Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 169387 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #943: Jul 18, 2018 04:16:37 pm
      This Fekir fella certainly is no longer a priority with Shaqiri already joining us because Shaqiri can also be deployed as a central attacking midfielder. Also now that we will spend big on Alisson, I think Fekir's transfer can be forgotten.

Fekir is better than Shaqiri so I'd rather not forget him and get him back in that Liverpool kit.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #944: Jul 18, 2018 04:17:28 pm
      This Fekir fella certainly is no longer a priority with Shaqiri already joining us because Shaqiri can also be deployed as a central attacking midfielder. Also now that we will spend big on Alisson, I think Fekir's transfer can be forgotten.

Wrong!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #945: Jul 18, 2018 04:19:10 pm

Where's the minus button???
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #946: Jul 18, 2018 04:21:18 pm

He's clearly trying hard to have it reinstated.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #947: Jul 18, 2018 05:18:05 pm
      Looks like this is truly over. We lost the intresset after the medical.

Think we have used our transfer funds this season. Cou money (vvd+allison) and this seasons transfer funds (fabinho, shaqiri and keita?) Did we pay majority of the money for keita this season, or did we paid last year when the deal was agreed?

The owners have said that they wont spend silly money, but only the money club generates. maybe somebody with more sense of LFC economics will shed some light on this.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #948: Jul 18, 2018 05:22:02 pm

Think we have used our transfer funds this season. Cou money (vvd+allison) and this seasons transfer funds (fabinho, shaqiri and keita?) Did we pay majority of the money for keita this season, or did we paid last year when the deal was agreed?

The owners have said that they wont spend silly money, but only the money club generates. maybe somebody with more sense of LFC economics will shed some light on this.

Not sure where you are getting any of this?

VVD wasn’t Coutinho money. Keita wasn’t either. So Allison and Fabinho and Shaq would come out of that and we should still have more to spend (Fekir).
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #949: Jul 18, 2018 05:23:44 pm

The only sensible response right now that I care to respond to.
      You know what, I think we actually used Fekir as a camouflage to get Shaqiri's deal :p
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #950: Jul 18, 2018 05:30:32 pm

Yeah I don't think this one is over at all..would imagine once the GK gets signed this one we get taken care of.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #951: Jul 18, 2018 05:33:56 pm
      If we sign allison and fekir i will have michael edward's name tattooed on my knob
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #952: Jul 18, 2018 05:34:03 pm
      Apparently talks are ongoing and progressing
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #953: Jul 18, 2018 05:38:05 pm
      Not sure where you are getting any of this?

VVD wasn’t Coutinho money. Keita wasn’t either. So Allison and Fabinho and Shaq would come out of that and we should still have more to spend (Fekir).

Im no insider. just trying to add 2 + 2. Not trying to portray my post as fact but just sharing what i thought happened this season. il try to explain it better.

We had a transfer budget, since the owners themselves have said club will only spend what itself generates.

We signed fabinho very early because he was for a position that JK wants to improve this season. for him this seemed to take priority over anything else.

Then we went for Fekir, deal agreed around 65* (around what we have paid for Alisson) something happend. either he failed the medical/ we try to lower the fee.

The keeper wasnt something JK was prioritizing, hence the Ward and Karius comments. Karius makes mistake again. We know somehow Alisson wants us. Board asks JK or whatever, Fekir isnt fit enough and we have shaqiri.

Like i have posted before, JK like players who can play in different roles. OX didnt get games in the midfield at arse, but JK is brave enough to play him there. Maybe JK is thinking the same with Shaqiri?
      it doesnt even have to be shaqiri who plays as a AM. what about bobby as AM, shaqiri on the right and Salah becomes our striker?

JK thinks that a AM isnt a priority anymore, lets get a top keeper.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2018 05:48:10 pm by Billo »
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #954: Jul 18, 2018 05:42:06 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #955: Jul 18, 2018 06:05:42 pm
      Im no insider. just trying to add 2 + 2. Not trying to portray my post as fact but just sharing what i thought happened this season. il try to explain it better.

We had a transfer budget, since the owners themselves have said club will only spend what itself generates.

We signed fabinho very early because he was for a position that JK wants to improve this season. for him this seemed to take priority over anything else.

Then we went for Fekir, deal agreed around 65* (around what we have paid for Alisson) something happend. either he failed the medical/ we try to lower the fee.

