Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 128435 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #667: Jul 17, 2018 09:35:14 pm

Steady on, at least buy him dinner first ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #668: Jul 17, 2018 09:38:27 pm
      Steady on, at least buy him dinner first ;)

😁

Liverpool cautiously optimistic of completing world-record deal for Alisson

MELISSA REDDY
      Liverpool are cautiously optimistic of securing a world record deal for Roma goalkeeper Alisson, who is valued at Ā£66 million and has been a long-term target for JĆ¼rgen Klopp.

Talks have been progressing well between the clubs, with the Premier League sideā€™s initial offer, which is inclusive of add-ons, short of the asking price by Ā£4m.

Early indications are that the Brazil international is enthused by moving to Anfield and is appreciative of the work the Merseysiders have put into the pursuit since last year, while Roma are open to a sale.

However, Liverpool are minded by the fact that Chelsea may push for the 25-year-old in response to Real Madridā€™s desire to recruit Thibaut Courtois.

The Blues have already demonstrated their capability of gazumping a rival in this window. They signed Jorginho from Napoli despite Manchester City believing they had the transfer long wrapped up.

The blockbuster fee for Alisson would almost double the British-record fee for a goalkeeper, with his fellow countryman Ederson having cost Pep Guardiola's side Ā£34.7m last summer.

The asking price also eclipses the ā‚¬52m Juventus parted with to bring in Gianluigi Buffon from Parma in 2001 by ā‚¬18m.

Liverpool had been reluctant to agree to such an outlay months ago, informing Alissonā€™s representative Ze Maria Neis in February that the cost was too high.

This was after their checks on the gloveman were rebuffed in the winter window.

The need to recruit a pedigreed player between the sticks has only escalated since, with Loris Karius making two awful errors in the 3-1 Champions League defeat to Real Madrid.

The German suffered a concussion in the game, with Klopp stating the club did not ā€œuse it as an excuseā€ but ā€œas an explanationā€ for his performance.

Before then, however, it had already been decided that the goalkeeping department required a sizeable upgrade.

Simon Mignolet, who has made 202 appearances for Liverpool, has never truly convinced as a first-choice option.

Karius, one short of a half-century of games for the club, has struggled to shake off that display in Kiev during pre-season.

The 25-year-old has been the target of ironic applause from his own supporters and ridicule from that of the opposition. The various challenges facing him are obvious and arduous.

Danny Ward, who will start against Blackburn Rovers on Thursday, has only been been afforded three competitive run-outs thus far.

If a deal for Allison is completed, it will represent a severe strengthening of the weakest area in Liverpoolā€™s squad.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #669: Jul 17, 2018 09:41:37 pm
      @tancredipalmeri

Well, Alisson to Liverpool at 75mā‚¬ is en route.
      So unexpected on so many levels.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #670: Jul 17, 2018 09:41:43 pm
      😁

Liverpool cautiously optimistic of completing world-record deal for Alisson

MELISSA REDDY
      Liverpool are cautiously optimistic of securing a world record deal for Roma goalkeeper Alisson, who is valued at Ā£66 million and has been a long-term target for JĆ¼rgen Klopp.

Talks have been progressing well between the clubs, with the Premier League sideā€™s initial offer, which is inclusive of add-ons, short of the asking price by Ā£4m.

Early indications are that the Brazil international is enthused by moving to Anfield and is appreciative of the work the Merseysiders have put into the pursuit since last year, while Roma are open to a sale.

However, Liverpool are minded by the fact that Chelsea may push for the 25-year-old in response to Real Madridā€™s desire to recruit Thibaut Courtois.

The Blues have already demonstrated their capability of gazumping a rival in this window. They signed Jorginho from Napoli despite Manchester City believing they had the transfer long wrapped up.

The blockbuster fee for Alisson would almost double the British-record fee for a goalkeeper, with his fellow countryman Ederson having cost Pep Guardiola's side Ā£34.7m last summer.

The asking price also eclipses the ā‚¬52m Juventus parted with to bring in Gianluigi Buffon from Parma in 2001 by ā‚¬18m.

Liverpool had been reluctant to agree to such an outlay months ago, informing Alissonā€™s representative Ze Maria Neis in February that the cost was too high.

This was after their checks on the gloveman were rebuffed in the winter window.

The need to recruit a pedigreed player between the sticks has only escalated since, with Loris Karius making two awful errors in the 3-1 Champions League defeat to Real Madrid.

The German suffered a concussion in the game, with Klopp stating the club did not ā€œuse it as an excuseā€ but ā€œas an explanationā€ for his performance.

Before then, however, it had already been decided that the goalkeeping department required a sizeable upgrade.

Simon Mignolet, who has made 202 appearances for Liverpool, has never truly convinced as a first-choice option.

