Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      1 (0.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (2.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      17 (11.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      83 (55.3%)
      James Milner
      19 (12.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      7 (4.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Voting closed: Apr 08, 2018 09:39:10 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 40497 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Apr 04, 2018 10:43:57 pm
      I could have voted for so many different players but went with Dejan Lovren for MOTM just because I admit to being quick to criticize him but he was faultless today so credit when it's due.
      Totally agree with you Diego and I have to admit I too was often critical of him
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #392: Apr 04, 2018 10:44:14 pm
      Couldn't have asked for a better result or performance! Well done to all the lads tonight.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #393: Apr 04, 2018 10:44:15 pm
      Dont post much these days but had to tell someone how much I

1) love robbo
      2) respect milner
      3) admire lovern. Tough times but has kept going

How do we line out saturday mow???
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #394: Apr 04, 2018 10:46:23 pm
      Dont post much these days but had to tell someone how much I

1) love robbo
      2) respect milner
      3) admire lovern. Tough times but has kept going

How do we line out saturday mow???

Can't risk not qualifying again, so we need to play our strongest team. City will have there's out against Utd for sure.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #395: Apr 04, 2018 10:46:44 pm
      Don't think we have ever said this before ... but we showed a defensive masterclass in the second half tonight.

I think that's probably the most impressive thing about the result especially after seeing Salah go off. There was maybe a bit of a dip in the crowd noise when seeing our main man going off and my worry was definitely that something similar would happen on the field with the players adrenaline being sapped - it can be a right momentum ball buster to see our best player go off  but the players didn't allow it to go to their heads and managed it expertly from that point on.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #396: Apr 04, 2018 10:48:22 pm

Can't risk not qualifying again, so we need to play our strongest team. City will have there's out against Utd for sure.

Almost guarantee Ing's will start and 2/3 Salah, Mana, Firmino sits.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #397: Apr 04, 2018 10:50:32 pm
      As for the derby this weekend. I'm sorry but it's gotta be the kids.

And so, no rest, onto the next game .... :)
      Be interesting to see who Jürgen plays.
      When you think he's going to rest guys, he doesn't.
      Maybe this time.
      Ings, Solanke, Moreno, Klavan, Clyne, Gomez, Masterson - all in with a shout.
      Hendo will play tho seeing as he's out for 2nd leg.
      Tough to rest guys for the derby though.
      At least City are in the same position.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #398: Apr 04, 2018 10:53:46 pm
      Anyone think Salah was offside for the 1st?

And that their disallowed goal was actually not offside.

Did brilliant, but couple of decisions went our way that might not have for a change.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #399: Apr 04, 2018 10:54:17 pm
      Hey, we beat these fuckers by 3 goals. They never had a shot on target all match. We were so say weakened by injuries, and they are the best team in the Prem, and aledgedly in Europe.

Get real everybody, when it’s 11 v 11, we are better than them.
      Not as consistent perhaps, but on our day we are better.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #400: Apr 04, 2018 10:54:49 pm
      A perfect game for us.

Perfect in attack & defense. Brilliance.

Well done boss. ;)
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #401: Apr 04, 2018 10:56:41 pm
      Interesting fact only 2% of fans voted for City as their choice of opponents in this draw on this forum,would not change them now i bet
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #402: Apr 04, 2018 10:59:23 pm
      I've lost my voice :laugh:
      which to some, especially my neighbours, isn't a bad thing ;D
      The roof of the house nearly came off when Ox twatted that second in.

Me and my family are so proud to be a Red family tonight, just disappointed about the team bus incident, not like us that :-[

Hope Mo's alright for the second leg. I'd rest him against fat boy and his doughnuts on Saturday.

Kompany is finished !! :lmao:

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #403: Apr 04, 2018 11:00:08 pm
      BBC showing a crazy stat that 18% of goals conceded by City this season have been against Liverpool.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #404: Apr 04, 2018 11:04:37 pm
      BBC showing a crazy stat that 18% of goals conceded by City this season have been against Liverpool.

What ! That’s incredible
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #405: Apr 04, 2018 11:08:39 pm
      Jesus F***ing Christ.

That was F***ing epic. A game of two halves and we bossed them both. That first half was out of this world. We came out of the blocks hard and fast and they didn't want to know, they did not want to know. We blitzed them all over the park and our front six absolutely dominated them. The first half they took all the pressure off our defence and didn't even register a shot on target, that is testament to the high press that was executed perfectly. Firmino's never say die attitude ensuring Salah got the chance for the first goal, the Ox with a Gerrardesque screamer and the ball from Salah to Mane for the third was undoubtedly clever and delicious. That first half was perfect.

To be honest i didn't expect them to maintain that intensity in the second half and City started to take the sting out of the game. While they had the bulk of the possession i never felt that they were going to score at all during the game and that's the way it went. Our midfield discipline was extraordinary and we remained compact and focused for the entire half.

