Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Cardiff?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      7 (6.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (5.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      24 (21.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      65 (57.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      10 (8.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: Oct 31, 2018 03:51:17 pm

Liverpool 4-1 Cardiff City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21291 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Cardiff City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Oct 27, 2018 05:04:43 pm
      Mo the scorer, Mo the provider. I love that. Mo seems like a lot happier now. Fab has been good and continue to improve, winning possession and instantly switched to attack, resulted in a goal. Mane was very determined and rewarded with  2 goals. Looks like Shaq combines well with Salah. Overall very happy with the performance and result but the referee was terrible. MOTM is between Shaq, Mane and Salah. I'll give it to Salah for the goal and 2 assists.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #300: Oct 27, 2018 05:04:58 pm
      My insights:

1. Fabinho looks better and better, more vertical, more tackles, cold days ahead for Henderson, I'll play him vs. Arsenal.
      2. Shaq becomes better and better, he needs to touch the ball more instead of Gini, no brainer for Arsenal as well as Gini.
      3. Mané looked good, as well as Salah, Firminho tried but not too good today, but no problem.
      4. I like Lovren but have to admit: Gomez is better, because calmer.
      5. Moreno did play ok in his first game since forever, but no doubt Robbo is boss there.

This is my team I'd play right now in a CL final or against any premium contender (incl. Arsenal next week):

Alisson
      TAA-Gomez-VVD-Robbo
      Shaq-Gini-Fabinho
      Salah-Mané-Bobby 
      rossyred

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #301: Oct 27, 2018 05:05:23 pm
      Only watched on a dodgy stream but Bobby looked poor and has been on numerous occasions this season
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #302: Oct 27, 2018 05:07:14 pm
      Only watched on a dodgy stream but Bobby looked poor and has been on numerous occasions this season

If he does that against Arsenal next week then we're going to get shafted left, right and centre on the counter. Properly irritating of late.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,088 posts | 3445 
      Reply #303: Oct 27, 2018 05:08:23 pm

Wasn’t his best game but played well Midweek - just searching for consistent form the same with Mo and Mane
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #304: Oct 27, 2018 05:09:16 pm
      Love the new double pivot in midfield with players who can move the ball quickly with a sharp pass or run with it.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #305: Oct 27, 2018 05:11:04 pm

It's nothing new, once in a while he takes a game off. The same goes for Mané and Salah. We are a anti-methodical team, we live from stealing balls and pressuring opponents into mistakes. It's quite normal with this approach to have bad days once in a while. We are not City.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #306: Oct 27, 2018 05:13:05 pm
      You people do realize that we are still not seeing the front three at 100%...?

Shaqiri...
      Makes picking out team mate with pinpoint passes so natural. Does it all most without breaking stride and so effortlessly... Klopp has re- invented Shaqiri in the Schweinsteiger...

If we can get Keita playing in the fashion he was bought for then look out the Premier league, No look out Europe
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #307: Oct 27, 2018 05:18:08 pm
      Its incredibly exiting to think how far this team can go it has everything it needs now including depth and quality.
      I know Arsenal have done well but they haven't faced anyone like us yet so bring it on if they want to take us on head to head in football there will be only one outcome
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #308: Oct 27, 2018 05:20:10 pm
      We had a mighty mouse in our all conquering years in the likes of Keegan, Sammy Lee and  Craig Johnstone. Hope Shaqiri is the answer for the present.
      rossyred

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #309: Oct 27, 2018 05:21:31 pm
      It's nothing new, once in a while he takes a game off. The same goes for Mané and Salah. We are a anti-methodical team, we live from stealing balls and pressuring opponents into mistakes. It's quite normal with this approach to have bad days once in a while. We are not City.

Not really been once in a while though has it this season
      rossyred

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #310: Oct 27, 2018 05:22:47 pm
      Love the new double pivot in midfield with players who can move the ball quickly with a sharp pass or run with it.

