Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson
      43 (35.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (1.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      18 (15%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      10 (8.3%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      41 (34.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: Oct 03, 2018 07:20:56 pm

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27294 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Sep 29, 2018 07:39:35 pm
      That midfield three doesn't provide enough innovation or enterprise but they will offer sweat and hard work. Hendo is particularly good at keeping the formation pressed in the opposition as he's always prepared on the clearance to just knock it off his boot and start us again. However when we're building play with us on the ball there is far too much passing behind the lines from Jordan and that will suit any team whether they're Chelsea or Huddersfield. I was really happy with the more positive impact Keita had when he came on and some may feel aggrieved that he didn't start today but I suppose with Jürgen it's a case of slowly blending him in. He's had a decent start to the season has Keita but I feel that as the season goes on he'll be the first name on the team sheet.

Keita certainly brought some urgency into our game and he moved the ball forward and not too many sideway and backpasses.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2018 07:54:05 pm by redkop63 »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #415: Sep 29, 2018 07:39:41 pm

F**k after witnessing that if I was Shaq I'd be practically claiming Studge as my firstborn.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #416: Sep 29, 2018 07:39:42 pm
      The reality for Chelsea is that's as good as they will be this season. They don't have an attack to match Man City's and as we showed today they can be cut apart (us doing it far more to them than they did to us). Not everyday will they find success with long balls over the top by Luiz either.

We do have the attack to match man City but our front lads of Salah, Bobby and Mane are going to have to rediscover their lethal nature sooner rather than later if we want to seriously challenge City. That was another extremely wasteful performance by all three despite finding ourselves in good positions time and time again and I'd be quite happy to scream them the riot act after that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #417: Sep 29, 2018 07:41:22 pm
      Jürgen is such a joy to listen to the Journos must be so pleased its him they get rather than Maureen
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #418: Sep 29, 2018 07:41:36 pm
      The reality for Chelsea is that's as good as they will be this season. They don't have an attack to match Man City's and as we showed today they can be cut apart (us doing it far more to them than they did to us). Not everyday will they find success with long balls over the top by Luiz either.

We do have the attack to match man City but our front lads of Salah, Bobby and Mane are going to have to rediscover their lethal nature sooner rather than later if we want to seriously challenge City. That was another extremely wasteful performance by all three despite finding ourselves in good positions time and time again and I'd be quite happy to scream them the riot act after that.

Hazard gets injured or dips in form they're fu**ed imo.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #419: Sep 29, 2018 07:42:08 pm
      Big point that joint top and let's not forget been to Leicester, palace,spurs and now Chelsea we are doing fine

10 points from those away ground suits me just fine.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #420: Sep 29, 2018 07:42:56 pm

Keita certainly brought some urgency in our game and he moved the ball forward and not too many sideway and backpasses.

The Central midfielders should hook the ball upfield above their defence one touch more often. Checking only resulted in allowing them time to get back into shape.
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #421: Sep 29, 2018 07:43:55 pm
      I don't want to slate the lad, but it's always seemed to me that he's a bit of a lazy, soft f**ker.

Is it just coincidence that he's fit and producing the goods in the last year of his contract?
      I'd hate to think so, but the cynic inside me can't help but wonder.

Putting that aside, it was a genuinely world class strike, an absolute f**king beauty.

Nah, it's simply that he's not been injured for some time, so he's getting back to his best.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #422: Sep 29, 2018 07:44:13 pm
      What a goal from Sturridge. He is still our best striker. At the moment, he needs to play because our front three are playing below par.

Our midfield and defense (keeper included) played very well.

Unbeaten.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #423: Sep 29, 2018 07:44:38 pm
      Hazard gets injured or dips in form they're fu**ed imo.

Very true. No other team in the top 4 is as dependent on one player as Chelsea are with Hazard.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #424: Sep 29, 2018 07:45:52 pm
      10 points from those away ground suits me just fine.

