Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      17 (11.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      36 (25%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (4.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      9 (6.3%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      4 (2.8%)
      James Milner
      34 (23.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      18 (12.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (8.3%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2018 09:33:17 pm

Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 44758 times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Apr 10, 2018 11:38:46 pm
      Not quite sure I'm buying the Lovren votes in the MOTM.  Did well, but gave away two needless free kicks and blind headed a ball on to our post.

We had about 20 corners to contend with and you'd be hard pushed to say that VVD wasn't the man who stopped us folding after that early goal.

Having said that, another shout out to our keeper.  Honestly believe that with Mignolet in goal something gets fu**ed up there - either a sh*t kick out or a flap at a corner.  Only minor error I could point at Karius tonight is that he should have tried to angle his punch to the corner of the area - but that's a minor thing because I can guarantee Mignolet wouldn't have even got a glove on it.

In fact, it's the only thing I can really criticise Klopp for in his time with us - standing by our former goalkeeper for about 2 years past his expiry date.

All minor points, but needed saying!

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism J.D. Lad, after all we've not won anything yet. But what a start to my day!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #714: Apr 10, 2018 11:41:50 pm
      Not quite sure I'm buying the Lovren votes in the MOTM.  Did well, but gave away two needless free kicks and blind headed a ball on to our post.

We had about 20 corners to contend with and you'd be hard pushed to say that VVD wasn't the man who stopped us folding after that early goal.

Having said that, another shout out to our keeper.  Honestly believe that with Mignolet in goal something gets fu**ed up there - either a sh*t kick out or a flap at a corner.  Only minor error I could point at Karius tonight is that he should have tried to angle his punch to the corner of the area - but that's a minor thing because I can guarantee Mignolet wouldn't have even got a glove on it.

In fact, it's the only thing I can really criticise Klopp for in his time with us - standing by our former goalkeeper for about 2 years past his expiry date.

All minor points, but needed saying!

The difference VVD has made is staggering.
      Wish he'd played to the whistle v Sterling, but hey it helped me get 7 points in the prediction league.

Important to ride out the storm in the 1st half after conceding.
      Having done that the change up front seemed to spur Pep into changing City's formation for the 2nd half.
      Arguably that sealed the deal then. Dropping to 4 at the back negated the number advantage they had in midfield 1st half.

Thought Gini did well 2nd half. VVD was immense apart from the moment I mentioned earlier.
      Mane's aggression impressive.

To touch on what you said re Karius.
      Don't mind him occasionally misjudging the ball when he goes for it,
      cause really I'm just glad to have a keeper brave enough to do so.
      Mignolet would be anchored to the line.
      Karius more aggressive. So long as he does it consistently defenders can plan for that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2853 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #715: Apr 10, 2018 11:43:25 pm
      Allez allez allez

Memories of scarf waving in 05 to the ring of fire no?
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #716: Apr 10, 2018 11:44:41 pm
      33 Goals in UCL breaks Scums record 32 in 2003.

With 2 more games,   AT Least  ;D ;D ;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #717: Apr 10, 2018 11:44:52 pm
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,508 posts | 1484 
      Reply #718: Apr 10, 2018 11:46:04 pm
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2018 01:23:46 am by JD »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #719: Apr 10, 2018 11:49:33 pm
      Harrisimo

• 8,327 posts | 1409 
      Reply #720: Apr 10, 2018 11:56:21 pm
      ...and finally....bad luck Pep....better luck next time...ahhhhhhhh....nigh ty night everyone...thanks for your company..sweet dreams..
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2853 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #721: Apr 10, 2018 11:56:36 pm
      I have the height of respect for any man who pulled on a red shirt even if not good enough. Bar 2 or 3 players.

1 being sterling. Hope he feels that tonight what he left for extra cash. You absolute pr**k of a man. Hope it stings a small bit. Rub your cash on the wound to sooth the sting
      Jimsouse67

• 9,508 posts | 1484 
      Reply #722: Apr 10, 2018 11:56:51 pm
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2018 01:24:04 am by JD »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #723: Apr 10, 2018 11:59:13 pm
      Getting a ticket to the Europa League Final was tough.

