Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      67 (41.1%)
      Emre Can
      5 (3.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      11 (6.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      53 (32.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (4.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      15 (9.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (3.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Voting closed: Jan 18, 2018 05:54:41 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33053 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Jan 14, 2018 06:50:31 pm
      Between AOC and Robertson for me.
      Take a new keeper, now.
      It was a worrying switch off.
      Be nice to keep our home record intact.
      Hammy.

I went for Alex. Battles well and had the confidence to take the shot on. If we had gone in 1 down it might have been different. Alex gives everything even if it isn't working for him. Just nicked it from Robbo....but by a virtue of his goal...but only just.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #622: Jan 14, 2018 06:52:36 pm
      Gave MOM to Robertson particularly because his run from the back, to end up in their right back position. What a buy this lad is turning out to be. His overall game was excellent but thought his run was magnificent.

Now, Jürgen,  please buy a proper goalkeeper.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #623: Jan 14, 2018 06:53:42 pm
      I said it all along but you sucker never listen, as well as Klopp: Mig > Karius. End of story. With Mig we win 4-1. He's a beast on the line.
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #624: Jan 14, 2018 06:54:07 pm
      I'd go for Mahrez...not Sanchez..Sanchez is only paper talk anyway. Mahrez would compliment this squad, box of tricks and he almost matches Coutinho's prem scoring record as well.

ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #625: Jan 14, 2018 06:54:11 pm
      It was Mr captain's Dejan Lovren's missed header that gave the third goal away.
      If that header was connected, we would not have conceded.

How many of us are sick and tired of him? ME! Yawn...
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 537 
      Reply #626: Jan 14, 2018 06:55:49 pm
      Jesus Nelly. That was a bit nervy at the end. Thank F**k we held on.  A lot of really good performances today - Robbo, Gini, Mane, Salah, Ox. Matip had one of those games were he looks real class, put in some really good tackles, read the game great. Supercool finish by Bobby for his goal turned the game.

Our defending remains as ever of course. Their 3rd goal was ridiculous - nobody blocking the cross, and then Lovren somehow manages to jump under a ball that is low enough for the guy he's marking to take on his chest.

On their first goal - I'm not a fan of Karius and, yeah, you'd hope he would save that, but the bigger fault was actually Gomez misreading a high ball and running out beyond Sane for no reason. Everybody's been raving about Gomez this season and yes he is showing real potential, but objectively speaking he has probably cost us at least as many points as Lovren this season. I prefer TAA at RB, and would like to see him get a good run there so Jürgen can decide if he is good enough to replace Clyne long term. ( Hopefully Clyne will still come back for us though).

Anyway, great result, and a great way to put Coutinho behind us.
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #627: Jan 14, 2018 06:55:58 pm
      I said it all along but you sucker never listen, as well as Klopp: Mig > Karius. End of story. With Mig we win 4-1. He's a beast on the line.

Another ludicrous misjudgement. Mig is not a beast anywhere. Clueless..
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #628: Jan 14, 2018 06:57:19 pm
      We need a new goalkeeper
      Coutinho who?
      Oh Mane Mane!
      Firmino with a 'Suarez' like, cheeky chip
      We need a new goalkeeper
      I need to lie down
      Salah can score from anywhere!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #629: Jan 14, 2018 06:57:28 pm
      Also, Klopp has now broken his rhythm of CL-Karius and PL-Mig multiple times in favor of Karius. So does he decide from game to game who to play from now on? Does Migs also get a chance in the CL now? If I am Migs I'd aleady had a fistfight with Klopp. I hope this goalie situation doesn't backfire.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #630: Jan 14, 2018 06:58:29 pm
      f***in awesome today and a wee glimpse of what we're becoming under Jürgen Klopp, i said mid game that we are watching the champions elect for next season and i meant every word,

We still have a few creases to iron out but the evidence is there in front of our eyes that we are slowly developing into a very very good outfit, and i mean a outfit that will be capable of the highest rewards that football can offer,
      a outfit that will take on and beat the likes of Barca, Real M, A Madrid, B Munchen, and of course those of our own domestic league,
      Let's say we add a top class gk, someone like Oblak or Butland, a class DM, a top striker like Aubamuyang and most probably another midfielder like Groetzka or Pulisic,

It may seem like pie in the sky but I'm talking about what could actually happen, its possible, in Jürgen we have imo one of the best coaches in planet football and he will make us one of the best sides in world football,
      He got very close with his BvB side with LFC he'll deliver....."Turning Doubters into Believers"
      Wel i certainly believe, who else does ?

