Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Roma?

Loris Karius
      5 (3.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (3%)
      James Milner
      11 (8.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      11 (8.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      72 (53.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (13.4%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (0.7%)
      Dominic Solanke
      1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: May 06, 2018 09:37:24 pm

AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: (LFC Win 7-6 agg) In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35722 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Re: AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: (LFC Win 7-6 agg) In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: May 02, 2018 10:41:38 pm
      When Rafa brought the boys home in 2005 it was the best home coming I have ever witnessed however if Jürgen brings the boys home as winners I think the City will go mental and over a million will turn out,
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,321 posts | 1408 
      Reply #576: May 02, 2018 10:46:07 pm
      Our game management rears it’s ugly head- I’m looking at my buddies wth 20 minutes to go thinking we can hold on - they needed to score 3 ffs

The way we have got to the final is strangely disappointing

We conceded 6 to these

4 and 2 to the stupid ref..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #577: May 02, 2018 10:46:39 pm
      anyone who thinks Trent didn't have a good game need to get a grip he is just 19 and will have gained so much experience from tonight and even the pundits thought he was awesome. Lovren had a few moments but tonight we shouldn't be picking out negatives we should be enjoying the fact we are in the CL Final

He had a couple of bad moments but it didn't stop him from trying and he had some good moments against a tough opponent. It cannot be underestimated just how impressive he has been. To come in and establish himself at such a young age at this level something even Gerrard wasn't doing two decades ago, and be the first choice right back for a side that has reached the European Cup final is nothing short of remarkable and a fine testament to his hard work and ability, as well as Klopp and co's work on him.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #578: May 02, 2018 10:47:07 pm
      Yes but you lessen the chance of winning by not learning from past mistake and repeating them...
      If we do the same with Real, Bring on a defender with 10-15 to go, taking the pressure off of them, and allowing them to attack us relentlessly, they, are the one team that more than capable for putting three or four past us.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #579: May 02, 2018 10:47:18 pm
      Still smiling
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #580: May 02, 2018 10:47:50 pm
      Yes but you lessen the chance of winning by not learning from past mistake and repeating them...
      If we do the same with Real, Bring on a defender with 10-15 to go, taking the pressure off of them, and allowing them to attack us relentlessly, they, are the one team that more than capable for putting three or four past us.

No there is only winning
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1538 
      Re: AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #581: May 02, 2018 10:47:58 pm
      We were poor tonight by our own standards.
      Could have been down to nerves. Not many been put under pressure in those circumstances before, and Roma got some good seasoned pros there.
      We held out, even with a dodgy pen call and an unfortunate rebound!
      Don’t think we’ll play that bad again. ( second half) and would have learnt loads from that,
      Enjoy, and safe journey home all you travellers !
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #582: May 02, 2018 10:49:25 pm
      If you're not having a heart attack you're not a Liverpool fan.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #583: May 02, 2018 10:49:39 pm
      At 2-1 up it needed fresh legs.
      Kept dropping deeper and deeper instead,
      which is always the teams undoing.

Unfortunately the attacking and midfield options aren't really there,
      where as beforehand Ox and Can from the bench would have done the job there.
      Especially Ox with his bursts from midfield lately.

Ifs and buts etc.

If Lallana can make it to the bench in Kiev in a fit and firing state then even something small like that can help relieve the pressure on our lads immensely. God, I wish it was possible that we could play all the players that started for the full 90 minutes but it just isn't possible at this stage of the season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #584: May 02, 2018 10:50:49 pm
      He had a couple of bad moments but it didn't stop him from trying and he had some good moments against a tough opponent. It cannot be underestimated just how impressive he has been. To come in and establish himself at such a young age at this level something even Gerrard wasn't doing two decades ago, and be the first choice right back for a side that has reached the European Cup final is nothing short of remarkable and a fine testament to his hard work and ability, as well as Klopp and co's work on him.

you shouldn't pick holes in a 19 year olds performance you should only encourage the lad and he did oh so well tonight.
      Klarius was really good too we are in the CL final despite the REF giving two terrible penalties and the back of Milners head.
      Love the club and just rejoice in what is to come
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #585: May 02, 2018 10:51:34 pm
      Said and done, we're in the finals and don;t expect us to walk all over Roma. They were well prepared for this return leg. I am of the opinion that the lads did ok.  I've always been critical of the team, but I have lowered my expectations over time in view of the quality of players we have now. Lets be honest we have perhaps 3 world class players and a good mix of hardworking average players and we reached the finals, it is simply over achievement for me. Bring on RM, there are plenty of weaknesses that we can exploit.  I am sure Klopp knows what those weaknesses are. In fact I fear facing Bayern more than RM.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #586: May 02, 2018 10:53:15 pm
      Kiev CL final its got to be the team in RED
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #587: May 02, 2018 10:55:29 pm
      RedWilly

• 9,200 posts | 1642 
      Reply #588: May 02, 2018 10:55:48 pm
      Strange think about being a "Keyboard Warrior" is that you get a better overall view of things than someone standing on the touch line, As I have pointed out this "Defender for Attacker" has cost us  points over all the time Klopp has been here...

And if you are happy just getting to a final, then bully for you, Me, I would like to see us win things....
      And I do not profess to know everything, and never have

But here something for you, Remember that little "Keyboard Warrior" thing when you question something Klopp does...

Shut up you weirdo!

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEX ALLEZ ALLEZ ALKEZ!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #589: May 02, 2018 10:57:03 pm
      Said and done, we're in the finals and don;t expect us to walk all over Roma. They were well prepared for this return leg. I am of the opinion that the lads did ok.  I've always been critical of the team, but I have lowered my expectations over time in view of the quality of players we have now. Lets be honest we have perhaps 3 world class players and a good mix of hardworking average players and we reached the finals, it is simply over achievement for me. Bring on RM, there are plenty of weaknesses that we can exploit.  I am sure Klopp knows what those weaknesses are. In fact I fear facing Bayern more than RM.

5 WC players! Mane, Salah, Firmino, VVD and Robertson with Keita making the 6th next season :D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #590: May 02, 2018 10:57:16 pm
      Shut up you weirdo!

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEX ALLEZ ALLEZ ALKEZ!!
      Hey Willy that so funny  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Tadders

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #591: May 02, 2018 11:00:06 pm
      Love Milner
      RedWilly

• 9,200 posts | 1642 
      Reply #592: May 02, 2018 11:07:04 pm

As WAHS has said previous ODDBALL WEIRDO BLERT DIVY

If you can’t enbky tonight then you aren’t a red!

Those lads tonight all showed they are proper reds! Can’t believe what Jürgen has done with this club ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #593: May 02, 2018 11:09:47 pm
      Quote from: VVD
      The penalty was really strange imo. I didn't think it was a pen. The 5th official said it was no pen and I think it was no pen.

https://streamable.com/crt3v

The 5th official is next to the goal, right? I can't believe the ref ignored him when he had more of a clear view than the ref.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #594: May 02, 2018 11:10:23 pm
      Yes Yes Yes

Get the F**k in

now let's crush Real Madrid on the 26th.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #595: May 02, 2018 11:11:07 pm
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #596: May 02, 2018 11:15:35 pm
      Quote of the night
      Itv reporter
      You got a bit lucky Djeko clean through then given offside and the TAA seemed to handle the ball and there could have been two red cards, two penalties?

VVD "who cares!!"
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #597: May 02, 2018 11:16:37 pm

Well if Milly can laugh at his own goal now there's no reason for any of us to act miserable.
      Get the F**k in!! You're next Madrid!!!!

Quick Reply