Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Loris Karius
      16 (11.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      34 (24.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      69 (50.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Voting closed: May 30, 2018 09:39:22 pm

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 55821 times
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,133 posts | 127 
      Re: Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: May 27, 2018 08:59:13 am
      Thought Bobby and Gini were crap tonight. Karius has suffered enough. Jürgen is to blame for not heeding warnings earlier on in the season that neither Karius Nor Mignolet were good enough. Whoever is the goal keeping coach should be given his  immediate  P45.

As for Ramos. this animal keeps getting away with bodily harm challenges,  and the refs seem to be blind to  what he does.

John Achterberg, the former keeper of Tranmere Rovers, says it all really
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,056 posts | 343 
      Reply #783: May 27, 2018 08:59:45 am
      He won't (start next season) I'm sure.  Not as first choice.  He'd be decent back-up to a top-quality keeper we bring in, but it will take a man of serious character to recover from this and go on to reach top level further down the line.  I don't know enough about LK to know whether he IS that man.  I'm gutted for him after last night, I'm not sure I've ever seen a keeper have such a shocker and certainly never in a final.  He will know and always carry with him the knowledge that millions of fans will only ever remember him for this.  Every face he meets.  Can you imagine?
      Unless he bounces back quickly and learns fast, but it won't be as our No.1, I'm sure.  You'll never walk alone, Loris.  But for now, he's the loneliest player in world football.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #784: May 27, 2018 09:06:44 am
      Emotional night last night but, strangely enough, now the dust has settled, I’m nowhere near as gutted as I thought I might be.

Just had this feeling of pride throughout the game that we had made it to this point and we were back among the elite. Ultimately, we didn’t have the depth in squad - highlighted when Mo went off injured.

Now I’m just eager for next season and the new arrivals - Keita, likely Fekir, and however else Klopp thinks can improve us.

Not going to reflect too much on Karius, it’s all been said, but maybe reinforces the need to make improvements in the summer.

That goal by Bale was one of the best I’ve ever seen live and, in the moment, I said probably eclipsed Zidane’s Final goal all those years ago - though I was a bit drunk at this point and probably need to watch it again to settle this. If there’s any small crumb of comfort, it’s that Ronaldo is probably as gutted as where we are that he was outshone by Bale.

Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #785: May 27, 2018 09:08:01 am
      What with the football that we play the manager that we have this is only the begining sure it was a sore one last night we take it on the chin and move on.
      IMO Its a tremendous achievement for this squad to get us in a CL final injuries dealt us a few blows along the way even on the night Mo took a sore one our keepers will have to be looked at thats a given, yet I see so much potential for the future I dont know how many we will sign maybe 3 quality bits of business could see us reach the next level to challenge on all fronts.

There was a coming of age for some last night in their footballing careers and they will carry on accordingly ,some sadly wont but thats always been the case if the club is to progress .

The buzz you get watching Liverpool play see's you like an addict you cant get enough ,those new signings and who knows we could be back next year in another CL final  ,we are nowhere near the finished  article we have bundles to spend for improvements  its only going to get better then the silverware will come Im sure of that ,whats not to like.

YNWA
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,056 posts | 343 
      Reply #786: May 27, 2018 09:13:14 am
      I've been thinking.  Been awake all night, as I keep thinking about the game and the terrible, terrible luck we had. 

No matter what happened last night, folks, I am and always will be a Liverpool supporter; a fan, a RED.

I could NEVER, EVER follow a club like Real Madrid, no matter how successful.  I could never cheer and sing and applaud and get really insanely silly about a club that has THAT MUCH talent and experience, yet still resorts to cynical, snide, career-threatening cheating and displays that much sheer arrogance.  And has a club captain who grins at match officials as the  opponent he's just put out of the game and the World Cup (a beautiful individual who has done no less than to prove that there IS another face to one of the world's great religions) is led away in tears.

I can face defeat.  I can face abuse.  I can face my colleagues who do not know this feeling and laugh at our pain.
        I could not face this cruel, cruel game without what LFC stands for, its history and its people. 

We are Liverpool.  I am Liverpool.  A club after my own heart.  YNWA. Ever.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #787: May 27, 2018 09:15:36 am
      The finals record is low because of who he comes up against. It's like people thinm he would be a better manager if he went out in round two.

With the net spend of Dortmund and Liverpool it is an achievement to just be there. His record in finals when playing the big boys will always be low.

Every manager depends on their players and especially on their better ones. Your man Fergie owes a lot of titles to CR7 for instance and the players who came through the academy at that time.

Wolfsburg and Sevilla though...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,995 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #788: May 27, 2018 09:16:43 am
      To say I'm Gutted is a understatement, until Mo got dragged to the ground by that dirty cheating b***ard Ramos i thought we were in control and a goal at that point would have changed things,

Having said that tho we didn't cppe with the loss and RM took full advantage , like someone flicked a switch, i felt up to then that Marcelo was pushing up to high and we would gave gotten in behind ,but it wasn't to be and of course those  two howlers from Karius killed us, the Bale goal was exceptional tbf, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up say fair enough that was special and deserves to win any match,

Look i know we're all hurting right now but we'll get over it and be better for it, it means sh*t at the moment but that defeat will help us further up the road,
      Forget what ppl say, especially those manc kunts like f***in Ratboy and his ilk,

We got there when no one gave us a f***in chance, we played absolutely beautiful football on the way, we entertained the whole f***in planet and beat teams like City, Roma, Seville scoring thousands of goals, we have been absolutely brilliant,
      We fell at the last hurdle not because of the way we play, we lost because of RM dark arts and gk howlers,

So chins up ppl, it hurts of course but c'mon we've all been here before haven't we?