This is gonna be nigh on impossible for the Champions League Final.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #724: Apr 11, 2018 12:03:05 am
      When Firmino scored the 2nd goal.  I don't know why for what reason but it reminded me of the "Rumble in the Jungle".  Ali absorbed everything what Foreman had and then Foreman wanted to get out.   They wanted the whistle!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #725: Apr 11, 2018 12:05:33 am
      So waited all day to get home and catch it on DVR and it didn’t record  :mad:

Tried to go through this thread from front to back but the score is in the title, after a big sigh of relief, just got done reading from the start. Wish I could have watched it, but eh, who cares, now we are in the semi’s!!!!

Allez allez allez!!!!

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,466 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #726: Apr 11, 2018 12:05:53 am
      Have to say always had a soft spot for pep and his post match comments wishing us the best certainly cemented that
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #727: Apr 11, 2018 12:07:55 am
      Have to say always had a soft spot for pep and his post match comments wishing us the best certainly cemented that

Yeah he is one of the good guys in football.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #728: Apr 11, 2018 12:08:06 am
      So waited all day to get home and catch it on DVR and it didn’t record  :mad:

Tried to go through this thread from front to back but the score is in the title, after a big sigh of relief, just got done reading from the start. Wish I could have watched it, but eh, who cares, now we are in the semi’s!!!!

Allez allez allez!!!!

FS1 is replaying it at 9pm tonight. 
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #729: Apr 11, 2018 12:09:48 am
      I never drooled over Barca, don't have time for other leagues.   But from what I have seen and heard of Pepe he has more class in his little finger than the likes of Moronio, Fergy and Wenger put together.   
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #730: Apr 11, 2018 12:23:59 am
      I never drooled over Barca, don't have time for other leagues.   But from what I have seen and heard of Pepe he has more class in his little finger than the likes of Moronio, Fergy and Wenger put together.   

So much class he got sent to the stands for having a go at the ref?
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #731: Apr 11, 2018 12:25:33 am
      Sevilla could still get through against Munich. This might be a cowardly view, but Roma then Sevilla in the final would be okay. Sevilla could knock Real Madrid out on a good day.

If Sevilla can then so can we! Don’t give a F**k anymore. We can drill a new asshole to any of the 4
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #732: Apr 11, 2018 12:30:52 am

Yeh but the goal was legit, can understand that.   He didn't dwell too much and congratulated us in the interview I saw.  If it was the other managers I compared him too they would have made it out like it was daylight robbery.   Moroniho would have said the best team lost!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #733: Apr 11, 2018 12:38:50 am
      That first half was probably one of the hardest to watch, it was absolute squeaky bum time and we felt so powerless. That mistake from VVD foul or not was embarrassing for the lad, what is Virgil 6ft5 and a solid 20kg on Sterling to even put yourself in a situation where you would be trying to claim a foul is poor let alone stop and wait for the whistle.

I noticed on here at half time our midfield was under scrutiny and number of comments questioning the commitment and bravery of the like of Gini, I thought was unfair at the time when we constantly skipped the midfield trio by pumping the ball up to the wide channels. Second half the moment we stopped doing this and played a phase of passes and movement from defense to midfield we created our opener. Thought Gini was immense in the second half alongside Lovren and TAA for the entire match. Lovren with 2 critical blocks one hitting his own post, which I think had there been no touch would have left Karius with no chance.

It's bloody surreal to think we are in the semi final of the CL don't think it's quite sunk in for me personally to be honest, the travelling Kop after Salah's goal was brilliant.

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #734: Apr 11, 2018 12:40:28 am

To be fair that ref was mental and Pep did no more than what Jürgen has done 100 times...giving him a red was more about the ref showing he was a hard man then anything actually happening.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #735: Apr 11, 2018 12:44:48 am
      Just had a three hour skype session with brother after that. Wow!! I can't remember anything but wave after wave of blue attacks in the first half but that second half, EVERY player from Karius to Firmino up top did their job.

What a glorious, wonderful feeling this is. AND we stopped that shower from picking up what they thought was their god given right to win the trophy this season.

In the end, it wasn't even close.

Sweet dreams fellow Redmen and women.

Quick Reply