Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 190962 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #759: Mar 04, 2019 06:38:54 am
      Milner was useless today. Should have been Keita or Lallana instead of Milner.

Lallana showed more in his 10 minute cameo than Milner did in 40.

Milner had a shocker not even the basics worked for him last night definetly one to forget. Biggest gripe for me is not starting Keita strange one from Jürgen just as it looked like he was playing himself into some form he doesn’t get a look in anymore.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #760: Mar 04, 2019 06:43:28 am
      An away game of this magnitude did not need a midfield three of Hendo, Gini & Fabinho. For me that midfield set the tone of the game, negative.

Henderson for me was the best out of the three so when the sub came it was essential Gini came off but not for a like for like player, we needed that bit of creativity going forward, bringing on Milner for him made no sense to me.

Mane off for Lallana? Made absolutely no sense, he wasn't having his best game but none of our front three was but his speed was really causing Everton problems. How Lallana gets the nod ahead of Shaq or Keita I dont know.

Hopefully Klopp takes note of this and looks to forward away games with more positivity, the same issues we faced against United cropped up again today and we had no answer, hopefully we will learn from this.

Have to agree with this, selection has been quite negative recently. We need our play makers on the pitch so that means getting Keita it Shaqiri back into our midfield three.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #761: Mar 04, 2019 07:15:25 am
      Have to agree with this, selection has been quite negative recently. We need our play makers on the pitch so that means getting Keita it Shaqiri back into our midfield three.

TBH mate IMO, fu**ed knee or not, Liverpool fans would be walking along the road with nose bleeds we would be that far above City in the league.
      Nabil has everything we miss ,just my opinion, expected to get shot to sh*t,. £53 million for
       The Premiership what a deal that is,but supposedly his knee is ok and @£35 or £40 million if reports hold true ,doesnt matter a toss now we keep going and support the boys lots still to happen
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2019 07:24:58 am by Cad1875 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #762: Mar 04, 2019 07:52:24 am
      Yeah, think it's been a bit mad the way Naby started doing well then from that point hasn't had a look in but ay, I don't see them everyday in training.

What I would like to see is in game switches of Mane and Mo when they are left and right. Not sure why this doesn't happen but yesterday I was screaming for that to happen.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,800 posts | 6746 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #763: Mar 04, 2019 08:03:27 am
      Yeah, think it's been a bit mad the way Naby started doing well then from that point hasn't had a look in but ay, I don't see them everyday in training.

What I would like to see is in game switches of Mane and Mo when they are left and right. Not sure why this doesn't happen but yesterday I was screaming for that to happen.

Exactly mate, swap Mo and Sadio's wings when it's not working out...don't know why Jürgen doesn't do it. Shaw from those Manc cu*ts was all over Mo the other week. Swap them ...let Mane run at Shaw and stuff up their plans but no, just kept it the way it was. Does my head in too, mate.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,301 posts | 2845 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #764: Mar 04, 2019 09:28:32 am
      F**k it off will you!

You’re watching close ups of him are you, body language expert now too?

You’re buying into the f**king Sky and media agenda bollocks.

Yep qualified 2 years ago in it

Did he mention the weatber as a factor yes or no?
      RedWilly

• 9,198 posts | 1642 
      Reply #765: Mar 04, 2019 10:30:05 am
      Yep qualified 2 years ago in it

Did he mention the weatber as a factor yes or no?

Have you ever played football when it’s blowing a gale? Of course if impacts the game as it’s a nightmare to play in. The reason we didn’t win is because we blew our chances. In games like that you only ever get a handful of opportunities and you have to take them. We didn’t. Fabinho, Mo with a fair few.

We were never going play free flowing football, we never have in the derby.

Tell us more about Jurgens body language and what it must all mean?
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2019 10:35:20 am by RedWilly »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #766: Mar 04, 2019 04:45:21 pm
      Last season and the season before we really improve, and for a short time until Salah was injured in the CL final there looked as if there was only one winner...US
      This season we have looked poor most of the games we have struggled. Klopp has bought in Allison, and VVD, to shore up our defense, and Fab to provide the help for the defense from mid-field, so why not rust them to do just that, and play high press fast breaking football will we had been playing last season, the type of football which made LFC, and the front three the most feared in Europe...?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #767: Mar 04, 2019 04:51:09 pm
      Release the Ox..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #768: Mar 04, 2019 05:25:33 pm
      Last season and the season before we really improve, and for a short time until Salah was injured in the CL final there looked as if there was only one winner...US
      This season we have looked poor most of the games we have struggled. Klopp has bought in Allison, and VVD, to shore up our defense, and Fab to provide the help for the defense from mid-field, so why not rust them to do just that, and play high press fast breaking football will we had been playing last season, the type of football which made LFC, and the front three the most feared in Europe...?

I'd sooner look this 'poor' and have this many points as look great and be just about in the top four.

I don't agree we have been poor this season at all, just a lot more compact and playing a different style which in turn means less chances created for the front three.

Can we play better and improve the squad?

Yes of course but the way we played this season is the reason we're one point from the top with 9 to play.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #769: Mar 04, 2019 05:39:19 pm
      Time to swerve the post game interview,what's the fine? Too many taking what he says and twisting it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #770: Mar 04, 2019 05:45:35 pm

What the hell are you on about have you seen our pts tally in the last 10 years  :roll:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #771: Mar 04, 2019 06:03:30 pm
      I'd sooner look this 'poor' and have this many points as look great and be just about in the top four.

I don't agree we have been poor this season at all, just a lot more compact and playing a different style which in turn means less chances created for the front three.

Yes of course but the way we played this season is the reason we're one point from the top with 9 to play.