Next season......

WE GO AGAIN  !!

YNWA

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #789: May 27, 2018 09:25:46 am

Shouĺd have been done for ABH.

Didn't  break  Mo's arm with the initial drag down but twisted it and put his full weight on the arm causing serious damage.
      Deliberate and cynical.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #790: May 27, 2018 09:29:06 am

Didn't  break  Mo's arm with the initial drag down but twisted it and put his full weight on the arm causing serious damage.
      Deliberate and cynical.

The b***ard should of been sent off stuey.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,056 posts | 343 
      Reply #791: May 27, 2018 09:30:05 am

Deliberate and cynical.

Defo.  Trapped it between his own arm and his side as he went down.  Quite hard to do that, as Ramos's arm would naturally try to break his fall by moving outwards away from his body.  Should be retrospectively banned.  BUt he's the cleverest cheat in football.  We all know he does it but he gets away with it by fooling the officials on the pitch time and again.   The one where he got Mane booked was another blatant example. 
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #792: May 27, 2018 09:42:10 am
      After a sleepless night, saw a comment from a troll in a paper, which despite it being against us, did make me smile.

He said "A goal scored from a  supporters balloon, Jimmy Triore, Gerrard's slip against Chelsea. now butterfingers, Karius,- the comedy club that keeps giving."... not to forget Ronnie Rosenthal's miss.

He's quite right. Ken Dodd will never be dead whilst our club is making the country laugh.

Now sort it, Jürgen.

Onwards and upwards. next year the Premiership title.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #793: May 27, 2018 09:45:27 am
      You can’t equate for deliberate wounding with intent and then upunishment, a world class goal that will be Bale’s pinnacle of his career nor two goal keeping mistakes the likes of which I haven’t seen for a long time.

Ramos should be ashamed of himself, the only thing I can say for the ref is that when looked at in real time it must have looked 50/50 but that is naive at best.

Can’t say anything about Bale’s goal. World class and unstoppable.

The two goal keeping mistakes. Well we need to splash the cash!. I respect Karius for what he has said, but we need a world class keeper and have for a bloody long time. Oblak for me.

I’m hurting. Gonna go and get a F***ing good breakfast somewhere. Missus is out working all day so a few beers too F**k it.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #794: May 27, 2018 09:50:51 am
      I don't care what any other pr**k who supports someone else says I know they like to watch us play, want to play like us and want to be us.

They want the stories of getting to finals and being able to hope against the odds.

F**k them all.

We live on.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Reply #795: May 27, 2018 09:56:25 am
      Very upset about last night, we knew it would be a big task but absolutely nothing went for us.

Ramos setting out to deliberately injure Mo and then laughing as he goes off will live long in the memory.

Then lost to an absolute wonder strike and two of the worst goalkeeping mistakes you’ll ever see.

Important thing is his doesn’t feel like a one off. We are moving upwards and forwards and will be back again next year, with some lessons learned about how F***ing snide some teams can be.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #796: May 27, 2018 09:57:34 am
      feels sh*te.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #797: May 27, 2018 10:00:49 am

My two boys are gutted and very angry with Ramos.

Mate, all of Egypt is angry with Ramos.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,505 posts | 234 
      Reply #798: May 27, 2018 10:01:30 am
      You can’t equate for deliberate wounding with intent and then upunishment, a world class goal that will be Bale’s pinnacle of his career nor two goal keeping mistakes the likes of which I haven’t seen for a long time.

Ramos should be ashamed of himself, the only thing I can say for the ref is that when looked at in real time it must have looked 50/50 but that is naive at best.

Can’t say anything about Bale’s goal. World class and unstoppable.

The two goal keeping mistakes. Well we need to splash the cash!. I respect Karius for what he has said, but we need a world class keeper and have for a bloody long time. Oblak for me.

I’m hurting. Gonna go and get a f**king good breakfast somewhere. Missus is out working all day so a few beers too f**k it.

Oblak has signed a new contract with an increased release clause.

Allison would be the best option.
      Kopite78
      Reply #799: May 27, 2018 10:02:08 am
      Mate, all of Egypt is angry with Ramos.

Absolutely couldn't give a F**k about the whole of Egypt
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #800: May 27, 2018 10:04:15 am
      Absolutely couldn't give a f**k about the whole of Egypt

Did I say you did?
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #801: May 27, 2018 10:04:31 am
      Oblak has signed a new contract with an increased release clause.

Allison would be the best option.

Whatever Klopp wants, let’s just get a worldy!!.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #802: May 27, 2018 10:24:32 am
      The gulf in class of quality in midfield was laid bare last night with our players up front living off crumbs.
      Once Mo went off RM stepped up and compressed us into our half of the pitch knowing our midfield can’t handle being pressed and so it proved, without a outball Firmino and co were just peripheral.

Unfortunately until the club decide to splash the cash it will always be thus.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #803: May 27, 2018 10:38:51 am
      Where was Firmino tonight?

We needed him - particularly in the absence of Salah. Mane stood up and did his all. Firmino was missing. Really disappointing from him tonight. Really not good enough. No excuses. We played the final, and he didn't turn up.  :f_doh:
      Bobby has been poor for the last half a dozen games now. Fatigue maybe.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #804: May 27, 2018 10:40:07 am
      Being clever, dark arts, figuring the ref out and playing to it however you want to describe it in big games it can be the difference between history and heartbreak.

We have to adapt and learn to be clever at the right moments call it game management if you will.

Quick Reply