Means three wins and one draw in five games from the big six excluding us.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #425: Sep 29, 2018 07:47:59 pm
      Jordan Henderson plays the ball sideways because our wingbacks are our main attack both Robbo and Trent supply our front three more than any of our midfield. How many assist do our midfield get Robbo has 6 alone in his last 14 games. The constant critique of Henderson is not understanding Jürgen pattern of play which is very high press with both fullback high up the pitch covered by the midfield.  Discipline is the key to the midfield being effective not rampaging forward its not spectacular and they don't score many goals but this is hoe Jürgen sets us up and I am happy with Jurgens team
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #426: Sep 29, 2018 07:48:21 pm
      One word PHEW!

We were way off our normal standard apart from GK and CB's who saved us today. I never want to see Henderson with Milner again, they become super passive and negate the team.
      Final point is that we need to find a way of getting Bobby and Mo firing again, both are only at about 50% so far this season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #427: Sep 29, 2018 07:50:08 pm
      One word PHEW!

We were way off our normal standard apart from GK and CB's who saved us today. I never want to see Henderson with Milner again, they become super passive and negate the team.
      Final point is that we need to find a way of getting Bobby and Mo firing again, both are only at about 50% so far this season.

I would love to put you in front of Jürgen and let you say that to him he would rip you a new arsehole. you may need that explaining
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #428: Sep 29, 2018 07:52:06 pm
      Mindset made of steel by the lads thus the point won and mostly 2 taken from one of the title race contenders.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #429: Sep 29, 2018 07:52:46 pm

Did we bollocks
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #430: Sep 29, 2018 07:52:50 pm
      My points:

1. Gini/Hendo/Milly is not good enough against top sides. Plug in either Keita, Shaq, get Fekir? in January or hope for Ox back soon and 100%.
      2. Defense was 2017-ish today, but it happens, no problem.
      3. Salah has some real sh*t on his legs, looks lost overall and doesn't compensate with sheer effort like Bobby.
      4. Sturridge has found his place: as a premium joker.
      5. Shaq needs to start, again showed potential, but it's hard to come in the 70th minute and click if you are not a pure goalscorer.
      6. Hijacking one point from London is good enough, we can be happy, even more so when looking how it came.

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #431: Sep 29, 2018 07:54:17 pm
      Delighted with the draw but it was a fair result in the end. Shame I missed the game.

How well did Keita play when he came on?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #432: Sep 29, 2018 07:54:42 pm
      My points:

1. Gini/Hendo/Milly is not good enough against top sides. Plug in either Keita, Shaq, get Fekir? in January or hope for Ox back soon and 100%.
      2. Defense was 2017-ish today, but it happens, no problem.
      3. Salah has some real sh*t on his legs, looks lost overall and doesn't compensate with sheer effort like Bobby.
      4. Sturridge has found his place: as a premium joker.
      5. Shaq needs to start, again showed potential, but it's hard to come in the 70th minute and click if you are not a pure goalscorer.
      6. Hijacking one point from London is good enough, we can be happy, even more so when looking how it came.

;D.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #433: Sep 29, 2018 07:55:05 pm
      I’d say we deservedly won 1 point (could have been 3) but most importantly stole 2 from them.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2018 08:22:06 pm by nikos »
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #434: Sep 29, 2018 07:55:13 pm

More bonus based on team goals? I’m willing to give the club more money.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #435: Sep 29, 2018 07:55:27 pm
      We may well have Fabhino and Kieta in the side in the next few months and they may give us more than Gini,Hendo and Milner but Jürgen doesn't think so at the moment. It may be the final piece in the jigsaw to get more goals from midfield but at the moment we are solid in midfield if our front three were bang on form we would be top of the league and have scored 4 or 5 more goals but nobody is willing to slag of Mo as they do with Henderson.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #436: Sep 29, 2018 07:57:30 pm
      Was feeling like my weekend was ruined before Daniel rescued it for me. My family thanks  him. What a moment.

SO good to not lose ground to them, and really to gain via an away draw against one of our title rivals. That Chelsea midfield is class, although our group held its own and MORE THAN DESERVED a point.

What a warrior Virgil Van Dijk is, playing through injury and being massive as always. Don't forget that intervention in the closing minutes when I think it was Willian had gotten into the box.

Same for Allison, both with the 1v1 save on Hazard and rushing out of the area to clear after an iffy backpass from Gini. I don't usually vote subs for MOTM, especially when they play fewer than 10 minutes, but that goal....

Looking forward to a European win on Wednesday and then yet another immense league game in a week.

Quick Reply