Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Loris Karius
      16 (11.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      34 (24.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      69 (50.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Voting closed: May 30, 2018 09:39:22 pm

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 53321 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #920: May 28, 2018 11:03:24 am
      And as usual EUFA will let the tw*ts get away with the thuggery.I just hope the b***ard never shows up at Anfield.

I've always thought EUFA biased against English clubs. Retrospective action should of been taken as it clearly shows his intent to commit serious injury.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #921: May 28, 2018 11:25:45 am
      Can’t stand comments about Ramos and doing whatever necessary to win. Sorry, but when sportsmanship goes out the window, the whole point of sport does too. I’ll never forgive Ramos for ruining our night and Mo’s chance to upstage everyone. Utter c**t!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #922: May 28, 2018 11:35:09 am
      Still gutted, despondent, totally frustrated and shattered by that result.

Cried on and off for a good 24 hours, think I've lost some weight in my face!!!

Could have almost handled the loss if it was just down to that wonder goal by Bale the c**t. To lose the final the way we did, with Mo raped and pillaged by that Ramos c**t and then those 2 horrendous Karius mistakes, will haunt me for the rest of my days. Can only imagine what Loris, the Boys and Jürgen must be going through.

Don't feel like saying onward and upwards at the moment, I hope it's the case but these Finals don't come around every day and from the moment Salah went off, I knew we were fu**ed and when that final whistle went and I turned the TV off straight away, I wondered if and when the chance of re-atonement would ever come up again. Hopefully it is this season coming up and we can get back to bringing Number 6 home!!

I think we need a big group hug.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #923: May 28, 2018 12:19:17 pm
      Recurring nightmare.

Only one positive. Glad that lightweight Henderson didn't lift the Cup. He's no captain or leader.

All he could do is giggle like a kid in the press conference.
      Kopite78
      Reply #924: May 28, 2018 12:26:02 pm
      Recurring nightmare.

Only one positive. Glad that lightweight Henderson didn't lift the Cup. He's no captain or leader.

😪😪😪💤💤
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #925: May 28, 2018 12:26:41 pm
      Recurring nightmare.

Hendo was far from the reason we lost that game.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #926: May 28, 2018 12:35:43 pm

Hendo was far from the reason we lost that game.

C’mon lads.

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good witchunt.

Not specifically a pop at Miro.

It’s been creeping in the last 24 hours along with the revisionists who blame Kloppo and have us winning it with a different keeper........ignoring the fact that another keeper might’ve chucked one in in an earlier round.......

People just seek any life raft when they’re drowning in frustration.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #927: May 28, 2018 12:37:09 pm
      Recurring nightmare.

Just a quick reminder: no-one from our team lifted the trophy. If we had, I’d have been more than happy to see Henderson lift it. Works his socks off and rarely gets noticed...

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #928: May 28, 2018 12:39:24 pm
      The gulf in class of quality in midfield was laid bare last night with our players up front living off crumbs.
      Once Mo went off RM stepped up and compressed us into our half of the pitch knowing our midfield can’t handle being pressed and so it proved, without a outball Firmino and co were just peripheral.

Unfortunately until the club decide to splash the cash it will always be thus.

You know, Wijnaldum was the only player trying to relieve the pressure, and he did at times and was our strongest midfielder, but he can't do it alone as Milner and Hendo struggled. You are right too, our midfield was a huge reason why we struggled when Salah went off.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #929: May 28, 2018 12:43:18 pm
      Recurring nightmare.

Sorry that's pathetic
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #930: May 28, 2018 12:44:57 pm
      You can’t equate for deliberate wounding with intent and then upunishment, a world class goal that will be Bale’s pinnacle of his career nor two goal keeping mistakes the likes of which I haven’t seen for a long time.

Ramos should be ashamed of himself, the only thing I can say for the ref is that when looked at in real time it must have looked 50/50 but that is naive at best.

Ramos is a devious tw*t and infamous for cheating and inflicting injury, he conned that ref numerous times and if nothing else reciprocal action should be taken against the tw*t, the ref should be made to reapply for his badge and go through the process starting with amateur matches,

Can’t say anything about Bale’s goal. World class and unstoppable.

Wonder goal but 9 out of 10 overheads from that far out usually fail.

The two goal keeping mistakes. Well we need to splash the cash!. I respect Karius for what he has said, but we need a world class keeper and have for a bloody long time. Oblak for me.

Been that way since Pepe left and not splashing the cash has cost us dearly.

I’m hurting. Gonna go and get a F***ing good breakfast somewhere. Missus is out working all day so a few beers too F**k it.

Hope it helped mate well in order.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #931: May 28, 2018 01:14:39 pm
      Henderson, Gini and Milner are waterboys they work hard for the team but having three of them means no real guile or penetration into the oppositions defence.
      We lost Ox and to some extent Can but the three did ok two goal keeping errors and a wonder goal had F**k all to do with them but we do need better if we want to improve.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #932: May 28, 2018 01:30:49 pm
      Henderson, Gini and Milner are waterboys they work hard for the team but having three of them means no real guile or penetration into the oppositions defence.
      We lost Ox and to some extent Can but the three did ok two goal keeping errors and a wonder goal had f**k all to do with them but we do need better if we want to improve.

