Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Loris Karius
      16 (11.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      34 (24.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      69 (50.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Voting closed: May 30, 2018 09:39:22 pm

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 54521 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Re: Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #851: May 27, 2018 01:34:19 pm
      Find it easily to talk about it on here. For some reason talking about last night out loud is harder to take right now..

in that respect (only) I am fortunate in that most of the people around me know little to nothing about it. I had  my jersey on yesterday walking about the neighborhood and nobody knew what it was. Occasionally someone will, but not often. However I was walking past a place after the match and they were having a  holiday party, and I distinctly heard someone shout out "Gareth Bale!" and I just wanted to go wreck the place.

But I've already started obsessing over next year's squad and how we will scale the mountaintop(s).
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #852: May 27, 2018 01:40:47 pm
      However I was walking past a place after the match and they were having a  holiday party, and I distinctly heard someone shout out "Gareth Bale!" and I just wanted to go wreck the place.

F***ing United fans everywhere ;)
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #853: May 27, 2018 01:46:11 pm
      Won't forget how we played in the games leading to the final.
      Have to try an focus on that, and not last nights result :)
      Absolutely,you me & many others will not forget this season in a hurry,we played some intense and amazing football to get to last nights final & in the process it also highlighted what we need going forward ,reds fans all over the world included us on these boards  have seen what we need,the gaffer surely knows what we need now  I presume & I hope the owners F***ing back him but I'm not holding my breath.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #854: May 27, 2018 01:54:32 pm
      I am still utterly confused about the whole game last night its like a bad episode of Dallas and Bobby is about to come out of the shower it was just a bad dream.
      That Benzema goal was probably the craziest one I have ever seen.
      Funny thing is it was so awful last night to comedic levels I am not angry just confused

It was "comical" to an extent, but I'm still pretty sour about it.  If we had lost 1-0 to Bale's stunner, it would be the type of loss that is easy to move on from.  Losing like this however will leave me asking "what if" for a long time. 

There were a few positives to take from the match:

1.  I was terrified about the TAA vs Ronaldo matchup coming into the game.  Regardless of anyone's personal view of him, Ronaldo is still one of the best players in the world currently, and in the conversation for GOAT.  Trent kept him quiet all game, which is a huge accomplishment for such a young lad.  Expect big things from this kid in the future.

2.  Mane showed (again) how important he is, and that he has the quality to succeed on the biggest of stages. 

3.  The much maligned defense looked fairly comfortable all game.  Starting to look like a solid base that a champion level side can be built upon. 

There were also some negatives:

1.  I won't dwell too much on Karius -- everyone makes mistakes.  I just think he makes too many and needs to be replaced this summer. 

2.  We looked the better team when Mo was on the pitch.  The drop off in quality from the starting 11 to the subs bench is abysmal.  As soon as Mo left the pitch, we went flat and never really looked like winning. 

3.  Our midfield....  All of Milner, Hendo, and Gini are good players.  When we have a fit and firing front 3 with Ox available, their limitations are well hidden.  When they need to step up, none can be regularly counted on to produce.  Keita will help, and Fekir (if true) will be a further boost.  But yesterday, we were completely outmatched in the middle. 

Lessons learned:  Hopefully Jürgen and FSG have realized that having a great starting 11 means little if you have nothing to back it up in times of need.  We are short about 5 top level players who are needed to supplement the quality of the first 11.  Hopefully, yesterday's performance and result drove this fact home. 

Enjoy the summer lads.  See you in about 10 weeks.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,532 posts | 3469 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #855: May 27, 2018 01:57:05 pm
      Must be an absolute masochist, decided to become a subscriber
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #856: May 27, 2018 01:58:11 pm
      Must be an absolute masochist, decided to become a subscriber

1000 likes, well in Ralph :)  … that is Ralph right?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #857: May 27, 2018 02:01:34 pm
      That was old real marid team, way beat them was pace and l put moneo on second half as wide player l feel boss no plan  when things going wrong

Go and have a kip.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #858: May 27, 2018 02:16:20 pm
      So disappointed after last night, I don't know where to start.

Karius will get slaughtered, and rightly so, but there were a few players who didn't turn up last night which I'll get to in a minute.

Sadly I didn't get a ticket for the final and I couldn't find a route to Kiev I was happy with so I watched the game in my house and had a few mates round. One was a blue and he asked me how I thought the game would go. My reply was we will come sprinting out the blocks and be the better team for the first 30 mins and then Madrid will get a foot on the ball and start bossing the game. Well, that's pretty much how I thought it went.

We started very well and were the better team. Ramos, the dirty c**t, blatantly brings Salah down which forces him to go off injured. That took the sting out of us and it gave them some breathing space and they grew in confidence.

Jürgen made the wrong call putting lallana on in the front 3. I've said it endless times on this forum alone that lallana is not a LW. He just doesn't have the pace to go past a player. He is a 10 all day long so play him in the middle or don't play him at all. Playing him in the front three is just a waste, we might as well play with 10 men. Im no fan of his but I'd still have considered putting in Moreno at LW instead.

