Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      5 (4.6%)
       Fabinho
      33 (30.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      58 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2019 09:37:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34528 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Jan 07, 2019 09:50:30 pm
      Is no one concerned about two losses on the bounce after an unbelievable season?

I’m gutted.

It’s going to be very interesting to see how we perform at the weekend. Anything other than a win will see the whole place (including the media) go into meltdown
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #668: Jan 07, 2019 09:50:49 pm
      If you aren't arsed by Liverpool losing a game i suggest you F**k off and play football manager or fortnite.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #669: Jan 07, 2019 09:51:04 pm
      Two defeats on the bounce won't help confidence

Considering most of the players who played in the previous defeat didn't play tonight I wouldn't read too much into it.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #670: Jan 07, 2019 09:51:18 pm
      Shame on Klopp. Why bring on Salah and Firmino with only 20 mns to go. Liverpool won't win the league. In fact Brighton will beat Liverpool. Because Klopp is too arrogant.

F**k me - what rock have you crawled out from under?

Arrogant enough to lead the league by 4 and go unbeaten into January for fucks sake.

Utterly moronic.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #671: Jan 07, 2019 09:51:25 pm

Say that if you get to Wembley

I remember us getting to Wembley in 2014 and losing to a sh*t stain of an Aston Villa side in the semi final. Grim.

And besides...new Wembley is a F***ing turd hole.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #672: Jan 07, 2019 09:51:31 pm
      We have put ourselves under a lot of pressure for the next match .
      Such a shame that the FA cup isn’t seen as important enough to try to win when there’s only a few trophies handed out each season .
      I understand all the arguments and if we land the premier league trophy then fine that’s great it’s all worth it but the more pressure you put on yourself , the more likely mistakes are made on the pitch .
      Massively impressed by the young lad hoever.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Reply #673: Jan 07, 2019 09:51:37 pm
      Two defeats on the bounce won't help confidence

Not many of those playing tonight will play on Saturday, so don't think that will be much of a problem
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #674: Jan 07, 2019 09:52:41 pm
      what about Fab he was excellent he really stood out playing in an unfamiliar position ...top man Fab

I thought he played a big part in their first goal … very high up the pitch to begin with, and needlessly dived in for a ball he couldn't realistically win putting himself out of the game. He wasn't as poor as others but he was by no means great either.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Reply #675: Jan 07, 2019 09:53:18 pm
      The only good thing is that the boss himself labeled this cup "redundant" by his team selection. So why bother if LFC doesn't? But I was hungry for a treble...LFC never had one. :(

End of the bell
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,688 posts | 7159 
      Reply #676: Jan 07, 2019 09:53:25 pm
      The only good thing is that the boss himself labeled this cup "redundant" by his team selection. So why bother if LFC doesn't? But I was hungry for a treble...LFC never had one. :(

yes we have you f***in idiot at least know your history
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 290 
      Reply #677: Jan 07, 2019 09:53:32 pm
      I'm never happy about going out of any cup but let's face it if we'd have gone on to win the FA cup and don't end up being PL Champions this year I can't see many being happy with that given our current position.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #678: Jan 07, 2019 09:53:32 pm
      Is no one concerned about two losses on the bounce after an unbelievable season?

I am not. This was obviously a calculated "don't give a F**k" game by Jürgen. He obviously is sold on PL and CL and thinks we are not able to dance on all three competitions. Maybe he's right. If Salah gets gurt in this competition or Alisson or VVD it'd be a super disaster. Brighton will be different.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #679: Jan 07, 2019 09:53:45 pm
      No. Not one bit.

City away, anyone can lose against them, and if Klopp was bothered about losing in the FA Cup he wouldn't have picked the team he did.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #680: Jan 07, 2019 09:54:03 pm
      I’m disappointed. Know what would be nice? Be the elite club we are and try to win everything?  Simple fact is, our squad is nowhere near as some think.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #681: Jan 07, 2019 09:54:04 pm
      Moreno and Studge gotta go. Would rather have shipped Moreno permanently and kept Clyne on the bench. Jones showed he isn't ready. If Lallana didn't play because of a loan move in the pipeline we need to think twice, id rather have Lallana over Kieta on the bench on current form. Feel bad for the kids who won't get first team look now till next season because of this loss, which they didn't have much to do with. Having said all that, I will be over this game if Wolves get a top 5 team in the draw.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #682: Jan 07, 2019 09:54:08 pm
      I'm gutted to be out.

I hate losing games but a I don't see how some of you lot see this as having this great effect on the next league game.

A game that will have pretty much an entire different team playing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #683: Jan 07, 2019 09:54:20 pm
      Bizarre he was let go yet clowns like Skrtel were allowed to stay.

Because he was a centre mid for us whilst Skrtel was a CB  :roll:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #684: Jan 07, 2019 09:54:27 pm
      Shame on Klopp. Why bring on Salah and Firmino with only 20 mns to go. Liverpool won't win the league. In fact Brighton will beat Liverpool. Because Klopp is too arrogant.

Classic wum. State of your 5 posts you bad tit.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #685: Jan 07, 2019 09:54:31 pm
      yes we have you f***in idiot at least know your history

When was that?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,688 posts | 7159 
      Reply #686: Jan 07, 2019 09:54:36 pm
      I thought he played a big part in their first goal … very high up the pitch to begin with, and needlessly dived in for a ball he couldn't realistically win putting himself out of the game. He wasn't as poor as others but he was by no means great either.

judging by MOTM not many people agree with you I thought he as excellent tonight
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #687: Jan 07, 2019 09:55:47 pm
      I’m disappointed. Know what would be nice? Be the elite club we are and try to win everything?  Simple fact is, our squad is nowhere near as some think.

You are right, but the fact we are discussing improving our bench and not the first team is a sign of progress.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #688: Jan 07, 2019 09:56:10 pm
      what about Fab he was excellent he really stood out playing in an unfamiliar position ...top man Fab

Fair comment, but as you say Fab was in diffo position, one which I hope we dont see again. what I've seen, he has started to exel in CM
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #689: Jan 07, 2019 09:56:17 pm

Ok.

Thanks for your input..

Quick Reply