to see Sadio score again (and what a great take as well). Great 3-day weekend for all of us lucky enough to have today off.

We do have a midfield issue to address, but I don't want to think about that at the moment.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #577: Jan 01, 2018 05:54:54 pm

How many of these have City had? They've nicked a winner in the last minute or 2 about 5 times this season. Just got to keep the winning mentality and hopefully we can do this again when needed. Before without our main players we wouldn't have gotten this 3 points so there is definite improvement there, we never gave up and was good to see the equaliser didn't kill our confidence, something I would have put money on if this scenario was given to me before the game.

Makes you wonder where we would be if we hadn't dropped so many points late on. Let's hope the last time it happened was lesson learned.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #578: Jan 01, 2018 05:57:47 pm
      Gave MOTM to Sadio for the goal, tough gig with 7 changes.Taking  the 3 points was a bonus so late on so well done guys,not going to start 2018 with a moan.
      Happy New Year all.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,321 posts | 1408 
      Reply #579: Jan 01, 2018 05:58:48 pm
      Everton half asleep..as per..
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #580: Jan 01, 2018 05:59:47 pm
      I hope Klopp looks at this game and sees that Solanke isn't ready for the PL. Didn't understand the Mane sub as he had just scored and his confidence would have been high, while Solanke was consistently terrible for the ninety minutes and three points are more important than a youngsters confidence.
      Solanke is definitely a player with a lot of potential but it is a huge step up from the U21s and the Premier League and he's only going to get better as a result of playing in these sorts of games. He needs games to develop ... his confidence is important, yes, but it's more about his overall development as a player. In time, he'll be a very good player for us. I suspect the decision to pull Mane was more to do with Everton on Friday than anything to do with Solanke's confidence
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 261 
      Reply #581: Jan 01, 2018 06:08:00 pm
      Glad for the win.
      Happy new year all the Reds around the world :clap: YNWA
      rossyred

• 9,306 posts | 1669 
      Reply #582: Jan 01, 2018 06:12:35 pm
      Klavan is a bit of a steal in todays Market has been brilliant since he  came back into the side
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #583: Jan 01, 2018 06:13:04 pm
      Thanks SO MUCH to NBC for pulling the coverage for North American viewers almost immediately upon full time being blown. Would have loved to see the post-match celebration from Klopp and the boys but instead we immediately went to Arlo and Lee for Man United time. Tossers.
      They must have been disappointed that they hadn’t seen a touchdown the full game.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #584: Jan 01, 2018 06:14:41 pm
      Klavan is a bit of a steal in todays Market has been brilliant since he  came back into the side
      Bit of a steal for someone that was free isn’t saying much  :lmao:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,463 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #585: Jan 01, 2018 06:19:30 pm

King Ragnar, lord of the moor of turf
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #586: Jan 01, 2018 06:20:53 pm
      Mane saying he wasn't well, maybe the reason he got taken off when he did.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #587: Jan 01, 2018 06:21:47 pm

But that aside, what a glorious roller coaster of emotion. That's two big-time character wins in a row, using the squad wisely to avoid shattered players. You can pick a full strength side for the Cup match now (assuming Phil and Mo are fit). Also great to see Sadio score again (and what a great take as well). Great 3-day weekend for all of us lucky enough to have today off.

We do have a midfield issue to address, but I don't want to think about that at the moment.

Klopp is on in a minute mate half time in the mancs match warewolf hands just announced it.
      Harrisimo

• 8,321 posts | 1408 
      Reply #588: Jan 01, 2018 06:24:55 pm

United a bit dozy as well...supposed to be the biggest club in the world...putyer asleep..
      Harrisimo

• 8,321 posts | 1408 
      Reply #589: Jan 01, 2018 06:29:21 pm
      Mane saying he wasn't well, maybe the reason he got taken off when he did.

Mane has been a bit off blob since his injury. Klopp should be able to motivate him. Doubt if it's some kind of petty jealousy or expecting to be first name on the team sheet.

Took his goal well and we all want him firing on all cylinders, can still be a vital player for us.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1538 
      Reply #590: Jan 01, 2018 06:31:42 pm
      I agree, he's been good. As I said during the match, I think he'll prove an extremely valuable squad option in the long run. He doesn't excite me to the levels of Mane, Salah, Firmino, Coutinho or even Lallana, but then again, if he keeps contributing he probably won't have to.

Well you can only have so many players of a sort in one team. Hopefully Ox brings us something different with the same amount of effort and passion. Certainly looking much improved. Starting to convince me 😊

o
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #591: Jan 01, 2018 06:39:34 pm
      Get the F**k in there.

Moments away from a typical disappointing affair. That's the grit we've been missing in those final desperate seconds.

Started off 2018 positively. Is right.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #592: Jan 01, 2018 06:42:23 pm
      3 points gained on this fixture of last season.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #593: Jan 01, 2018 06:52:15 pm
      Feels big, this.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #594: Jan 01, 2018 07:12:16 pm
      Best win of the season for me. Long time since I've felt proper joy when that winner by Klavan went in so late on.

The thought of playing Burnley away two days after the last fixture and knowing that a weakened team would be fielded gave me heartburn. Truth be told, I thought a point would be solid but even that would have been uncomfortable what with the pressures of City at home in the league next game up.

As it is we've got 3 points and for the first time this season I feel satisfied and we're on par after a slow start to the season. It's been an excellent Christmas period for us overall.
      rossyred

• 9,306 posts | 1669 
      Reply #595: Jan 01, 2018 07:17:45 pm
      Ah it was Matip that was a free transfer.

No need to call me

Errr Cock is an expression short for Cocker but hey you just carry on
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,422 posts | 2836 
      Reply #596: Jan 01, 2018 07:18:34 pm
      6 of the best points you could ever hope your team to pick up in the last 48 hours. Coming from behind and then scraping one when you rotate the squad and play pretty poorly with a last minute goal. Exactly the types of wins that your City's, Chelsea's and United's have been picking up for the past few years and exactly the type of wins we haven't been picking up.

Ox probably my MOTM, very bright and played a crucial role in the opener (what a sensational hit that was from Mane!). Will hold my hands up and say I was wrong about Klavan as well, turned into a very decent buy and he's been our best defender by miles this season. Glad he got his moment with that goal.

Now let's batter Everton on Friday, we certainly owe them one.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,270 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #597: Jan 01, 2018 07:21:54 pm
      See the blue sh*te gave us the usual helping hand

Quick Reply