Yep.
      We're a much more rounded side, a more complete team, and a more balanced team.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #772: Mar 04, 2019 06:45:31 pm

I believe had we kept the high press and left the defense to do its job with the addition of VVD, Allison, and Fab' we would not have drawn so many games as we have this season, we may and i stress "May" have shipped more goal, but I believe we would have scored so many more and would have been  7+ point ahead of City now
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #773: Mar 04, 2019 07:14:56 pm
      I believe had we kept the high press and left the defense to do its job with the addition of VVD, Allison, and Fab' we would not have drawn so many games as we have this season, we may and i stress "May" have shipped more goal, but I believe we would have scored so many more and would have been  7+ point ahead of City now

We could have shipped more goals and some of our draws turn to defeats though.

No way of telling but the thing we know is playing as we have leaves us a point from top with 9 games left to play.

I'd take that any season
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #774: Mar 04, 2019 07:56:44 pm
      We could have shipped more goals and some of our draws turn to defeats though.

No way of telling but the thing we know is playing as we have leaves us a point from top with 9 games left to play.

I'd take that any season
      We are a point behind and City looks strong so If I was the manager, i would play like we did last season, or we could carry on as we are doing now  winning three out of the next nine drawing the rest and hope City loses five from the next nine
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #775: Mar 04, 2019 09:17:10 pm
      It's a worry that when our front three suffer a loss of form, we don't have any backup. Not really. We need someone young and hungry to push them for their places next season. Origi doesn't cut it for me.

What's also a worry is how we can play brilliantly one game and terrible the next. Epitomised by Mane; electric in one game (Watford) and then non-existent the next.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #776: Mar 04, 2019 09:22:57 pm
      Going to be honest about Klopp here. We are where we are because of Salah, Mane, Firmino, Alisson, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Trent and Gomez. He signed most of those so he can take some credit. Klopp is a bit slow at transfers though, we got nobody in the winter and we did need players. Klopp also doesn't make the right subs and makes subs too late. Klopp also puts out the same team against every opponent who now sets up to get something since they know what to expect. There's no creativity in the midfield. He's moved us in the right direction and we have a small chance of winning the league, but I'm not confident he's the right manager in the long term. I say small chance and that's not about being behind, we have no momentum and everyone knows we will play 4-3-3 every game with the same midfield and attack. There's no plan B. We should be changing the team to suit the opponent but it's not, it's just for in the same players every game who are misfiring.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #777: Mar 04, 2019 09:25:54 pm
      Going to be honest about Klopp here. We are where we are because of Salah, Mane, Firmino, Alisson, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Trent and Gomez. He signed most of those so he can take some credit. Klopp is a bit slow at transfers though, we got nobody in the winter and we did need players. Klopp also doesn't make the right subs and makes subs too late. Klopp also puts out the same team against every opponent who now sets up to get something since they know what to expect. There's no creativity in the midfield. He's moved is in the right direction and we have a small chance of winning the league, but I'm not confident he's the right manager in the long term. I say small chance and that's more about being behind, we have no momentum and everyone knows we will post 4-3-3 every game with the same midfield and attack. There's no plan B. We should be changing the team to suit the opponent but it's not, it's just too for in the same players every game.

F**k you, you silly tw*t..
      +10
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #778: Mar 04, 2019 09:29:42 pm
      Honest opinion, do you think under any circumstances bar injuries will Klopp change from a 4-3-3 and change the midfielders? It's not working and changing something is our only chance of winning the league, do you honestly think he'll do it? Or do you think he'll go out play it safe and get another f**king draw?

I'm not saying I'd sack him, but do I think he's going to get trophies? He might... but he's not the best manager for us. He's a nice guy but I don't think he's the right manager for is long term. 4 years and he's doing the things I'd expect him to do in the first season. Lallana on and Mane off? It's a joke, this isn't the change we are crying out for.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #779: Mar 04, 2019 09:29:53 pm
      Going to be honest about Klopp here. We are where we are because of Salah, Mane, Firmino, Alisson, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Trent and Gomez. He signed most of those so he can take some credit. Klopp is a bit slow at transfers though, we got nobody in the winter and we did need players. Klopp also doesn't make the right subs and makes subs too late. Klopp also puts out the same team against every opponent who now sets up to get something since they know what to expect. There's no creativity in the midfield. He's moved us in the right direction and we have a small chance of winning the league, but I'm not confident he's the right manager in the long term. I say small chance and that's not about being behind, we have no momentum and everyone knows we will play 4-3-3 every game with the same midfield and attack. There's no plan B. We should be changing the team to suit the opponent but it's not, it's just for in the same players every game who are misfiring.

Christ, i have a bit of moan about subs and tactics but it is a huge leap to say he isn't the right manager in the long term.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #780: Mar 04, 2019 09:34:47 pm
      It's a worry that when our front three suffer a loss of form, we don't have any backup. Not really. We need someone young and hungry to push them for their places next season. Origi doesn't cut it for me.

What's also a worry is how we can play brilliantly one game and terrible the next. Epitomised by Mane; electric in one game (Watford) and then non-existent the next.
      The bigger worry is why Shaqiri didn't get put on but Lallana did. Actions speak louder than words and that tells me a lot.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #781: Mar 04, 2019 09:38:42 pm
      Christ, i have a bit of moan about subs and tactics but it is a huge leap to say he isn't the right manager in the long term.
      We were 7 points ahead with a game in hand, we didn't sign anybody in the winter window, but now the starting line ups are predictable. Nobody can explain the Lallana on Mane off. It's inexcusable regardless what happens this season.

Quick Reply