Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST

Read 61038 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #391: May 24, 2018 10:49:34 pm
      Once again its indicative of UEFA  they haven't got a clue about Fan safety its just about how much money they can make.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #392: May 24, 2018 10:54:32 pm
      If anyone is hurt I hope UEFA get taken to the cleaners for this is their choice of venue and it wasn't chosen for it being the safest facility it was chosen because they  bid the most money.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #393: May 24, 2018 10:55:45 pm

The Liverpool Expeditionary Force has landed and is making its way across Europe.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #394: May 24, 2018 10:59:29 pm

Saw that before. Bad that. Hope everyone is sound.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #395: May 25, 2018 12:42:34 am
      Hope the lads stay 100% focus. This is the biggest game of their lives and  they have to push  themselves over the line. If we performed the way we did against Man City, RM will have a tough time. Watched Rm in their latest games, they are certainly beatable and their defence don't like surprises. Forget about headers, they have that area pretty well covered. Go behind their defence and they will be in sixes and sevens. Watch out for Marcelo. They have a slow midfield, rob them off the possession and they will struggle.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #396: May 25, 2018 06:51:21 am
      How does everyone think we’ll play it tactically? Do we let them have the ball and play on the counter? Exploit the spaces left by Marcelo or go full on Gegenpress?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #397: May 25, 2018 06:52:51 am
      I've had my 84 year old Mum in hospital fighting for her life since Monday, Docs told us to say our good byes and that she would most likely pass away during the next few hours. Well it's 3 days later and my Mum is alive, well, but a bit confused and very sore and sorry for all the medication she has taken.

It's been a miracle to be honest, haven't had much time to get excited about the Match but with Mum on the up turn, I'm looking for another miracle in Kyiv. Come on Boys, let's do these rich Cu*ts!! Bring home Number 6. Let's hope we don't need the miracle and we just batter them from the off!!!
      +18
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #398: May 25, 2018 07:17:52 am
      I've had my 84 year old Mum in hospital fighting for her life since Monday, Docs told us to say our good byes and that she would most likely pass away during the next few hours. Well it's 3 days later and my Mum is alive, well, but a bit confused and very sore and sorry for all the medication she has taken.

It's been a miracle to be honest, haven't had much time to get excited about the Match but with Mum on the up turn, I'm looking for another miracle in Kyiv. Come on Boys, let's do these rich Cu*ts!! Bring home Number 6. Let's hope we don't need the miracle and we just batter them from the off!!!

Sorry to hear this. Hope she continues to pull through
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #399: May 25, 2018 07:22:48 am

I'm so sorry to hear that, Ian. My prayers are with you mate. I hope she makes a full recovery.

That's the battling Red spirit we all are so fond of.

Hopefully the upturn will culminate with us winning No.6 so you can celebrate wildly.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #400: May 25, 2018 07:27:55 am

All the best mate, mums are special
      Jimsouse67

• 9,549 posts | 1495 
      Reply #401: May 25, 2018 07:37:22 am

Great news on the up turn mate ,Mums are resilient & they are fighters just like our reds,come the final whistle Saturday night you can have a double celebration.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #402: May 25, 2018 08:13:32 am
      Nerves proper kicking in now! F**k knows what I'll be like come kick off.

All the best to your mum and the rest of the family mate.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #403: May 25, 2018 08:21:13 am

Awww F**k sake!! I’m so sorry to hear that mate!! Hope she pulls though ok! (I’m sure she will)
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #404: May 25, 2018 08:23:57 am

Sorry to hear mate everything else comes second now.

YNWA.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #405: May 25, 2018 08:34:16 am
      One More Sleep.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #406: May 25, 2018 08:34:35 am

That's great news that your Mum has pulled through and is on the mend. Time for you to start getting as anxious about the game as we all are now. :-)
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #407: May 25, 2018 08:45:46 am
      Awoke from a dream yesterday afternoon in which I was unable to watch the game (Not going to happen by the way!) but saw the final score and details on screen and spoiled everything for the people who I was with, anyhow details;

Liverpool won 5-2 the scorers were five individuals for LFC with Salah at the top of the list don't know whether that made him our last or first scorer?
      Madrid's Goals were both O.G's Couldn't see any names BUT the first one was a single minute goal i.e. 1st-9th minute.
      Can't recall any other details like times or names other than what I've already mentioned.
      Like everyone else on here I CAN'T WAIT the Dis/Advantage of this is it's a 4-45AM Ko For me so Yes I start the day with game of Football but will have all day with little sleep to either celebrate or commiserate.
      COYR No.6 PLEASE!
      Update; Just backed my dream with odds of 125/1 so fingers crossed!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #408: May 25, 2018 09:03:17 am

Great news about Mum.

You may not be far off that score line mate.. First half blitz by the red me should see us through.. I fancy us getting 4 or more tomorrow night..

Porto, City & Roma testify to this..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #409: May 25, 2018 09:07:27 am
      This is starting to feel quite close now.  Was chatting last night to a non-red about the game and I said I thought we'd score first, they'd score last so it's just a case of who gets the ones in the middle.

I don't think we're favourites, and I'm not hugely confident but I'm not nervous either.  Feeling of the day is probably excited.

It's my lads sports day today and he's gone in representing in the full kit so at least I've got something to keep my mind occupied for a few hours!

All the best AussieRed's mum.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #410: May 25, 2018 09:36:59 am
      All the best Aussie, thoughts with your mum.

Am buzzing for this now, some of the videos and banners are mad :D

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #411: May 25, 2018 10:26:05 am
      Come on reds...Kiev will be red with lfc fans.

Have friends who started road trip yesterday to Kiev - 24h drive :) I didn't get vacation from work:(
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #412: May 25, 2018 10:43:50 am

Good to hear your mum's on the mend, we literally had to do that what you describe there with my nan, so can imagine what you been going through.

Not really anxious or nervous, I just know this week has dragged like a b***ard. Gonna have to play tea-boy today for the tiler who's tiling the kitchen floor, as well as watching the cricket. :laugh:

Nerves & a slight bit of jealousy will probably starting kicking in tomorrow, when start seeing a lot of the build up of fans in Ukraine online & on the news
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #413: May 25, 2018 10:45:56 am
      UEFA are idiots and corrupt bas**rds.

They should pick few cities to host the CL final and depending on which teams get to the final, they pick a stadium that is reasonably travellable. For example, for this final, it could have been France, Italy, etc. etc. Yes, I know it is difficult for people to book hotels, planes, etc. but it is worse this time. From semi finals opposition, you almost get where it could be hosted so people have enough time. Anyway, rant over.

I think we will miss Oxlade Chamberlain and his energy in midfield, hope Gini/Milner can do the job in his absence.

Quick Reply