They began to dominate the play and it was very noticeable to me the difference in quality between the two midfields. Now back to my earlier point of players not turning up...can anybody tell me where Jordan Henderson was? Our f**king captain? Where the f**k was he in the biggest game of his career? Where was he when we needed him most? I thought he was f**king abysmal.

Again, I've said it endless times on here that he isn't good enough. He isn't the standard required it's that f**king simple and it pains me that some of you just can't f**king see it.

The standard required is what we saw last night or what we've seen over 38 games from the city midfield this season. Hendo can't play one half decent game every six or seven and get away with it. We need somebody who turns up and gives an 8 or a 9 every f**king week. And what was he last night? A 2 at best.

I've also said, endless times, that the front three often bail Hendo out. When they're firing then you don't notice the poor performances from the midfielders at times. When they aren't firing though or we aren't feeding them the ball, we need somebody from the middle to stand up and be counted. Grab the game by the scruff. Lead by example. Take control. And you never see that from f**king henderson.

I don't mean to turn this into a Jordan Henderson bashing post because he wasn't the only disappointment last night, but I'm as angry with his performance every bit as I am over the mistakes that Karius made.  I've been called all sorts for labelling Henderson as a 'shithouse' on here, but that last night was a typical Jordan Henderson SHITHOUSE performance.

Anyway. Moving on. I've argued all season that karius is better than Mignolet and I still stand by that strongly. Anybody who disagrees has a very short memory in my opinion. But Karius proved last night that he isn't the level required either. He choked in the biggest game of his career and the game that mattered most to us. The pressure got to him and he crumbled.  We can't go into these type of games with a goalie who shits himself. We can't go into these type of games always wondering if our goalie is going to f**k up and cost us the match. It rubs off on the team too and it causes panic and aload of nerves.

So first things first. This summer Jürgen better grow a pair. Sell Mignolet to any club dumb enough to take him. Swerve this experiment with Karius and drop him to the bench. Spend big on a new number 1. It has to be our top priority this summer.

Then we move on to the midfield. Jordan Henderson needs taking out and dropped to the bench. He could be a great squad player for us but he shouldn't be in the first 11. Not if we want to win titles and win European cups. Same with Gini as well. He's a shithouse too and picks and chooses when he turns up. Not good enough. Get both on the bench and bring in another top cm or two to partner Keita and sit back and watch (and f**king enjoy) the difference.

Imagine if we had a midfield that were technically brilliant as well as being 'just runners'. We would be unstoppable.

Then we need a new cb. He was brilliant last night I thought Lovren but he is another one who just isn't good enough. If we persist with him next season then I will make a bet now that he will cost us at least 6 goals with huge, huge errors and we will drop points. As I keep saying, it's not the standard required. We can't afford to have any liabilities in the team if we're serious about winning titles.

Look, we've had a good season and I think we all agree that we're in progression. We keep improving and we're getting better week by week. Last night was disappointing but we saw and realised that we're not quite the level we all hope to be at just yet. We're not far away at all but klopp and FSG need to be more ruthless now and bring in the final pieces of the jigsaw so we can finally get over that line and bring number 19 and number 6 back to anfield.

Congratulations on a great season reds and thank you for giving me some great memories. City away was up there with the best matches I've ever been too. Despite my current disappointment and sad feelings, I'm so excited for next season. I just hope and pray klopp brings the right players in and improves the areas we badly need to upgrade on.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #859: May 27, 2018 02:21:09 pm
      The blame wheel no doubt will turn from karius, players klopp and back around to fsg, edwards etc. As predictable as ever

Why should it not be predictable if there is an element of truth in the suggestion that JWH&Co should shoulder responsibility?

You mention Karius as a blame candidate and some would say it could only be expected of a 'keeper who was understudy to Mignolet, an acknowledged failure.

There are others who were a liability on the night but Karius bore the brunt of the pointing fingers.
      We are promised Keita next season by the FSG PA set up, what good is Keita to a squad that has been in meltdown for 8 years?
      The manager has done an absolutely amazing job of taking us so near the pinnacle of success, unfortunately our owners are apparently happy with the rewards of second place.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #860: May 27, 2018 02:21:49 pm
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #861: May 27, 2018 02:22:29 pm
      Exactly what I was thinking at the time 😡👆
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,532 posts | 3469 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #862: May 27, 2018 02:26:55 pm
      Why should it not be predictable if there is an element of truth in the suggestion that JWH&Co should shoulder responsibility?

You mention Karius as a blame candidate and some would say it could only be expected of a 'keeper who was understudy to Mignolet, an acknowledged failure.

There are others who were a liability on the night but Karius bore the brunt of the pointing fingers.
      We are promised Keita next season by the FSG PA set up, what good is Keita to a squad that has been in meltdown for 8 years?
      The manager has done an absolutely amazing job of taking us so near the pinnacle of success, unfortunately our owners are apparently happy with the rewards of second place.

Why would the owners or anyone be happy with second place when you can make more money coming first.
      RedWilly

• 9,217 posts | 1646 
      Reply #863: May 27, 2018 02:30:11 pm

Will you give it a F***ing rest Stuey.

