Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Berbatov (Tottenham)

Read 7494 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Berbatov (Tottenham)
      Nov 12, 2007 09:03:26 am
      Reportedly doesnt seem to be interested with Spurs anymore and Spurs boss Ramos faces a battle to keep him at White Hart Lane.

Just one of the many stories surrounding his future at Spurs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/11/07/ufnberba107.xml

No doubting his class, premiership proven and a goal poacher. Wont be going for that 40 million Jol put on his head last season. Around 20 ill be expecting.

Thoughts?
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Re: Berbatov (Tottenham)
      Reply #1: Nov 12, 2007 10:45:53 am
      Too mentally fragile and the sulky type. Won't deal well with rotation IMO.
      I'd rather shelve the money for Huntelaar if we're going for a goal poacher, or a few more million for Villa.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #2: Nov 12, 2007 10:52:42 am
      ive just read in an aussie paper that berbatov DOESNT want to leave spurs and is happy where he is.
      torreson
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | -6 
      Reply #3: Nov 12, 2007 12:54:19 pm
      Does he better than Adriano( Inter Milan)? liverpool has a chance to get him as Inter is scouting M.Sissoko!!!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Nov 12, 2007 06:20:04 pm
      Too mentally fragile and the sulky type. Won't deal well with rotation IMO.
      I'd rather shelve the money for Huntelaar if we're going for a goal poacher, or a few more million for Villa.

I don't remember him being the sulky type?

If we fail to keep hold of Crouch, Berbatov will be the best option to replace.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Reply #5: Nov 12, 2007 07:27:06 pm
      I think he is a very good option for us.  He will make a good partnership with Torres.  It is obvious that he is not happy at spurs, but reaching 27 its understandable that he wants to compete for silverware and make his mark in Europe.  I think if the price is right we should go for him,  anything under 20m would be great, but we should not pay over 25m. 

I think it will depend on Chelsea as everyone knows that the club is a gigantic well for big name players, but they're all seem to go head first.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #6: Nov 12, 2007 10:53:44 pm
      I don't remember him being the sulky type?

If we fail to keep hold of Crouch, Berbatov will be the best option to replace.

What exactly do you call his current mood swings?
      Liverpool don't want a player who won't give 100% effort every single game.

And Crouch shouldn't be the striker we sell; it should be either Kuyt or Voronin who are altogether way too similar. Where as Crouch offers a different dimension with his height and prescence.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: Nov 12, 2007 11:23:01 pm
      What exactly do you call his current mood swings?

What exactly do we call your current mood swings?  :D

Nah only joking mate.  I think he's pissed off because he's playing for a Mediocre team who have hit bottom 3.  Well I don't think they are there now!

How could you say no to him though?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #8: Nov 13, 2007 06:46:32 am
      I think it will depend on Chelsea as everyone knows that the club is a gigantic well for big name players, but they're all seem to go head first.

Starting to sound alot like Leeds back in the day. How good would it be for Chelski to end up in League 2 and worth a couple of million overall.

But Berbatov would be a great replacement for Kuyt who should go. Been here a season and abit and hasnt take advantage of his chances.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Reply #9: Nov 13, 2007 05:14:38 pm
      Crouchie i do agree with you on this issue, I don't think Berbatov's recent behaviour should be given too much consideration.  Spurs have become a sticky club for good players and when the club frightens customers with massive buy-out clauses, it can be expected that a player that has the ability to be a household name to try and make interest himself.  After all he is at least 18 months from kicking a ball in the champions league with spurs, the january window is the best time for him to leave.  Especially with the arrival of a new high profile manager that will be pressurising him to stay.

If he comes to Liverpool rotation will be no problem.  He is a proven player in the premiership and will strengthen the team. 
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Nov 13, 2007 05:53:07 pm
      I refer back to an article I posted in another thread:

Berba has reason to look glum

I'm struggling to understand how Dimitar Berbatov has been elevated to Gerd Muller status.

Undoubtedly he is a good striker, but on what basis has he swallowed his own hype about being in the top bracket of world strikers?

Berbatov has played 44 Premiership games for Spurs and scored 14 times. Not even a one-in-three hit rate. For someone who is 27 in two months and cost £11million, that's hardly special.

We're not talking Alan Shearer here. We're talking Dirk Kuyt, whose Premiership return is exactly the same as Berbatov's: 14 goals in 44. That's without mentioning his three Champions League goals this season plus one in last year's Champions League final.

Yet the Dutchman's name can't be mentioned without the observation that a cow's backside would be safe from bruising if he approached it with a banjo. So why is Berbatov so smug, so patronising and so sulky?

He has limply reassured Spurs he is committed to the cause despite half of his family saying he's offski, by muttering: "I will help the club in any way I can."

Getting your scoring ratio up to one-in-three would be a start. Smiling would be a bonus.

LINK

I really can't understand why everyone wants to pay £20m+ for a player with a scoring record no better than Kuyt, who apparently needs to go in part because his scoring record isn't good enough. Fact is Berbatov is a one in three player, and unlike Kuyt doesn't offer too much in terms of teamwork & tracking back.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #11: Nov 13, 2007 06:08:24 pm
      Can agree with your sentiments Eddie...don't rate him enough to even warrant a place on the Liverpool bench & I'd rather have David Villa.

Nice post Eddie.

I refer back to an article I posted in another thread:

Berba has reason to look glum

I'm struggling to understand how Dimitar Berbatov has been elevated to Gerd Muller status.

