Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson
      6 (5.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (7.6%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      15 (14.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      64 (61%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: Feb 03, 2019 09:54:07 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33421 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Jan 30, 2019 10:07:34 pm
      Clyne to Bournemouth .......??..??..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #599: Jan 30, 2019 10:07:36 pm
      So many mistakes from Klopp.
      1. Loaning Clyne
      2. Starting with Keita instead of Fabinho.
      3. Relying on such a thin squad and on Salah too much.
      4. It's clear that the team was not in the right mindset since the 10th minute. Klopp should have done something.

Salah has under-performed against the big teams...

1. Made zero difference to tonight

2. Didn’t start because he hardly trained recently due to hamstring

3. Thin squad ? Seriously we have players who used to be starters now on the bench

4. What did you expect him to do in the 10th minute ?!?
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,296 posts | 238 
      Reply #600: Jan 30, 2019 10:07:41 pm
      is taa back on monday?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #601: Jan 30, 2019 10:08:42 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #602: Jan 30, 2019 10:09:04 pm
      Could be worse, could be supporting Chelsea.

Poor lacklustre performance. Not sure what Shaq offers us now, to be honest. Starting to think that taking the boys to Dubai might not have worked out like it should have. Most of the players looked like they were still out there!

Lots wrong tonight. Slow build up, and no real presence in midfield. Henderson good going forward but a liability with his positional play. Too many players went missing. Robertson poor, Salah non existent second half and even VvD looked a bit flaky on times.

Positives...Fab didn't do any real damage to his hamstring on a cold night, and we are now 5 points clear. Also, I fully expect a reaction in the next game and I haven't been able to say that with any conviction for a long time.

As for the ref - terrible. And that was a penalty.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #603: Jan 30, 2019 10:09:26 pm

Happened about a month ago have you just noticed ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #604: Jan 30, 2019 10:09:50 pm
      Lallana coming on I knew would be completely pointless and should never have happened. Especially as Keita seemed to have played himself into the game.

Apart from Mane, Hendo and Fab when he came on, he should start every game, it was a slow lethargic performance from the rest. Makes you wonder what’s the point of warm weather training!

Oh well one more point than before. Really need to put in a performance against the Hammers now.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #605: Jan 30, 2019 10:10:06 pm
      More and more it seems Keita doesn't fit into Klopp's system. He obviously is not allowed to take the ball Ox-style, running vertical to disrupt the defense (Matip did it twice in the 1st half and it brought some danger immediately). I am very disappointed by Naby so far, but at the same time I have patience. He needs game time, he needs some good expierences on the pitch.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Reply #606: Jan 30, 2019 10:10:20 pm
      We have to take the positives albeit reluctantly, the officials were poor but we were worse, forget this now and move on, we were lucky to get a point we have give City a lift now though..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #607: Jan 30, 2019 10:11:03 pm
      Not sure I see what Keita is or does

I’m feeling less and less confident that he’s going to be with us come the start of next season. Bright start but since then, he’s arguably been one of our worst players this season and I think he’s probably down as Klopps worst signing to date for us. He’s slow off the mark, he’s weak in the challenge, he doesn’t pass, he rarely beats his man, he doesn’t get into goal scoring positions often enough, he’s so predictable and above all else, he looks completely out of his depth in English football so far.

I hope I’m wrong because he was fantastic for Leipzig, but I’m feeling less and less confident about him. Fair enough players need settling in time but the way he started the season shows he can do it, he just simply isn’t performing IMO.