Our season finished less than 24 hours ago and you’re on about what use is Keita? So they bring players in and get criticized and don’t bring players in and they will be criticized? Meltdown for 8 years? Not exactly true that is it, we’ve just competed for Europe’s biggest prize.

Our starting XI is as strong as it’s been in a long time, now we need to get some world class players in those key positions we all know are an issue and move some of the current XI to the bench.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #864: May 27, 2018 02:35:20 pm
      Woke up this morning.. with a slightest hope that it was a dream.

Quickly came round to a realisation that I had not dreamed up that awful game.  :f_wah:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,747 posts | 7177 
      Reply #865: May 27, 2018 02:44:50 pm
      Quote and Reply

We could've put a f**king Mondeo on and it wouldn't have mattered, tit.

How the hell did you decipher that post I could make anything out of it
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #866: May 27, 2018 02:46:05 pm
      Why would the owners or anyone be happy with second place when you can make more money coming first.

To make money takes money (and commitment).

JWH&Co have stated they will not use their own money to back LFC, in other words the company will be a self financing entity generating it's own funds.
      By definition that statement indicates that LFC is a fully viable asset - a license to print money..

The owners can either milk the asset and take a very handsome premium for all concerned while doing next to F**k all or they can involve themselves in a practical and financial sense and increase their profit margins.

Apparently the former choice is preferable to owners who do not want to part with their dosh and refuse to take any interest in soccer.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #867: May 27, 2018 02:49:56 pm
      Will you give it a F***ing rest Stuey.

Our season finished less than 24 hours ago and you’re on about what use is Keita? So they bring players in and get criticized and don’t bring players in and they will be criticized? Meltdown for 8 years? Not exactly true that is it, we’ve just competed for Europe’s biggest prize.

Our starting XI is as strong as it’s been in a long time, now we need to get some world class players in those key positions we all know are an issue and move some of the current XI to the bench.

Give what a rest?

Stop telling the truth because it doesn't dovetail with your faulted agenda?

RedWilly

• 9,217 posts | 1646 
      Reply #868: May 27, 2018 02:57:13 pm
      Give what a rest?

Stop telling the truth because it doesn't dovetail with your faulted agenda?

My agenda? I’ve criticized these owners plenty.

But they could go out and sign Messi and co tomorrow and you would still be picking faults.

Only one with an agenda around here is you lad, and it’s F***ing boring.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,495 posts | 8677 
      Reply #869: May 27, 2018 03:15:07 pm
      Still feeling F***ing gutted!!

Positives from last night - considering he's been slaughtered for most of the season, I thought Lovren was immense, in fact our defence played very well. Mane was our only threat once Salah went off.

Negatives - Firmino went missing the longer the game went on, Milner looked lke he wasn't fully fit and started to flag in the second half, our midfield isn't strong enough. We need another top class midfielder as well as Keita in the summer and then there's Karius.................n ope still trying to process those two mistakes.

One final thing Ramos is still a F***ing horrible dog and Zidane's a snide laughing c**t.

It's going to a be a tw*t of a summer!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #870: May 27, 2018 03:32:59 pm
      My agenda? I’ve criticized these owners plenty.

But they could go out and sign Messi and co tomorrow and you would still be picking faults.

Only one with an agenda around here is you lad, and it’s F***ing boring.

Told you tell me which part of my posts is not correct.
      The owners have done nothing to avoid criticism, they. continue to under invest and show no commitment to the club.
       8 F***ing years of promises , nodding managers and no trophies.

The brilliant Jugen Klopp was appointed at surprising expense because of his ability to put together a winning side on a budget, albeit in a less difficult league than the Prem.

The manager can duck and dive all season but on a set budget runners up medals is all he can expect, yesterday's CL defeat is nevertheless an achievement but the cold truth is it is still second best.

You are apparently happy with being pipped at the post, much like JWH&Co who are less concerned but content with the market figures.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #871: May 27, 2018 03:40:03 pm
      Here is the thing... I don't care who and who does not like it.... Everyone and i mean EVERYONE has a right to an opinion like it or not, agree with it or not...

It they  chose to come on and bi*ch it is up to them... Your opinion does not carry any more weight or validity than anyone else's.

Nor should you feel treated by those opinions....

I like to read everyone's opinions. May not agree with them all, but i do not feel that I have to have a pop or insult someone just because I disagree

Yes debate can become heated at times, but we should ALL attempt to keep them civil.

No opinion is either right or wrong, it is simple just that, An opinon

Not quite true, opinions don't deserve sacred status and some opinions deserve all the vitriol they recieve.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #872: May 27, 2018 03:53:57 pm
      Let's clear this bale stuff up, injury prone and manages about 20 odd games a season and has been living off his copa del rey goal final goal for years when he beat a half fit bartra and geriatric goalkeeper, who seriously could justify his transfer fee and wages for the return he gives
      So £40m should do it then
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #873: May 27, 2018 04:15:11 pm
      I am still utterly confused about the whole game last night its like a bad episode of Dallas and Bobby is about to come out of the shower it was just a bad dream.
      That Benzema goal was probably the craziest one I have ever seen.
      Funny thing is it was so awful last night to comedic levels I am not angry just confused
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I hear you mate,I hear you

Quick Reply