Undoubtedly he is a good striker, but on what basis has he swallowed his own hype about being in the top bracket of world strikers?

Berbatov has played 44 Premiership games for Spurs and scored 14 times. Not even a one-in-three hit rate. For someone who is 27 in two months and cost £11million, that's hardly special.

We're not talking Alan Shearer here. We're talking Dirk Kuyt, whose Premiership return is exactly the same as Berbatov's: 14 goals in 44. That's without mentioning his three Champions League goals this season plus one in last year's Champions League final.

Yet the Dutchman's name can't be mentioned without the observation that a cow's backside would be safe from bruising if he approached it with a banjo. So why is Berbatov so smug, so patronising and so sulky?

He has limply reassured Spurs he is committed to the cause despite half of his family saying he's offski, by muttering: "I will help the club in any way I can."

Getting your scoring ratio up to one-in-three would be a start. Smiling would be a bonus.

LINK

I really can't understand why everyone wants to pay £20m+ for a player with a scoring record no better than Kuyt, who apparently needs to go in part because his scoring record isn't good enough. Fact is Berbatov is a one in three player, and unlike Kuyt doesn't offer too much in terms of teamwork & tracking back.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Reply #12: Nov 13, 2007 07:10:12 pm
      I don't buy them statistics, eddie.  Berbatov is in a different class to Kuyt.  I think he can score better than one in three, the most important thing is that he has composure in front of goal.  He is also a better passer and has better vision for finding passes.  He is overall in every department (apart from work rate)  better than Kuyt. 

I am not too sure about paying over 20m, but if he is available for under that I definately think he is a good option. 
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #13: Nov 13, 2007 07:48:14 pm
      Im gonna have to agree with King Kenny (both this one and the real one in all aspects) Berbatov scored a total of 23 goals last season and his season doesn't look like being any different also hes pretty good at linking play a total of eight assists and two already this season
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Reply #14: Nov 13, 2007 08:54:43 pm
      At international level he has scored 37 goals in 59 appearances, and overall for spurs 25 goal in about 57 appearances.  He is a good player curse i am not going to be fooled by those stats.  Not all stats give a clear picture of a player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Nov 14, 2007 08:30:09 am
      Was thinking what you wrote as soon as i read Eddie's post King Kenny.

His sheer prescence on the field is a boost to them team unlike Kuyt. Im sure you know Eddie that its not all scoring for a stand out striker, its the other things they do on a pitch. Berbatov knows where to be, can finish a move and sets up his team mates. Kuyt just runs around and maybe grabs a goal after 5 shots.

My fear is, Scum and Chelski will push the price out of our reach with their 'interest'
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Reply #16: Nov 14, 2007 11:46:36 am
      I think that the progress of Babbel 6-8 weeks could be influential in the decision of going after a proven goal scorer.  I think if Babbel starts to play really well then we may well opt for another youngster or cheaper option in the near future, whether that being in this transfer window or the next. 

I think that Berbatov at Liverpool will return around 1 goal 2 games.
      Yawaray
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #17: Nov 20, 2007 02:34:28 pm
      Kuyt should go. Enough of his sh*t. We have showed him enough love and patience. No need of going for berbatov who might destroy our dream remember what Diouf did to Gerrard Hueller. Babel is a striker who would no doubt produce more goals than berbatov if well fed. He is young sharp and fast. His goals are simply special. We should go for Quaresma for our left handside and pair Torres and Babel up front. Croucn is a lot better than Kuyt so crouch should stay.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #18: Nov 20, 2007 02:41:02 pm
      Way, way too harsh on Kuyt mate. There are differing opinions on whether he's what we need, but don't you think it's a bit OTT to say you've had enough of his sh*t. Regardless of whether they think he's good enough I think everyone would agree that he gives 110% whenever he plays, and for that alone he deserves some respect.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Reply #19: Nov 20, 2007 09:13:58 pm
      Kuyt should go. Enough of his sh*t. We have showed him enough love and patience.

I don't think professionalism is sh*t, nor are hard work and effort! 
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #20: Nov 20, 2007 11:45:42 pm
      Kuyt should go. Enough of his sh*t.

That's nice.

I think you're bang out of order with Kuyt.  He is a very consistant performer in the squad, even if he doesn't get us goals, the work he does for the team cannot be ignored.

For the 5th time I've probably said this, get Berbatov in if we lose a striker in January.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Reply #21: Nov 22, 2007 09:23:24 pm
      Yawaray, you are new to this forum so first of all I want to welcome you on board.  Secondly, your views do represent a very small section of this forum that only have two measurements of a persons talent that they're either pathetic or sensational. 
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #22: Dec 04, 2007 12:22:26 pm
      Kuyt should go. Enough of his sh*t. We have showed him enough love and patience. No need of going for berbatov who might destroy our dream remember what Diouf did to Gerrard Hueller. Babel is a striker who would no doubt produce more goals than berbatov if well fed. He is young sharp and fast. His goals are simply special. We should go for Quaresma for our left handside and pair Torres and Babel up front. Croucn is a lot better than Kuyt so crouch should stay.

Kuyt brings so much to the team( well when he plays)

1 He is strong when on the ball
      2 He has amazing Stamina and keeps fighting
      3 He Works Extremely Hard

He dosent need goals he is worth double the 10million we paid for him

Quick Reply