YNWA
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #631: Jan 14, 2018 07:00:47 pm
      I'd go for Mahrez...not Sanchez.

Sanchez is old. I'd prefer Mahrez over Lemar because he's PL proven. But can Mahrez play as good as Coutinho or deBruyne? No idea.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #632: Jan 14, 2018 07:01:48 pm
      Sanchez is old. I'd prefer Mahrez over Lemar because he's PL proven. But can Mahrez play as good as Coutinho or deBruyne? No idea.

Premier league proven means sh*te.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #633: Jan 14, 2018 07:01:52 pm
      The way we play we would need a world class goalkeeper. We could have 4 VVD,s playing in the back and still leak goals with the keepers we have at the moment. Bit worried for that RB position as I don't think TAA is not quite ready, Clyne is nowhere to be seen and Gomez is is CB playing out of position. Robertson is going to be amazing so no worries there so a GK and CB is priority. Not sure what position Klopp has planned for Keita when he comes in. Our front 3 is no problem when mane gets his form back and with Ox as well we are looking ok. All in all a great win today and looking good for a top 4 place.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #634: Jan 14, 2018 07:03:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYmOqPFyJPw
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #635: Jan 14, 2018 07:12:51 pm
      Ox: 1 goal and 1 assist
      Firmino: 1 goal and 1 assist
      Salah: 1 goal and 1 assist
      Mane: 1 goal

This is our new Fab 4 now lads  ;D ;D ;D
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #636: Jan 14, 2018 07:12:52 pm
      Also, Klopp has now broken his rhythm of CL-Karius and PL-Mig multiple times in favor of Karius. So does he decide from game to game who to play from now on? Does Migs also get a chance in the CL now? If I am Migs I'd aleady had a fistfight with Klopp. I hope this goalie situation doesn't backfire.

For sure the keeper situation is a farce. It's a toss up who is worst. But he must give K a run to give him a fair chance to show he can play at this level. I don't think K was a disaster today. It was a great strike that beat him. Other than that he did OK.

Edison at the other end had a mare but Pep will not jump all over him.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #637: Jan 14, 2018 07:14:21 pm
      Holy F**k that was good.so much fun and kick ass rock n roll football.Gotta bastid headache now mind!!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #638: Jan 14, 2018 07:15:11 pm
      It's been since 2013 that we looked like a proper top team challenging other top clubs in the league.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #639: Jan 14, 2018 07:15:37 pm
      F**kin awesome today and a wee glimpse of what we're becoming under Jürgen Klopp, i said mid game that we are watching the champions elect for next season and i meant every word,

We still have a few creases to iron out but the evidence is there in front of our eyes that we are slowly developing into a very very good outfit, and i mean a outfit that will be capable of the highest rewards that football can offer,
      a outfit that will take on and beat the likes of Barca, Real M, A Madrid, B Munchen, and of course those of our own domestic league,
      Let's say we add a top class gk, someone like Oblak or Butland, a class DM, a top striker like Aubamuyang and most probably another midfielder like Groetzka or Pulisic,

It may seem like pie in the sky but I'm talking about what could actually happen, its possible, in Jürgen we have imo one of the best coaches in planet football and he will make us one of the best sides in world football,
      He got very close with his BvB side with LFC he'll deliver....."Turning Doubters into Believers"
      Wel i certainly believe, who else does ?

YNWA

He's doing some job.
      Brilliant win today against the probable Champions this season.. AND that's 5 wins now on the bounce.
      He gets VVD playing regularly, a top GK in summer, Keita comes in, maybe a striker, Clyne back...
      Thanks to Jürgen, so much to look forward to :)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #640: Jan 14, 2018 07:19:36 pm
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #641: Jan 14, 2018 07:19:56 pm
      Great result and great goals.
      Need a goalie fast, Karius doesn't inspire any confidence, he kept giving the ball back to our players at the wrong times nearly creating a fuckton of extra problems, don't even think his distribution is as great as everyone is making out, any shot on goal = a goal with him in there. Same as with Mig but 0000.1% less likely with Mig.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3937 
      Reply #642: Jan 14, 2018 07:29:06 pm

Pippen mate, please just shut up.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #643: Jan 14, 2018 07:29:26 pm
      Literally p#ssing myself laughing.

Gary Lineker tweets “Who needs Coutinho?”

My 14yr tweets back “Barcelona apparently”

Quick Reply