Karius, one short of a half-century of games for the club, has struggled to shake off that display in Kiev during pre-season.

The 25-year-old has been the target of ironic applause from his own supporters and ridicule from that of the opposition. The various challenges facing him are obvious and arduous.

Danny Ward, who will start against Blackburn Rovers on Thursday, has only been been afforded three competitive run-outs thus far.

If a deal for Allison is completed, it will represent a severe strengthening of the weakest area in Liverpoolā€™s squad.

Woah, really getting my hopes up now.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #671: Jul 17, 2018 09:50:56 pm
      Seems to be a done deal. Ā£53M plus add-ons.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #672: Jul 17, 2018 09:55:19 pm
      Had enough of Reddy to be honest.
      Always wants to look like she has the inside scoop.
      Just after BBC report it, she is making up some Twitter story that looks like she found out the information.
      I think the picture of her with Salah on her Twitter looks photoshopped too, because I can see a mistake on Salah's shoulder.
      « Last Edit: Jul 17, 2018 10:00:55 pm by Ribapuru »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #673: Jul 17, 2018 09:59:00 pm
      Had enough of Reddy to be honest.
      Always wants to look like she has the inside scoop.
      Just after BBC report it, she is making up some Twitter story that looks like she found out the information.

If she ever reads this forum I'll guarantee that, within half an hour, she'll have had enough of you, too.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #674: Jul 17, 2018 10:00:44 pm
      If she ever reads this forum I'll guarantee that, within half an hour, she'll have had enough of you, too.
      Atleast I am not the person who feared he would end up at Chelsea. Who was that?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #675: Jul 17, 2018 10:03:18 pm
      Seems to be a done deal. Ā£53M plus add-ons.

I am not seeing anything on a done deal. I have been refreshing non stop!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6419 
      Reply #676: Jul 17, 2018 10:06:14 pm
      I am not seeing anything on a done deal. I have been refreshing non stop!!!
      Yea I believe the most optimistic are saying that Monchi is still going to ask us to up our bid a little bit more. Also watch for the Chelsea links to intensify so that he can try to get more out of us.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #677: Jul 17, 2018 10:06:46 pm
      If this is done tomorrow, I wonder which in the know will post on Twitter about a Friday afternoon medical at 3pm.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #678: Jul 17, 2018 10:12:35 pm
      I think the picture of her with Salah on her Twitter looks photoshopped too, because I can see a mistake on Salah's shoulder.

;D

You are something else mate.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #679: Jul 17, 2018 10:28:02 pm
      ;D

You are something else mate.

That's one way to put it Si.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6419 
      Reply #680: Jul 17, 2018 10:38:43 pm
      So the newest rumors are that we want this done quick but Roma are holding out for more money and time, they want to let Chelsea sell Hazard and Courtois so Chelsea can bid higher.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6976 
      Reply #681: Jul 17, 2018 10:39:10 pm

To be fair, having read that Melissa Reddy article, it contains absolutely zero new information from what I read earlier today.

On this occasion it does appear that the Italian press have been ahead of the ball and all the usual UK suspects have just filed in behind, apart from Sky Sports of course, who seem to have spoken to some bad homies at Liverpool (the no bid story) before changing their tune 15 minutes later. ;)

I don't deny that Reddy, Joyce and Pearce get a 30 minute warning about transfer signings, contract extensions etc, but when it comes to LFC placing bids or negotiations, as was proved by Fabinho, they simply are not kept in the loop.  It would be against LFC's financial interest to have details of bids leaked to them before clubs shook hands.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #682: Jul 17, 2018 10:47:14 pm
      Apparently, it's being reported that Klopp already spoken to him. Getting kinda nervous now, Roma could do a Southampton on us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #683: Jul 17, 2018 10:48:59 pm
      According to Metro the player chose LFC over Chelsea for a fee in the region of Ā£62m.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #684: Jul 17, 2018 10:51:16 pm
      i believe when i see him in lfc shirt
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4418 
      Reply #685: Jul 17, 2018 10:52:09 pm
      According to Metro the player chose LFC over Chelsea for a fee in the region of Ā£62m.

Metro  :lmao:

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #686: Jul 17, 2018 10:52:46 pm

I wonder if they are still linking us to Illarramendi? :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6419 
      Reply #687: Jul 17, 2018 11:04:49 pm
      Seriously, I wouldnā€™t ever use that as a source.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #688: Jul 17, 2018 11:08:30 pm

Essentially the same report as Melissa Reddy with more detail.

:lmao: :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6419 
      Reply #689: Jul 17, 2018 11:17:13 pm
      Essentially the same report as Melissa Reddy with more detail.

:lmao: :lmao:

Because they took it from her.

Quick Reply