Ox was the real loss, wasn't he? As soon as Salah went off, I knew we would struggle. Had Ox been fit, I have no doubt we would have been more of a threat, but I still believed we could have won it if it weren't for that first mistake by Karius :(

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #933: May 28, 2018 02:29:34 pm
      Graham Beecroft said Mazic the ref, was one of the best refs in Europe and deserved to get the final, earlier in the week. The same Mazic who reffed Germany v Portugal at the 2010 WC, and was apparantly voted the worst ref at the tournament. I see why now.

Ramos did what Ramos does. We have VAR to cut down on foul play. Well we might, if we had the bottle to introduce it. There should be no injustices for either team in a final like this, now we have the means to make the right decision. Players won't get away with anything at the World Cup, where we'll have VAR to sort it out.

It's largely forgotten of course, but Karius made at least 3 outstanding stops and prevented 3 other certain goals, 2 in the first half mopping up errors by other players. So the scoreline could have been even more severe than it was, and it's unfair to put all the responsibility on his shoulders, when others made errors too.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #934: May 28, 2018 02:33:55 pm
      I’m not disappointed - I’m kinda empty. The hardest part in some ways is that there’s no game to look forward to now to blow away the cobwebs.

This in a nutshell, must be the onset of old age. ;)

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,974 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #935: May 28, 2018 02:34:11 pm
      Dunno if I'm going soft in my old years but i genuinely feel for Karius, there are no rhyme nor reasons why he made those errors, stage fright, brain farts or just plain lack of concentration maybe but i think we can all agree he has been very good since Klopp made him #1,
      and Virgil's arrival,

I agree however that we need a better pair of hands in order for us to further improve, whether ir not Jürgen feels the same i guess we'll find out soon enough,

Losing Mo thru that dirty b***ard Ramos was exactly the filip RM wanted, and i had  thoughts that they would revert to those tactics at some point in the game, but maybe later in the 2nd half

AOC & Can were massive losses too rendering our mids to the bare bones with no back up, but we held our own until f***in Monkey boy hit that worldy & Loris fumbling,

Got to be honest I'm still as low as shark sh*t but that Klopp video got me smiling again...what a man...what a manager...f***in love the bloke....he is a very very special human being...and WE ARE very lucky to have him as our own...

Onwards and upwards to titles with Jürgen that i have absolutely no doubt !!

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #936: May 28, 2018 02:37:52 pm
      Just a quick reminder: no-one from our team lifted the trophy. If we had, I’d have been more than happy to see Henderson lift it. Works his socks off and rarely gets noticed...

Still needs upgrading though, he's not dynamic enough to go forward with the ball, far too happy to go sideways or back.

But agree with earlier point, he isn't the reason we lost.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #937: May 28, 2018 02:54:44 pm
      Still needs upgrading though, he's not dynamic enough to go forward with the ball, far too happy to go sideways or back.

But agree with earlier point, he isn't the reason we lost.

Playing Henderson, Milner and Gini was silly really. All grafters but no creativity. But then, our bench was limited...

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #938: May 28, 2018 02:56:29 pm
      Think I have just sobered up and still obviously very down.

Every single bit of luck seemed to go against us. I genuinely felt watching that we were minutes away from getting the opener.

Once Salah went off we were fu**ed. We into our shell and lost our way completely. I am convinced if that injury didn't happen, we would be sitting here today as Champions of Europe.

It did happen and then Karius happened. I keep saying he's not good enough and if Saturday night isn't a clear indicator then Klopp will never learn or win anything proper with us.

No point in having three Ferraris up top if the man in goal is a Nissan Micra.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #939: May 28, 2018 02:56:55 pm
      Ox was the real loss, wasn't he? As soon as Salah went off, I knew we would struggle. Had Ox been fit, I have no doubt we would have been more of a threat, but I still believed we could have won it if it weren't for that first mistake by Karius :(

even at 2-1 I thought if we could get an equaliser and get to extra time we could still win it. Dreams don't always come true do they.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #940: May 28, 2018 02:56:57 pm
      Playing Henderson, Milner and Gini was silly really. All grafters but no creativity. But then, our bench was limited...

No other options really was there. I personally don't think Milner was fully fit and of course Can might not of been fully fit either.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #941: May 28, 2018 02:59:35 pm
      Can and Lallana were nothing like match fit and didn't really make an impact it was an impossible task for them.
      As long as we learn the lessons from that match and not just Karius then it will be a lesson hard earned but a lesson learned non the less.
      I am enjoying seeing the Petition on cunthooks Ramos going up and up and up.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #942: May 28, 2018 03:37:09 pm
      Just seen a clip on facebook but it was on my tablet of the tw*t Ramos doing exactly the same take out tackle on another player, clamped, brought down and rolled on.
      How the F**k does the F***ing cheat get away with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkamtKnV2yM&feature=player_embedded
      A selection of the dirty tw*t's disgusting tactics.
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2018 03:53:43 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply