Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Napoli (11/12/18 - 20:00)

Read 7896 times
      danaxe
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Napoli (11/12/18 - 20:00)
      Reply #46: Dec 10, 2018 10:26:39 pm
      Don’t mean copy, mean a similar tactic which means any tactic that wins us the spot in CL^^   :f_whistle:
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #47: Dec 10, 2018 11:16:47 pm
      Well I'm bricking it ...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: Dec 10, 2018 11:27:39 pm
      I'll go for a 1-0   that'll be enough.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #49: Dec 10, 2018 11:46:15 pm
      If we play anywhere near our best we win this match, remember that they only just beat us at their place when we had one of our worst games of the season.
      I really think we'll dish out a good hiding to them, 4-1 to us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #50: Dec 11, 2018 03:25:05 am
      Another 5-0 hammering like we gave them in the summer be nice. Gotten a bit too ahead of themselves since they scraped a last minute winner when we played utter sh*te.

Alisson, Trent, Lovren (if fit), Virgil, Robbo, Gini, Fab, Keita, Salah, Mane, Bobby. No f**king about, the midfield strongest 3 I think picks itself with Fab and Keita now finding their form, don’t break it up to make room for Hendo.

When did we ever make the group stages simple for ourselves anyway? Beat these and we go into the game vs the Mancs buzzing and full of confidence and momentum.

Let’s be Ancelotti’s nightmare once again. Besides, we drop into the Europa League and it will ruin our chances of the league so anything but qualification is simply not an option.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #51: Dec 11, 2018 04:50:56 am
      Considering we never do it easy, a 4-2 is on the cards.

If Dejan is fit he comes in, same with Mané. Midfield will probably be Gini, Hendo and Naby.

I start work at kick off so productivity will be low. Just hope we’re celebrating at full time. Being in the Europa League would be a bummer.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #52: Dec 11, 2018 07:23:21 am
      Buzzing for this - hope we go for the jugular
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #53: Dec 11, 2018 08:34:16 am
      I hope our REDS are ready to give Napoli a football lesson and I hope the crowd are in top voice ( let Napoli experience the ANFIELD crescendo)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,620 posts | 7143 
      Reply #54: Dec 11, 2018 09:29:56 am
      We all know this is going to be a cliffhanger they will score first we will equalise before half time followed by another on 80 mins and then bedlam for 10 mins and a winner by Mo deep into injury time.
      Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #55: Dec 11, 2018 09:55:28 am
      We all know this is going to be a cliffhanger they will score first we will equalise before half time followed by another on 80 mins and then bedlam for 10 mins and a winner by Mo deep into injury time.

I flippin’ hope not, my nerves are bad enough now, that could send me over the edge! 😲
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #56: Dec 11, 2018 09:55:40 am

I really don’t want that to happen - my heart is fu**ed as it is.

A nice simple easy 2-0 will be lovely please
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,620 posts | 7143 
      Reply #57: Dec 11, 2018 09:59:13 am
      I really don’t want that to happen - my heart is fu**ed as it is.

A nice simple easy 2-0 will be lovely please

that's why we love the club they like to pull our beating hearts out crush it then put it back and give us the kiss of life.
      I bet everyone remembers Olympiakos when when Mellor headed down for Stevie we remember it because we were all on our knees begging for a goal.
      But I would take a 3-0 easy win as you say the old ticker is getting on a bit
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #58: Dec 11, 2018 10:32:36 am
      that's why we love the club they like to pull our beating hearts out crush it then put it back and give us the kiss of life.
      I bet everyone remembers Olympiakos when when Mellor headed down for Stevie we remember it because we were all on our knees begging for a goal.
      But I would take a 3-0 easy win as you say the old ticker is getting on a bit

Best feeling ever - that moment is right up there with the birth of my son ha ha
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #59: Dec 11, 2018 10:32:37 am
      I don't know why but I have a very bad feeling about tonight. I hope to God I am wrong.

Also, I would have preferred to play anyone other than the Scum over the weekend. We know the Mourneninho will park 5 buses and get a fuuuuuuuuking breakaway goal, not mentioning one of their thugs will try to kick our one of our forwards to the shreds. It would have been nice to play Wolves next and then the Scum.

No prediction from me. Also, I won't be able to watch the first half tonight as the better half has organised something else. :(
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #60: Dec 11, 2018 10:49:15 am
      Please please please DON'T let Hendo anywhere near starting tonight,  he just isnt at the level we require against such opposition, sorry but its a fact,

I think Klopp will be cautious, initially, and if things are not going our way will become more adventurous by adding more creactivity, so i think he'll start thus....
                             Alisson
              Trent  Matip VvD Robbo
                            Fabinho
                 Milner          Wijnaldom
                  Salah Firmino Mane

For me this is how we should start, we can introduce Shaq, or Naby laters if things are not going to plan, Napoli are decent and will test us but i think we will have enough to get the job done,  stay solid at the back and we'll be fine, ideally we could do with being 1 or 2 up by the break, and then we can control the tempo and manage any assaults from them.

3-0  Mighty Redmen

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2018 12:14:08 pm by billythered »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,198 posts | 3477 
      Reply #61: Dec 11, 2018 10:56:04 am
      Please please please DON'T let Hendo anywhere near starting tonight,  he just isnt at the level we require against such opposition, sorry but its a fact,

I think Klopp will be cautious, initially, and if things are not going our way will become more adventurous by adding more creactivity, so i think he'll start thus....
                             Alisson
              Trent  Matip VvD Robbo
                            Fabinho
                  Salah Firmino Mane

For me this is how we should start, we can introduce Shaq, or Naby laters if things are not going to plan, Napoli are decent and will test us but i think we will have enough to get the job done,  stay solid at the back and we'll be fine, ideally we could do with being 1 or 2 up by the break, and then we can control the tempo and manage any assaults from them.

0-3 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

Sorry but the highlighted bit isn’t a fact it’s an opinion and he has proven himself plenty of times against this type of opposition

I will be amazed if he doesn’t start his skipper again tonight if he is fit

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #62: Dec 11, 2018 11:10:54 am
      Sorry but the highlighted bit isn’t a fact it’s an opinion and he has proven himself plenty of times against this type of opposition

I will be amazed if he doesn’t start his skipper again tonight if he is fit
      he hasn't proven himself, average performances is what he's proven. He's won nothing at Liverpool bar a league cup. I don't think Henderson was even a part of the final either.. memory is a bit hazy but that was Gerrard in centre mid and at that time we didn't really have a DM.

Henderson isn't terrible but he's far from proven himself as quality. Today is a game where rotations will go out the window and first xi will be played. I don't think Henderson is first xi.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #63: Dec 11, 2018 11:16:00 am

Alisson
              Trent  Matip VvD Robbo
                            Fabinho
                  Salah Firmino Mane

0-3 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

According to Twatter, Joyce says it's the midfield three of Wini, Henderson & Milner. :(
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: Dec 11, 2018 11:17:51 am
      According to Twatter, Joyce says it's the midfield three of Wini, Henderson & Milner. :(
      Has that come from Joyce? Our somebody said it's what Joyce said?
      I can't see anything on Joyce's Twitter so I'm calling bullsh*t on it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #65: Dec 11, 2018 11:28:21 am
      If Henderson starts then we can’t have Milner in there as it just strips the team of any creativity.

I don’t mind Henderson but it didn’t work at PSG when I thought his industry would help. Hopefully Klopp goes with

Wijnaldum Fabinho Keita
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #66: Dec 11, 2018 11:42:27 am
      Think we will win.  Will we win by the requisite margin? Not as sure.  Read that these haven't lost in 12 or something.

Napoli away was our worst performance of the season in my view.  PSG away was more down to awful final balls but Napoli we were camped in our own half for what seemed like the full 90.

Anyway, fingers crossed because the last thing we need is Thursday night Europa League.  That really will affect the Premier League.

Come on you reds. Lets have a crack at the last 16.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,633 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #67: Dec 11, 2018 11:44:28 am
      Given the amount of rotation involved in the run up to this game it's nearly impossible to predict the team for tonight,
      and that's a good thing.
      Surely Keita & Fabinho have worked their way into contention at this stage as they both seem more settled now.

Fabinho, Wijnaldum & Milner all played the full 90 v Bournemouth so probable that not all 3 will start.
      Milner was at RB so not a given, if the suggestion is that "all 3" of Wijnaldum, Henderson & Milner play, that he will start in midfield.
      Klopp seems to favour swapping out TAA for a more defensive option in tighter games.
      Maybe Milner will play RB with Wijnaldum & Henderson in the midfield 3, along with Keita.

Keita gives us that more direct impetus from midfield.
      Would rather see Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, but quite possibly it'll be Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, with Milner at Right Back.
      Gives us:

Alisson

Milner          VVD               Matip         Robertson

Henderson                  Wijnaldum
                                  Keita

Salah             Firmino              Mane

But that goes against the recent setup where Shaqiri played wider and Salah played ahead of Firmino.

Great to finally have those options.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #68: Dec 11, 2018 11:52:46 am
      Do you people know what I considered what was a bonus about the weekends game...? It was that Mo Salah  had started to hit some  form, what with the Hat Trick and the confidences he showed in taking his third goal... That can only bode well for us tonight...  That and a rested Mane  ;D

But what do I know. We will see in 10 hours plus

Quick Reply