Yep agree with that looks more fluid. Do you think he will stick with it and be brave at Arsenal with Gini,Fab and  Shaq ?
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #311: Oct 27, 2018 05:26:43 pm
      I like Fabinho. He keeps it simple. He's so sloppy though. Which we don't need in midfield. If he cuts out his sloppyness he's gonna be great
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #312: Oct 27, 2018 05:27:54 pm
      Shaqiri is going to be another player who can and probably will challenge for a permanent spot in the side and rightly so.
      When we have the squad all fit and playing to the best of their abilities we can and will be anyone anywhere.
      I so want to play RM again ASAP.
      I haven't a clue how Jürgen is going to keep them all happy but I guess a winning side keeps everyone happy even a few posters on here might crack a smile today
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #313: Oct 27, 2018 05:28:03 pm
      Not really been once in a while though has it this season
      I agree. People are talking about how poor Salah has been. But Mane and Firmino have been much worse
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #314: Oct 27, 2018 05:29:36 pm
      I like Fabinho. He keeps it simple. He's so sloppy though. Which we don't need in midfield. If he cuts out his sloppyness he's gonna be great

I think your right but its probably just a bit of nerves wanting to impress and just finding his form he was sloppy for 15 mins or so on Weds but then he was excellent and you could see what he will bring us
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #315: Oct 27, 2018 05:31:31 pm
      Shaqiri is going to be another player who can and probably will challenge for a permanent spot in the side and rightly so.

In fact I'd consider Shaq for the role that Gini has right now. Give him the ball more, make him a classical midfielder, make him a classical #10. He may not catch Zidane, Messi, Maradona or Pelé but could make himself remembered as coming right behind them.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #316: Oct 27, 2018 05:35:26 pm
      I think your right but its probably just a bit of nerves wanting to impress and just finding his form he was sloppy for 15 mins or so on Weds but then he was excellent and you could see what he will bring us

He wasn't sloppy or a bag of nerves for the first 15 mins, he only had 3 moments ( I watched the game a few times :D)where he got caught out twice and 1 bad pass, that's it, but other than that, he was winning balls and passing well.

Anyway, he, along with Wijnaldum have given us a new dimension in midfield, we are more fluid and commanding in midfield, but will be interesting to see if Klopp will revert back to the more familiar option of Hendo and Milner when they are fully fit.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #317: Oct 27, 2018 05:38:59 pm
      He wasn't sloppy or a bag of nerves for the first 15 mins, he only had 3 moments ( I watched the game a few times :D)where he got caught out twice and 1 bad pass, that's it, but other than that, he was winning balls and passing well.

Anyway, he, along with Wijnaldum have given us a new dimension in midfield, we are more fluid and commanding in midfield, but will be interesting to see if Klopp will revert back to the more familiar option of Hendo and Milner when they are fully fit.

Did not see the sloppiness today either. Firmino definitely who lost the ball from deep a few times but Fabinho? He coasted through the game with no dramas.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,088 posts | 3445 
      Reply #318: Oct 27, 2018 05:40:50 pm
      Fabinho lost the ball a couple of times but no real danger , a solid game from him as he continues to get used to it all

Klopp has a riches of options at the moment and it all seems harmonious within the squad
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #319: Oct 27, 2018 05:48:57 pm
      Marvelous
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #320: Oct 27, 2018 05:50:05 pm

Also - agree with you on the Gini/Fabinho combo. Ok, it's only two games in the middle together but Gini looks as free as I've seen him and there is a real flexibility to the midfield that can only get better from here.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #321: Oct 27, 2018 05:50:21 pm
      Yep agree with that looks more fluid. Do you think he will stick with it and be brave at Arsenal with Gini,Fab and  Shaq ?

I would imagine he will want to keep it tight in midfield and Arsenal are playing well so I can see Milner coming in along with Fab and Gini.

Quick Reply