The keeper wasnt something JK was prioritizing, hence the Ward and Karius comments. Karius makes mistake again. We know somehow Alisson wants us. Board asks JK or whatever, Fekir isnt fit enough and we have shaqiri.

Like i have posted before, JK like players who can play in different roles. OX didnt get games in the midfield at arse, but JK is brave enough to play him there. Maybe JK is thinking the same with Shaqiri?
      it doesnt even have to be shaqiri who plays as a AM. what about bobby as AM, shaqiri on the right and Salah becomes our striker?

JK thinks that a AM isnt a priority anymore, lets get a top keeper.

If everything is on the up and up I suspect we had 200+ million to spend, see no reason why we can't get Fekir too.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #956: Jul 18, 2018 06:05:47 pm

Gonna have to be with the news that Ox is going to miss the entire season now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #957: Jul 18, 2018 06:08:58 pm
      If we sign allison and fekir i will have michael edward's name tattooed on my knob

Check out Mr. Well Endowed over here.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #958: Jul 18, 2018 06:13:01 pm
      Gonna have to be with the news that Ox is going to miss the entire season now.

Gutted for him but Ox coming back in the 19/20 season will be like a new signing.
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #959: Jul 18, 2018 06:23:02 pm
      Gutted for him but Ox coming back in the 19/20 season will be like a new signing.

Odd timing of the news given we are still in talks for Fekir (supposedly). It just gives Lyon the opportunity to demand for money from us since it's a real need now.

I hope and pray the Fekir news are true and that we are continuing to push for it and not that we spent the Fekir money on Alisson. That'd be a massive mistake for next season now that we know Ox is out.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #960: Jul 18, 2018 06:24:38 pm
      Odd timing of the news given we are still in talks for Fekir (supposedly). It just gives Lyon the opportunity to demand for money from us since it's a real need now.

I hope and pray the Fekir news are true and that we are continuing to push for it and not that we spent the Fekir money on Alisson. That'd be a massive mistake for next season now that we know Ox is out.

The club has know all along he was going to be out for the year...I am sure they will deal with it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #961: Jul 18, 2018 06:36:54 pm

I really don't think there's anything odd about it. Jürgen was inevitably going to be asked about Chamberlain and for the sake of closing down debate and media comment thought it best to settle it once and for all not just for his sake but for Alex's sake most of all. The last thing he would want is constant nagging as to when he will be back. In addition, I can't see how it will affect a potential showdown with Lyon.
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #962: Jul 18, 2018 06:36:54 pm
      The club has know all along he was going to be out for the year...I am sure they will deal with it.

Hope they deal with it through a transfer and not make do with what we currently have. Right now only have Lallana, Milner, Gini, Fabinho, Keita and Hendo, so 6 players of which 2 (Fabinho and Hendo) are for the #6 spot.

An injury prone Lallana, aging Milner, Gini and Keita are not enough cover for the 2 remaining midfield spots over a full season looking to compete on multiple fronts.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #963: Jul 18, 2018 06:38:23 pm
      Hope they deal with it through a transfer and not make do with what we currently have. Right now only have Lallana, Milner, Gini, Fabinho, Keita and Hendo, so 6 players of which 2 (Fabinho and Hendo) are for the #6 spot.

An injury prone Lallana, aging Milner, Gini and Keita are not enough cover for the 2 remaining midfield spots over a full season looking to compete on multiple fronts.

Hence why we are in for Fekir and always have been.
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #964: Jul 18, 2018 06:42:46 pm
      Hence why we are in for Fekir and always have been.

Correct, but i think the timing of the Ox announcement is odd because it puts us at a disadvantage at the bargaining table, be it Fekir or someone else, because now teams know we HAVE to get another player. Then again, we listened to the panic and almost doubled the record fee for a goalie with clear flaws and only 1 good season, so who knows.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #965: Jul 18, 2018 06:44:42 pm
      Correct, but i think the timing of the Ox announcement is odd because it puts us at a disadvantage at the bargaining table, be it Fekir or someone else, because now teams know we HAVE to get another player. Then again, we listened to the panic and almost doubled the record fee for a goalie with clear flaws and only 1 good season, so who knows.

I think that the Fekir deal is done and dusted (hence why you see nobody else in for him)...Klopp isn't stupid and neither is the club, if they thought it was going to harm future deals they would have sat on the info until after the window closed.

Quick Reply