As for Shaqiri, hes been dog ever since the start of the Wolves game. I didn’t want him to start this match, he’s been boss for us being an impact player of the bench, I feel we dealt all our cards from the off today. I’d much rather see Shaqiri coming off the bench than Lallana.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #608: Jan 30, 2019 10:12:08 pm
      MOTM....Mane.....best player on the field, especially in the first 45

Baffled how LFC's back 4 are receiving MOTM votes given how LC ran unmarked through the box at times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #609: Jan 30, 2019 10:12:09 pm
      One point further ahead of the competition. One point better than I expected. Not complaining. Rather enjoy the best LFC side I've seen in decades. Keep going, reds.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,039 posts | 537 
      Reply #610: Jan 30, 2019 10:12:50 pm
      We started well, got the goal, bossed the game for about 25 minutes, and then just seemed to switch off. Surprised we were so passive and meek in the 2nd half. The substitutions helped at least stem the flow of Leicester attacks - cos we were getting overrun in midfield for a quite a while there, Shaq and Keita just passengers today - but we still didn't offer anything in attack.

Gini was our best player - did all he could, gave him MOTM. Mane was good 1st half, Alisson basically saved us from losing in the 2nd half. Everybody else had a bit of a mare.

5 points clear is still a great position, and it is inevitable that nerves will be in play now and everybody's tightening up. City are feeling it too. So it's bollocks to say the players "don't want it enough". But we will have to dig deep and show a bit more courage than we did tonight, cos performances like that wont win enough games. Jürgen's got to be straight with them and tell them that won't get it done. And then they've got to rise to the challenge.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #611: Jan 30, 2019 10:13:17 pm
      This Leicester side love to raise their game against the top six so it could have been worse tonight. Let's not forget they go to City in May so could be more dropped points there.

Expecting a big reaction on Monday night.
      Tadders

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #612: Jan 30, 2019 10:13:24 pm
      City were sh*te last night which is the only saving grace otherwise it would be only 2 points
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      Reply #613: Jan 30, 2019 10:13:49 pm
      Yeah Keita is a bit of a worry. Outstanding for Leipzig but his performances so far have been weak.

We should put a bit in for that Choudry fell (I'm only half joking before anyone starts! :D)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #614: Jan 30, 2019 10:14:38 pm
      Seeing how much more forward thinking we were with Fabinho just makes me question why he wasn't in there from the start.

Doesn't make sense right, surely Shaqiri and Keita would bring more creativity but no it was Fabinho when he was on making the driving runs and forward passes.

The uncertainty in defence didn't help either, can't wait to have a fully healthy back four back together.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #615: Jan 30, 2019 10:14:55 pm
      I actually thought we were lucky to get the point. I know a couple of decisions could have gone for us but if gray squares that ball to Maddison I’m not sure we would have equalised.

Got to be happy to have extended our lead at the top but we (as in the fans) have got to keep a lid on the nerves because it’s counter productive. It’s still bloody January and for the most part we are behaving like there are only 5 games to play. Think what it will be like when there really are only 5 to play?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #616: Jan 30, 2019 10:15:38 pm

Irrelevant, RB wasn’t this issue tonight, far from it. Hendo played pretty well there and certainly wasn’t any worse defensively than what Clyne would have been. Our problem was on the left with Robbo giving away a cheap foul and the midfield onwards. RB was probably the area of the pitch I thought we were most comfortable today.

All this Clyne rubbish has to stop, we’ve won all but 1 game in the league since he went, and he played about 3 games in 2 years. Pinning a sh*t draw on a player being loaned out, that played virtually no part for us is pointless.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      Reply #617: Jan 30, 2019 10:15:44 pm
      I think the biggest worry for me, was the second half. After a poor showing in first half games this season, we have usually started the second half like a bull out of a gate. Yet tonight, it was just as poor if not worse.

Still, Klopp doesn't seem to be the type of manager who will let it slide.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #618: Jan 30, 2019 10:16:42 pm
      City were sh*te last night which is the only saving grace otherwise it would be only 2 points

I suspect that had City won last night we also would have done so mate. It just seems to play out that way more often than not.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #619: Jan 30, 2019 10:18:20 pm
      We all need to settle down. It's F***ing miles away from the end of the season and far too early for the nervousness we seen today on the pitch and in the stands.

Need to relax it's still January!
      Tadders

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #620: Jan 30, 2019 10:18:40 pm
      Son plays for spurs and turns the game around - wish Fabinho would have played a bigger part

Quick Reply