Milner was absolutely outstanding, ran his bollocks off but always with a purpose and marshalled the midfield area superbly, a close call for MOTM but edged out just by Arnold. Thought Arnold was out of this world tonight, no fear, no hesitation, was nice to see him letting Sane out of his pocket at the final whistle. On the 2 occasions he did get caught out with the inside ball, he fully recovered and nullified the attack with consummate ease. Can't really say much for Karius, Lovren or van Dijk as they had little to do and that is a testament to how well our midfield defended. They made their job easy.

Firmino ran himself into the ground again and was instrumental to the success of the high press, he just runs and runs and runs and runs and runs and runs and never ever gives up, reminds me so much of Rush. Salah just keeps getting better and better, that Player of the Year award is almost within his grasp now, hope his injury isn't serious and his leaving of the pitch just a precautionary measure. Mane was outstanding also, ran himself into the ground, one of the main reasons we obliterated them in the first half, combining well with Robertson on the flank to give Walker nightmares.

Well, i said the Ox needed to step up and by F**k did he step up. That goal was stunning, had there been no net that ball would now be orbiting the earth! Ran his socks off and put himself through the wringer physically, especially in the second half when we were under the cosh. Henderson did what he always does and that is clean up in the centre of the park, when the extra onus and pressure is not on him to be the creator and he can concentrate on his primary duty then he is so pivotal to this system.

Andy Robertson, well what can i say, he is unbelievable. He just keeps getting better and better. Blitzed Gundogan and Walker in the first half and was more than happy to sit back and blitz Sterling in the second half.

Have to reiterate, Trent Alexander Arnold, what a F***ing performance that was. I cannot be hard on this kid, he's just nineteen years old but he was the best player on that park tonight, just edging Milner and Hendo out. He's learned from his mistakes quickly and absolutely bossed Sane.

Massive shout out to the supporters tonight as well, their energy was infectious and spurred the side on no end. Even the booing of City every time they had the ball had an effect, you could see it. I know this is a touchy subject but even the attack on the bus had an effect on City, dark arts aplenty.

Last but not least, Jürgen Klopp. What a masterclass that was, said he was going for the jugular and that's exactly what he did. I love that he sticks by his principles no matter what. He has said all week he was going all out attack and that's exactly what he did. Next week he will go the Etihad and play the same football, you just know we will and i love him for it.

Europe was scared of us prior to the last draw, they'll be petrified after seeing that performance. Feel the clean sheet was the clincher in this leg, fancy us to get a goal or two in the away leg. 

Brilliant performance by the lads tonight, every single one of them, fought until the very end.

Wow.......... I wasn't expecting a result as clinical as this...............
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #406: Apr 04, 2018 11:15:56 pm
      My voice is completely hoarse from shouting for the goals in the 1st half and at full time.

My back and neck are totally sore from twisting and turning with every City advance around our area in the 2nd half.

What sweet agony (followed by sweeter elation) that was. We actually improved on the home league match performance vs. them.

It's all pretty much been said on the player performances, and there honestly wasn't one of the 14 who didn't contribute to the result (even Alberto freaking Moreno with some good defensive work at the last ). I was thinking Milner for MOTM after 45 minutes, but over the full 90 I have to go with Trent "I've got Leroy in my pocket" Alexander-Arnold.

This buzz will get me through to Saturday, no trouble at all. Congratulations to all of you on being a Red.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #407: Apr 04, 2018 11:16:53 pm
      Read a comment that noted that Oxlade Chamberlain had taken a 60k pay cut to play for us and be part of nights like this in front of a place and an atmosphere no corrupt oil regime can buy. Compare that to Man City whose players are only playing for them because...well this picture perfectly represents them.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #408: Apr 04, 2018 11:19:42 pm
      Superb display from the lads in both halves. I agree with Jürgen that we sat back to much in the second half but we still felt very much in control.
      As long as we get a goal at the Etihad,  which we will do, then we progress.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #409: Apr 04, 2018 11:21:17 pm

I know this is a touchy subject but even the attack on the bus had an effect on City, dark arts aplenty.

Man, I admire your passion overall, and I thought this was a terrific post other than this, but there is no good thing about what happened to their bus. None. The club is going to be sanctioned for this and any repeat of it could have serious consequences for us on the competitive level. It was wrong in every way.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #410: Apr 04, 2018 11:32:25 pm
      Shout out to Milner who I thought set the tone early on.
      Great team performance to a man but gave him MOTM.

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #411: Apr 04, 2018 11:33:43 pm
      Fair play to Pep Guardiola for his response to what happened to the bus,and to Klopp's post-match apology.

"We didn't expect that... I know that is not Liverpool, I know the club is bigger than (this). Hopefully it doesn't happen again."
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #412: Apr 04, 2018 11:36:55 pm
      The atmosphere, Lovren, Trent, Milner,Mane, and last but not least Jürgen were F***ing fabulous tonight!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #413: Apr 04, 2018 11:39:01 pm
      Shout out to Milner who I thought set the tone early on.
      Great team performance to a man but gave him MOTM.

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Too slow, not mobile enough, shouldn't play.... but never has let us down and always shuts us up.

Quick Reply